View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
702. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

    173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

    292 41.60%
  • Others

    223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 195 of 275 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 6866

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #4851
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Well, I'm guessing I'm going to be the only person in the world to have both editions....
    I'm sure there will be quite a few people.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #4852
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Hmm. Yes.

    It has transpired that Amazon.com actually have it cheaper, for $20.
    On another note, apparently there are some big Nintendo announcements coming up in mid-September. Zelda 3DS maybe? I'll be a little disappointed if it's the Majora's Mask or the Link to the Past remake as I really want to see a brand new title, but still, news is news...

  3. #4853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    On another note, apparently there are some big Nintendo announcements coming up in mid-September. Zelda 3DS maybe?
    Launch information for the Nintendo console that releases later this fall, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'll be a little disappointed if it's the Majora's Mask or the Link to the Past remake as I really want to see a brand new title, but still, news is news...
    In as much as what few public comments we get can be taken at face value, they have said they want to do an original Zelda title for the 3DS before another remake.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #4854
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    look behind you
    Posts
    624

    Default

    gah well currently playing Twilight Princess gah I just defeated the Dragon that was the scariest boss fight I have ever done!
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

  5. #4855
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Launch information for the Nintendo console that releases later this fall, perhaps?
    I'm basing it on this article which appeared a couple of days ago, and judging from the tweet which was issued, it could be about pretty much anything, not just the Wii U. In any case, what more "good stuff" could be possibly announced about it that we don't know already?

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    In as much as what few public comments we get can be taken at face value, they have said they want to do an original Zelda title for the 3DS before another remake.
    I am aware of that but the amount of news we have got about a new Zelda title is pretty much nil compared to the amount of comments garnered from interviews about Miyamoto's enthusiasm to produce a remake. Although a new Zelda game is on the cards, there has been almost nothing to indicate that Nintendo are working on it, just a few nods towards the fans that Nintendo are working on some sort of Zelda game.

  6. #4856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    it could be about pretty much anything, not just the Wii U. In any case, what more "good stuff" could be possibly announced about it that we don't know already?
    Aside from the launch date, launch price, peripherals and software available at launch, none of which we have yet...?

    A mid-September "big announcement" could be about "pretty much anything", but again, with Nintendo launching a new console at some point in the next 2-3 months and with them not yet having made public definitive launch information, the logic does point in a certain direction, would you not agree?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  7. #4857
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Ok, fine. I have to admit that any announcement concerning a new Zelda game was wishful thinking on my part and that the announcement does have some connotations with the Wii U, although I fail to see how an announcement concerning the launch date, price or peripherals really falls under the category of "good stuff". Of course the information concerning these would be welcome but I can hardly see anyone but hardcore fanboys going into spasms of delight having just found out how much they'd have to fork out for Nintendo's new console this time.

    As for software announcement we do have a general idea of the titles which are going to be released long with the console (Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, ZombieU and Ninja Gaiden 3 are actually confirmed as launch titles, I believe) and I doubt that Nintendo will announce anything other than Wii U games which are going to be released in the coming year as the majority of the games expected to be seen on the console were showcased at E3.

  8. #4858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    although I fail to see how an announcement concerning the launch date, price or peripherals really falls under the category of "good stuff". Of course the information concerning these would be welcome but I can hardly see anyone but hardcore fanboys going into spasms of delight having just found out how much they'd have to fork out for Nintendo's new console this time.
    You're putting way too much stock in the exact wording of the PR speak in a single tweet. Are the PR people expected to say "ugh, yes, we know, the announcement of when you'll be able to buy the Wii U and for how much is boring as ****, but let's just get through this and move on"?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 18th August 2012 at 12:23 PM.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #4859
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    It may be that I'm making out this tweet to be more significant than it was originally intended, but still, I can't help the natural curiosity I feel whenever a Nintendo announcement is on the horizon.
    So yes, I may be "putting way too much stock" in the nitty-gritty side of things but only because I am, frankly, desperate for news.

  10. #4860
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    PR is designed to do that. Good PR can get you excited for absolutely nothing, it's all in how they spin it.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #4861
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Ok, so if we're all done heckling each other....

    Probably been asked before, but for the sake of keeping this thread going: best dungeon in the series?
    My personal favourite is the Water Temple but I also think the Sandship is an exemplary one in terms of gameplay and exploration.

  12. #4862

    Default

    Why are recycled questions necessary to "keep the thread going"? Honestly curious.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #4863
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    EDIT: actually, you know what, never mind.
    Last edited by Poetry; 21st August 2012 at 10:17 AM.

  14. #4864
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Probably been asked before, but for the sake of keeping this thread going: best dungeon in the series?
    My personal favourite is the Water Temple but I also think the Sandship is an exemplary one in terms of gameplay and exploration.
    The Ocarina of Time Water Temple?

    City in the Sky, Arbiter's Grounds, Dragon Roost Caverns, Tower of the Gods, and Palace of Winds are among my favourites.

  15. #4865
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Golden State!
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Does anyone else like the Ancient Cistern from Skyward Sword? I love that dungeon! Very beautiful dungeon with a nice design and good puzzles!
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

  16. #4866
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSoulSilver View Post
    Does anyone else like the Ancient Cistern from Skyward Sword? I love that dungeon! Very beautiful dungeon with a nice design and good puzzles!
    Thought it had some lost potential. Plus, the time I discovered it, I had a feeling that the climax was just ahead, so it was rush in, do the puzzles, rush out, and nothing else. It had great potential so I hope Nintendo reuses the concept it in a future title but with better execution and timing.

    As for my favourite temple, the Water Temple in Skyward Sword was actually quite enjoyable with its many puzzles and rooms along with one of my favourite boss battles in the game.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  17. #4867
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Golden State!
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Thought it had some lost potential. Plus, the time I discovered it, I had a feeling that the climax was just ahead, so it was rush in, do the puzzles, rush out, and nothing else. It had great potential so I hope Nintendo reuses the concept it in a future title but with better execution and timing.

    As for my favourite temple, the Water Temple in Skyward Sword was actually quite enjoyable with its many puzzles and rooms along with one of my favourite boss battles in the game.
    Uh, the Ancient Cistern WAS the Water Temple in Skyward Sword! the dungeon with Koloktos! The golden-mechanical monster! Hello! XD
    The dungeon you're thinking of is the Sky Keep!
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

  18. #4868
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSoulSilver View Post
    Uh, the Ancient Cistern WAS the Water Temple in Skyward Sword! the dungeon with Koloktos! The golden-mechanical monster! Hello! XD
    The dungeon you're thinking of is the Sky Keep!
    I'm bad with names, okay? I'll do my research and post on my laptop as opposed to remembering poorly and posting using my 3DS next time…
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  19. #4869
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Golden State!
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I'm bad with names, okay? I'll do my research and post on my laptop as opposed to remembering poorly and posting using my 3DS next time…
    It's okay! I just thought it was a little silly how you got them mixed up. XD But, I agree with you, the Sky Keep was very boring for me and it was just a dungeon re-using the previous dungeon layouts. The Ancient Cistern on the other hand was very brilliant with its design and puzzles. I like the boss Koloktos too, especially when you get to beat him up with his own swords! That was fun!
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

  20. #4870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSoulSilver View Post
    the Sky Keep was very boring for me and it was just a dungeon re-using the previous dungeon layouts.
    The entire point of the dungeon, and not a concept unique to the Sky Keep.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  21. #4871
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Golden State!
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The entire point of the dungeon, and not a concept unique to the Sky Keep.
    Oh yeah! There were other Zelda games that had dungeons like that! Like Ganon's Castle in Ocarina of Time! Thanks for pointing that out.
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

  22. #4872
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Skyward Sword dungeons were too short in my opinion, especially the Earth Temple. Also the last four seemed a little bit too conventional for me after the unique first three.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  23. #4873
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Twillight Princess is my vote.
    Think I'll buy Ocarina of Time 3DS. Is it better on 3DS?

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  24. #4874
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post

    Think I'll buy Ocarina of Time 3DS. Is it better on 3DS?
    Depends on if you own Ocarina of Time on;

    -N64
    -Game Cube
    -Wii Virtual console

    Because if you do then it isn't really worth buying the 3DS version.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  25. #4875
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Depends on if you own Ocarina of Time on;

    -N64
    -Game Cube
    -Wii Virtual console

    Because if you do then it isn't really worth buying the 3DS version.
    Unless you like Boss Rush.

Page 195 of 275 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •