182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 227 of 275 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 6866

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The numerous little throwbacks to the original game are nice, too.
    Yeah, same here but what bothered me was the boss as it was from a Link to the Past (the arena no less). I know that there's still some time but I hope that they don't recycle the majority of a Link to the Past's bosses and that the newer ones are challenging.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Crap, like I feared, no arrow ammo. At least it takes a huge chunk of the magic bar to compensate. Otherwise, everything else is what I expected for the bottom screen. I love how the boss is outside and doesn't have some chamber or otherwise after it, much like ST and SS boss rooms. What little we hear of the music is also pretty damn great, and something tells me the soundtrack is gonna hit all the right notes for me.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, same here but what bothered me was the boss as it was from a Link to the Past (the arena no less). I know that there's still some time but I hope that they don't recycle the majority of a Link to the Past's bosses and that the newer ones are challenging.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. Initially when I first saw it on Direct I was fretting because it seemed like they were simply going for the remake route again instead of making an original game, but I think I've got faith in Nintendo to utilise enough new features to constitute a new title but also to reuse enough elements from the original to make it a proper sequel. I want this to be more like how Spirit Tracks was a sequel to Phantom Hourglass, rather than how Black 2 was a sequel to Black.

But I don't know if it was the game or the person playing it, but Moldorm's battle appeared to be significantly easier than it was on the original.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

SO considering how its set after LttP, and in extension Oo(S/A) and LA, where in the timeline do you guys think its gonna fit. I mean is it gonna be in the golden age set years after but before the triforce using monarchy, or right after link returns from his travels in Holodrum and Labrynna?
    BLAH

Okay I'm stuck, I'm playing Four Swords Anniversary edition and I'm at Realms of memories door 2 level 3 and have all the keys except the one you get from the statue puzzle. I can get them all from the right, but I can't get access to the left. What do I do?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    SO considering how its set after LttP, and in extension Oo(S/A) and LA, where in the timeline do you guys think its gonna fit. I mean is it gonna be in the golden age set years after but before the triforce using monarchy, or right after link returns from his travels in Holodrum and Labrynna?
    Don't care about the timeline. Never have, never will but I think it will most likely take place after a Link to the Past and that division will continue as follows with the Oracle titles.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Agreed. It's supposed to be a sequel not a remake. I'm sure it will have plenty to differentiate with the original. The grass area they showed off in the Nintendo Direct was also nearly exactly like one from the original (never played A Link to the Past, so I don't know the name of the area, sorry), but as you said, there's still time.

Maybe the game has time travel, which could explain why it is so similar to A Link to the Past.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Agreed. It's supposed to be a sequel not a remake. I'm sure it will have plenty to differentiate with the original. The grass area they showed off in the Nintendo Direct was also nearly exactly like one from the original (never played A Link to the Past, so I don't know the name of the area, sorry), but as you said, there's still time.

Maybe the game has time travel, which could explain why it is so similar to A Link to the Past.
    If the grass area to which you referred is part of the overworld, then there isn't really much they can do with it without completely changing the geography of Hyrule. They did state that the game is set in the same world, so as long as the layout of the overworld isn't exactly the same, I don't mind if the look of the areas is similar.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I would expect the over world to be mostly similar with some changes to the enemies and people present the dungeons should have completely new designs and puzzles. I have not played the previous games so I don't care too much if it's the same or not though I really do like the graphics seen in the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    If the grass area to which you referred is part of the overworld, then there isn't really much they can do with it without completely changing the geography of Hyrule. They did state that the game is set in the same world, so as long as the layout of the overworld isn't exactly the same, I don't mind if the look of the areas is similar.
    Yeah, that's true. Like how Black 2/White 2 are sequels to BW, but have similar areas.

It's fine as long as there are still many new areas, or areas from the original that have received significant changes, which I'm sure it will probably have.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I'm not a fan of the top down display, but I loved A Link to the Past so I'll be picking this up.

I wish they would have changed the camera angle to something similar to the ds games, I hate how you can only see the tops of things.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

The game is built around being top-down though, it's not going to hinder the gameplay at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The new Zelda game sparked my interest in this series, so I've been going back and looking into other Zelda games. I already have 1, 2, and Minish Cap through the 3DS Ambassador Program, so I've been playing Minish Cap and liking that game (I'm at the Palace of Winds right now), but I've watched some gameplay of most of the others. Based on the videos, I think I'd like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, so I'm going to pick those up when I have the chance. Unfortunately, I'm broke, so that may not be anytime soon (fine time to be broke, too, now that all of the good stuff is coming).

In regards to the current conversation, I don't care if it's top down or behind the back, as long as the dungeon design is mazelike and puzzlely, I'm happy. And the dungeon shown in the trailer has plenty of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I like the flat Link ability in the trailer, but I am really excited about the orange haired link that was seen in the oracle games... He is one of my favorite Link incarnations. <3
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Like how Black 2/White 2 are sequels to BW, but have similar areas.

It's fine as long as there are still many new areas, or areas from the original that have received significant changes, which I'm sure it will probably have.
    As am I.

Already intrigued by the "entering walls" aspect of the game. I wonder if in time it could be used to move between realms.

How much do we know about the bottom screen will it just be used for selecting items?

What we know is equal precisely to the amount of footage that's available, some of which has been direct-feed and what isn't has been focused primarily on the upper screen, as you might imagine.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The bottom screen is in the style of Ocarina of Time 3D with items and a map. There's a stamina bar and that's all we know. Now we wait.

gets out 500 page trade of New Avengers

Stamina from SS has been reintroduced??? I wonder if they will bring back some other innovations from past games... (Animals to ride, the ability to jump, and some of PH's touchscreen controls- like tracing out the path of your boomerang, and OOT's lock-on L-taqrgeting mechanism) just a few of my favorites
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Stamina from SS has been reintroduced???
    We don't know as there could be a chance that's a magic meter, which hasn't been seen since Wind Waker.

and some of PH's touchscreen controls- like tracing out the path of your boomerang,
    That will be a big fat no as the touch screen is the items menu.

and OOT's lock-on L-taqrgeting mechanism)
    You don't need L-targeting in a 2-D Zelda game, so that's a no.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Personally, I hope they don't bring back stamina. It's a game and I want to be able to run/roll forever.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Personally, I hope they don't bring back stamina.
    This pretty much.

The stamina made sense in Skyward Sword as it was established that Link was quite lazy and live in Skyloft for all his life prior to the event in Skyward sword.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    This pretty much.

The stamina made sense in Skyward Sword as it was established that Link was quite lazy and live in Skyloft for all his life prior to the event in Skyward sword.
    I don't know if I'd say that... Pretty much every Link is lazy and lived in x is entire life prior to the events of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't know if I'd say that... Pretty much every Link is lazy and lived in x is entire life prior to the events of the game.
    That's true.

Anyway I don't think that the stamina will return as the swimming stamina in Wind Waker wasn't brought back in the later Zelda games.

^ Best post ever.

Page 227 of 275 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast