View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
702. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

    173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

    292 41.60%
  • Others

    223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 172 of 275 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 6865

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #4276
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I have to agree with you there. Getting stuck and finally figuring how to beat a puzzle/enemy after trying out every possibility are my favourite parts of Zelda games. I actually look forward to getting stuck just so I can feel that wave of revelation 10ish minutes later.
    Knowing where to go and solving a puzzle are two different things. Besides that, I get enjoyment from just playing the game, not wasting my time getting nowhere.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #4277
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    I concur, but don't you just love that feeling / sense of pride when you finally figure something out? Excercising your mind and obtaining the reward is definetly the funnest thing about Zelda, In SS I found they decreased the amount of puzzled and added more mechanisms that you needed to be aware of to advance forward.Like the trap door ropes and the water plants magma flow maze in the Sky Keep.

  3. #4278
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    I concur, but don't you just love that feeling / sense of pride when you finally figure something out? Excercising your mind and obtaining the reward is definetly the funnest thing about Zelda, In SS I found they decreased the amount of puzzled and added more mechanisms that you needed to be aware of to advance forward.Like the trap door ropes and the water plants magma flow maze in the Sky Keep.
    I totally understand that feeling, and there are some games that I prefer to figure out myself. With Zelda though I'm just along for the adventure and watching how the game plays out. I just don't typically play video games to challenge myself, I play video games as a way of relaxation. If I wanted to challenge myself I'd go practice my math or something.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #4279
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Wind Waker used to be my favorite
    I take back everything I ever said we're not friends we never have been friends we will not be friends.

  5. #4280
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I take back everything I ever said we're not friends we never have been friends we will not be friends.
    Wind Waker never was my favorite. It's only just above MM, which is only just above the CD-i games.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  6. #4281
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ISS
    Posts
    819

    Default

    In Skyward Sword I am up to the Fire Sanctuary but I am kind of stuck and don't know which way to go

  7. #4282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    304

    Default

    What's the problem?

    I also know there's a bottle in this dungeon if you know where to look.

  8. #4283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    In Skyward Sword I am up to the Fire Sanctuary but I am kind of stuck and don't know which way to go
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=1730

    Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    I also know there's a bottle in this dungeon if you know where to look.
    Bottles be all over the place. They can be gained as random items across the game world - you can gain enough to fill your entire adventure pouch if you take enough time.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #4284
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OFWGKTADGAF
    Posts
    8,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I take back everything I ever said we're not friends we never have been friends we will not be friends.
    What about fhqwhgads then?

    I would ask about myself, but since I'm not from Libertyland, I can't really expect friendship from such a free human-being.

  10. #4285
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Wind Waker never was my favorite. It's only just above MM, which is only just above the CD-i games.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Ouch, what an insult. What don't you like about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Bottles be all over the place. They can be gained as random items across the game world - you can gain enough to fill your entire adventure pouch if you take enough time.
    I thought there were only five.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #4286
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I take back everything I ever said we're not friends we never have been friends we will not be friends.
    Hush, boy.

  12. #4287
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Ouch, what an insult. What don't you like about it?
    Other than slow pacing, made even worse by the sailing? The repetitive fetch quest that were added just to lengthen the game, the fact that there are only 7 real dungeons, I can't 100% it without the GBA-GCN connection cable, the graphics (joking), the fact that the story is based more on coincidence than any other Zelda game, and the fact that the Korkis and Zora evolved that much that quickly (evolution doesn't work that way).

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  13. #4288
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Other than slow pacing, made even worse by the sailing? The repetitive fetch quest that were added just to lengthen the game, the fact that there are only 7 real dungeons, I can't 100% it without the GBA-GCN connection cable, the graphics (joking), the fact that the story is based more on coincidence than any other Zelda game, and the fact that the Korkis and Zora evolved that much that quickly (evolution doesn't work that way).

    woot21 out dawgs
    I understand everything except your issue with evolution. We don't even know how many years have passed. It could be thousands for all we know, and of course, could just be magic.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #4289
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Why dont you take a look at Zelda dungeons walkthrough if your stuck. The bottle is at a goddess cube. Or its in a chest. Just use the walkthrough they're are two routes for you to take

  15. #4290
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I understand everything except your issue with evolution. We don't even know how many years have passed. It could be thousands for all we know, and of course, could just be magic.
    Come on now, we all know that in the Nintendo universe evolution means a thing becomes bigger and stronger. Besides, it would have had to be millions of years (which means there is no way for the legend to still even be that accurate (as Fi likes to point out) (and why haven't the Hylians evolved?)) for the Zoras to become the Ritos, going by real evolution, where as the Korkis and magic is acceptable, do to the Great Deku Tree, not with the Zoras (since they showed no inclination to magic). Also, it was a tiny nitpick, that was mainly a joke. And I just thought of another thing that bugs me with the plot, Link just leaving at the end. Why not bring his sister and grandma with him?

    As for Electivirus, and this comment
    Wasn't very impressed with the music, either. This might be blasphemy to say, but (until Skyward Sword) I've never been much of a fan of Zelda music. Focuses a tad too much on ambiance/mood-setting for my liking, especially for dungeons.
    I think you might be missing the point of music in a video game.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Last edited by woot21; 9th February 2012 at 7:25 PM.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  16. #4291
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    and the fact that the Korkis and Zora evolved that much that quickly (evolution doesn't work that way).
    This is Nintendo logic we're talking about.

    And it's been suggested that the goddesses morphed the Zoras into the Rito so that the Zoras (being aquatic) wouldn't be able to find the old Hyrule at the bottom of the sea.

    As for the Korok, they didn't evolve from the Kokiri. The Kokiri are just spirits that take the form of children. The Deku Tree even said that when Hyrule was flooded, they took a different form (the Koroks)

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    And I just thought of another thing that bugs me with the plot, Link just leaving at the end. Why not bring his sister and grandma with him?
    I've always thought that was odd too. "We're going to a new Hyrule, but you can't come along!" I always just assumed they thought it was too dangerous to bring everyone, so once Link and the pirates found a new land, they came back and brought everyone there. Or maybe not; the Links do have a tendency to just leave at the end of the game.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  17. #4292
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    I never really liked Wind Waker I just liked the story and thats it.

    Why dont you like Majora's mask?

    I think I like Twilight princess a bit better than SS though. Only for the fact they have a snow mountain , I cant tell which was better snowboarding or going nuts on the Carts in the Shipyard
    Actually in all seriousness I think its more or less I had more puzzles in TP and I loved going wolf XD.

    Getting Bugs in TP were more difficult since you had to search more though. Less rupees too
    Last edited by arceus7; 9th February 2012 at 8:20 PM.

  18. #4293
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Also, it was a tiny nitpick, that was mainly a joke.
    Ah, it's something that a lot of Zelda fans would probably pick out, so I missed the joking tone.

    And I just thought of another thing that bugs me with the plot, Link just leaving at the end. Why not bring his sister and grandma with him?
    Maybe he wanted them to stay safe? Not like their world is ending or anything. Link is just going out for more adventure.

    As for Electivirus, and this comment I think you might be missing the point of music in a video game.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I wouldn't even call Wind Waker's music ambient, I feel it's quite upfront. It's very noticeable.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #4294
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post

    As for Electivirus, and this comment I think you might be missing the point of music in a video game.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I certainly don't think so, but that's a discussion for another day.

  20. #4295
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    I certainly don't think so, but that's a discussion for another day.
    Video game music can be used for many different purposes. Whether it's setting the mood, being ambient music or just being something that plays in the background.

    Typically it's supposed to fit the feel of whatever area you're in, and if that's the impression you got from Zelda music then the impression you got is exactly what was intended.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #4296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    As for the Korok, they didn't evolve from the Kokiri. The Kokiri are just spirits that take the form of children. The Deku Tree even said that when Hyrule was flooded, they took a different form (the Koroks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Waker's Great Deku Tree
    "Once upon a time, long ago, the Koroks took on human forms, but when they came to live on the sea, they took these shapes."
    Between the wording and the fact that Makar's ancestor was a Kokiri, the suggestion would seem to be that the race that was once the Kokiri slowly became the Korok race over time.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #4297
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    It's sort of hard to say that it is evolution. He doesn't say that they slowly became the Korok's, just that they took that shape. Whether that was because of evolution or some other means would really only be a guess.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  23. #4298
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Between the wording and the fact that Makar's ancestor was a Kokiri, the suggestion would seem to be that the race that was once the Kokiri slowly became the Korok race over time.
    I don't see how that quote implies it was a gradual process. He just says they took these forms. If anything, that sounds more like it was instantaneous. Fado being a Kokori doesn't really prove anything; the Kokiri are magical spirits that can change their shape.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  24. #4299
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    What about the fact the Koroks can leave the forest and not die? Obviously natural selection realized that this was not a desirable trait for the Kokiri and it got passed on through breeding. They also needed a mode of transportation on the see, so they became smaller and grew those propellers.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  25. #4300
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ISS
    Posts
    819

    Default

    I got through the Fire Sanctuary getting another Empty Bottle and the Mogma Mitts to burrow underground, I got the third Sacred Flame and found Zelda in the second Gate Of Time. I am now up to finding Levias

Page 172 of 275 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •