• Others

222 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda games discussion

oot because when I first played I was little but other than that NONE! ^_^

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

I'm sure you're horribly proud of yourself for finding a Zelda game to be relatively easy.

And I assure you, we are all stunned at your ability, and humbled by your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Just curious, which game did you find was the most difficult?
    For me it was Legend of Zelda: A link to the past. I kept getting lost and Skull dungeon gave me a hard time since I kept getting hit by the bouncy things and landing in to the spikes. Still a fun game though ^.^

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Actually I am not proud because pride leads to bragging and I do not brag.^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Noob!

Just curious, which game did you find was the most difficult?
    I haven't really played much just WW, TP, and the DS games, but out of all them I have to say I actually found Spirit Tracks to be really difficult

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysxx View Post
    Actually I am not proud because pride leads to bragging and I do not brag.^_^
    You seem pretty proud of not being proud, just saying.

Anyways, on to actual Zelda discussion, that isn't posting a song. With SS being a prequel to OoT can we assume the friend is not a certain little fairy? Or will friendships (or at least those involving the hero of time) be able to continue despite a death?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Depends entirely on what you choose to believe. You could say that Navi can't appear in Skyward Sword because the Great Deku Tree calls her forth just at the start of Ocarina, and she clearly had no prior knowledge of Link. Or you could say that there's nothing dictating she couldn't have adventured prior to Ocarina, and possibly even assisted a previous Link.

I wouldn't worry about it until we know more.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Very true. I was just trying to start some kind of discussion with mindless speculation, though loolong at this thread, and Nintendo discussion in general I don't see it working. Seems most of the SSB thread regulars of left the area/site.

Anyways, she did know his name at the start of OoT, and didnt she come from above The Great Deku Tree?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Anyways, she did know his name at the start of OoT
    You could surmise that she knew his name because the Great Deku Tree told her, which makes sense; he wouldn't have sent her off without telling her the name of the "Kokiri" she was looking for.

I don't think the direction from which Navi floated in at the start is meant to be indicative of anything.

Or you could believe differently. Again, it's all just idle speculation right now.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You could surmise that she knew his name because the Great Deku Tree told her, which makes sense; he wouldn't have sent her off without telling her the name of the "Kokiri" she was looking for.

I don't think the direction from which Navi floated in at the start is meant to be indicative of anything.

Or you could believe differently. Again, it's all just idle speculation right now.
    Or a yearning for the old days where there was mass speculation about the tiniest of details about one game.

Will Skyward Sword follow the trend of most 2nd games on a home console to not have Ganon/dorf be the final boss? Or do people consider this the first Wii Zelda game?

woot21 out dawgs

Or a yearning for the old days where there was mass speculation about the tiniest of details about one game.
    I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to.

Will Skyward Sword follow the trend of most 2nd games on a home console to not have Ganon/dorf be the final boss?
    What little we do know does tell us that plenty of the game takes place in Hyrule, and when you couple that with the fact that the Master Sword is involved somehow, I can't imagine SS will be Ganondorf-less, can you?

Or do people consider this the first Wii Zelda game?
    Can't much see how anyone could argue this. Twilight Princess was a core Zelda title for the Wii, was it not? Even if it was ported from its original GameCube build.

-----
    Words to|live by

Something I've been wondering about for a while; most Zelda titles are localized by NoA's Treehouse division, aren't they? How far back does this go? Playing through Link's Awakening again, I've noticed that it has a pretty good localization for an early 90's video game. =d

Well a prequel to OoT seems like it could take place before his birth, meaning it could be possible to not see him. More so since a lot of time lines put OoT at the start (discounting Minish Cap). Since I don't see how we could have a battle for Hyrule's soul involve Ganondorf then have no one remember who he is in a short time frame. Then again his OoT appearance could be similar to his one in TP, where he was able to escape banishment after a long time (with help from Tabuu). Again just mass speculation and crazy theories.

woot21 out dawgs

I've been wondering for awhile, on the timeline where does ALttP take place, I was sure in either side it was close to the end of the timeline but after so many changes to the time line I'm confused and outdated.

---Dark World end all be all Zelda theme---
    If I seem like a jerk, at least know it's with good intention.
    "Man is nothing but a miserable pile of secrets." -Dracula SOTN

Anyways, on to actual Zelda discussion, that isn't posting a song. With SS being a prequel to OoT can we assume the friend is not a certain little fairy? Or will friendships (or at least those involving the hero of time) be able to continue despite a death?
    Navi is one of the fairies for the forest children, and from what we know, link's previous incarnation is from the skies, above the forest. I just don't see how Navi can be connected to him from this game, unless she was lost from the forest, and brought back somehow, with her memory wiped, but her nervousness and courage still intact.
    Will Skyward Sword follow the trend of most 2nd games on a home console to not have Ganon/dorf be the final boss? Or do people consider this the first Wii Zelda game?
    No because mainly the story is focused on the creation of the master sword. For the master sword to be created, there needs to be an evil equivalent to Ganon, or perhaps an ancestor of Ganon's, which would grant the swords its mythical title of Evil's Bane. I mean why else would it be created but to rid the land of the first of many evil's to fall upon it.

So if we were to speculate on SS, the questions wouldn't be how much Ganon or Master Sword will we be seeing, but how will we get there, how will Skyloft be involved, and what the hell happens to that cloaked girl after she's got the master sword outta her, or perhaps she is it itself.
    BLAH

I played the Zelda Gamecube bonus disk and most of Wind Waker and my brother played the DS games and Twilight Princess. They're very interesting, although I don't play them much.

I usually like 3D Zelda games (with Metroid I usually like 2D more). Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker were both very good. I like them both about equally as I see the good in each of them. As for my favorite music, I like the Nocturne of Shadow piece, the OoT arrangement in Brawl, as well as peaceful music like Kakariko village and epic music such as Molgera or the OoT Ganondorf music. I want to try Twilight Princess to see what that one's like.

Overall, it's a splendid series.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

It is confirmed, I believe, that the cloaked girl is the Skyward Sword.

Yes the girl is the sword. ^_^
    The game is really going to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    It is confirmed, I believe, that the cloaked girl is the Skyward Sword.
    Yeah, that was established...the middle of 2010?

Or hell, even when the artwork was first shown.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Yeah, that was established...the middle of 2010?

Or hell, even when the artwork was first shown.
    Yeah, E3 confirmed she was the skyward sword, which would later become the master sword.
    BLAH

I've developed quite a Zelda collection. It all started with the limited edition of The Wind Waker for the GCN how it came with a bonus disc that had OOT and OOT: Master Quest on it. Then I learned of the Zelda Promotional Edition which contained of Majoras Mask, Zelda II, Zelda I and OOT on it with a Wind Waker demo. I knew I had to get it. Then when the Wii came out and I got it as a gift on Christmas Day, the day after I went out and bought myself Twilight Princess. Though I played the Gamecube version for a couple of weeks prior to Christmas.
    Anyway, that's how my love for Zelda basically developed. o.o

Formerly known as Nightshroud.

Your collection is the latest four disc releases?

Yeah, so impressive. That'll get people wet on eBay.

I went on a bit of a Zelda binge last year. Played through every game but the first two.

**** those. I value my sanity, thanks. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Your collection is the latest four disc releases?

Yeah, so impressive. That'll get people wet on eBay.
    You don't need to be so rude. I didn't own a NES/SNES or a Nintendo 64 so I couldn't get those entries that came out for those 3 originally. -.-

Formerly known as Nightshroud.

Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast