View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
699. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    180 25.75%
  • Wind Waker

    173 24.75%
  • Ocarina of Time

    292 41.77%
  • Others

    222 31.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 219 of 275 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 6856

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #5451
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, I mean rings.
    So your life gauge isn't measured by hearts?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  2. #5452
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    So your life gauge isn't measured by hearts?
    Yes, it is. There are rings you get that you can equip, they have different effects.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #5453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Never played the Game Boy Zelda games, I was hooked to Pokémon back then. I downloaded Link's Awakening a while back and it was great and I can't wait to play the Oracle games. That said, I have a few questions. Which one should you start with? Which of the two is more difficult? How does the password system work?
    It honestly doesn't matter which you start with. I personally did it both ways, and in all honesty the difference is negligible. I prefer starting with Ages, and then moving onto Seasons, solely because the Roc's Cape (which is the upgraded version of the Roc's Feather from Link's Awakening) is fairly useful in the fight with Ganon. It's not mandatory though.

    Having played both, I can say that I've found that Ages is actually the more difficult of the two; Seasons is a cake walk compared to it. Even so, it's not THAT hard, but easily the harder of the two (IMO).

    Passwords literally don't come into play until after you beat your first game. Once you beat it, you get a password that you can take to the second game, which will essentially, for lack of a better term, give you a New Game Plus. You'll still play through the second game, but you'll have access to the secret linked ending, and characters from the first game will cross over to the second.

    Once you beat the first game, you'll also have NPCs start telling you passwords, which will allow you to get special items in the second game (upgraded shield, Master Sword, Biggoron's Sword, etc.). They'll basically tell you who to tell the password to in the second game, you go to that character, give them the password, and unlock your thing in the second game. Once you unlock your thing though, it also gives you a second password, which can be used to get the same item in the first game.

    It may seem confusing, but once you see it in practice it's not that complicated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I've heard Seasons is more difficult since its more puzzle focused, but having never played I can't verify that for sure.
    You've got it mixed up my friend, Ages is actually the more puzzle focused of the two, and thus the more difficult. Seasons is the more combat focused one.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  4. #5454
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You've got it mixed up my friend, Ages is actually the more puzzle focused of the two, and thus the more difficult. Seasons is the more combat focused one.
    Oh, well there you go. Goes to show how well I remember what I read.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #5455
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, it is. There are rings you get that you can equip, they have different effects.
    Okay, there I go making a Sonic the Hedgehog reference and now I'm totally confused.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  6. #5456
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Okay, there I go making a Sonic the Hedgehog reference and now I'm totally confused.
    Think Medals from Skyward Sword but with a lot more variety. I've never played the Oracle games myself either but you can get the general idea of them from here.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  7. #5457
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    The Oracle games were definitely brilliant; I was worried that Nintendo was going the way of Pokemon and making two virtually identical games with minor changes. How wrong I was. Not only were they completely unique games that could link together to unlock secrets and the hidden secret ending, but the order in which you played them actually made a difference, since whichever one you played second after linking would have characters from the first game crossing over to the world of the second game. So there was something to gain from going Seasons -> Ages, and then Ages -> Seasons.

    ...Though personally I prefer doing Seasons second, for no reason other than having the Roc's Cape for the fight with Twinrova/Ganon.
    Nintendo didn't actually make them, Capcom did. There are also rumours that they are considering letting other people develope or co-develope Zelda (& other Ninty) games due to them wanting to save some money on costs.

  8. #5458
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Unova Region
    Posts
    166

    Default

    The Roc's Cape is convenient for those two...
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

    I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

    PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

  9. #5459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arronishere View Post
    Nintendo didn't actually make them, Capcom did. There are also rumours that they are considering letting other people develope or co-develope Zelda (& other Ninty) games due to them wanting to save some money on costs.
    Yeah, okay. Granted, that's a minor detail though; the underlying point was still the same.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  10. #5460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arronishere View Post
    There are also rumours that they are considering letting other people develope or co-develope Zelda (& other Ninty) games due to them wanting to save some money on costs.
    Those aren't rumors, they're just common sense. The handheld entries for giant franchises like Zelda, which don't quite get the fanfare and don't quite have the complexity or density of their console counterparts, are routinely handed to smaller subsidiary development studios for some or even most of the development work. Ocarina 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and others were similarly handled in part or mostly by smaller studios in that vein.


    Quote Originally Posted by arronishere View Post
    Nintendo didn't actually make them, Capcom did.
    A studio jointly funded by Nintendo, Sega and Capcom did. The same studio is credited on other Nintendo handheld titles as well. Not quite the same as Capcom proper.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  11. #5461
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arronishere View Post
    Nintendo didn't actually make them, Capcom did. There are also rumours that they are considering letting other people develope or co-develope Zelda (& other Ninty) games due to them wanting to save some money on costs.
    Not a rumor, Grezzo covered most of OoT3D and did all the work for four swords on DSiware. Likely helping out Aonuma with either Windwaker or 3DS Zelda, I doubt they can stretch themselves over 3 games, even if one is in the late conceptual early development stage.
    BLAH

  12. #5462
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Zelda GameCube Twilight Princess, possible AUDIO problem?

    Hi everyone,

    I came across a user's thread when searching my problem.

    A mysterious audio distortion when playing Zelda ( !?)

    ToxicTwinkie(something or other) posted a thread saying that specific sounds in the game trigger audio distortion. I am having the same problem tonight and I'm worried it might be the TV's issue (in which case I'd be so relieved to hear this is a common Zelda CG game problem). Let's see if Twinkie or any other users are having similar effects?

    While the serebii user posted about the crackling speaker during the Twilight Princess title menu screen, or when Twilits / Baddies appear, he mentioned that the broken sound is difficult to pinpoint. Same for me too. (I have a Visio HDTV if that helps. Maybe it's just the TV?)

    ANYHOO, my "crackling" happened first when the boulders flew down from the sky on the foot of the mountain (a cut scene triggered an extended crackling but I'd just thought the game was using some kind of firework/sparkler--sounding soundeffect). My speakers are never up loud because I have roommates so I know it wasn't that kind of issue. Later, when I used the magnets in the Eldin/Death Mountain region's earlier dungeon, it briefly made quiet crackly noises. Lastly, some magma spurring boulders did it once more.

    I keep trying to recreate this sound but it's a very specific pitch that will trigger it. I have yet to find a TV program with dialogue between someone with a low enough voice to trigger the noise so that I might test for the sound outside of when we play Twilight Princess. Another test was done on my other console. My XBOX has sounded perfect with Netflix programs, Skyrim, and some game trailers that had noise similar to the ZELDA dungeon noises. However that plugs in through HDMI and I think that might be the reason it's not giving issue.

    LONGSTORY SHORT:

    Please rely if Zelda: Twilight Princess for GAMECUBE has given you similar issues when played on an HDTV. I'm looking to find out if this is (A) a Zelda-centered issue, (B) a gamecube problem, or if (C) I have a broken connector adapter for my Gamecube or *GULP* (D) if I have to call my little brother and tell him I somehow corrupted the speakers on his beautiful Vizio HD television that he's kindly been storing at my place.

    PLEASE HELP, kind-hearted Zelda fans. I'm a moderately-low techsavvy girl who may be out quite a bit of money (or else, subject to years of relentless I-knew-I-couldn't-trust-you's from him instead) unless I can convince my brother that it seems to be a Zelda game defect.

    Share away!

  13. #5463
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabby Sheik View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I came across a user's thread when searching my problem.

    A mysterious audio distortion when playing Zelda ( !?)

    ToxicTwinkie(something or other) posted a thread saying that specific sounds in the game trigger audio distortion. I am having the same problem tonight and I'm worried it might be the TV's issue (in which case I'd be so relieved to hear this is a common Zelda CG game problem). Let's see if Twinkie or any other users are having similar effects?

    While the serebii user posted about the crackling speaker during the Twilight Princess title menu screen, or when Twilits / Baddies appear, he mentioned that the broken sound is difficult to pinpoint. Same for me too. (I have a Visio HDTV if that helps. Maybe it's just the TV?)

    ANYHOO, my "crackling" happened first when the boulders flew down from the sky on the foot of the mountain (a cut scene triggered an extended crackling but I'd just thought the game was using some kind of firework/sparkler--sounding soundeffect). My speakers are never up loud because I have roommates so I know it wasn't that kind of issue. Later, when I used the magnets in the Eldin/Death Mountain region's earlier dungeon, it briefly made quiet crackly noises. Lastly, some magma spurring boulders did it once more.

    I keep trying to recreate this sound but it's a very specific pitch that will trigger it. I have yet to find a TV program with dialogue between someone with a low enough voice to trigger the noise so that I might test for the sound outside of when we play Twilight Princess. Another test was done on my other console. My XBOX has sounded perfect with Netflix programs, Skyrim, and some game trailers that had noise similar to the ZELDA dungeon noises. However that plugs in through HDMI and I think that might be the reason it's not giving issue.

    LONGSTORY SHORT:

    Please rely if Zelda: Twilight Princess for GAMECUBE has given you similar issues when played on an HDTV. I'm looking to find out if this is (A) a Zelda-centered issue, (B) a gamecube problem, or if (C) I have a broken connector adapter for my Gamecube or *GULP* (D) if I have to call my little brother and tell him I somehow corrupted the speakers on his beautiful Vizio HD television that he's kindly been storing at my place.

    PLEASE HELP, kind-hearted Zelda fans. I'm a moderately-low techsavvy girl who may be out quite a bit of money (or else, subject to years of relentless I-knew-I-couldn't-trust-you's from him instead) unless I can convince my brother that it seems to be a Zelda game defect.

    Share away!
    I've had no issues. Visio is a terrible brand though, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV just sucked. Have you tried plugging speakers into it and seeing if they work?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #5464
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Anyone who hasn't played the oracle games is missing out.

    The games that got me into Zelda. Both are immensely awesome.

  15. #5465
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    OoX were my first Zeldas, and my favorite 2D ones. Sure LttP is great, but the experience of 16 dungeons on one cart spanning two OW that are vastly different is the greatest thing ever. I remember using gamespy to get the codes for the save swapping and having super glitchy names and what not. Borked my cartridge so many times. Always tried to get all the rings, and Holodrum and Labrynna are the only OW I know by heart.
    BLAH

  16. #5466
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    If I recall, my first LoZ game was Minish Cap and I loved it. Seeing as how I played more handheld games than console games, it's to be expected.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  17. #5467

    Default

    So we're going with our first Zelda games now? Mne would be a Link to the Past, though I cringe at how bad I was at it back then. Heck, I could barely find my way into some of the dungeons, let alone beat them.

    Nice to know I got better at these games.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  18. #5468
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    You know now that I remember it, Ocarina of Time actually was my first on my cousins N64. Was blown away with it, and loved Zelda ever since. But has it really been 15 years? Damn do I feel old. :C
    BLAH

  19. #5469
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    The first Zelda game I owned was Twilight Princess when the Wii just came out and I was in my first year of high-school (I know, I was really late to the party). Looking back and after playing almost every game in the franchise, I missed out on a lot. Still, Twilight Princess is my second favourite Zelda title (with Skyward Sword being my first, now let me change my poll option); I just adore its dark and gritty tone and would love to see another title use the game's art style.

    If we're talking about the first game we played, it would be Four Swords with my friend and his brother. When the Link to the Past port came out, he told me to bring my GameBoy Advance and Link Cable to his house after school on Friday. I don't remember much of playing it or being interested back then. I do recall the other times going over to his house constantly watching him play Majora's Mask. One day he finally gave me a turn and let me create my own file. I let the moon crash while I was still scampering around the village as Deku Link. Good times? No, not really so maybe I missed out for the better.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 25th February 2013 at 7:58 AM. Reason: First we played or owned?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  20. #5470
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    My first Zelda was Oracle of Seasons, didn't really know it was a series(no thanks to it being a sidestory Zelda) at that age. Ah well. Good times, regardless.


    Also, one time I was deciding between Pokemon 3 and ALttP+FS and went ALttP, that was pretty dumb. I don't care for ALttP.

  21. #5471
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    OOT was my first Zelda game. Still remains one of my favorite game of all time.

  22. #5472
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    I think my first was either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks... it was probably the latter as it had better box art than the former.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  23. #5473
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I think my first was either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks... it was probably the latter as it had better box art than the former.
    Wow, that is more disgusting than ParaChomp's story.

  24. #5474
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Wow, that is more disgusting than ParaChomp's story.
    I purchased both at the same time, couldn't decide which one to try first so I made a snap decision purely based on aesthetics. It was either that or toss a coin, I can't really see the difference.

    I ended up preferring PH over ST anyway.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  25. #5475

    Default

    Hm. In all honesty, I didn't really care for either of the DS Zelda games. There were a number of reasons, but it seems like there hasn't been a handheld Zelda game that left a big impression on me post-Oracles. PH and ST just felt so... weak. It seemed like the dungeons had so few enemies, and that there was more emphasis on gimmicks than anything. Mind you, they weren't bad games by any stretch, but... I dunno, they just didn't leave a lasting impression like most Zelda games I've played have done. ...That and I absolutely loathed and abhorred the Pan Flute thing in ST. Most annoying instrument to play in the series.

    The Minish Cap was better, although I found it to pale in comparison to the Oracles or Link's Awakening. Just seems like I haven't found a truly memorable handheld Zelda games since Oracles.

    Just my opinion though.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 219 of 275 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •