182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 222 of 275 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6860

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Hyrule Historia confirms a lot of things, right? I haven't opened mine yet, but I have read that the hero's shade is confirmed to be OoT link or at least its heavily implied to be.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Hyrule Historia confirms a lot of things, right? I haven't opened mine yet, but I have read that the hero's shade is confirmed to be OoT link or at least its heavily implied to be.
    I don't know how you managed to leave it unopened after receiving it, it's a fantastic read.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't know how you managed to leave it unopened after receiving it, it's a fantastic read.
    I managed to find a Special Edition one in store for literal pennies, and I'm in the middle of a move. I don't want absolutely anything to destroy it.
    BLAH

Don't underestimate the power of school. Not only have I not been able to find free time to read it but I have also left it at home away from where I am during school. Maybe now that I have a break this week I'll sink in. I really appreciated the concept art shown near the back. Pretty nifty stuff.

I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D quite a lot lately. The fishing minigame is very irritating. At least the pond looks wonderful in 3D, otherwise my patience wouldn't have lasted nearly as long.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D quite a lot lately. The fishing minigame is very irritating. At least the pond looks wonderful in 3D, otherwise my patience wouldn't have lasted nearly as long.
    Ah, the fishing minigame... I have a love/hate relationship with it. Though I definitely prefer it to TP's fishing minigame. That one just... didn't click with me.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Ah, the fishing minigame... I have a love/hate relationship with it. Though I definitely prefer it to TP's fishing minigame. That one just... didn't click with me.
    The TP one at least had a fish book, despite the controls. I still need a couple of the breeds, thanks for reminding me guys..
    BLAH

I only ever fished to get the items. After I had them, I never looked back.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

One thing TP can go screw itself for however is the awful roll goal. The completionist inside me dies a little every time I have to try it again and again......and again.....
    BLAH

One thing TP can go screw itself for however is the awful roll goal. The completionist inside me dies a little every time I have to try it again and again......and again.....
    Roll goal was a breeze compared to that hideous clawshot star game thing in Castle Town. It's pretty much impossible to aim properly with that strict a time limit. Pretty sure that there are worse mini-games in the series, though.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Roll goal was a breeze compared to that hideous clawshot star game thing in Castle Town. It's pretty much impossible to aim properly with that strict a time limit. Pretty sure that there are worse mini-games in the series, though.
    Really? I thought the STAR minigame was pitifully easy. It was one of those "First time, every time" games for me, on both difficulty levels... There's plenty of time to carefully aim so you're hitting long lines with every shot. It's if you just shoot haphazardly and only get 1-2 per shot that you'll run into problems.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I didn't think the STAR minigame was very difficult, either. I completed it on the second or third try.

I decided to move on from fishing in OoT; I'll come back to it later. I obtained the titular object just a few moments ago.

I don't remember having a lot of trouble with any of the minigames in Zelda. Some of them can be a little annoying, but I don't think I ever raged because of one.

Well I haven't got a chance to read mine since I have been busy with Uni work.

Whoa, whoa wait! There's a fishing mini game in Ocarina of Time? O_o;

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You're kidding right? There's a fishing hut in Lake Hylia with a surprisingly deep fishing game. It's actually a pretty popular story, one of the devs took it a little too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Well I haven't got a chance to read mine since I have been busy with Uni work.

Yes, and the Fishing Hole of TP is supposedly the very same one, considering how the granddaughter of the original fishing man owns it.
    BLAH

Yes, and the Fishing Hole of TP is supposedly the very same one, considering how the granddaughter of the original fishing man owns it.
    Granddaughter? I don't believe that was explicitly stated.

Really? I thought the STAR minigame was pitifully easy. It was one of those "First time, every time" games for me, on both difficulty levels... There's plenty of time to carefully aim so you're hitting long lines with every shot. It's if you just shoot haphazardly and only get 1-2 per shot that you'll run into problems.
    Oh, guess it was just me, then. I don't usually have the concentration skills or accuracy to successfully carry out such things, that's probably why.

Granddaughter? I don't believe that was explicitly stated.
    It's not explicitly stated but it's heavily implied. There's a picture of the man who runs the fishing game from OoT in her room and she also starts scratching herself if you look at it, which is an obvious throwback to the same man. I wouldn't say she's his granddaughter, though, more just distant relative, perhaps.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    It's not explicitly stated but it's heavily implied. There's a picture of the man who runs the fishing game from OoT in her room and she also starts scratching herself if you look at it, which is an obvious throwback to the same man. I wouldn't say she's his granddaughter, though, more just distant relative, perhaps.
    She is probably a descendant of his, I know; that's why I specifically questioned the granddaughter part of his post.

I always thought it was just wishful thinking on Hena's part. I mean, her dialogue when you look at the picture suggests that it'd be cool if she was a descendent of his, but she can't actually prove it.

Either way, s'not really important in the long run whether there's blood between them.

She is probably a descendant of his, I know; that's why I specifically questioned the granddaughter part of his post.
    Oh right, I thought you were questioning the actual blood ties between them, sorry.

I always thought it was just wishful thinking on Hena's part. I mean, her dialogue when you look at the picture suggests that it'd be cool if she was a descendent of his, but she can't actually prove it.
    True, but why would she have a picture of him in the first place? Considering the amount of time between the events of the two games (can't say for certain of course, but it's certainly a while) surely it would be more than just a coincidence.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

That's right, haven't actually played TP in ages. Descendant sure, but I would expect her to be at most 2 generations after him, OoT to TP is like what 100-120 years at most when it comes to time speculation?
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 3rd March 2013 at 9:50 PM.
    BLAH

OoT to TP is like what 100-120 years at most when it comes to time speculation?
    I think very rarely do we have official sources confirming the actual lengths of time between games. There's not exactly truckloads of information regarding that in the games themselves either, so your guess is as good as anyone else's.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Sure, but I doubt that there would be much time between OoT-MM-TP. Ganon's execution would be sometime before Link leaves Hyrule in the lost woods, Termina could eat up god knows how many years, an I doubt the Hero's Shade which is more then likely OoT Link is older then 50-60. But yeah, the lack of any basis sucks. Anyway, anyone else think the 2 gaps in the timeline marked with a - are the next era's represented in the next two games or at least whatever Zelda's we get this generation? I'm of course talking about the ones in Hyrule Hystoria, which was overseen by Nintendo themselves. I would assume the Child line would be on the Wii u, while the post Skyward Sword one would be on the 3DS like PH and ST. I mostly want them covered because I worry on how Nintendo would handle events outside of the given timeline, or basically in the futures of the 3 splits.
    BLAH

Sure, but I doubt that there would be much time between OoT-MM-TP. Ganon's execution would be sometime before Link leaves Hyrule in the lost woods, Termina could eat up god knows how many years, an I doubt the Hero's Shade which is more then likely OoT Link is older then 50-60. But yeah, the lack of any basis sucks. Anyway, anyone else think the 2 gaps in the timeline marked with a - are the next era's represented in the next two games or at least whatever Zelda's we get this generation? I'm of course talking about the ones in Hyrule Hystoria, which was overseen by Nintendo themselves. I would assume the Child line would be on the Wii u, while the post Skyward Sword one would be on the 3DS like PH and ST. I mostly want them covered because I worry on how Nintendo would handle events outside of the given timeline, or basically in the futures of the 3 splits.
    Pretty sure those just signify that a large amount of time passed, not that the next games we get will take place there. Specifically because Nintendo doesn't care about the timeline, which is pretty clear based on how it was sort of shoehorned together.

Page 222 of 275 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast