182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 107 of 275 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6865

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    Anyways, what do you guys think of the Mogma's in skyward sword? Do you think they're pretty much gorons?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Wait what the hell? Why are Gorons called something different.

Also for a game called "Skyward Sword", how come there's no such sword called "The Skyward Sword"?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post

Also for a game called "Skyward Sword", how come there's no such sword called "The Skyward Sword"?
    I think there is a skyward sword in the game that sort of acts as a master sword. And yes, these things called mogmas look like gorons.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Well fuck, the Christmas season and my birthday are around the corner!

copies and pastes into the Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 threads
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Well ****, the Christmas season and my birthday are around the corner!
    Same here :/ Actually, I don't really know what I want. I mean, Skyward Sword was on the list, but now since it is absolutely horrid according to the ign review, I don't know what to do!

But seriously, isn't there an actual skyward sword in the game?

Credit to iPokemon

But seriously, isn't there an actual skyward sword in the game?
    There's the Goddess Sword which is the sword Fi exists within. There's almost certainly a premilinary sword before you pull the Goddess Sword from it's pedestal(like the Hero's Sword in Wind Waker). I've also seen some artwork where the hilt of Link's sword has the royal blue color of the Master sword rather than the lighter turqoise color of the Goddess sword, so we can assume that we'll eventually use it.
    So to answer you're question, no. If you hold you sword to the sky you collect a power called Skyward, which you can use for a Skyward Strike but there is no actual "Skyward Sword" from what we've seen so far.

When are the various release dates for Skyward Sword? I'd like to know when I can be jealous of the Japanese for getting it early and when I can mock those that get it after Britain.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 11th November 2011 at 9:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Gorons are still gorons.

Mogmas are totally different.

Judging from IGN's video review, Skyward Sword may be my favourite game ever.

Except their video description called Zelda an RPG

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Well fuck, the Christmas season and my birthday are around the corner!

copies and pastes into the Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 threads
    Same here :/ Actually, I don't really know what I want. I mean, Skyward Sword was on the list, but now since it is absolutely horrid according to the ign review, I don't know what to do!
    Mine's January 9th, the same as a certain Irish boy genius. I love it, it means whatever I don't get for Christmas, I just ask for again for my birthday!

And @Electivire Addict, my dream is to become the Chief Executive Officer at Nintendo of America, just to make sure we get games a week ahead of the UK to smack it in the face of you snooty British Folk and your weird outlets nyah!
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

The same reason why the games are called the Legend of Zelda despite being more about Link in pretty much every Zelda game.

And yes, I am ignoring the fact that the first Zelda game was called THE HYRULE FANTASY - The Legend of Zelda in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    There's the Goddess Sword which is the sword Fi exists within. There's almost certainly a premilinary sword before you pull the Goddess Sword from it's pedestal(like the Hero's Sword in Wind Waker). I've also seen some artwork where the hilt of Link's sword has the royal blue color of the Master sword rather than the lighter turqoise color of the Goddess sword, so we can assume that we'll eventually use it.
    So to answer you're question, no. If you hold you sword to the sky you collect a power called Skyward, which you can use for a Skyward Strike but there is no actual "Skyward Sword" from what we've seen so far.

When are the various release dates for Skyward Sword? I'd like to know when I can be jealous of the Japanese for getting it early and when I can mock those that get it after Britain.
    Okay "Goddess Sword" but the skyward strike is probably one of the reasons why the game is called skyward sword.

I think the U.S. is november 19th and the U.K is the following day.

Credit to iPokemon

EU November 18, 2011
    NA November 20, 2011
    JP November 23, 2011
    AU November 24, 2011

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    EU November 18, 2011
    NA November 20, 2011
    JP November 23, 2011
    AU November 24, 2011
    Wow usually its Japan first and NA next followed by EU and AU later on.

Wasn't Nintendo going to release the game on the same date for all the countries? Wonder what happened to that plan. Also why bother making it a 2 day wait here in the US and 5 day wait for Japan.

Still I'm glad for those that live in the EU, they usually get the short end of the stick for release dates. Then again it might simply be the fact that there are more active Wii consoles in the EU region or more Pre-orders there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Wow usually its Japan first and NA next followed by EU and AU later on.

Wasn't Nintendo going to release the game on the same date for all the countries? Wonder what happened to that plan. Also why bother making it a 2 day wait here in the US and 5 day wait for Japan.

Still I'm glad for those that live in the EU, they usually get the short end of the stick for release dates. Then again it might simply be the fact that there are more active Wii consoles in the EU region or more Pre-orders there.
    Consider that all of these are in different time zones so they are released very close to one another, even though it looks like they are released farther apart.

Credit to iPokemon

Consider that all of these are in different time zones so they are released very close to one another, even though it looks like they are released farther apart.
    Not necessarily. There's a maximum of a twelve hour difference, so it's still far enough. In fact, the difference could be larger than it looks.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Wasn't Nintendo going to release the game on the same date for all the countries?
    Nothing ever said this, particularly since it would be impractical. Games and other media release on different days of the week in different regions. Simple as that. This is as close to a simultaneous worldwide release as is feasible.

Consider that all of these are in different time zones so they are released very close to one another.
    International time zones don't account for differences of two days and more. Again, nothing, anywhere, ever said "same day worldwide", because again, that's not really doable. Again, this is as close to a simultaneous worldwide release as is feasible.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Well when its the 22nd of November at around evening time East Coast here in the US. Japan will have SS out and people playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    EU November 18, 2011
    NA November 20, 2011
    JP November 23, 2011
    AU November 24, 2011
    The EU gets the game first...
    /almost falls of chair
    I'm lost for words.

Well when its the 22nd of November at around evening time East Coast here in the US. Japan will have SS out and people playing it.
    That still doesn't make any difference to release order. Assuming a midnight release in JP and assuming I have my time zones right, they'll have the game by 9am on Nov. 22nd EST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    The EU gets the game first...
    /almost falls of chair
    I'm lost for words.
    Yep Nintendo have been really nice to the EU lately.

I can't wait to get this game although I don't really know if I will get the chance to play it.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The only reason the EU has been getting games early is because Nintendo are releasing games across a single week across all regions. Nintendo releases have always been on a Friday in Europe and a Sunday in America, which is why they're earlier in Europe (Just like Black and White).

Besides, it's only two days, not a month like some recent games (Kirby Wii, I'm looking at you).

I wish we'd get a game on Fridays though. It's a much better day to buy a video game

I wish we'd get a game on Fridays though. It's a much better day to buy a video game
    ^ Completely agree. It'd allow for more play time.

Credit to iPokemon

i want skyward sword why cant it come out on friday like eu
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    i want skyward sword why cant it come out on friday like eu
    Because your games come out on Sundays. Be thankful you're not getting it a month or more later, like we have to put up with with Kirby Mass Attack and Kirby Wii.

Such a tragedy that is.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Page 107 of 275 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast