View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    177 25.54%
  • Wind Waker

    172 24.82%
  • Ocarina of Time

    290 41.85%
  • Others

    220 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 205 of 268 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 6699

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #5101
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LugiaMaster66 View Post
    I remember watching my sister a long time ago playing Twilight Princess and she was stuck with that for a while as well...The spider boss creeped me out in that game XD
    The spider was kind of creepy... until I realized it was really easy to beat. Smashing it with a giant hammer was fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Twilight Princess was a bit too easy. Even ignoring the damage part(Ganondorf doing half-Hearts, HA), the puzzles were far too simple.
    I agree. Skyward Sword didn't improve on this either. :\

  2. #5102
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    The spider was kind of creepy... until I realized it was really easy to beat. Smashing it with a giant hammer was fun.
    Its final form was... odd compared to the final forme of the other bosses (except Fyrus. Missed opportunity right there.)

  3. #5103
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Its final form was... odd compared to the final forme of the other bosses (except Fyrus. Missed opportunity right there.)
    Oh come on, that was an awesome gag that was thrown in there.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  4. #5104
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Oh come on, that was an awesome gag that was thrown in there.
    I never said it wasn't awesome. It was odd and unexpected, is all

  5. #5105
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I agree. Skyward Sword didn't improve on this either. :\
    Really? I'm surprised people think that Skyward Sword had as simple puzzles as Twilight Princess; I felt that the former was much more difficult in terms of enemies and puzzles. Although having said that, I'm pretty sure not everyone waltzed their way through every single part of Twilight Princess either. There were some parts where it was difficult to figure out what to do (but more than often it was the fault of game design rather than inherent difficulty....)

  6. #5106
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Really? I'm surprised people think that Skyward Sword had as simple puzzles as Twilight Princess; I felt that the former was much more difficult in terms of enemies and puzzles. Although having said that, I'm pretty sure not everyone waltzed their way through every single part of Twilight Princess either. There were some parts where it was difficult to figure out what to do (but more than often it was the fault of game design rather than inherent difficulty....)
    I'm trying to think of one, but I'm coming up with zero.

  7. #5107
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    You used a faq so your opinion is invalid. Hurr .

  8. #5108
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    Hardest puzzle in a game for me was most likely the first time I did OoT Water Temple. Couldn't find one key, because I didn't realize the floor was bombable at one point on the bottom floor. I spent over two hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong in there.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  9. #5109
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grannvale
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Hardest puzzle in a game for me was most likely the first time I did OoT Water Temple. Couldn't find one key, because I didn't realize the floor was bombable at one point on the bottom floor. I spent over two hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong in there.

    woot21 out dawgs
    have you played the 3ds version?
    they made the water temple much easier to get through.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  10. #5110
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    have you played the 3ds version?
    they made the water temple much easier to get through.
    I think that's an issue that he would have only had once.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #5111
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    have you played the 3ds version?
    they made the water temple much easier to get through.
    My issue with the Water Temple was never the location of the water adjustment areas, so no, they really didn't. I usually just forgot to grab the key under the block that floats up in the very center room.

  12. #5112
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    My issue with the Water Temple was never the location of the water adjustment areas, so no, they really didn't. I usually just forgot to grab the key under the block that floats up in the very center room.
    In addition to that I didn't actually know that you had to defeat all the enemies to actually get the key itself. I was very poor judgement on my part now that I look back on it.

  13. #5113
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    29

    Default

    My fave zelda game... wait, my fave game of all time! Is OOT best game ever in my opinion and i cant wait to get the 3DS version

  14. #5114

    Default

    I love Zelda, but I won't go into some long (and somewhat pointless) discussions about stuff like timelines, events, characters, etc. Anyway, my favorite is Windwaker, least favorite is the first LoZ. I played every game in the series and I'm looking forward to the next one (whenever that happens). Also, I kind of hated Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

    Hmm... Now I have the urge to play TP and Four Swords Adventure, but my Wii's dead so I can't.

  15. #5115
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    I love Zelda, but I won't go into some long (and somewhat pointless) discussions about stuff like timelines, events, characters, etc. Anyway, my favorite is Windwaker, least favorite is the first LoZ. I played every game in the series and I'm looking forward to the next one (whenever that happens). Also, I kind of hated Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

    Hmm... Now I have the urge to play TP and Four Swords Adventure, but my Wii's dead so I can't.
    What did you not like about PH and ST?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  16. #5116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What did you not like about PH and ST?
    Mostly the touch screen controls. I know, they're not that terrible once you get used to them. I never got used to them, though. And yes, ST improved it, but I still didn't like it.

  17. #5117
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    Mostly the touch screen controls. I know, they're not that terrible once you get used to them. I never got used to them, though. And yes, ST improved it, but I still didn't like it.
    I think the only thing which was changed in Spirit Tracks in terms of the controls was that you could roll easier - other than that it was more or less the same as in Phantom Hourglass.
    Personally I thought the controls were a good idea but they didn't always work perfectly. Innovative, yes, but flawed compared to traditional controls.

  18. #5118
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    422

    Default

    I just bought the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess yesterday. I've been looking for it for quite some time. I didn't want to get the Wii version because I already had saved progress on the GC version (I rented it a bunch of times) Turns out I'm currently in the Forest Temple, and since it's been forever since I last played, I have no clue what to do, since I don't know what's been done already. I might just find a guide to help me figure things out.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

    Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

  19. #5119
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Miyamoto Talks Zelda By Retro!

    Bottom of the page again?!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  20. #5120
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    Mostly the touch screen controls. I know, they're not that terrible once you get used to them. I never got used to them, though. And yes, ST improved it, but I still didn't like it.
    Really? I think the touch screen controls are the best part. It really shows how well a game can be controlled without buttons, and I really believe that the game couldn't have been controlled better had buttons been used. It's the pinnacle of touch screen control as far as I'm concerned, never seen anything do it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    I just bought the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess yesterday. I've been looking for it for quite some time. I didn't want to get the Wii version because I already had saved progress on the GC version (I rented it a bunch of times) Turns out I'm currently in the Forest Temple, and since it's been forever since I last played, I have no clue what to do, since I don't know what's been done already. I might just find a guide to help me figure things out.
    You might as well just start over since you're not very far.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #5121
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Miyamoto Talks Zelda By Retro!

    Bottom of the page again?!
    A Retro-made Zelda would be glorious!! I really hope this happens.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

  22. #5122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalVictini View Post
    A Retro-made Zelda would be glorious!! I really hope this happens.
    Despite the guy saying "they're more than qualified but the logistics make it unlikely".



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  23. #5123
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    But on the other hand, so far the design and script of Zelda have been created at Nintendo and that has to keep being the case. Even if Retro Studios is qualified, at the end Nintendo would have to be in very very close contact with the company that were to create this Zelda and being outside Japan the distance and the timezone differences would make the communication more difficult, so Retro Studios is a company that is more focused on developing projects more independently from Nintendo. Ultimately they wouldn’t be the most indicated.
    Pretty much confirmation that we're not going to see a Retro/Nintendo Zelda collaboration, no?

  24. #5124
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You might as well just start over since you're not very far.
    I might not be very far, but I don't want to have to redo the whole "Wolf Link get out of the castle" part. I don't mind the wolf part, but though it's been years since I played, I can still picture myself trying to get out of that castle. It took me days to finally figure it out.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

    Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

  25. #5125
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    I might not be very far, but I don't want to have to redo the whole "Wolf Link get out of the castle" part. I don't mind the wolf part, but though it's been years since I played, I can still picture myself trying to get out of that castle. It took me days to finally figure it out.
    It's... not hard at all... Midna leads you the entire time.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 205 of 268 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •