177 25.58%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.86%
  • Ocarina of Time

289 41.76%
  • Others

220 31.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 223 of 268 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 6699

Thread: Zelda games discussion

I dunno, I just find their segmentation weird for it to be just time passing. I mean if that was the case, it would just be there instead of the way its presented.
    http://zeldawiki.org/images/7/7c/Tim...e_Historia.jpg
    And even if they weren't, the era's of prosperity, chaos, and perhaps even the golden era could provide us with games. The timeline isn't shoehorned as much as you think it might be imo, the only reason why they had to go with a 3rd timeline is cause there would honestly be no way to fit them in the other 2. FS and FSA though are hilarious.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I dunno, I just find their segmentation weird for it to be just time passing. I mean if that was the case, it would just be there instead of the way its presented.
    Not necessarily, it's just gaps in the timeline. There has been no event in history referenced in a game to put something there.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The timeline isn't shoehorned as much as you think it might be imo
    That's just it, in your opinion. The timeline was made by Nintendo to appease fans and give some semblance of fanservice to them. Skyward Sword confirmed certain things about the timeline of events, but only ever spiritually and not much concretely. They don't have to follow it very strivtly and to be honest it would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.

Any of you guys ever watch Sugar Dome? Oh well, who cares? CAKE!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Two or less more weeks til GDC 2013, Man the anticipation is killing me, I just we'll see New Zelda 3DS games such as A brand new since WW Toon Link game in full 3D and Zelda Majora's Mask 3D. I just hope they will be at GDC to keep the us feeling famished after the releases of other big named 3DS games like Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing New Leaf, it can't be just Pokémon X & Y and Mario & Luigi 4 after this.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I just we'll see New Zelda 3DS games such as A brand new since WW Toon Link game in full 3D and Zelda Majora's Mask 3D.
    We're certainly not getting both of those at once. There's still nothing, anywhere, that says we're getting the latter, and if we ever do, it will be long after the former.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We're certainly not getting both of those at once. There's still nothing, anywhere, that says we're getting the latter, and if we ever do, it will be long after the former.
    Although I could see possibly a new 3ds zelda being released holiday season 2013. We already know they're pursuing it. I believe they've been working on it since 2011 so at that point it would have been in development for 2 years so its possible.
    "I see now the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" -Mewtwo

"Mew" -Mew

3DS Zelda is gonna happen this year. Nothing shows signs of it, but its the one thing missing from the 3DS, and it just feels right. Nothing major bar Pokemon is coming from Nintendo for the end of the year, and I would like to assume Zelda would be their second holiday title.
    BLAH

3DS Zelda is gonna happen this year. Nothing shows signs of it, but its the one thing missing from the 3DS, and it just feels right. Nothing major bar Pokemon is coming from Nintendo for the end of the year, and I would like to assume Zelda would be their second holiday title.
    I wouldn't count on it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

But...cake...

The new game doesn't seem to be coming out anytime soon and the Wind Waker remake seems like it will come out later this year at least.

Still...cake...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Exactly, Nintendo has a stellar lineup (At least for 3DS) this year that will see the release of Fire Emblem, Pokemon (In X&Y and Mystery Dungeon), Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi, Pikmin and Zelda this holiday season. They have absolutely zero reason to release a 3DS Zelda game alongside a Wii U Zelda game, even if one is just a remake, especially since they would directly influence sales because Nintendo's not releasing a brand spankin' new Zelda game any earlier than holiday this year not to mention we have no idea anything about the 3DS Zelda game other than Miyamoto's interest in relating it Link to the Past.

tl;dr Don't expect any more Zelda than we have this year. Wind Waker HD and if we're all lucky maybe the Oracle games, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I wouldn't count on it.
    And why not? Bar Windwaker, there's still some time before the mainline Zelda for Wii U. 2 Zelda's in one year isn't unprecedented, OoT3D and SS were in the same year but not in the same time frame, and I can see them using Windwaker as a push to get people interested on Zelda 3DS, which might lead to 3DS sales. Too much Zelda in a short timeframe? Maybe, but still within the realms of reason.
    BLAH

And why not? Bar Windwaker, there's still some time before the mainline Zelda for Wii U. 2 Zelda's in one year isn't unprecedented, OoT3D and SS were in the same year but not in the same time frame, and I can see them using Windwaker as a push to get people interested on Zelda 3DS, which might lead to 3DS sales. Too much Zelda in a short timeframe? Maybe, but still within the realms of reason.
    Honestly? I doubt we'll see a 3DS Zelda in 2013 at this rate, given we haven't heard ANYTHING about one. They might reveal one this year, maybe at E3, I could see that happening. But actually releasing it when we haven't really heard any news yet... Well, I have some doubts. Usually there's quite a lot of advanced warning when a new Zelda game is in the works, you know? It'd be nice, and it'd definitely be a sales booster, but I wonder how plausible it is.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Honestly? I doubt we'll see a 3DS Zelda in 2013 at this rate, given we haven't heard ANYTHING about one. They might reveal one this year, maybe at E3, I could see that happening. But actually releasing it when we haven't really heard any news yet... Well, I have some doubts. Usually there's quite a lot of advanced warning when a new Zelda game is in the works, you know? It'd be nice, and it'd definitely be a sales booster, but I wonder how plausible it is.
    Both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were revealed at GDC 2008 and 2010 respectively, with releases later that year, its not something strange for them to be revealed and released in the same year. Another reason why its likely coming this year is cause of nintendo's studio listings, and they were accurate concerning EAD3, with Zelda Wii U being listed as TBD with Zelda 3DS in 2013. I have to find it again, but its there.
    BLAH

Both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were revealed at GDC 2008 and 2010 respectively, with releases later that year, its not something strange for them to be revealed and released in the same year. Another reason why its likely coming this year is cause of nintendo's studio listings, and they were accurate concerning EAD3, with Zelda Wii U being listed as TBD with Zelda 3DS in 2013. I have to find it again, but its there.
    Personally both PH and ST felt incomplete to me, but that's neither here nor there I'd believe it, and I never claimed it was impossible for them to do so, I just find it a little... implausible, personally. But this is just my opinion.

On a semi-related note, I'd much rather a 3DS Zelda game be the next Link's Awakening/Oracle type games rather than the next PH/ST type games. By this I don't mean an appeal to nostalgia, I simply mean in terms of scale; the Game Boy Color Zelda games felt so much bigger than the DS ones. The DS ones... I've always felt like they were more focused on the gimmicks of utilizing the DS, they just didn't seem as memorable.

Also I will forever hate that Pan Flute or w/e it's called from Spirit Tracks. It was probably the least user-friendly instrument.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Nah the flute was fine, I loved playing the songs with the sages.
    BLAH

Nah the flute was fine, I loved playing the songs with the sages.
    Agreed. It's just a shame the songs themselves weren't as catchy as the ones from The Wind Waker (performances present in that game as well but to a lesser extent).

Anyways, we have heard very little about the progression of Zelda 3DS and I don't really think we're going to hear anything from it until E3. When it does, we'll get an announcement, a trailer, and maybe a mention of Zelda Wii U and a piece of concept art or something if we're lucky. Can't particularly say for certain which one would come out first, but as it has already been mentioned, the 3DS has a bunch of quality games to look forward to in the future, while the Wii U is looking relatively bleak in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Agreed. It's just a shame the songs themselves weren't as catchy as the ones from The Wind Waker (performances present in that game as well but to a lesser extent).

Anyways, we have heard very little about the progression of Zelda 3DS and I don't really think we're going to hear anything from it until E3. When it does, we'll get an announcement, a trailer, and maybe a mention of Zelda Wii U and a piece of concept art or something if we're lucky. Can't particularly say for certain which one would come out first, but as it has already been mentioned, the 3DS has a bunch of quality games to look forward to in the future, while the Wii U is looking relatively bleak in comparison.
    Zelda Wii U is in the conceptual stages and they're still trying out art styles, no way are we in for anything Wii U this year.
    BLAH

Also I will forever hate that Pan Flute or w/e it's called from Spirit Tracks. It was probably the least user-friendly instrument.
    It really is terrible.

Zelda Wii U is in the conceptual stages and they're still trying out art styles, no way are we in for anything Wii U this year.
    That's why he said it'd just get a mention and maybe some concept art. At this point they're probably close to finalizing a style.

It really is terrible.
    Oh good, I was worried that I was the only one who hated that instrument, which would've implied I'm just incredibly picky.

Oh good, I was worried that I was the only one who hated that instrument, which would've implied I'm just incredibly picky.
    No, I love Spirit Tracks, bit every time I had to play that stupid flute... I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make a mechanic where you either have to wind yourself or render the screen invisible.

No, I love Spirit Tracks, bit every time I had to play that stupid flute... I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make a mechanic where you either have to wind yourself or render the screen invisible.
    Well, you can still see a little bit of the flute on the top screen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Well, you can still see a little bit of the flute on the top screen, right?
    If you cross your eyes a bit, maybe.

How close are you guys to the screen? I blew into my 3DS mic from a distance, which is on the bottom of the handheld not in the middle, and I was fine, I didn't need it to be so close to my face.
    BLAH

Mightn't that be the issue people had with it? That they were playing on a DS/Lite/i/XL, where the microphone was located in the center?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 223 of 268 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast