182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 253 of 275 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 6866

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Hyrule Warriors seems like a fun spin-off, but considering I've never played Dynasty Warriors, I'm not sure.

My Miiverse Drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithCommonSense View Post
    Hyrule Warriors seems like a fun spin-off, but considering I've never played Dynasty Warriors, I'm not sure.
    It's a niche genre. If you like fighting hundreds of mindless waves of enemies, go ahead. If not, they're still pretty fun for a bit, then gets monotonous after a while. Used to be great graphical showcases for new consoles (wow ONE BIRRION TWOOPS!), but now they're just eh. Having thousands of enemies onscreen at once isn't so impressive anymore. It's most likely guaranteed this will be the highest selling Dynasty Warriors and DW cross-collaboration game yet, due to how strong LoZ is in the west, where most of the sales for DW are from.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

I don't have a Wii U, but I can say I'm interested on the title. Want to see its story. The gameplay is AWESOME. Just imagine go all out on just a few monsters lol.

One good thing about this game is that it's pretty much guaranteed to have a whole bunch of playable characters. This might be the first time we play as Ghirahim in all his tongue-licking goodness if he doesn't appear in Smash 4!
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    One good thing about this game is that it's pretty much guaranteed to have a whole bunch of playable characters. This might be the first time we play as Ghirahim in all his tongue-licking goodness if he doesn't appear in Smash 4!
    It's not confirmed that we can play as the villains yet. Although I admit, that would be neat. Choose good or evil and depending on your choice, you get a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    It's not confirmed that we can play as the villains yet. Although I admit, that would be neat. Choose good or evil and depending on your choice, you get a different story.
    ...me thinks you have not played a Musou game before. Waiting for confirmation of a playable villain is like waiting for confirmation of a Pseudo Mythical Pokémon.

Musous aren't known for their stories. The only branching paths they have are "Go Left to fight less but harder enemies" or "Go Right to fight more but weaker enemies" types of situations. The story mode is nothing too special either. Once you've played a Musou, you've played them all basically.

But that's just my opinion on these type of games. Bleach Soul Resurrecion left a horrible taste in my mouth, and I'll probably never play another Musou game again.

Honestly, I see very little reason for me to pick up the game. The gameplay of the series isn't one which interests me at all and I'm certainly not going to pick up a game just because it has the skin, branding and characters of the Zelda series, and nothing more. I want dungeons and puzzles and musical instruments.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I just finished Minish Cap earlier, but now I want to finish that Goron sidequest. Anyone know the locations of those walls you have to fuse Kinstones with?

-Uh oh.

So, I have not bought ALBW, and was wondering whether I should buy it or not? Can you guys please give me some for and against points, as well as a final judgement to see whether or not I should get it? Thanks!
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    So, I have not bought ALBW, and was wondering whether I should buy it or not? Can you guys please give me some for and against points, as well as a final judgement to see whether or not I should get it? Thanks!
    I thought it was pretty mediocre, it didn't really grab me at all, and it's only about 10 hours long.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The item rental system is interesting, you can either buy stuff permanently or risk losing it, the wall merging puzzles are clever, the collection sidequest is long yet rewarding. Some of the bosses are too easy though, and the reward for game completion is a bit lame. It is a short game, but thoroughly enjoyable!

-Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I thought it was pretty mediocre, it didn't really grab me at all, and it's only about 10 hours long.
    Did you rush through it? I mean, you headed straight for the end, without doing any sidequests? Cause 10 hours for this game is a bit strange for me. It's at least 20 hours long.

Did you rush through it? I mean, you headed straight for the end, without doing any sidequests? Cause 10 hours for this game is a bit strange for me. It's at least 20 hours long.
    Nope, I just played through it normally. I was only missing a couple Heart Peices, and I didn't try collecting all the Maiamais. It's a very simple and straightforward game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Nope, I just played through it normally. I was only missing a couple Heart Peices, and I didn't try collecting all the Maiamais. It's a very simple and straightforward game.
    Then you must have played A Link to the Past, right? After all, the maps are almost the same between the games and easy to memorize.

Then you must have played A Link to the Past, right? After all, the maps are almost the same between the games and easy to memorize.
    I did, but it wouldn't help you at all. The obstacles are all completely different.

As the only person who disliked the original Link to the Past, I loved this game. Certainly, it's short, but it is extremely fun and fulfilling experience.

I'd buy ALBW, but tbh I don't even know if I'd finish it

I actually already own LoZ, AoL, LA, OoT/3D, MM, OoA, OoS, WW, FS, and SS already, and the only ones I ended up finishing were OoT3D and FS

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'd buy ALBW, but tbh I don't even know if I'd finish it

I actually already own LoZ, AoL, LA, OoT/3D, MM, OoA, OoS, WW, FS, and SS already, and the only ones I ended up finishing were OoT3D and FS
    You gotta get on that, you've got some real fun games that you're missing out on there.

You gotta get on that, you've got some real fun games that you're missing out on there.
    Darn, I should finish SS. I 've had it for like almost 3 years and still hasn't finished it... better get moving.

Cloney: most of them are in mole mitts accesible areas. One is in west hyrule field.

| Trainer Level 3 | C+ Grade Referee |

Always available to RF matches.

Machamp, I claim you!

I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I have claimed Shadow's Theme from FFVI.

It seems Hyrule Warriors is coming out August 17th in Japan, and that Impa from SS looks to be a playable character.

Edit: Joe said the digital copy will be cheaper than the retail copy. There's a premium box for ~Ľ10,000, which I guess will be the "Collectors Edition" outside of Japan. Will probably be $80 for the CE in the US since games in Japan are generally around $10-$20 more expensive.

From NeoGAF user StreetsAhead
    "Producer: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
    Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
    Developer: ω-Force・Team NINJA

Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.

The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions.

Location includes Hyrule Field

Interview with the three people above. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/38930908.html#more
    "

Yes, that's right. Shia Leboof came out of retirement to be a witch in a videogame

Omega Force was announced as the developer, but to see that Team Ninja co-developed it is interesting. We didn't know about this beforehand. I guess expect Zelda to have DD cup bouncing boobs? With TN, it's mandatory for girls to be big breasted.

PS Shia the Witch? Is she an established Zelda villain? Never heard of her before.
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 20th May 2014 at 3:05 PM.

She's new. They just created some new villain for the game.

Interview with the three people above. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.
    Following this statement I'd like to see Fierce Deity Link back, but on the other hand it will mean more people clamouring for MM.

In the same vein of unexpectedness, Tingle, Toon Link, Groose and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule for playable. Now can someone who has any familiarity with the Warriors series tell roughly how unlikely it is for any of the above to occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I new Zelda villain? I can dig that! I hope she isn't just a one-time wonder and is never heard of even again after this game. However, I am still waiting to hear a little bit more before I decide whether or not I am going to purchase this game.
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Following this statement I'd like to see Fierce Deity Link back, but on the other hand it will mean more people clamouring for MM.

In the same vein of unexpectedness, Tingle, Toon Link, Groose and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule for playable. Now can someone who has any familiarity with the Warriors series tell roughly how unlikely it is for any of the above to occur?
    Fierce Deity Link? If he's in, he'll most likely have his own character slot. Ichigo in Bleach Soul Resurrecion had 3 character slots IIRC, each a different form (Normal, Hollowfied, and Getsuga). So Link might have normal Link, Toon Link, and FD Link. Wolf Link too if we're lucky.

Groose is possible. For his ultimate move, he can summon a cannon to obliterate a whole group of enemies in the proximity. Daphnes can also occupy another slot I guess. Is she different enough from Zelda? Tingle? Probably not. No joke characters allowed in Musou. They might be rescuing Zelda (Nintendo needs to stop freaking reusing the same old "story". Demise's curse is the worst reasoning ever Uurrrrrrgggghhh), but I can see Sheik being playable. Although Impa probably plays the same. The Zelda series don't really have that many characters, but I'd still expect about 25 characters, give or take. 75% good, 25% evil characters. Various forms of Ganon and Link and Zelda, the Seven Sages, Groose, the humanoid bosses, and umm... That's it?
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 20th May 2014 at 9:46 PM.

Page 253 of 275 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast