181 25.82%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.68%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.65%
  • Others

223 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 209 of 275 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6859

Thread: Zelda games discussion

We've got some more info on the new Hyrule Historia. This is the new cover as seen on Amazon.com, but as you can see it's sold out already due to it being limited to only 4,000 copies.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    We've got some more info on the new Hyrule Historia. This is the new cover as seen on Amazon.com, but as you can see it's sold out already due to it being limited to only 4,000 copies.
    Have we discovered why it seemingly has less content?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Check out this sick Zelda belt buckle and hat I am getting my bestie for christmas
    this is the hat
    8008.jpg
    and the belt buckle http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/N...t_Buckle_Zelda
    apparently i can only show a picture of one.

Does anyone know where I can get some more Zelda stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Have we discovered why it seemingly has less content?
    No, my last post outlines pretty much all of the latest news we received from Dark Horse about the Limited Edition.
    The last time I checked, the only place it was available for pre-order was here. Every other retailer is either sold out or doesn't stock it, going by the list Dark Horse has given us.

EDIT: The above link is now displaying it as Out of Stock. Just goes to show how fast these are selling.

Here's the list in its entirety and the availability as of time of editing (19:08 GMT)

Nintendo World Store (doesn't have an online store)
    Think Geek (not currently listing either versions)
    Things From Another World (SOLD OUT)
    Forbidden Planet UK (only listing standard edition)
    PBM Holland (only listing standard edition)
    Amazon.com (SOLD OUT)
    Barnes & Noble (SOLD OUT)
    Last edited by Poetry; 28th November 2012 at 8:31 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Well that's good to see, if one likes stuff like this. It shows publishers that there is a market for stuff like this internationally.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    No, my last post outlines pretty much all of the latest news we received from Dark Horse about the Limited Edition.
    The last time I checked, the only place it was available for pre-order was here. Every other retailer is either sold out or doesn't stock it, going by the list Dark Horse has given us.

EDIT: The above link is now displaying it as Out of Stock. Just goes to show how fast these are selling.

Here's the list in its entirety and the availability as of time of editing (19:08 GMT)

Nintendo World Store (doesn't have an online store)
    Think Geek (not currently listing either versions)
    Things From Another World (SOLD OUT)
    Forbidden Planet UK (only listing standard edition)
    PBM Holland (only listing standard edition)
    Amazon.com (SOLD OUT)
    Barnes & Noble (SOLD OUT)
    Amazon.co.uk still has some for a low price of Ł16.63 but I think it's just the standard edition

Actually what exactly is the different between the standard edition and limited edition?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Well that's good to see, if one likes stuff like this. It shows publishers that there is a market for stuff like this internationally.
    Agreed.

I just wish that Game Freak would do a Pokémon "Hyrule Historia". I would love to see what goes into making a pokémon game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do one.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Actually what exactly is the different between the standard edition and limited edition?
    Right now, we know the differences to be the publishing run - the limited edition is limited to only 4,000 copies - a leather cover and gold-trimmed pages. There is actually an apparent page number discrepancy between the two that hasn't quite been accounted for yet.

-----
    Words to|live by

Right now, we know the differences to be the publishing run - the limited edition is limited to only 4,000 copies - a leather cover and gold-trimmed pages. There is actually an apparent page number discrepancy between the two that hasn't quite been accounted for yet.
    It's not even real leather. It's imitation.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Couldn't get the Lon-Lon cow leather through customs.

-----
    Words to|live by

On the plus side, it will age better this way.

I'm beginning to think that the only differences between the two are the aesthetic differences. I don't suppose that Nintendo will put certain bits of concept art/Zelda info exclusively in the Limited Edition, seeing as everyone who didn't get the Limited Edition is going to see it anyway through the internet, as happened with the Japanese Hyrule Historia.
    So on that basis... I'm just going to get the standard edition. I'm not too fussed about the limited edition but it would be nice to have the set of all three versions. Anyways the P&P some websites are charging to the UK are just ludicrous.

EDIT: some interesting news from this site. Apparently a lot of the limited edition orders are being cancelled due to lack of stock.
    Last edited by Poetry; 2nd December 2012 at 9:05 AM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Amazon UK and Forbidden Planet are now listing the limited edition version of Hyrule Historia. I've pre-ordered it with Amazon, due to the cheaper price and free postage (FP have terrible postage charges to Ireland, so I only buy from there when I can't find the item elsewhere).

e: Woooooooooooooooooow. It's now sold out from FP.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 5th December 2012 at 6:29 PM.

Oh god, I'm so incredibly tempted to buy this but I know I have to act fast because it's probably going to sell out in about an hour or so. Is this really worth spending my money on?

EDIT: Damn it, something just took hold of me and I completed the transaction in about ten seconds before I could stop myself. At least I'll have a long period to think it over before it gets dispatched.
    Oh, and thank you for putting that up, I'd given up searching quite recently.
    Last edited by Poetry; 5th December 2012 at 8:51 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Too late all 4000 of them are gone and yeah it is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Amazon UK and Forbidden Planet are now listing the limited edition version of Hyrule Historia. I've pre-ordered it with Amazon, due to the cheaper price and free postage (FP have terrible postage charges to Ireland, so I only buy from there when I can't find the item elsewhere).

e: Woooooooooooooooooow. It's now sold out from FP.
    Ł39.14 for a limited edition that has a fancier cover and what more pages than the standard edition that Amazon is selling for Ł16.63...

Yeah I will just stick with my pre-ordered standard edition, unless Amazon drops the price.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Ł39.14 for a limited edition that has a fancier cover and what more pages than the standard edition that Amazon is selling for Ł16.63...

Yeah I will just stick with my pre-ordered standard edition, unless Amazon drops the price.
    The standard edition has eight more pages, but it doesn't seem to be clear why.

I thought it was more because of the SS magna.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I thought it was more because of the SS magna.
    No, both editions should have the manga, it doesn't really make sense to leave it out of the limited edition.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I started playing LoZ pretty late so I have only played like 3 games
    But LoZ Ocarina of Time and Spirit Tracks awesome

My boss brought in some DS games the other week and gave them to me because he knew I had a DS. Bunch of crap but two gems The Curious Village and Phantom Hourglass. Pretty exciting. But I get them home and all the cases are empty except Curious Village and some crap game. Told him and he said he would look. Was so disappointed too, been wanting to play Phantom Hourglass for a while now.

I picked up Ocarina of Time for $20 bucks at Best Buy, put it under the tree for myself. Had to pick that up, especially for that price, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are two games that completely changed how much I played my N64!
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

I just reaslized;
    With the Collector's Edition being released on GameCube, and then TP being released on the Wii, what are the odds that our first Wii U Zelda will be a remake/port?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    With the Collector's Edition being released on GameCube, and then TP being released on the Wii, what are the odds that our first Wii U Zelda will be a remake/port?
    Very minimal.

The Collector's Edition doesn't count for anything. It was emulated games on a disc given away as a pre-order. A party favor, basically.

Twilight Princess was as rare of a scenario as you'll find in a major Nintendo franchise, where a core entry in a major franchise had a development period so long that it actually bled into the launch window of new hardware. That being the case, Nintendo saw and wisely took the opportunity to port the game to the new hardware, complete with controls to match its "revolutionary" new motion controller, to give the Wii the rarest of benefits, an actual core Zelda title at launch. Oh and then they quietly released the game for its original platform a month or so later, to crickets and whispers.

The former doesn't truly count as a "game" for that hardware, and the latter was a perfect storm of delayed software and new hardware the likes of which we are unlikely to see again.

-----
    Words to|live by

Very minimal.
    Neat.

The Collector's Edition doesn't count for anything. It was emulated games on a disc given away as a pre-order. A party favor, basically.
    This, I did not know.

Oh and then they quietly released the game for its original platform a month or so later, to crickets and whispers.
    This too I did not know.

The former doesn't truly count as a "game" for that hardware, and the latter was a perfect storm of delayed software and new hardware the likes of which we are unlikely to see again.
    Huh. I'm almost saddened by that, HD remakes would be lovely, but if it means a new one faster than I'm all for it.

This, I did not know.
    Yes. It was a pre-order bonus with The Wind Waker, as opposed to an actual retail release.

This too I did not know.
    Also yes. The GameCube version quietly released close to the Wii version in most territories.

Huh. I'm almost saddened by that, HD remakes would be lovely, but if it means a new one faster than I'm all for it.
    "HD remakes" wouldn't necessarily mean a new Zelda comes any slower, but mining past titles for rerelease as anything but largely unchanged digital releases, as on the Virtual Console, is something they've avoided for the most part so far. Unless it's something they can fully port to new hardware and charge you full price for, as is the case with certain past titles and their recent ports.

-----
    Words to|live by

Yes. It was a pre-order bonus with The Wind Waker, as opposed to an actual retail release.
    They also released it as a pack-in with the GCN down the line. At some point or other, I don't know when that started or ended, specifically.

Page 209 of 275 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast