180 25.79%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.83%
  • Others

222 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 105 of 272 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6799

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Yes because going around swordless in the Forsaken Fortress is the best thing ever. Oh wait thats the first 30 mins, have fun rescuing Tetra from where she landed.

Anyways I read the SS spoilers and the best news I caught that isn't a spoiler is that the game has a Hard Mode! Hell yeah guys, they finally added a harder mode for the ones looking for a challenge.
    Well apparently you are not going to like the Silent Realm or the part where the Bokoblins take all of your weapons in SS.

I'm guessing it'll be a poor excuse for a hard mode.
    Hopefully it's at least as hard as Master Quest.

Must...resist...reading...spoilers

Looks like I need to stay away from this thread now.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

So... no Volvagia then?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Twinrova is the best boss of OoT IMO, but it's still meh. As I said, the best OoT boss fight is worse than the worst TP boss fight
    TP's bosses were alright, Majora's Mask probably had the best bosses.

Odolwa was a first boss that could kick your ass, even if you knew what to expect and Goht, while not hard per say, was fun. Twinmold was pretty cheap with the Giant's Mask tho...

And Gyorg, oh god... The sheer feeling of terror when you miss your dolphin jump to the platform and you waste precious seconds as it closes in on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    So... no Volvagia then?

Odolwa was a first boss that could kick your ass, even if you knew what to expect and Goht, while not hard per say, was fun. Twinmold was pretty cheap with the Giant's Mask tho...

And Gyorg, oh god... The sheer feeling of terror when you miss your dolphin jump to the platform and you waste precious seconds as it closes in on you.

MM's bosses were pretty bad honestly, after fighting them for the first time you never really want to go back and beat them up again even if MM was the one that had that feature first.

Odolwa was annoying since the Kokori Sword is so damn weak but the other bosses are a piece of cake if you are a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    MM's bosses were pretty bad honestly, after fighting them for the first time you never really want to go back and beat them up again even if MM was the one that had that feature first.

Odolwa was annoying since the Kokori Sword is so damn weak but the other bosses are a piece of cake if you are a decent player.
    That's a matter of opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed the bosses and found them to be harder than bosses seen in Oot and TP. And the "decent player" thing is just a low blow.

So... no Volvagia then?

How is that any more fun than riding a fish, grinding and jumping from one side to another, and acting like tarzan to jump on top of a dragon?

So... no Volvagia then?

Goht was fun the first time and after that, I dreaded every time I had to go back and defeat him again. Gyorg was impossible the first time I ever played the game but that was only because for some reason when I was younger, I couldn't get the hang of swimming with the Zora. If you can do that it's easy.

That's a matter of opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed the bosses and found them to be harder than bosses seen in Oot and TP. And the "decent player" thing is just a low blow.
    lol No offense meant but being a decent player means you know the tricks to beat the bosses.

For Odolwa, use your arrows to stun him and then beat him.

Goht you just chase down and kill, one of the weakest boss in the whole Zelda Series due to how easy he is compared to others IMO.

Gyrog is annoying because arrows don't damage him but stunning him works out. Dive in with Electro Barrier and Jump out, rinse and repeat to end the battle.

Twinmold, lol not much of a challenge unless you forgot to get some magic from the pillars or take too long to kill him and are left with no magic.

Focus on one of the twins or just drink some Chateau Romani/green potions and let loose with the giant's mask/light arrows. They never attack the middle platform you are in if you are tiny.

Majora's Mask.... Reflect and kill it with it's own heat beam, maybe light arrow down the masks if they bug you too much. Spin attack makes the Mask's little sawing move useless.

Incarnate, the Majora form thats on crack. Just wait for the laser ball attack and light arrow it, or follow Tatl's advice and wear your Goron's mask to chase him down lol.

Wrath, actually pretty challenging for the first time when you fight it. Use the Great Fairy Sword to deal greater damage after stunning it with light arrows. A bonus with the Great Fairy Sword is that the shielding actually works with it so Majora's whips don't hurt you.

A fun thing to do is predict where Wrath will land if you throw a bomb, then throw it there and throw another one so when Wrath jumps he lands on the exploding bomb. It only worked for me one time but it was hilarious.

Of course you could just ignore everything and go Fierce Deity Mask to curbstomp every Boss.

How is that any more fun than riding a fish, grinding and jumping from one side to another, and acting like tarzan to jump on top of a dragon?
    Fair enough for the Stallord battle, that one was prolly the best (the most fun anyways), but I honestly don't see how clinging to a fish is even comparably fun to chasing down a giant mechanical bull that releases lightning, bombs, rocks and stalactites at you while keeping up your magic meter.

Argorok was alright, it was a decent idea for the battle.

Goht you just chase down and kill, one of the weakest boss in the whole Zelda Series due to how easy he is compared to others IMO.
    You make it seem so straigt forward, disregarding the bombs that'll stop you when you close in, the stalactites that fall right in your way and the lightning that you get after failing to catch up fast enough. Easy by MM standards, but there are a ton of easier bosses in the series as a whole.

Hardest thing ever in the series for me...wasn't a boss. It took me almost a week to figure out and still haunts me in my nightmares.

I'm a big completionist, so when I find a new area I won't leave until I complete everything possible at that point of time in that area.

That being said, in TP, my first journey up Death Mountain...
    The Goron beats the crap out of me because I don't have Iron Boots, as it's supposed to. But being me, I figure there has to be a way to beat the Goron and I wouldn't leave. For a week I tried different things. Imagine to my surprise when I found out all I had to do was give up and leave and Renado would tell me the secret.

I'm not going to read the post about beating bosses.....I like to figure that stuff out on my own...
    Anyways I read the SS spoilers and the best news I caught that isn't a spoiler is that the game has a Hard Mode! Hell yeah guys, they finally added a harder mode for the ones looking for a challenge.
    Isn't that called master quest?
    Hardest thing ever in the series for me...wasn't a boss. It took me almost a week to figure out and still haunts me in my nightmares.
    Puzzles are always the hardest parts.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Haha, same about the goron part.

Actually, the most difficult moment in zelda for me was that one puzzle where you had to transfer a crest on to your map in PH. I had to look upba guide for it, even though it had such a simple solution.

Haha, same about the goron part.

Actually, the most difficult moment in zelda for me was that one puzzle where you had to transfer a crest on to your map in PH. I had to look upba guide for it, even though it had such a simple solution.
    UGH Phantom Hourglass, I couldn't draw the hourglass on that door. Well I could but it kept saying time after time it was wrong and I still say I was doing it perfectly.

npt sure if you guys knew this but.....theres apparently a zelda game in the making for the 3ds ,it says legend of zelda(working title) here: just gp down and find it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809
    IGN: Magnicth

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You check your mail, and you have a letter from that neighbor, with a gift. And you know what it is? It's a ****ing apple, because they aren't native to your town, but you already have apple a bunch of apples!
    I have claimed Relicanth!!!

^credit to PKMNrookie for the userbar!^

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOverlord777 View Post
    npt sure if you guys knew this but.....theres apparently a zelda game in the making for the 3ds ,it says legend of zelda(working title) here: just gp down and find it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
    Already know that and this is a more reliable source.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Electivire Addict...may I ask who died and made you the thread's owner?

Although I see what you are saying, and many of the TP bosses were plenty epic, to me they were just sooooooo easy that I couldn't respect them as bosses. I can beat Diabalba, The Balrog Knock-off (can't remember his name), Morpheel, and Argorok without getting hit once. Zant has some neat tricks as a boss, the Snowpeak boss had the advantage of making you fight on the ice, which could trip you up if you weren't careful (pun completely intended), Stallord was actually pretty tough, and Ganondorf could beat you just because of a war of attrition, but honestly, none of them were truly hard like some of the MM and later OoT bosses were, at least for me.

Some of the MM bosses were hard as heck, but there were entirely unremarkable as far as their asthetics go. I really didn't feel like they had any purpose in the game other then to just be there as a boss. They felt really out of place.

That being said, Gyorg is the only boss that I still have to really struggle to beat, to this day. That over-sized guppy is absolutely brutal!
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    Although I see what you are saying, and many of the TP bosses were plenty epic, to me they were just sooooooo easy that I couldn't respect them as bosses. I can beat Diabalba, The Balrog Knock-off (can't remember his name), Morpheel, and Argorok without getting hit once. Zant has some neat tricks as a boss, the Snowpeak boss had the advantage of making you fight on the ice, which could trip you up if you weren't careful (pun completely intended), Stallord was actually pretty tough, and Ganondorf could beat you just because of a war of attrition, but honestly, none of them were truly hard like some of the MM and later OoT bosses were, at least for me.
    Difficulty is overrated IMO. To me it doesn't matter how easy or hard a boss is as long as its fun. I'd rather face an easy boss that's fun to beat, than a frustrating as hell boss

To me it doesn't matter how easy or hard a boss is as long as its fun. I'd rather face an easy boss that's fun to beat, than a frustrating as hell boss
    I would agree with this, actually. Armogohma wasn't a particularly difficult battle nor a particularly original one - raise your hand if you've ever fired a projectile at the single eye of a giant arachnid hanging above you - but it was fun because you got to squish the giant spider with giant stone fists.

That's fun - it's almost as if you're duking it out with the boss on even grounds rather than having to find its tiny weak point and hit it with a blade or an arrow.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

....But what if it's fun to beat, difficult, and not frustrating? That's what I prefer, though those are kind of rare.

Actually, that's how I'd describe a couple of the minibosses, like the iron knuckle.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 10th November 2011 at 8:16 AM.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Iron Knuckles are punishing, but not particularly difficult. Their slow movement speed makes them pretty easy to dodge/hit, even when their armor falls off. ESPECIALLY when their armor falls off as they can then be flinched by your attacks.
    Last edited by Electivirus; 10th November 2011 at 11:13 AM.

Iron Knuckles are punishing, but not particularly difficult. Their slow movement speed makes them pretty easy to dodge/hit, even when their armor falls off. ESPECIALLY when their armor falls off as they can then be flinched by your attacks.
    Well, they are easy once you get the hang of it, but in the first two fights they are a bit difficult.

Mostly since I always like to figure out how to beat enemies by myself, even after I figured out Navi could tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I would agree with this, actually. Armogohma wasn't a particularly difficult battle nor a particularly original one - raise your hand if you've ever fired a projectile at the single eye of a giant arachnid hanging above you - but it was fun because you got to squish the giant spider with giant stone fists.

That's fun - it's almost as if you're duking it out with the boss on even grounds rather than having to find its tiny weak point and hit it with a blade or an arrow.
    Eh, guess it depends. Difficulty > everything else to me. Well actually the most important thing to me is the bosses being well thought out and designed and that includes but not limited to, being at least a degree of difficult. As the person playing the game, yes the game is meant to be fun but do you honestly think Link is having FUN fighting these things? In a way more realistic for it not to be fun.
    But I completely agree with the last part, about fighting on even grounds. That does it make it more epic.
    Last edited by XX-Saber Mark; 10th November 2011 at 12:19 PM.

As the person playing the game, yes the game is meant to be fun but do you honestly think Link is having FUN fighting these things?
    Of course not, it's impossible for animated images to have any emotions.

Actually, I think I fall under the group of people that want the fights to be "cool". I like to fight Lizaflos and Dinoflos without using my shield, just so I have to jump to avoid attacks, and enjoyed morpho mostly because that was my closest battle.

Anyway, just beat OoT master quest. Gannon's castle disappointed me again, it seemed easier then the first time.

Page 105 of 272 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast