View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
686. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    175 25.51%
  • Wind Waker

    172 25.07%
  • Ocarina of Time

    289 42.13%
  • Others

    216 31.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 207 of 267 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 6661

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #5151
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    yeah and they did a good job doing it in 3d, it has the best 3d graphics of any 3ds game so far in my opinion.
    and the water temple was insane XD
    I'll be playing the 3DS version really soon, and I'm very excited about it.
    Can't wait to relive my childhood in a modern fashion.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

  2. #5152
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I'll be playing the 3DS version really soon, and I'm very excited about it.
    Can't wait to relive my childhood in a modern fashion.
    the 3d is amazing!
    it is one of the few games that the 3d looks natural on. and the depth goes REALLY deep. very fitting for one of the best games ever.
    and then the flat out enhanced graphics (without the 3d on) are incredible.
    if u see a side by side of the 2 it is really noticable but u dont think of it much while u are playing it.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  3. #5153
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    yeah and they did a good job doing it in 3d, it has the best 3d graphics of any 3ds game so far in my opinion.
    Oot's 3D was good but, it did get painful after a while to look at it in full 3D. I prefer it when the 3D effect is more subtle like in SM3DLand. There you wouldn't even notice it unless you turned off the 3D. It also is a massive help with platforming. Kid Icarus: Uprising is a good balance between the two.
    And as for Oot 3D, it was good, but I wouldn't give it 'best game ever'. It pretty much hangs on the edge of feeling like a 14 year old game with a new coat and successfully masquerading as a modern one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  4. #5154
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    if u see a side by side of the 2 it is really noticable but u dont think of it much while u are playing it.
    You'd have to be stupid or blind not to notice the difference while playing it.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #5155
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    The 3D effect is nice-looking, that's all. Shame it doesn't actually actually add anything to the overall gameplay or experience. Only the improved graphics do that, if anything.

  6. #5156
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The 3D effect is nice-looking, that's all. Shame it doesn't actually actually add anything to the overall gameplay or experience. Only the improved graphics do that, if anything.
    I just love the idea it's portable.
    What's better than Ocarina of Time?
    Ocarina of Time everywhere you go!
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

  7. #5157
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The 3D effect is nice-looking, that's all. Shame it doesn't actually actually add anything to the overall gameplay or experience. Only the improved graphics do that, if anything.
    It does more than that though .... Nintendo also thinks otherwise thats why they are going to make all their handhelds have stereoscopic 3D from now on

  8. #5158
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    What's better than Ocarina of Time?
    Majora's Mask and Wind Waker

  9. #5159
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter.
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    cuz it is XD
    although skyward is a close second.
    Every Zelda that came after Ocarina is much much better than Ocarina
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    OoT was, and probably still is the most solid video game out there. It covers just about everything and has the ultimate good vs. evil storyline.
    Yeah,I'm just gonna say I disagree.

    Not that I don't like OoT,but it's one of the most overrated games out there.

  10. #5160
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Majora's Mask and Wind Waker
    Majora's Mask.
    You mean the game that solely became popular from people playing it on YouTube?
    I simply believe a game becomes legitimately popular from people discovering it themselves rather than copying what someone else plays because it's "cool".
    It was an alright Zelda game, I'll give it that.
    Not gonna talk down on Wind Waker because I believe that game earned its fan base.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

  11. #5161
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Majora's Mask and Wind Waker
    Agreed.

    Not to say that Ocarina of Time is a bad game but Majora's Mask and all the Zelda games released after has managed to improve and bring the franchise in new direction in term of game play and story.

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Majora's Mask.
    You mean the game that solely became popular from people playing it on YouTube?
    No, because people like the game and are sick of it being overshadowed by Ocarina of Time.

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I simply believe a game becomes legitimately popular from people discovering it themselves rather than copying what someone else plays because it's "cool".
    Who cares?

    Just as long the people are playing the game and are enjoying it then that's fine, there is nothing wrong with a game getting popular by word of mouth.

    Your logic of reasoning why Majora's Mask isn't "legitimately popular" is flawed and downright silly.

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    It was an alright Zelda game, I'll give it that.
    It was fantastic in term of game play and story.

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Not gonna talk down on Wind Waker because I believe that game earned its fan base.
    Why because people didn't buy the game after seeing a "youtube" video? Fun fact I brought Wind Waker after seeing a game play video of it on IGN so does that make me a "legit" fan nor not.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 13th November 2012 at 10:19 PM.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  12. #5162
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post

    No, because people like the game and are sick of it being overshadowed by Ocarina of Time.



    Who cares?

    Just as long the people are playing the game and are enjoying it then that's fine, there is nothing wrong with a game getting popular by word on mouth.

    Your logic of reasoning why Majora's Mask isn't "legitimately popular" is flawed and downright silly.



    It was fantastic in term of game play and story.



    Why because people didn't buy the game after seeing a "youtube" video? Fun fact I brought Wind Waker after seeing a game play video of it on IGN so does that make me a "legit" fan nor not.
    I remember when MM was first released, it was more or less one those games you'd rent over the weekend. I happen to have bought the game the year it was released, but only by accident because my parents had no idea what I wanted for Christmas, they just saw that I had OoT, so they bought MM for me. It's not a bad game, it's really not.
    It's just funny the sudden surge of popularity the game has garnered the past 3-4 years.
    Wind Waker was when I saw the Zelda series on the rise again. People actually started talking about Zelda again in general.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

  13. #5163
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I simply believe a game becomes legitimately popular from people discovering it themselves rather than copying what someone else plays because it's "cool".
    That's hipster logic, don't be a hipster. As blaze boy said, all the matters is that people are playing and enjoying the game. If people are playing the game and saying they enjoy it to be part of some group, that's different. I don't think that's the case here.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #5164
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I remember when MM was first released, it was more or less one those games you'd rent over the weekend. I happen to have bought the game the year it was released, but only by accident because my parents had no idea what I wanted for Christmas, they just saw that I had OoT, so they bought MM for me. It's not a bad game, it's really not.
    It's just funny the sudden surge of popularity the game has garnered the past 3-4 years.
    Wind Waker was when I saw the Zelda series on the rise again. People actually started talking about Zelda again in general.
    Honestly, like blaze boy said, I'm one of those people that are just sick of Ocarina of Time overshadowing it. Ocarina is a great game, but saying it's the most solid game out there (but it's definitely one of them) and that its generic plot is the "ultimate" good vs evil plot is stretching it a bit. Whether the game became popular through YouTube doesn't really matter as long as people enjoy it. It's just finally getting the praise and publicity it deserves.
    Last edited by Ampy; 13th November 2012 at 10:59 PM.

  15. #5165
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Majora's Mask and Wind Waker
    I'm not going to argue MM, since I never finished it (wasn't a fan of the three days thing), but WW is not better, due to pacing. The sailing and Triforce quest really kill the flow of the game, and make the over world feel empty at times.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  16. #5166
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I'm not going to argue MM, since I never finished it (wasn't a fan of the three days thing), but WW is not better, due to pacing. The sailing and Triforce quest really kill the flow of the game, and make the over world feel empty at times.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Sure, but it also had more well developed characters, still looks gorgeous and will for years to come among many other things.

  17. #5167
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Honestly, like blaze boy said, I'm one of those people that are just sick of Ocarina of Time overshadowing it. Ocarina is a great game, but saying it's the most solid game out there (but it's definitely one of them) and that its generic plot is the "ultimate" good vs evil plot is stretching it a bit. Whether the game became popular through YouTube doesn't really matter as long as people enjoy it. It's just finally getting the praise and publicity it deserves.
    I think one thing we can all definitely agree on is OoT and MM are better than the CD-i games, or Zelda II.
    Not disrespecting the classics, but those didn't feel like Zelda games to me.
    It really shouldn't matter as long as the player does enjoy it. You're right, I can just get a bit skeptical at times.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

  18. #5168
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I don't think that Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda out there, but it is definitely top 5. OoT laid the pattern for later Zelda games. Twilight Princess has the same basic map pattern.

    Personally, if MM came out before OoT it would be the greatest game of all time

  19. #5169
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    884

    Default

    What would you guys think of a Legend of Zelda game where Zelda was the main character

    ~

  20. #5170
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    What would you guys think of a Legend of Zelda game where Zelda was the main character
    If it did happen, I'd imagine it would be directed to a mostly female audience.
    I don't see Zelda going on the same adventures Link does. It would more than likely have a bad gimmick to it.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

  21. #5171
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    What would you guys think of a Legend of Zelda game where Zelda was the main character
    what is "wand of gamalon"
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  22. #5172
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    what is "wand of gamalon"
    Don't forget Zelda's Adventure.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  23. #5173
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    what is "wand of gamalon"
    One of the worst games ever.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  24. #5174
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    What would you guys think of a Legend of Zelda game where Zelda was the main character
    But Zelda is the main character, always has been since day one.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  25. #5175
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Replaying Twilight Princess and the game seems harder than I remembered it to be :x

    it is still just as fun, maybe I'm not use to playing my Wii (haven't played in over 6 months)

Page 207 of 267 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •