177 25.54%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.82%
  • Ocarina of Time

290 41.85%
  • Others

220 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 230 of 268 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 6699

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Was a bunch of disjointed fans running in different directions like uncorralled chickens ever truly "a thing"?
    A disaster is still a thing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Does anyone else think that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are both the best games.

Twilight princess had the deep, dark and gripping story of Midna and her struggle while Skyward Sword had those graphics (oh lawdy they were nice).

majoras mask, for me, was a bit small and not as open as ocarina of time was with its huge fields. True that majoras mask was brimming with content but I just didnt find it though. Mind though that the music was good and the game was really challenging.
    Looking for a battle?

White 2: Ot: Zrk78 Fc: 5201-4312-4317

PM me for match details. Note that my time zone is +(0:00) GMT
    I'll look forward to the fight

Win|Draw|Loss
    --2----0-----2

Why? Thats what i've been asking all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark78 View Post
    Does anyone else think that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are both the best games.
    That is heavily subjected to people's opinions.

True that majoras mask was brimming with content but I just didnt find it though.
    How could you not find Majora's Mash content? Almost every NPC in the game set off a chain of side quest that needed time travel to be competed, it was also how the game told some of it's story.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I've not played TP, but Skyward Sword was amazing because the game's difficulty was insanely perfect for me. Its as if Nintendo hired a private investigator to survey my gaming habits and designed the game accordingly. It certainly stretched me and there were some very close calls, but I never had to resort to a guide and I didn't die until the last Ghirahim battle.

But frankly, I think the only thing Zelda fans will agree on is which games definitely aren't the best Zelda games. As far as I'm considered, that would be the first 2 games and all the handheld titles. By no means are they bad games, except maybe the first 2 games for having none of the comforts since established in ALttP and beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I'm sure you'll find some that agree with you, as you'll find some that disagree. I'm the latter. They're both good, I wouldn't say they're the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I've not played TP, but Skyward Sword was amazing because the game's difficulty was insanely perfect for me. Its as if Nintendo hired a private investigator to survey my gaming habits and designed the game accordingly. It certainly stretched me and there were some very close calls, but I never had to resort to a guide and I didn't die until the last Ghirahim battle.

But frankly, I think the only thing Zelda fans will agree on is which games definitely aren't the best Zelda games. As far as I'm considered, that would be the first 2 games and all the handheld titles. By no means are they bad games, except maybe the first 2 games for having none of the comforts since established in ALttP and beyond.
    You'd get people who disagreed with you there as well. There are plenty of supporters for the handheld titles. I would say that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, while not the best overall Zelda in my opinion, are definitely the best DS games and both fantastic games in their own right.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were great games. I don't understand why they get so much hate.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post

How could you not find Majora's Mash content? Almost every NPC in the game set off a chain of side quest that needed time travel to be competed, it was also how the game told some of it's story.
    Very true but it all took a very long time to complete fully, especially kafeis side-quest (hope I spelt that right). The story was touching but not consistent, it felt as if 4 mini stories had been stitched into one; in itself, not a bad thing, but not quite for me. Some of the side quest, if you did wrong, you'd have to start all over again, from the beginning!

Termina felt restricted it was generally all flat, aside from the swamp and cliffs. Areas felt small and you couldn't fully explore every nook and cranny, like in Twilight Princess where there were numorous secrets and areas to find. All zelda games did this but majoras mask could do with more, especially with the characters. They could have made some more original characters, couldn't they?

In defense of those 2 games being best in the franchise, Both had very good graphics for their respective console but I feel that these two in particular excelled in many areas. Music, story and the controls were all refined and worked on, causing one of the most potentently rememorable games in the series.
    Looking for a battle?

White 2: Ot: Zrk78 Fc: 5201-4312-4317

PM me for match details. Note that my time zone is +(0:00) GMT
    I'll look forward to the fight

Win|Draw|Loss
    --2----0-----2

Why? Thats what i've been asking all my life.

Out of the Zelda games I've played, they're also my favourites. I plan on playing TP again over the summer. I found Ocarina of Time to be exceptionally good, but I do prefer the aforementioned two. I had a great deal of fun playing Minish Cap, too, though I don't rank it in the same league as the latest home console adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Perhaps that's why he asked "Does anyone else think"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were great games. I don't understand why they get so much hate.
    i played phanom hourglass but sot ST, i liked PH but for some reason ST just never appealed to me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i played phanom hourglass but sot ST, i liked PH but for some reason ST just never appealed to me.
    I quite liked both of them tbh. Although PH was a bit tedious with the whole Temple thing, I still think they both great games in their own right.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Quote Originally Posted by Cmack102 View Post
    I quite liked both of them tbh. Although PH was a bit tedious with the whole Temple thing, I still think they both great games in their own right.
    It certainly could have done without that, but it wasn't really that bad.

I didn't dislike PH and ST, but... I dunno, they never quite won me over the way Link's Awakening and the Oracle games did. It kinda felt like they focused too much on the novelty of the DS functions... and dungeons felt so barren with regards to enemies.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I didn't dislike PH and ST, but... I dunno, they never quite won me over the way Link's Awakening and the Oracle games did. It kinda felt like they focused too much on the novelty of the DS functions... and dungeons felt so barren with regards to enemies.
    I kinda like that, mostly because the minor enemies just become annoying after a while. I'd rather the dungeon be something that you just have to traverse through exploration and puzzle solving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I kinda like that, mostly because the minor enemies just become annoying after a while. I'd rather the dungeon be something that you just have to traverse through exploration and puzzle solving.
    I prefer a mix. I enjoy the puzzles, but I'd rather it have combat as well, since it helps to promote a sense of danger about it rather than just being a colorful obstacle course... so to speak. Mind you, I'm not fond of the opposite end of the spectrum, like in the original Legend of Zelda where it was all about "kill everything" rather than puzzle solving... Balance between the two is key.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    The main thing that bothered me about the dungeons was that the puzzles were clever, but always very easy. I think only in the final part of the Tower of Spirits did I actually have to stop and think about how to proceed, akin to most of the dungeons on the home console games. A little non-linearity never hurt, either.
    Last edited by Poetry; 29th May 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The main thin that bothered me about the dungeons was that the puzzles were clever, but always very easy. I think only in the final part of the Tower of Spirits did I actually have to stop and think about how to proceed, akin to most of the dungeons on the home console games. A little non-linearity never hurt, either.
    I must agree with you there, the puzzles were actually rather stupid imo. Most involved pots, pressure plates, and my favourite - Timed Switches! Which are always fun..

As for SS, trying to get your dang Loftwing to fly up was a puzzle in itself.. ;-;" I remember flying around in circles, slowly climbing up to get back onto the island.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

A little non-linearity never hurt, either.
    Zelda games are all linear, though.

I must agree with you there, the puzzles were actually rather stupid imo. Most involved pots, pressure plates, and my favourite - Timed Switches! Which are always fun..

As for SS, trying to get your dang Loftwing to fly up was a puzzle in itself.. ;-;" I remember flying around in circles, slowly climbing up to get back onto the island.
    I spent a good 5 minutes at the very bottom of the sky raging before I finally caved and looked at the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    *high 5*

Phantom Hourglass was awesome in a traditional 8 dungeons kind of way, and Spirt Tracks in a more experimental Majora's Mask kind of way. Not saying it was or is on the same level of MM, but god damn is it in the same wave length. 5 interesting dungeons, lots of helping others, and a non conventional story progression carrot. I love how you restored the tracks, the spirit pipes were fun to use, and the bosses are amazing. Favorite modern Zelda OST too. I said it months ago, but ST is the one Zelda game I'm gonna defend til I die, cause it deserves it.
    BLAH

I never said they are bad, just less good than other Zelda games. Which isn't saying much since the best of Zelda frequently ranks among the best of all time.

I spent a good 5 minutes at the very bottom of the sky raging before I finally caved and looked at the manual.
    Same here, except that I eventually realised that the Loftwing required a gentle, sweeping motion unlike just about every other action in the game. Once I knew that, flying was actually really smooth. I wish the game gave you more chances to exercise your flying skills though since only the Thunderhead was dangerous because of those... things(are they named) and Levias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

God i hated flying on my loftwing. When i first got it, ithought it was conna be the coolest thing ever......then i figured out i couldnt steer the dang thing. XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Same here, except that I eventually realised that the Loftwing required a gentle, sweeping motion unlike just about every other action in the game. Once I knew that, flying was actually really smooth. I wish the game gave you more chances to exercise your flying skills though since only the Thunderhead was dangerous because of those... things(are they named) and Levias.
    I definitely never used any gentle motions. I treated it like a hammer.

Zelda games are all linear, though.
    Doesn't mean that the player should just have one path laid out for them to explore without any other exploration in dungeons, even if there is only one way forward.

I remember holding it sideways with both hands as if I were playing Mario Kart Wii, before finding out I had to point it at the screen and twist/tilt. I did hate that thing where Zelda forces you to dive off the statue right into the middle of the circle using the parachute thing, though. Actually took me about twenty goes before I nailed it.

Doesn't mean that the player should just have one path laid out for them to explore without any other exploration in dungeons, even if there is only one way forward.
    That's every Zelda game, though. There's always only a single way to go.

That's every Zelda game, though. There's always only a single way to go.
    I'd like to see more optional dungeons, they kinda do this already, but for larger expansive ones (Perhaps for upgrades or perhaps making a "Crafting" type system like in SS) having a whole dungeon and not just a few caves like they usually do..
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

So my 3DS wont post links but Aonuma confirmed that LttP2 is indeed a direct sequel to thn first. There is a shocking plot point, and it somehow correlates with the new game mechanics. This is becaus they built a story around the new wall painting thing and such. Better yet the story and world are not built with a focus to force stuff from LttP1 in the game but to follow what happens to everyone afterwords.

So yeah the games gonna be plot heavy. But what will happen is a huge question. Aonuma being a huge fan of the first would rule out retcons hopefully so that leaves us with:
    -Master Sword to be left alone. Hopefully.
    I wanna see how they can handle the same link in the same hyrule using a different penultimate sword.
    - This is Link returning to Hyrule.
    The best damn part is this. Its not simply a link who enjoyed some R&D,damn guy went through two lands and had a nightmare while stranded out at sea. And now he's probably returning to Hyrule only to find a new evil? Poor guy can't catch a break!

Then there's the matter of ganon. the sealed world and so on. Man the possibilities are so many its insane.

Page 230 of 268 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast