180 25.79%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.83%
  • Others

222 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 180 of 272 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6793

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    And I finally realized how much I dislike motion controls so that didn't help.
    I realized how much I hate motion controls in TP. I didn't even complete the game because of the controls, nor have I even played SS yet. I really want to play it, but I hate motion controls now. Though I might be willing to play SS

.. Which brings me to this question: Can you make Link left handed?

Another reason why I didn't complete TP because playing with my right hand was incredibly difficult for me. So I'm hoping SS will allow me to make Link left handed.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I realized how much I hate motion controls in TP. I didn't even complete the game because of the controls, nor have I even played SS yet. I really want to play it, but I hate motion controls now. Though I might be willing to play SS

Another reason why I didn't complete TP because playing with my right hand was incredibly difficult for me. So I'm hoping SS will allow me to make Link left handed.
    I was relatively fine with TP because you didn't need to be too precise with the motion controls. Just a bit of waggle, which was okay. It left room for the Wiimote's limited buttons to do other things. And there was always the GameCube as an option.

I'm pretty certain in both SS and TP Link don't have a left hand option. I could be wrong. I suppose switching the Wiimote and Nunchuck to the opposite hands would work.

No, you can't. The Wii controller is designed to be held with the right hand, and the Nunchuk with the left. You're free to switch that up, but it might be slightly disorienting, him swinging is right arm while you your left.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I suppose switching the Wiimote and Nunchuck to the opposite hands would work.
    I tried that on TP and it didn't feel right.or left..

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs
    No, you can't. The Wii controller is designed to be held with the right hand, and the Nunchuk with the left. You're free to switch that up, but it might be slightly disorienting, him swinging is right arm while you your left.
    I don't think I'll be buying this game then.
    maybe
    Last edited by Tyranitarquake; 21st May 2012 at 9:42 PM.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    What "more" content? Because all I remember between dungeons is ONE sidequest and then on to the next dungeon. No LOZ game has reached MM in terms of sidequests but SS's didn't have a big number nor did it have good ones IMO.
    idk, SS just felt like it had a lot more in between dungeons to me. Maybe it's because I played Ocarina beforehand, and that had hardly anything between dungeons. And yeah, obviously MM beats everything in regards to sidequests, but I wasn't really talking about that :x

Wind Waker's overworld was far greater than Skyward Sword's.
    Oh yeah, Wind Waker's was brilliant too. Compared to the likes of TP and OoT, Skyward Sword's overworld was brilliant. It just seemed to be a lot more interesting to me. I mean, Faron Woods was massive, even if you did return there a lot.

And what did you mean by "(BYE BYE TORCHES)"?
    Every other game had light the torch puzzles galore, but they were totally absent in SS. It was nice.

Too bad the Girahim and Imprisoned fights were recycled so much. And the area designs. But the cinematics were a great touch and the series should continue with that.
    Yeah, fighting the giant whale thing got sort of irritating after a while. I still enjoyed the Ghirahim battles, but yeah, they were pretty repetitive. The final Ghirahim fight was bloody hard though, even if it was a lot like the other too.

Demis's fight was a little.. lacking, though. The lightning and the final strike was amazing, but it was really just shield-bash all through the first part, and then lightning strike for the second. They could have made it longer (a la Ganon's fight in TP), but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

On a random note I thought the Parella were pretty pointless, even if... the main one (did he have a name?) was pretty funny with his bluntness. I think they should have just put Zoras in instead. The Kikwis and Mogmas were great though, I hope we see more of them.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 21st May 2012 at 9:57 PM.

I don't think I'll be buying this game then.
    maybe
    I hate motion controls myself, and Skyward Sword is not safe from that, but I really recommend you play it. Other than the motion controls it was s till a very good Zelda game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I hate motion controls myself, and Skyward Sword is not safe from that, but I really recommend you play it. Other than the motion controls it was still a very good Zelda game.
    I object! Plus, where's the other option on this thread's poll?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I really enjoyed the motion controls myself. It made the battles feel a bit more intuitive as well as being able to use more items in more interesting ways. Bombs certainly come to mind. It also means we can move and equip items at the same time.
    The only bad point so far were the Silent realms. Not because they're particularly hard, in fact I completed all but the first in 1 try. Having the sky and the entire environment turn a fiery orange while a horde of invincible guardian spirits hunt you down is scary as f*ck, though.
    That and the Ambassador games are what have prevented me from finishing it in the past 5 months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I object! Plus, where's the other option on this thread's poll?
    Object to what? xD

Plus, it's the very last option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    The only bad point so far were the Silent realms. Not because they're particularly hard, in fact I completed all but the first in 1 try. Having the sky and the entire environment turn a fiery orange while a horde of invincible guardian spirits hunt you down is scary as f*ck, though.
    Yes! Those were scary! Especially the last Silent Realm. I couldn't find the last tear, and time ran out. I managed to avoid the guardians for a good 2 minutes. I wonder what the record time is of avoiding them XD
    I claimed Leafeon!

I love Eevees! Someday, there will be an Eeveelution for every type, and I will have them all!

White Friend Code!: 2451-8507-1742
    Name: Jess

Espeon Owns, And you know it. Put this on your Siggy if you agree. -Started by EspeOwns

Spoiler:- Credits to::

I hate motion controls myself, and Skyward Sword is not safe from that, but I really recommend you play it. Other than the motion controls it was s till a very good Zelda game.
    Ugh, I'd be able to handle the motion controls if Link was given the option of being left handed, like he's damn supposed to be.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by eeveetrainer64 View Post
    Yes! Those were scary! Especially the last Silent Realm. I couldn't find the last tear, and time ran out. I managed to avoid the guardians for a good 2 minutes. I wonder what the record time is of avoiding them XD
    The Guardians are incredibly easy to avoid, the game just makes you think it's difficult. You can run right through them and nothing will happen.

I really didn't like the Silent Realm parts at all. They didn't seem to add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Oh yeah, Wind Waker's was brilliant too. Compared to the likes of TP and OoT, Skyward Sword's overworld was brilliant. It just seemed to be a lot more interesting to me. I mean, Faron Woods was massive, even if you did return there a lot.
    The pre-dungeon areas were good the first time around. Being forced the go through them again and again was not. I'd rather have Hyrule Field tbh, there the world feels joined instead of what was essentially a level select.

Yeah, fighting the giant whale thing got sort of irritating after a while. I still enjoyed the Ghirahim battles, but yeah, they were pretty repetitive. The final Ghirahim fight was bloody hard though, even if it was a lot like the other too.
    The final Ghirahim fight was easy for me, save the one part where you had to do a stab attack. Wii Motion Plus would only let me do it 1/3 times.

Demis's fight was a little.. lacking, though. The lightning and the final strike was amazing, but it was really just shield-bash all through the first part, and then lightning strike for the second. They could have made it longer (a la Ganon's fight in TP), but it was pretty cool nonetheless.
    Incredible as the ending was, making it any longer would be exhausting

Buy TP for the Gamecube and play using a GC controller. You can get the game for about $20 or less from stores. TP is a GC game ported to the Wii anyways which is why the GC version is superior imo. Its not like the Wii version adds anything in graphics or gameplay unless you like the awkward motion control.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Buy TP for the Gamecube and play using a GC controller. You can get the game for about $20 or less from stores. TP is a GC game ported to the Wii anyways which is why the GC version is superior imo. Its not like the Wii version adds anything in graphics or gameplay unless you like the awkward motion control.
    I would, but then I'd have to get a GC controller as well as find the game. And the game isn't anywhere near me. Online is out of the question before you ask.

But anyway, that wouldn't exactly help me with playing SS. I think I may buy SS in the future disregarding controls because I feel like I'm
    Missing an awesome adventure.
    I claim Larvitar!

But anyway, that wouldn't exactly help me with playing SS. I think I may buy SS in the future disregarding controls because I feel like I'm
    Missing an awesome adventure.
    This calls for: Charizard Champion#06's guide to playing Skyward Sword without motion controls!

Step 1: Boot up Majora's Mask.
    Step 2: Invite a friend who can tell you things you already know in monotone.
    Step 3: Play the game normally until you beat the third boss.
    Step 4: Play through the forest part again.
    Step 5: Play through the mountain part again.
    Step 6: Play through the lake part again.
    Step 7: Do a three sidequests, one for each area.
    Step 8: Watch Skyward Sword's final bosses/ending on YouTube.

Or just look up "skyward sword xbox controller" on YouTube.

Or just look up "skyward sword xbox controller" on YouTube.
    The issue with this solution is that you need a very powerful computer to emulate Wii games properly.

The plus side is they look way better.

This calls for: Charizard Champion#06's guide to playing Skyward Sword without motion controls!

Step 1: Boot up Majora's Mask.
    Step 2: Invite a friend who can tell you things you already know in monotone.
    Step 3: Play the game normally until you beat the third boss.
    Step 4: Play through the forest part again.
    Step 5: Play through the mountain part again.
    Step 6: Play through the lake part again.
    Step 7: Do a three sidequests, one for each area.
    Step 8: Watch Skyward Sword's final bosses/ending on YouTube.
    You're funny.
    I claim Larvitar!

TWILIGHT PRINCESS. Love this game. And #1 on my list.

The issue with this solution is that you need a very powerful computer to emulate Wii games properly.

The plus side is they look way better.
    My laptop wouldn't be enough then probably. I don't think I'd try it anyways setting up seems more trouble then it's worth. Though Skyward Sword with an Xbox controller is tempting...

You're funny.
    Take none of that seriously, btw.

My laptop wouldn't be enough then probably. I don't think I'd try it anyways setting up seems more trouble then it's worth. Though Skyward Sword with an Xbox controller is tempting...
    There are incredibly few laptops that would do it very well, so chances are, no your laptop cannot. In any event, the last time I emulated SS (which was at launch) there were banding issues with shadows which was very distracting. This could be fixed by now but the moral of the story is that there's almost always something wrong when emulating.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    TWILIGHT PRINCESS. Love this game. And #1 on my list.
    Your list must be ****.

The only Zelda game I have is Skyward Sword and it is one of the best games I have on Wii

Can someone tell me is Twilight Princess worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    The only Zelda game I have is Skyward Sword and it is one of the best games I have on Wii

I'd recommend buying Majora's Mask on the VC, or if you can, find a copy of Wind Waker for the GameCube before considering buying Twilight Princess.
    Last edited by Ampy; 24th May 2012 at 8:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post

Since Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game...I'd say yes. Its exciting, you get to become a wolf, and the story line lasts forever. Also, there's a ton of things you can do besides beating the actually storyline. Personally, I have fun just running around on Epona and killing enemies while I listen to the awesome music. XD

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Page 180 of 272 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast