182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 228 of 275 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 6860

Thread: Zelda games discussion

I hope they don't bring back Stamina, that's a really annoying and pointless feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm indifferent about it for now.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I wasn't a fan of the stamina bar, but I did enjoy sprinting and running up walls. Honestly, I don't care whether it's included in future games or not.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    (Animals to ride, the ability to jump, and some of PH's touchscreen controls- like tracing out the path of your boomerang, and OOT's lock-on L-taqrgeting mechanism)
    As far as the animals go, they can obviously bring back Epona, and maybe the Crimson Loftwing as well. They should introduce some more, though, like one for traveling across (and maybe through) water if they haven't done so already (IDK if they've done this before, I haven't played very many Zelda games). Maybe a dolphin or something?

For jumping, they should just bring back Roc's Feather and Roc's Cape.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    As far as the animals go, they can obviously bring back Epona, and maybe the Crimson Loftwing as well. They should introduce some more, though, like one for traveling across (and maybe through) water if they haven't done so already (IDK if they've done this before, I haven't played very many Zelda games). Maybe a dolphin or something?
    We've already had two games where you travel through water in boats: The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, so I think Nintendo will be giving that mechanic a bit of a rest, especially with TWW HD coming out later this year. Loftwings I think are quite unlikely to return, since the two overworld system of the Sky and the Ground in Skyward Sword was quite unique and I think little good will come from revisiting it in a later game. But this is a moot point, since all 2D Zeldas are pretty much always navigated by foot, with aid of some sort of warping system.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    We've already had two games where you travel through water in boats: The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, so I think Nintendo will be giving that mechanic a bit of a rest, especially with TWW HD coming out later this year.
    I don't think any of those boats could travel underwater, though. That'd be pretty neat if that ever happens (or has happened).

Loftwings I think are quite unlikely to return, since the two overworld system of the Sky and the Ground in Skyward Sword was quite unique and I think little good will come from revisiting it in a later game.
    Loftwings were only used in the Skyloft, correct? What if you could use them in any area to explore the skies?

But this is a moot point, since all 2D Zeldas are pretty much always navigated by foot, with aid of some sort of warping system.
    This is a good point, I'm forgetting this is a 2D game we're talking about here. Maybe for Zelda Wii U, then.

But with that in mind, I think there's a very good chance of items like Roc's Feather and Roc's Cape making a return. The latter would make especially good use of 3D, imagine if you're using it and Link pops straight at you as he jumps up.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 3rd May 2013 at 5:10 PM.

I don't think any of those boats could travel underwater, though. That'd be pretty neat if that ever happens (or has happened).
    So turn a large amount of the game into the Water Temple?
    I would like being able to explore the Great Sea though. If Hyrule is flooded then surely most of the structures and such will still exist.

Loftwings were only used in the Skyloft, correct? What if you could use them in any area to explore the skies?
    They didn't do that in SS because the overworld was one long exploration/combat section and we had the bird statues anyway but I'd love this in any other Zelda. My only worry is how they'll make the sky interesting unless they limit flying to a few select sections of the overworld.

Of course, why not both. Have us ride a seabird allowing us to explore land, sky and sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

The closest thing to this in the series has been when you travel underwater to the Ocean Temple in your train in Spirit Tracks. It was pretty much just ordinary train travel, just in an underwater setting. Apart from that I'm unsure as to the real benefits of having an underwater-based overworld... just sounds similar to the Sky, really.

I think if any improvements need to be made to the Sky, it's implementing proper locations to explore instead of just a few floating rocks and only about three islands which serve an actual purpose.

But with that in mind, I think there's a very good chance of items like Roc's Feather and Roc's Cape making a return. The latter would make especially good use of 3D, imagine if you're using it and Link pops straight at you as he jumps up.
    I really hope so, seeing as how underwhelming and especially pointless the 3D effect is in the game, judging from the trailer, anyway.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I really hope so, seeing as how underwhelming and especially pointless the 3D effect is in the game, judging from the trailer, anyway.
    The 3D effect is 'pointless' in almost all 3DS games. Of the top of my head, only Super Mario 3D Land(3d platforming is much easier with 3D on) and I suppose Kid Icarus: Uprising(to judge the distance of shots and so when to dodge) actually have a gameplay-related advantage when the slider is up.
    I do expect that they'll some puzzles that can only solved with 3d though, or at least the designers won't be afraid to incorporate it. In the end, it's too early to make a judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Short trailers are always the best way to fully judge how an inherent visual mechanic will be used in a game.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Especially ones you can watch on your system. The 3D on the system is a gimmick, we all know that but when it works, it works very well. I've been watching Let's Plays recently and Roc's Feather in action looks so wonky. Now if you guys haven't seen the trailer or are denying the 3D, go to the eShop on the 3DS, download the trailer, and watch it with the 3D cranked up to the max.

Link changing floors with the hammer and those pads with the 3D feels so exhilarating!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Especially ones you can watch on your system. The 3D on the system is a gimmick, we all know that but when it works, it works very well. I've been watching Let's Plays recently and Roc's Feather in action looks so wonky. Now if you guys haven't seen the trailer or are denying the 3D, go to the eShop on the 3DS, download the trailer, and watch it with the 3D cranked up to the max.

Link changing floors with the hammer and those pads with the 3D feels so exhilarating!
    I downloaded the video as soon as it was announced on the eShop, and it definitely looked amazing. It'll be hard playing the game without the 3D effects when the time comes around (the 3D gives me wicked headaches).
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

What about people who can't see well out of one eye?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    What about people who can't see well out of one eye?
    That was a bad joke and you know it! Now cut it out and have your doctor prescribe you some glasses.

That was a bad joke and you know it! Now cut it out and have your doctor prescribe you some glasses.
    What joke? I know people who don't have good vision in one eye and can't see the 3d.

But how could that be a joke? a-Am I being dense?

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    What joke? I know people who don't have good vision in one eye and can't see the 3d.

But how could that be a joke? a-Am I being dense?
    I thought you were kidding around...

No less was is really necessary to bring that up?

I thought you were kidding around...

No less was is really necessary to bring that up?
    Well, you guys were discusing how 3d would be important.

The ability to turn flat like a piece of paper to get over narrow paths seems cool.
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

In Spirit Tracks, you could travel underwater, but that was pretty much a one time thing. I don't see why we would even need another method of transportation just to explore underwater regions. That's what the swimming mechanic is for.

Actually, Loftwings were used all across the Sky, not just Skyloft. They could even travel inside of the Thunderhead. So technically they already can explore any area of the Sky. The problem is, there's nothing to explore in the Sky, lol.
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    In Spirit Tracks, you could travel underwater, but that was pretty much a one time thing. I don't see why we would even need another method of transportation just to explore underwater regions. That's what the swimming mechanic is for.
    Swimming is kind of slow and limited in the 3D games (or at least in Ocarina of Time), I'm thinking something that allows for quicker underwater travel. Like how Epona allows you to travel much faster than you can on foot.

Swimming is kind of slow and limited in the 3D games (or at least in Ocarina of Time), I'm thinking something that allows for quicker underwater travel. Like how Epona allows you to travel much faster than you can on foot.
    You mean something along the lines of Majora's Mask's Zora Link speed?

I've always been quite partial to the Zora Mask's underwater speed and maneuverability, but as a whole there weren't that many places to take advantage of it in the game. Just the respective dungeon and area around it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So you want the Zora mask?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

You mean something similar to Dimitri?

Maybe a shark or some other aquatic animal.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    You mean something similar to Dimitri?

Maybe a shark or some other aquatic animal.
    Dimitri wasn't really that different from any boat. He just swam on the surface. The mermaid suit was where Oracle of Ages' underwater maneuverability was at.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The swimming mechanic in Skyward Sword allowed Link to do an underwater spin, thus propelling him forward at a much faster pace. Most methods of transportation hold some sort of significance: Epona is Link's trusty steed, the King of the Red Lions was secretly the King of Hyrule, the S.S. Linebeck is Linebeck's own ship, the Loftwing was Skyloft's symbolic animal, and the Spirit Train is an ancient train believed to be used by the Spirits of Good. So unless this underwater mechanism holds some sort of rational significance, I believe we'll be stuck with swimming for the time being.
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

Page 228 of 275 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast