171 25.30%
  • Wind Waker

171 25.30%
  • Ocarina of Time

287 42.46%
  • Others

213 31.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 163 of 264 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 6577

Thread: Zelda games discussion

100% but I don't usually play for much each day, how many hours will it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    100% but I don't usually play for much each day, how many hours will it take?
    About 100 hours.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Awesome. I'm looking forward to playing it

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    About 100 hours.
    Stop.

Doing the game at 100%, if you're not absolutely awful, will take you between 50-60 hours, give or take a few in either direction.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Stop.

Doing the game at 100%, if you're not absolutely awful, will take you between 50-60 hours, give or take a few in either direction.
    If he goes true 100% that includes Hero mode.
    Thus, 80-100 hours

100 hours is definitely nowhere near the case. It took me 54 to 100% it, That was about 70/30 split of doing it myself and using a guide.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Who includes Hero Mode in those calculations?

Communists and anarchists, that's who.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

You don't get anything extra in Hero mode, you experience all the same things. So you're really not completing the game any more than you did before.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You don't get anything extra in Hero mode, you experience all the same things. So you're really not completing the game any more than you did before.
    But you get an extra battle in boss rush and a ~triforce symbol~ on your file

totally worth

I will try to do everything including hero mode and without a guide, I think it may take up to 80 hours

Well, if you play like I did, which was explore every inch of the world almost and wonder randomly before going to the next part of the story normal mode could take around 70 hours.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Took me a little over 30 hours for the first playthrough.

I imagine Hero Mode will probably be lower, in spite of the higher difficulty.

I will try to do everything including hero mode and without a guide, I think it may take up to 80 hours
    Here is some advice if you want to 100% SS including Hero mode. Skip upgrading most of your gear and skip most of the Goddess cubes and heart pieces. All the bugs and materials you have saved up will be transferred to your Hero mode and from there you can make life easier for yourself as long as you have the money to upgrade your gear.

My list of skippable upgrades:

Scattershot, no point really as it just give a shotgun shot that you barely use.
    Wooden Shield level 3, no point in going beyond level 2. Waste of resources.
    Iron Shield level 2 and 3, same as above.
    Sacred Bow aka level 3 , no point in getting this till hero mode.
    If you plan on getting the Hylian shield then skip upgrading the Sacred shield as well.

Of course this skip guide is for normal mode only and is designed to make you go through the plot faster instead of searching for stuff like the heart pieces.

Oh and a big thing is to skip the sidequests. That eats a chunk of time away from your adventure.

This is just my opinion on how to make the game shorter for you and 100% it at the same time. Its your Zelda experience, you decide how it goes.

Oh and a big thing is to skip the sidequests. That eats a chunk of time away from your adventure.

This is just my opinion on how to make the game shorter for you and 100% it at the same time. Its your Zelda experience, you decide how it goes.
    100% a game implies doing the sidequests.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Took me a little over 30 hours for the first playthrough.

I imagine Hero Mode will probably be lower, in spite of the higher difficulty.
    Did you not collect everything? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Here is some advice if you want to 100% SS including Hero mode. Skip upgrading most of your gear and skip most of the Goddess cubes and heart pieces. All the bugs and materials you have saved up will be transferred to your Hero mode and from there you can make life easier for yourself as long as you have the money to upgrade your gear.
    It's easy to upgrade all the gear, with the exception of a few items you should get everything you need playing through the game normally.

But, as woot21 said, you haven't 100%'ed the game if you skip parts.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 10th January 2012 at 3:59 PM.

Did you not collect everything? O_o

It's easy to upgrade all the gear, with the exception of a few items you should get everything you need playing through the game normally.

But, as Rakurai said, you haven't 100%'ed the game if you skip parts.
    Think you mean woot man lol.

Anyways I meant that you should skip the sidequests in the normal mode and finish all of them in Hero mode. Thats what I'm doing currently as I didn't finish a ton of sidequests like the Gratitude crystals in norm.

That works too, but it may be simpler to do them all in the easier, normal mode.

That works too, but it may be simpler to do them all in the easier, normal mode.
    But you want to be all powerful in Hero mode. Why do sidequests twice when you can make them count in the harder mode?

All the rewards the sidequests give aren't all that necessary in the norm mode but you can use them in Hero mode.

Just doesn't feel right to me to finish a Zelda game without collecting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Besides that , Finally got Skyward Sword or the Legend of Groose done today. Have to say that final fight was the best final fight I ever seen. Though it does technically mean that Majora's Mask is the only 3D game that don't have Gannon as a final boss. That is because of how Gannon is actually in exsistence since of the Demise's curse.
    What?

You fight Demise, how does that mean Ganon is the final boss? Just because he curses you to be plagued by Ganon doesn't mean that the final boss is Ganon. Ganon doesn't even come into existence until you kill Demise anyway.

One thing I was actually wondering about the curse is if Ganon is the sole being of Demise's hatred, or if it can apply to other villains, like Vaati. Demise says that Link and Zelda's descendants will be plagued by a being of his hatred, but that mught just mean every time there's a 'new' Link and Zelda, an evil being born of his hatred will pursue them.

I have never owned a Zelda game before but soon I will get Skyward Sword, it has been difficult not looking at spoilers. How long does it take to complete everything?
    I would suggest that you play another Zelda game before SS. Some of the best things about SS are the back story and how different it is from other games. Ocarina of Time would be good to play before it.

I'm currently at about forty hours into it. I'm in the Sky Keep now, about to get the last Tiforce piece.

Just doesn't feel right to me to finish a Zelda game without collecting everything.
    Makes sense but when I found out that WW had a 2nd quest I just skipped whatever sidequest I came across and finished the main quest so I can go on to the 2nd quest. From there I finished all the sidequests and everything I possibly could with the exception of the figurines.

Same with SS, just do the basics to get to the end and focus on everything where it really counts. Having every single upgrade, heart, Goddess Cube and everything else in Hero mode means you have really finished the game 100%.

Getting everything in norm mode but skipping stuff in Hero mode just sounds weird to me. You could collect everything again in Hero mode and have a norm and Hero mode file 100% complete but I would rather save time and just do it in Hero mode instead of both modes.

I'm never going to play Hero Mode, don't see the point in it myself, so that's why I've collected everything in normal.

thats what im doing didt realy do sidequest stuff in normal but in hero mode im going to 100% it
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Until about the 5th dungeon, I had been doing everything. After that, I realized just how close I was to beating the game, so I pushed and beat it as soon as possible. On hero mode now, I'm working on getting the 100% clear. I've already beaten Demise on it.

Speaking of which, I found Demise to be one of the most entertaining fights in the series. It was just such an amazing scene.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I found Demise to be incredibly annoying myself.

Page 163 of 264 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast