182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 255 of 275 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 6862

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Can someone explain to me why the hell Skyloft is featured in that artwork? This game better not have some nonsensical time-travel plot, I'm a bit tired of those.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the hell Skyloft is featured in that artwork?
    You ask the wrong questions entirely. (In what art or screenshot have you seen Skyloft, incidentally?)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    This game better not have some nonsensical time-travel plot, I'm a bit tired of those.
    The question is not "Can someone explain to me why the hell Skyloft is featured in that artwork?"

The question is why people see a Dynasty Warriors game slathered with a thick coat of Legend of Zelda-colored paint - a game that by its very definition is completely disconnected from anything else going on in the series and thus is going to incorporate any and all elements of the series in whatever way it seems fit - and ask if, why and how any sort of continuity elements from the core series will be in play. Collectively, it makes about as much sense as the people who saw Pokémon Conquest at first and complained, I shart you not, "this game couldn't have happened! Pokémon didn't exist in samurai times!"
    Last edited by BCVM22; 24th May 2014 at 3:24 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You ask the wrong questions entirely. (In what art or screenshot have you seen Skyloft, incidentally?)

The question is not "Can someone explain to me why the hell Skyloft is featured in that artwork?"

The question is why people see a Dynasty Warriors game slathered with a thick coat of Legend of Zelda-colored paint - a game that by its very definition is completely disconnected from anything else going on in the series and thus is going to incorporate any and all elements of the series in whatever way it seems fit - and ask if, why and how any sort of continuity elements from the core series will be in play. Collectively, it makes about as much sense as the people who saw Pokémon Conquest at first and complained, I shart you not, "this game couldn't have happened! Pokémon didn't exist in samurai times!"
    but muh continuity!!1

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

How couldn't pokemon have existed at that time? Well aside from Mewtwo and the Porygon family.

Anyways, up until I watched some gamexplain videos on Hyrule Warriors and read a little about it, I really didn't think much of it. Now I'm actually looking forward to it.

Cia is turning out to fall under the character archetype I hate the most. An oversexualized villain who's motivation is a jealous crush? Really?

Very suspicious, considering that we've seen Link with the Triforce of Courage in a screenshot. Not to mention that you can see Hyrule castle as well.

I can't find the original source of the image, however.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I'm guessing there will be crazy time shenanigans as an excuse to have all kinds of zelda characters from across the timelines

Yeah, it could be time travel shenanigans, or a flashback sequence to its fall if they really want to establish this game at some point in time.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Hylians did live in Hyrule before Skyloft was raised up which would give them time to build Hyrule Castle. Considering the prevalence of Bokoblins absolutely everywhere, and the general turmoil on the surface, that piece of artwork could be the depicting the point when Skyloft was first raised into the sky. That could also explain the hideous hole in the clouds that is above it.
    This could also mean the game takes place during the war with Demise.

Or it could be Team Ninja doing whatever they heck they want. I know this is a spin-off but even if it isn't an official Zelda game, it can still have a place in the Zelda Universe and therefore its timeline, if only to serve its premise. Considering we'll have over 20 characters from across hundreds of years of Hyrule history, I fully expect some plot holes to eat away at my brain as they appear.
    Besides, it is fun to speculate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I know this is a spin-off but even if it isn't an official Zelda game, it can still have a place in the Zelda Universe and therefore its timeline
    As we've been discussing for the last page, in being what it is, by definition it can't really still "have a place" in the timeline, in very much the same way that the PMD titles or Pokémon Conquest or what have you are completely disconnected from what little continuity exists in the core titles.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

As we've been discussing for the last page, in being what it is, by definition it can't really still "have a place" in the timeline, in very much the same way that the PMD titles or Pokémon Conquest or what have you are completely disconnected from what little continuity exists in the core titles.
    I think comparing Hyrule Warriors to pokemon spin-offs isn't a fair comparison. The Zelda series has enough lore to fill a 274-page book whereas pokemon only has and incredibly loose continuity. The only reason we know DP coincides with GSC is because of an offhand news report at the beginning, and only the two sets of sequels the series has (GSC and BW2) have reasonable story links with other games.

What I'm trying to say is, this game probably shouldn't ever be included in a timeline alongside other games. There will be things that do make sense (e.g. we're at war with Demise so this the 'first' game in the series) but at the same time a ton of things that won't like Link having a Master Sword even though it wasn't yet forged or Malladus being in the game because he drove a train through a time gate. The latter things will make the game relinquish the idea that any of the events that take place are at all canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I think comparing Hyrule Warriors to pokemon spin-offs isn't a fair comparison. The Zelda series has enough lore to fill a 274-page book
    Of which most has nothing to do with the lore, really.

Comparing it to a Pokemon spin-off is perfectly reasonable, they're both spin-offs, which by design mean they have nothing to do with any main series game. How much lore one series has over another is irrelevant. Spin-offs are spin-offs.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think comparing Hyrule Warriors to pokemon spin-offs isn't a fair comparison. The Zelda series has enough lore to fill a 274-page book whereas pokemon only has and incredibly loose continuity. The only reason we know DP coincides with GSC is because of an offhand news report at the beginning, and only the two sets of sequels the series has (GSC and BW2) have reasonable story links with other games.

What I'm trying to say is, this game probably shouldn't ever be included in a timeline alongside other games. There will be things that do make sense (e.g. we're at war with Demise so this the 'first' game in the series) but at the same time a ton of things that won't like Link having a Master Sword even though it wasn't yet forged or Malladus being in the game because he drove a train through a time gate. The latter things will make the game relinquish the idea that any of the events that take place are at all canon.
    It's a spin-off, thus won't be canonical to the timeline. SS Link could be riding the Red Lion King from WW if TK/TN wanted. TP Link could be fighting Demise. They can have fun with it however they want. The plot of this game is Zelda gets captured for the trillionth time, thus Link, Impa, and Midna have to help her. Midna wouldn't be in the timeline until much much later, so continuity is disregarded right there.

It's just going to be another boring and repetitive Warriors game*, this time with a Zelda-skin. Nothing more, nothing less.

*my opinion of the Warriors games. If you like them, well then, more power to you. I hope you enjoy this game when it comes out.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

I'm currently doing a second run of my Link Between Worlds. But I'm doing it on hero mode and it's KILLER!!!!!! All the damage done by enemies is quadrupled, 4 times more. So stuff that would do 1/2 heart damage does 2 hearts damage on hero mode. Sigh, it's TERRIBLE!! I gotta get that second Master Ore PRONTO! But seriously, it's really hard. Not called 'hero mode' for nothing. Even 'master mode' on Ocarina of Time for the 3DS was easier than this! Right now I'm at the part where you can do the dungeons in any order you like. The first one I did was in Thieves Town since that one had a Master Ore and you didn't need anything real special to get it. Now I'm doing Skull Woods which has a Master Ore that is accessible without anything specific. What I always find bizarre is that, even though Irene was turned into a painting, her broom still knows where to take you, even though there's no one flying it.

~Ayra~
    ^My Fan Fic^
    ^My Art Thread^

Well, besides Link and Impa, who else do you want playable in Hyrule Warriors?

I myself don't have that much interest in the series, but my friend asked me to play a Gerudo Valley duet with him. that's not a video of us, btw, it's the guys who transcribed it I gotta say, this music's pretty awesome. I can kind of see why this series is considered so timeless. Now, if only I didn't suck at these kinds of games...

That's actually pretty interesting. I wouldn't have pegged him as a Zelda fan either.

Open world Zelda confirmed and it looks AMAZING. God I'm so excited.

Also, Midna is playable in Hyrule Warriors for all you fan boys.

Oh my god, new Zelda looks incredible - only wish they could have revealed a tad more footage but what we saw was just amazing. That grass!
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Wished we would have got some actual Zelda gameplay, especially as they we close to showing some last year, but oh well. Although i think Link looks like a girl, I like the art-style, and I just hope it lives up to every-bodies expectations!
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Wished we would have got some actual Zelda gameplay, especially as they we close to showing some last year, but oh well. Although i think Link looks like a girl, I like the art-style, and I just hope it lives up to every-bodies expectations
    Everybody's. Every-bodies implies your body, my body, and Reggie's body. And that will happen for the first week or so. The second week, everyone will bash it, while also finally changing their minds and agreeing Twilight Princess is the best LoZ game ever.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Yeah the trailer for Zelda Wii U looked really good, I'm definitely very interested in Elder Scrolls: The Legend of Zelda. Link looked like a grown version of Wind Waker Link to me.

I've seen a couple of people on the internet suggest 'Zelda Scrolls' Link is actually a girl. He does certainly look girlier than usual, and I guess it would be an interesting change.

But, of course, there are no women in LoZ, only extremely girly men, and Link is the girliest of them all.
    Will-Powered Spriter

I think it's safe to say that Link has definitely not switched genders on us.

I want to be thrilled for the open world but I can't be with the art style. It's graphically worse than the Wii U demo. I think open world games are more immersive if it's more realistic.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 255 of 275 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast