182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 183 of 275 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 6860

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's alright because the Biggorn Sword is better anyway.
    Except it can't kill Ganon, thus rendering it much less helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Except it can't kill Ganon, thus rendering it much less helpful.
    No, but it can beat him within an inch of his life, thus giving Zelda enough time to ponder the rammifications of throwing the Master Sword back.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Do you guys think we'll get some Zelda 3DS news at e3 next week?

Yes I believe there will be a mention of a Zelda game in development for the 3DS but whether we get a trailer or not depends on how far along they are with the game. It might simply be a remake announcement, no MM guaranteed as the remake in question though.

I'd love to hear any Zelda related news at E3, whether they announce something for the 3DS or say they've actually a got a Wii U Zelda in the works.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'd love to hear any Zelda related news at E3, whether they announce something for the 3DS or say they've actually a got a Wii U Zelda in the works.
    Well, if last year's show is anything to go off of, they have at least a boss and an inventory GUI, let alone what they could've made in the last 365 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Yes I believe there will be a mention of a Zelda game in development for the 3DS but whether we get a trailer or not depends on how far along they are with the game. It might simply be a remake announcement, no MM guaranteed as the remake in question though.
    They said no Majora's remake until they have an original title on the 3DS.

No, but it can beat him within an inch of his life, thus giving Zelda enough time to ponder the rammifications of throwing the Master Sword back.
    Free bacon for everyone! It might have an inch of its life left, but it has the unholy divine taste you'll never get anywhere else!

I assume they're going to tell us about both of those projects, Zelda is always a big thing on E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Well, if last year's show is anything to go off of, they have at least a boss and an inventory GUI, let alone what they could've made in the last 365 days.
    That was just a tech demo, though. Not an actual game. Who knows what the real thing will look like.

I'm not exactly sure if we'll get anything for Wii U as far as zelda goes except maybe another tech demo, but i'm liking the chances of a 3ds game since last year they said they were already in development of one for 3ds

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I'm not exactly sure if we'll get anything for Wii U as far as zelda goes except maybe another tech demo, but i'm liking the chances of a 3ds game since last year they said they were already in development of one for 3ds
    As unlikely as it is I'd just like to see what the actual Wii U Zelda is going to look like. However, I doubt we'll see anything at all.

An original 3DS Zelda has me interested though, after what they did with the original DS Zelda games.

As unlikely as it is I'd just like to see what the actual Wii U Zelda is going to look like. However, I doubt we'll see anything at all.

An original 3DS Zelda has me interested though, after what they did with the original DS Zelda games.
    yeah, don't get me wrong i'd love my wii u launch zelda game, but i'd also rather them take their time like always and make yet another great game. I'll be satisfied with a tech demo though just to show zelda off and what they can do with the wii u

RIP Ice Grabbers

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Do you guys think we'll get some Zelda 3DS news at e3 next week?
    We'll probably just get a vague release date and some artwork for the Japanese to OOOOOOOOH over.

The problem with Zelda 3DS at the moment is that we have no idea when its coming at all. I don't think it'll be this year though, as I think Ninty would have hyped it up more by now.
    I think we'll get nothing at worst and a short trailer at best. Not a gameplay trailer, maybe just a short, ambiguous cutscene. I'm hoping for a title and a some art in particular since that provides lovely opportunities for entertaining speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    We'll probably just get a vague release date and some artwork for the Japanese to OOOOOOOOH over.
    You do realize that E3 is an American event, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    The problem with Zelda 3DS at the moment is that we have no idea when its coming at all. I don't think it'll be this year though, as I think Ninty would have hyped it up more by now.
    I think we'll get nothing at worst and a short trailer at best. Not a gameplay trailer, maybe just a short, ambiguous cutscene. I'm hoping for a title and a some art in particular since that provides lovely opportunities for entertaining speculation.
    If they're going to announce it at E3 of course they wouldn't have mentioned it yet, that would take all the bluster out of announcing it at E3.

You do realize that E3 is an American event, right?
    Of course. That was supposed to be poking fun at how the Pokemon Smash hosts go nuts over the tiniest piece of information, but I suppose that doesn't work well in regards to this :

Speaking of Zelda 3DS, what type of graphics would people like for it? I'm sort of tired of the Wind Waker graphics for hand-helds, so I'd like if they went back to the Ocarina-style (albeit greatly improved). Skyward Sword's graphics were good too, but I'd rather a more Ocarina-style game as far as aesthetics go.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 1st June 2012 at 7:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Of course. That was supposed to be poking fun at how the Pokemon Smash hosts go nuts over the tiniest piece of information, but I suppose that doesn't work well in regards to this :

Speaking of Zelda 3DS, what type of graphics would people like for it? I'm sort of tired of the Wind Waker graphics for hand-helds, so I'd like if they went back to the Ocarina-style (albeit greatly improved). Skyward Sword's graphics were good too, but I'd rather a more Ocarina-style game as far as aesthetics go.
    I'm tired of wind waker stuff too, but i would be able to put up with it as long as the game plays well

RIP Ice Grabbers

I think the cel-shaded look works great for hardware that can't quite put up more 'realistic' graphics. Cel-shaded is timeless, Wind Waker will always look good.

As much as I love the DS, I'm kinda hoping for something more akin to OoT3D's style. The DS didn't have the best cel shading (unlike WW) and it kinda got old after two games. Sure, the 3DS could expand on that, make it look more like Wind Waker, though I'd personally want something more... fresh.

I love WW but I agree that it's probably true that they've exhausted WW style games... at least for the time being.

Either way, if Nintendo wants to get me hyped to buy a Wii U or finally cave to buy a 3DS Zelda's definitely the way to do it (or Metroid).

Zelda 3DS will more then likely be a game for this year, with Wii U Zelda either next year or the year after. As for its artstyle, wouldn't mind for it to be full 3D with a new look. What I would really love is if they give us 2 games like the oracles working with streetpass/spotpass.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Zelda 3DS will more then likely be a game for this year, with Wii U Zelda either next year or the year after. As for its artstyle, wouldn't mind for it to be full 3D with a new look. What I would really love is if they give us 2 games like the oracles working with streetpass/spotpass.
    What? Why would you like to have more than 1 handheld Zelda game released at the same time? It works for Pokemon maybe, but I don't see the need for Zelda to follow that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    What? Why would you like to have more than 1 handheld Zelda game released at the same time? It works for Pokemon maybe, but I don't see the need for Zelda to follow that style.
    It's already been done, and they're two of the best Zelda games.

CBA to multiquote, so I'll just sum up my thoughts.

Graphics. If possible, I'd love to see Cel-shaded graphics return.

Camera: Is it safe to assume that considering OOT managed to use the "standard" main console Zelda camera angle, our nezt handheld will follow in the same vein?

I'm personally quite optimistic we'll get something announced on the 3DS. Nintendo need a good E3 IMO given that they've had a poor year and the announcement of a new Zelda would, one assumes, generate great interest. I'm sure they could drag out 30 seconds worth of teaser.

Also, Spirit Tracks was a good three years ago (I think). Handheld gaps are rarely more than three years.

It's already been done, and they're two of the best Zelda games.
    Exactly why. Both Labrynna and Holodrum are some of the best OW in a Zelda game, and being able to play both on both cartridges to get a secret dungeon+final boss was one of the best surprises ever. If Nintendo can do that again with the 3DS, but use the streetpass system to collect rings/trophies/random new collection thing, and give us a world with 2 new non-hyrule lands, I'll be pleased as a peach.

Edit: Yeah ST was at the end of 09, so the large gap is justified thanks to the 3DS. And for anyone who thinks that SS being out last year is a point against a game coming this year, TP was in 06 with PH in 07.
    BLAH

Edit: Yeah ST was at the end of 09, so the large gap is justified thanks to the 3DS. And for anyone who thinks that SS being out last year is a point against a game coming this year, TP was in 06 with PH in 07.
    Or, you know, they can always say they were secretly working on Majora's Mask 3D. All they have to do is edit the OoT3D engine.

Page 183 of 275 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast