180 25.75%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.75%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.77%
  • Others

222 31.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 226 of 275 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 6856

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Looks interesting, can't wait! Glad to find the portable titles are going back to button controls (not that the touch controls were bad).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    Actually, I don't believe that the name was ever given.
    Personally, I think it's a spiritual successor.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    I didn't hear them mention a name when I was watching Nintendo Direct. They simply mentioned that because their favorite installment of the game was LTTP, they decided to create a new game based on the original.

I believe they wanted to stay away from an actual remake, considering they're currently working on the Wind Waker remake. This was the next best thing. Well I know what I want this coming holiday season
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I didn't hear them mention a name when I was watching Nintendo Direct. They simply mentioned that because their favorite installment of the game was LTTP, they decided to create a new game based on the original.

I believe they wanted to stay away from an actual remake, considering they're currently working on the Wind Waker remake. This was the next best thing. Well I know what I want this coming holiday season
    According to R_N:

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    In the japanese direct it straight up had a 2 in the title
    so
    I haven't watched the Japanese Direct, but I have no reason to believe he's lying.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Satoru Shibata
    While this game is set in the game world of A Link To The Past it features entirely new dungeons and an original story arc."
    That should clear up any confusion for the people who are unsure if it a remake or a sequel.

Source

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

A Link to the Past 2 looks great!
    But I'm kind of bummed out that it wasn't a full 3D Zelda game!
    I was hoping for a full 3D Toon Link game and the newest full 3D Toon Link game since Wind Waker, but since ALTTP is Nintendo's big Zelda 3DS title for this year, I feel like a new full 3D Toon Link Game is father away. I know Toon Link & Toon Zelda will be busy in Wind Waker HD this 2013, but I am just hoping for next year or so that Toon Link will get a new full 3D game I mean I think he deserves a new full HD 3D game after WW HD. Will Toon Link still get a new full 3D game for the 3DS or Wii U? Will we might see a announcement of a full 3D Zelda game for Next year? Nintendo is not giving up Cartoon Link are they?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    A Link to the Past 2 looks great!
    But I'm kind of bummed out that it wasn't a full 3D Zelda game!
    I was hoping for a full 3D Toon Link game and the newest full 3D Toon Link game since Wind Waker, but since ALTTP is Nintendo's big Zelda 3DS title for this year, I feel like a new full 3D Toon Link Game is father away. I know Toon Link & Toon Zelda will be busy in Wind Waker HD this 2013, but I am just hoping for next year or so that Toon Link will get a new full 3D game I mean I think he deserves a new full HD 3D game after WW HD. Will Toon Link still get a new full 3D game for the 3DS or Wii U? Will we might see a announcement of a full 3D Zelda game for Next year? Nintendo is not giving up Cartoon Link are they?
    Did you miss Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

sky falling, end is near, all is lost
    Must you post rambling overreactions to everything?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Must you post rambling overreactions to everything?
    He misses 2012, a lot.

Link having brown hair bothers me a bit but that's probably because we're so used to seeing him with blond hair. Also wasn't his hair purple in a Link to the Past?

Link can turn into a drawing? Wow, that's weird, but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    He misses 2012, a lot.

Link having brown hair bothers me a bit but that's probably because we're so used to seeing him with blond hair. Also wasn't his hair purple in a Link to the Past?
    Only in the game, in all the official art his hair was brown. May have been a palette limitation.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was an easter egg referencing the pink hair?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Not especially.

-----
    Words to|live by

OMG YES. I was expecting the SS art to be used, and the handheld games to be continuation of the previous entry's world, much like LA/Oo(S/A) and PH/ST are, but hot damn this is better. I love the look, even if its a bit plastic looking. I loved the OW of LttP, and them shaking things up a little is just the amount of changing it needs. Some notes from watching everything:
    -Shield Button looks to be back. I mean the way he raises it for the Stalfo bones is clearly at the press of a button. Growing up with the handheld games, I am ecstatic as hell for this. I absolutely loved the manual use of the shield instead of the automatic, which is also in, and the penalization you would get for not deflecting projectiles properly.
    -No ammo for arrows? Eh, a magic bar for all actions seems cool, but if they add ammo as well, the strategic use of items will be simply stellar, and perhaps the hardest we've had in ages.
    -Its indeed LttP2. But in Japan its out in 2014, so yay for us!
    -That was one dungeon we saw in the video. It looks small, but the door to the side in one room makes me think its gonna be huge. If they manage that early a dungeon to be 13 floors, holy crap at the rest of em. And if they give us the same number of dungeons, or the usual 8, GODS.

One thing though, if this is 2, then does that mean we're playing a game in the gold age, the monarch who uses the triforce? Or is the title hidden, cause they're using the same OW in another timeline? Things are gonna get messy....
    BLAH

Link having brown hair bothers me a bit but that's probably because we're so used to seeing him with blond hair.
    Only Toon Link had blond hair, the rest all had brown hair.

Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Eh, a magic bar for all actions seems cool,
    I am just glad that they are actually bringing back the Magic meter, which hasn't been seen since The Wind Waker.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Link's hair in OoT and Majora's Mask isn't brown. It's dirty blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Only Toon Link had blond hair, the rest all had brown hair.
    Ocarina of time Link is as blond as Toon Link.

I am just glad that they are actually bringing back the Magic meter, which hasn't been seen since The Wind Waker.
    Eh, I'm on the fence about the magic meter. The Spells and other things the magic meter brings are awesome but, at least in Oot(the only game I've played with the meter), it was very hard to keep full without taking up a precious bottle for a magic potion or something. If they can fix that then I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Eh, I'm on the fence about the magic meter. The Spells and other things the magic meter brings are awesome but, at least in Oot(the only game I've played with the meter), it was very hard to keep full without taking up a precious bottle for a magic potion or something. If they can fix that then I'm all for it.
    I never had any issue getting magic bottles from grass and such. They're in abundant supply whenever you're in a situation where you absolutely need to use your magic.

Ocarina of time Link is as blond as Toon Link.

Its a stamina meter, it goes down when the bow and hammer was used.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I never had any issue getting magic bottles from grass and such. They're in abundant supply whenever you're in a situation where you absolutely need to use your magic.
    Problem is, almost all situations where I need to use magic are right in the middle of a dungeon. Apart from the odd Redead, I'd have to walk all the way out to the nearest patch of grass before I can replenish the meter. It's fine between dungeons, but magic sees very little use at all outside dungeons.

It also went down when Link was in drawing form. I'm not sure why that'd be physically exerting, but hey. And he never used a bow in the trailer. Since it automatically replenishes itself it looks to be a stamina meter.

Alternatively, Link has a magic hammer and magic auto-replenishes, but judging by the speed at which it depletes it'll be balanced in a way to avoid spamming magic everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

And he never used a bow in the trailer.
    No, he is seen using a bow. It's towards the end of the trailer, I recall.

Looks like it, plus it slowly refills over time. Good to see Skyward Sword had an impact on the rest of the series. Now is this a good decision, we'll see. Still hoping for a magic meter though.

But who cares about that when you have 5 FULL MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

Link was blond in ALTTP & OOS/A & LA.

Does anyone think it might be time for Toon Link to get another Full 3D game on a Nintendo Console? (Besides WW HD)
    Just think, What do we know of Zelda Wii U so far? Nintendo did say it will be different from the Tech Demo we saw at E3 2011 where it had Adult TP Link fighting one of the TP Bosses in the Temple of Time. And Nintendo were testing Wind Waker's HD compatibilities, and don't you think Adult Link had enough with him staring in two games Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword and needs one break from one new game and we all know that ALTTP Link is out of the question with him staring a new game on the 3DS. What if Nintendo makes a New Toon Link game that is fully HD and has graphics different from Wind Waker where the graphics are less cartoonish and look more like a Pixar Movie like Up & Brave the game will still have the Cat-eye character design but the game & Story will be darker than in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks, Toon Link would be fighting monsters same from Wind Waker but more ferocious and the story will be darker as or than TP with Princess Zelda's Father Assassinated and Zelda suffering a deep depression and Ganondorf become stronger and maybe eventually Demise would return very much alive and stronger than he was in Skyward Sword. If we see Toon Link on Wii U besides Wind Waker HD at E3 2013 his entrance would not be like this but more like This!
    If they were able to make Skyward Sword to use Twilight Princess style with Wind Waker art blend in, then so should be the same thing with Wind Waker art with darker theme & Style.
    After all Toon Link was here to stay for the Zelda series but not in all Platform and Handheld games right? (I'm a huge fan of Toon Link and I want to be assure that Nintendo is not abandoning him) And I think it's time for him to come back on the Home console after Two Handheld console games he had on the DS in a darker and HD theme.
    And Nintendo didn't confirm yet that it was going to have Adult Link in Zelda Wii U yet did they? I know Adult Link can wait till 2015/2016 for his HD game on the Wii U, the Wii U won't go until 2018 or so. so it's possible.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Mother of-- what did we just say?

Does anyone think it might be time for Toon Link to get another Full 3D game on a Nintendo Console? (Besides WW HD)
    No.

Just think, What do we know of Zelda Wii U so far?
    Not a blessed thing, which makes any and all speculation completely baseless at the moment. And yet here we are...

What if Nintendo makes a New Toon Link game that is fully HD and has graphics different from Wind Waker where the graphics are less cartoonish and look more like a Pixar Movie like Up & Brave the game will still have the Cat-eye character design but the game & Story will be darker than in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks, Toon Link would be fighting monsters same from Wind Waker but more ferocious and the story will be darker as or than TP with Princess Zelda's Father Assassinated and Zelda suffering a deep depression and Ganondorf become stronger and maybe eventually Demise would return very much alive and stronger than he was in Skyward Sword.
    What if you realize that these fanfictions you write and try and pass off as posts serve zero purpose, especially right now.

(I'm a huge fan of Toon Link and I want to be assure that Nintendo is not abandoning him)
    Funny how the last time you came in here keening about this - that being yesterday - you were reminded Toon Link's been in any number of games in the last few years.

And I think it's time for him to come back on the Home console after Two Handheld console games he had on the DS in a darker and HD theme.
    That's great, but please stop these long-winded rambling posts of yours that talk a great deal but say absolutely nothing.

And Nintendo didn't confirm yet that it was going to have Adult Link in Zelda Wii U yet did they? I know Adult Link can wait till 2015/2016 for his HD game on the Wii U, the Wii U won't go until 2018 or so. so it's possible.
    We know nothing about the game yet (echo, echo, echo...) again making any statements of this sort pointless right now. And trying to quantify how long a character can "wait" for "his own game" would be pointless in any time period.

Please. Stop these posts. Think.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Please. Stop these posts. Think.
    This is like that other poster in the past, I forget his name. LucarioWolf, maybe? Completely ignores everyone else and just rambles on and on.

Looks like it, plus it slowly refills over time. Good to see Skyward Sword had an impact on the rest of the series. Now is this a good decision, we'll see. Still hoping for a magic meter though.

But who cares about that when you have 5 FULL MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!
    I can't wait to play this at all. A Link to the Past isn't my favourite of the series but this dungeon at least brings back so many memories of classic Zelda gameplay it can't help but put a smile on my face.

The numerous little thowbacks to the original game are nice, too.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Page 226 of 275 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast