177 25.54%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.82%
  • Ocarina of Time

290 41.85%
  • Others

220 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 213 of 268 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 6699

Thread: Zelda games discussion

So...Zelda with the dungeons in any order? It seems odd, any ideas on how you think it might work?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I have been proven to be a fool with this tidbit of new info...

I suppose that the Tingle Tuner could be used with the Gamepad. Maybe they'll upgrade the usefulness.
    Tingle Tuner Co-OP to go full speed. Have the main player with a WiiMotion+ Controller, I cannot stress how important it is for me to get wind waker baton controls with it, and the secondary player using the Upad for the tuner. I'm telling you, its a perfect setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Guys. I've done it.

I made the graffix even moar HD for the modern 2013 consumer

Spoiler:
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, and I approve of your work of art.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I have been proven to be a fool with this tidbit of new info...

I suppose that the Tingle Tuner could be used with the Gamepad. Maybe they'll upgrade the usefulness.
    That could work pretty well, I think. Can't imagine them doing it any other way, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Guys. I've done it.

Spoiler:
    Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Tingle Tuner Co-OP to go full speed. Have the main player with a WiiMotion+ Controller, I cannot stress how important it is for me to get wind waker baton controls with it, and the secondary player using the Upad for the tuner. I'm telling you, its a perfect setup.
    I'd rather they just support the Gamepad and Pro Controller. Not a fan of motion controls, especially for a game not designed to accommodate them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That could work pretty well, I think. Can't imagine them doing it any other way, really.

Derp.

I'd rather they just support the Gamepad and Pro Controller. Not a fan of motion controls, especially for a game not designed to accommodate them.
    I'm not saying motion controls for everything, just the wind waker. But yeah, pro controller is fine too.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I'm not saying motion controls for everything, just the wind waker. But yeah, pro controller is fine too.
    I wouldn't mind that so much, actually. If they do use the Wii remote, but only used motion for conducting that would be fine. I probably still wouldn't bother with it though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I wouldn't mind that so much, actually. If they do use the Wii remote, but only used motion for conducting that would be fine. I probably still wouldn't bother with it though.
    TBH, im a button masher.
    The less, "work" i have to do while playing a game the better. (which is part of the reason that OoT is my fave.)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Wind Waker U looks beautiful. The game didn't really appeal to me before but now that it looks brighter and bolder, well, I'm interested. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the next Zelda Wii U game with Skyward Sword graphics if it looks like this.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Wind Waker U looks beautiful. The game didn't really appeal to me before but now that it looks brighter and bolder, well, I'm interested. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the next Zelda Wii U game with Skyward Sword graphics if it looks like this.
    Windwaker is a fantastic game, you've got a while before WWR comes out, so I highly recommend playing it now. The music and graphics are beautiful, and it all holds up so well.

I dunno about you but "charm" is the last thing I think of when looking over the screenshots from today's Direct.
    Eh, I do have to admit that a lot of my excitement comes from my nostalgic feelings of the game. As I said before, if the changes are good enough, I can look the other way at the graphics. I guess I'm just not one to look at a game's graphical capabilities and more at gameplay and story.

I always thought it was kind of bizarre, but I really don't think they'll add a whole new dungeon for it. I could see them making turning Jabun's little cave into a mini-dungeon as a possibility, though. A full proper dungeon with a boss an everything would just seem like too much (not that I'm against it, but I just think that they wouldn't want to change that much).

As long as they make the Triforce quest easier I'll be happy.
    ANYTHING would be better than Jabun saying "Oh, here you go!".

We best be getting MM for the 3DS soon, though.
    Actually, that brings up a great point. Why the hell DIDN'T they just save this for a 3DS remake? I think it could (with some effort) work on the 3DS with the original art-style intact. In fact, they could have released MM and WW to create their own little "remake" trilogy. It also makes sense as WW is a prequel to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Guys. I've done it.

Needs more lens flare.

So...Zelda with the dungeons in any order? It seems odd, any ideas on how you think it might work?
    Actually, I could see it like this: You go to a particular area (like Death Mountain) with an ultimate task of saving it from whatever is plaguing it. You could do little mini-missions related to the area without having to do them all at once. Think of it as Zelda meets Grand Theft Auto meets Sonic Unleashed. It sounds stupid as hell, but that's because I'm not explaining it right.

And the games weren't completely 100% linear. I do recall that you had SOME ability to deviate in OoT with the Adult Link dungeons, but it was just easier if you went a certain way.

You could skip around in the original. In my second quest I started like this: dungeon 2,1,4,6,3,7,5 then back to in order. Basically ran around in the overworked like a chicken with its head cut off, come across a dungeon, and go in- no matter which one it was
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!
    DON'T TRADE WITH Dj!/Dj2K HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF A SHINY FOR HIS SHINY MEW, WHICH WAS HACKED, AND WAS RUDE TO ME WHEN ASKED TO TRADE BACK!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES!!!

Seriously though guys, despite my silly complaining about small things, I'm so happy to see this come out. The story of the Wind Waker was just what the OoT lover in me wanted. I gotta be honest, I never was gaga over the "Celda" style, but it did fit in with what the game was supposed to be presenting.

An HD remake of this is more than welcome - I'm only hoping they do tweak something - make a new dungeon to replace that annoying Triforce Fetch Quest.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Definitely getting WWU. Is it just a remake?
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!
    DON'T TRADE WITH Dj!/Dj2K HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF A SHINY FOR HIS SHINY MEW, WHICH WAS HACKED, AND WAS RUDE TO ME WHEN ASKED TO TRADE BACK!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Yeah, but they'll probably be some minor QOL improvements.

So, Nintendo, what about that "original" legend of zelda game you claimed you were working on for the Nintendo 3ds? Hm?
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809
    IGN: Magnicth

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You check your mail, and you have a letter from that neighbor, with a gift. And you know what it is? It's a ****ing apple, because they aren't native to your town, but you already have apple a bunch of apples!
    I have claimed Relicanth!!!

^credit to PKMNrookie for the userbar!^

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darenix View Post
    Yeah, but they'll probably be some minor QOL improvements.
    They stated they're going to 'tune up the overall game experience'. That's what has me most worried. I don't like meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOverlord777 View Post
    So, Nintendo, what about that "original" legend of zelda game you claimed you were working on for the Nintendo 3ds? Hm?
    This Nintendo Direct was all about the Wii U, naturally they weren't going to talk about 3DS games.

They stated they're going to 'tune up the overall game experience'. That's what has me most worried. I don't like meddling.
    I just assume that they was going to add the thing that was originally was cut to meet deadline.

Anyway hearing this new made me change my mind and pick up a Wii U in the summer, Man I can't wait until E3.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I don't really think they're going to add any major content, this is a game meant to be put out relatively quickly to hold people over. Now before some of you get your panties in a bunch I'm not saying it's rushed, just that I doubt they're spending the usual amount of time on it.

just that I doubt they're spending the usual amount of time on it.
    But... based on what? They could have had this in development a year ago, and we'd have had no idea.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    But... based on what? They could have had this in development a year ago, and we'd have had no idea.
    I'm guessing they definitely had this in development a year ago from the sounds of what Aonuma said in the Nintendo Direct. He mentioned that it basically came about from the experiments they were doing with different art styles while beginning work on the original title. Two years or so isn't a very long development time where Zelda is concerned.

Also, I think Iwata or Aonuma would have mentioned that they were adding new content, rather than saying they were doing a 'tune-up'.

I'm guessing they definitely had this in development a year ago from the sounds of what Aonuma said in the Nintendo Direct. He mentioned that it basically came about from the experiments they were doing with different art styles while beginning work on the original title.
    Okay. So what's your basis for thinking this won't have a long enough development cycle?

Two years or so isn't a very long development time where Zelda is concerned.
    From scratch? No. But this game isn't strictly being designed from scratch, as I'm sure you well know.

I'm just curious from where the concern arises that the game isn't going to spend enough time in development.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Okay. So what's your basis for thinking this won't have a long enough development cycle?

From scratch? No. But this game isn't strictly being designed from scratch, as I'm sure you well know.

I'm just curious from where the concern arises that the game isn't going to spend enough time in development.
    I have no such concern. Merely saying I don't think they're spending time on it to add new content. Besides new control schemes and little things like that. I'm talking more along the lines of no new dungeons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOverlord777 View Post
    It would never happen but I wouldn't mind seeing WW on the 3DS.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    It would never happen but I wouldn't mind seeing WW on the 3DS.
    It's much harder to revel in its beauty on a smaller screen, though.

It's much harder to revel in its beauty on a smaller screen, though.
    Yeah, like I said, it'll never happen. But I don't think it would be that bad on the 3DS Xl.......idk, brain fart.
    #AlphaSapphire

The first thing they need to improve is the speed of the King of Red Lions, X2 or X3 sounds good. That or make the distance between islands shorter or fix the warping locations.

Oh and Tingle triforce hunting and a whole other list of problems that I hope they fix.

Page 213 of 268 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast