177 25.54%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.82%
  • Ocarina of Time

290 41.85%
  • Others

220 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 203 of 268 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 6699

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    geez!
    i know full well that ur not an ambassodor!
    im just trying to find out how u got that game without PAYING (they said it would be released with the other 2 i mentioned later)
    and btw... i cant even get past the first boss in it.
    my friend says that he can beat the whole game in 20 minutes... ouch.
    Sorry. I didn't mean to get all frustrated. If you want to get past the first boss, it's best to be at full health for Aquamentis so you can use Sword Beams. You can take down Aquamentis with 2 or 3 Sword Beams that easily! If you still have trouble try collecting the White Sword, the Blue Ring, and some Heart containers from the hidden shelters with the old man. Look at TheZeldaDungeon's Walkthrough to find the locations of these items.

EDIT: Aquamentis takes more hits with Sword Beams if you only have the wooden sword.
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

Why does it seem that every conversation ends up descending into an argument or some sort of tiff on this thread? Lemme guess, someone's going to find a way to start an argument from this post as well...

Anyway, now that I think about it, Minish Cap's Castle Town is possibly the best rendition of it in the entire series. Its music is definitely one of the best and it had a really good mix of everything.
    The house with the baby cuccoos always confused me though....
    Last edited by Poetry; 1st October 2012 at 7:45 PM.

Sorry. I didn't mean to get all frustrated. If you want to get past the first boss, it's best to be at full health for Aquamentis so you can use Sword Beams. You can take down Aquamentis with 2 or 3 Sword Beams that easily! If you still have trouble try collecting the White Sword, the Blue Ring, and some Heart containers from the hidden shelters with the old man. Look at TheZeldaDungeon's Walkthrough to find the locations of these items.

EDIT: Aquamentis takes more hits with Sword Beams if you only have the wooden sword.
    no prob
    but the boss im fighting doesnt sound like the one ur talking about, its blue and has mouths on all 4 sides and shoots little energy balls.
    and i only got the shield the fire and whatever sword i stared out with.
    Why does it seem that every conversation ends up descending into an argument or some sort of tiff on this thread? Lemme guess, someone's going to find a way to start an argument from this post as well...

Anyway, now that I think about it, Minish Cap's Castle Town is possibly the best rendition of it in the entire series. Its music is definitely one of the best and it had a really good mix of everything.
    The house with the baby cuccoos always confused me though....
    LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! lol
    ur right i loved castle town
    and vatti is a huge moron(does he have any connection to the skyward sword dude?)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

and vatti is a huge moron(does he have any connection to the skyward sword dude?)
    No, as far as we know Vaati has no connection whatsoever with Ghirahim. The only thing that connects them is their hideously flamboyant fashion sense.

See my wii broke right after I got skyward, and a friend told me that the villain in it has eyeballs floating around him… sounds a lot like vatti if you ask me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

See my wii broke right after I got skyward, and a friend told me that the villain in it has eyeballs floating around him… sounds a lot like vatti if you ask me.
    Hmm... eyeballs? I can't recall Ghirahim having anything to do with eyeballs but when he shot those small red... things towards you seems pretty similar to how one of Vaati's transformations behaved. If I can recall correctly, you had to destroy the eyeballs with your sword to get to his big centre eyeball, which is vaguely similar to Ghirahim but just a coincidence. Ganon also does something similar in ALttP.

Anyway what the hell are you waiting for? Get a new Wii and play the game, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Hmm... eyeballs? I can't recall Ghirahim having anything to do with eyeballs but when he shot those small red... things towards you seems pretty similar to how one of Vaati's transformations behaved. If I can recall correctly, you had to destroy the eyeballs with your sword to get to his big centre eyeball, which is vaguely similar to Ghirahim but just a coincidence. Ganon also does something similar in ALttP.

Anyway what the hell are you waiting for? Wait to buy a Wii U and play the game, dammit.
    There, fixed it for you.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Anyway what the hell are you waiting for? Get a new Wii and play the game, dammit.
    im planning on getting the wii U and thats only a month or 2 away.
    and Yeah the whole center eye thing rings a bell. Maybe that new Zelda book will clear it up… I hope.
    and that means i cant play twillight princess
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    There, fixed it for you.
    im planning on getting the wii U and thats only a month or 2 away.
    Ah, everything fits in nicely then.

and Yeah the whole center eye thing rings a bell. Maybe that new Zelda book will clear it up… I hope.
    and that means i cant play twillight princess
    You mean Hyrule Historia? I doubt it. Just play Skyward Sword and then you can make up your own theories on whether they're related. As far as I'm aware the Japanese version doesn't mention anything about a connection between them.

What do you mean you can't play it? Buy the Wii version for a pittance and then play it alongside Skyward Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    What do you mean you can't play it? Buy the Wii version for a pittance and then play it alongside Skyward Sword.
    Or just buy a Gamecube and enjoy the game the way it was originally intended.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

well i already have it for the wii, but as i said before... its busted.
    and i will probably have to get a gameqube anyway or else i wont be able to play wind waker...major ouchie.
    #AlphaSapphire

Nothing to clear up. There's no connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There would be zero value to buying a GameCube for any reason at this point.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It's square. Isn't that reason enough?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That depends, I love my Gamecube and use it quite frequently. It's faster and easier to start playing a Gamecube game on a Gamecube than on the Wii. Makes less noise, too.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    On the subject of fun towns/cities, I forgot about Hyrule Town in the Minish Cap. That was another place I always enjoyed coming back to.
    I love that town. ALWAYS enjoyed coming back.

What if you're planning on getting a Wii U but don't have a Wii or Gamecube and want to play Gamecube games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That depends, I love my Gamecube and use it quite frequently.
    And that's not buying a GameCube at this point. You have it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    What if you're planning on getting a Wii U but don't have a Wii or Gamecube and want to play Gamecube games?
    What if someone just awoke from the cryogenic stasis in which they were placed just before the GameCube released in 2001 and they did so in an alternate timeline in which all the Wii units went to the effort to win the war against the alien lobsters from the crab nebula?

If you want to "what if" me to death with every possible scenario in which someone might actually track down a system that old at this point, go ahead. By and large, I stand by my assessment.

-----
    Words to|live by

GCN's are like $20 at every GameStop. Not much to really track down.

And that's not buying a GameCube at this point. You have it already.
    And if mine ever broke I'd buy a second in a heartbeat.

Maybe it's just me, but I like having all the consoles. I'm only missing the NES and the original GameBoy. Need to get me those guys.

What if someone just awoke from the cryogenic stasis in which they were placed just before the GameCube released in 2001 and they did so in an alternate timeline in which all the Wii units went to the effort to win the war against the alien lobsters from the crab nebula?

If you want to "what if" me to death with every possible scenario in which someone might actually track down a system that old at this point, go ahead. By and large, I stand by my assessment.
    Didn't you just state the other day that if you say something applies to no one or everyone you're guaranteed to be wrong every time? Saying there's "zero value to buying a GameCube for any reason" seems like a contradiction to that.

Then again, how much worth someone places on something depends on who they are. I'm still positive there's someone out there who finds value in the console whether they're from a poorer country, or they're a collector, or they just want to hollow it out and make a nerdy lunchbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Didn't you just state the other day that if you say something applies to no one or everyone you're guaranteed to be wrong every time? Saying there's "zero value to buying a GameCube for any reason" seems like a contradiction to that.
    The former is a matter of personal want/lack of want. The latter is placing an actual material value on an object.

-----
    Words to|live by

Spoiler:- Okay then:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    To boot, there's the Wii U's assumed possibility of have GameCube Virtual Console titles.
    Assumed, with no factual evidence. Hardly something to go by.

The fact that the Wii U doesn't play Gamecube titles alone is reason enough. For someone that doesn't have a Wii but has GCN titles and plans on getting a Wii U and a system that can play those titles, GCN the Gamecube is the better option.

um yeah i might buy a gameqube and a wii u...at the same time!
    i want gc games but cant play them without a wii or gc... im not getting a wii so... gc it is!
    people dont call me spock for nothin'!
    #AlphaSapphire

Either that or you could wait and see if Nintendo are actually going to have Gamecube games on the Wii U virtual console. Which would be awesome.

Page 203 of 268 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast