177 25.54%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.82%
  • Ocarina of Time

290 41.85%
  • Others

220 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 257 of 268 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 6699

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, the bow seems familiar. The arrows may not, but I've definitely seen that bow before.

...Really, though, he looks far, far more male then female. I suppose it's because I'm the middle child, sitting between two otaku sisters, I've learned to have an eye for these things.
    That's because it looks pretty much the same as the bow from Skyward Sword.

Zelda U is look fanwankably awesome. I've never been so excited by grass. The art style feels like a natural evolution especially in the wake of er.. Wind Waker HD and Skyward Sword. Plus, by going with cel-shaded style they can spend more time creating a complex living world. If cartoons have taught me anything, simple designs lead something that has potential to be far more beautiful in motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

When I saw the screen change my eyes grew big, it looked so beautiful blowing in the wind it looked so amazing. I then looked up and saw everything else and I literally lost it XD
    Honestly though the game looks fantastic and the fact the world is massive makes it even better. From what I got while he was talking about the game you'll be able to take on the whole game however you want but take on the puzzles in a variety of different ways instead of doing it all in order. That is something I like meaning the challenge is more how you want to go about it instead of having to go down a straight path.
    I'm so hyped for this game I can't wait to play it.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    That's because it looks pretty much the same as the bow from Skyward Sword.

Zelda U is look fanwankably awesome. I've never been so excited by grass. The art style feels like a natural evolution especially in the wake of er.. Wind Waker HD and Skyward Sword. Plus, by going with cel-shaded style they can spend more time creating a complex living world. If cartoons have taught me anything, simple designs lead something that has potential to be far more beautiful in motion.
    Also, with cel-shaded games, they really never age. The original Wind Waker still looks sublime today, and I expect Zelda U will also look great many years after its release. I wish we could at least have a title though, as it seems weird to call it Zelda U.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

From what I got while he was talking about the game you'll be able to take on the whole game however you want but take on the puzzles in a variety of different ways instead of doing it all in order. That is something I like meaning the challenge is more how you want to go about it instead of having to go down a straight path.
    And it might add more to the replay value, since you can take a different path then last time you played it.

I wonder how big the overworld is gonna be. I highly doubt it's gonna be Elder Scrolls type big, but at least it won't be a glitchy and unoptimized mess like Skyrim was on PS3.

Also, I HATE the overuse of bloom. Tipped me off with the addition in Wind Waker HD, and it's also ticking me off here.

Edit: It was a joke. Link is still a... Male.

LAUGH.OUT.LOUD. Aonuma. Link as a female. You're all idiots for thinking it was going to happen.

/s
    Last edited by SazandoraIsAwesome; 12th June 2014 at 11:01 AM.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

The bits I like the most:

"Actually that comment I made jokingly," he said. "It's not that I said that it wasn't Link. It's that I never said that it was Link. It's not really the same thing, but I can understand how it could be taken that way.

"It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying 'oh it's a female character' and it just kind of grew. But my intent in saying that was humour. You know, you have to show Link when you create a trailer for a Zelda announcement."
    Aonuma is a master-level troll haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post

I think it helps that the fandom is willing to just jump in whatever direction it wants.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post

That mighty position belongs only to Hideo Kojima. Everyone else is just an amateur troll. Having a naked cartwheeling child soldier is the pinnacle of Trolldom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think it helps that the fandom is willing to just jump in whatever direction it wants.
    For now, maybe. But the hate for Wind Waker (before the hate turned to TP) was strong. I personally think they'll keep Toon Link relegated to the handheld games from now on, while the consoles get Teenage-Adult Link.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    For now, maybe. But the hate for Wind Waker (before the hate turned to TP) was strong. I personally think they'll keep Toon Link relegated to the handheld games from now on, while the consoles get Teenage-Adult Link.
    It makes sense. The toon style was originally created to make a good-looking game on a less powerful console and it succeeded. Handheld consoles are still about 10 years behind consoles tech-wise so that style will age far better. With the extra power on home consoles, it benefits from having the more detailed worlds that Adult Link tends to run through.

It makes sense. The toon style was originally created to make a good-looking game on a less powerful console and it succeeded. Handheld consoles are still about 10 years behind consoles tech-wise so that style will age far better. With the extra power on home consoles, it benefits from having the more detailed worlds that Adult Link tends to run through.
    The Gamecube was actually the most powerful of its generation. They chose that style because they liked the way it looked.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So, with Zelda U confirmed for 2015, where do you think it will fall in the timeline?

I think it may come after FSA.

It's still a fair bit early to begin guessing blindly at that, isn't it?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 13th June 2014 at 12:19 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's still a fair bit early to begin guessing blindly at that, isn't it?
    Pretty much, given we have no details.

The only thing one could guess with even the slightest degree of certainty is that it's less likely to be under the "Hero is Successful -> Adult Era" branch of the timeline, due to the three games in that continuity all being "Toon Link" style games. There's no guarantee, but based on precedent it's slightly less likely to be there.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I hope it's a prequel to Wand of Gamelon

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I hope it's a prequel to Wand of Gamelon
    Wand of Gamelon, as well Faces of Evil and Zelda's Adventure are considered non-canon by Nintendo, so not.

And it also seems that Hyrule Warriors doesn't fit anywhere- it's officially confirmed by the Zelda Boss.

Glad too see this place isn't blowing up over a certain something.

Anywho, I'm excited for this, the cell-shading is beautiful, the open world looks likes it's going to be a great, and that opening was exciting. Regardless this merely speculation on my part and who knows if the bow is going to be have a greater emphasis will be interesting if it does as that would change up game play some. More than likely is nothing more than a hype builder though. This E3 has been great!
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Wand of Gamelon, as well Faces of Evil and Zelda's Adventure are considered non-canon by Nintendo, so not.

And it also seems that Hyrule Warriors doesn't fit anywhere- it's officially confirmed by the Zelda Boss.
    *The joke*

*Your head*
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Anywho, I'm excited for this, the cell-shading is beautiful, the open world looks likes it's going to be a great, and that opening was exciting. Regardless this merely speculation on my part and who knows if the bow is going to be have a greater emphasis will be interesting if it does as that would change up game play some. More than likely is nothing more than a hype builder though. This E3 has been great!
    So, a robot chases him, he runs past what seems to be ruins, and then he shoots laser arrows. I'll bet the ancient, advanced civilization will play a large enough role in this Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    So, a robot chases him, he runs past what seems to be ruins, and then he shoots laser arrows. I'll bet the ancient, advanced civilization will play a large enough role in this Zelda.
    Personally I want it to be the story of the Hero of Men as a colonization after SS would be perfect for open-world Zelda IMO, but honestly I can it picture multiple places on the timeline and be open-world regardless. Just personal desires and being silly. I am interested in what appears to be the high technology elements, and I'd say you're spot on.

At the very least it confirms a new type of arrow and that Bomb arrows are probably returning as well. (yes they are bomb arrows, as the arrowheads had a fuse on them if you look carefully).

Hopefully the idea of multiple arrow types is extended further, but that's got to come with good bow controls. It has really difficult to shoot distant targets in WWHD, since arrows had a weird arc and it was hard to actually see where they went unless they managed to hit something.

Speaking of controls, was there any news on whether they'd go for motion controls or traditional controls for Zelda U? I know there is a mention that they'd consider it for many future Zeldas somewhere in the last few years, but considering the controls worked very well in general for WWHD they may have changed their minds since then.

At the very least it confirms a new type of arrow and that Bomb arrows are probably returning as well. (yes they are bomb arrows, as the arrowheads had a fuse on them if you look carefully).

Hopefully the idea of multiple arrow types is extended further, but that's got to come with good bow controls. It has really difficult to shoot distant targets in WWHD, since arrows had a weird arc and it was hard to actually see where they went unless they managed to hit something.

Speaking of controls, was there any news on whether they'd go for motion controls or traditional controls for Zelda U? I know there is a mention that they'd consider it for many future Zeldas somewhere in the last few years, but considering the controls worked very well in general for WWHD they may have changed their minds since then.
    Cool, didn't notice that.

I think I remember that type of arrow trajectory in other games but I could be remembering wrong. Did WW have that?

This was the latest I could find and it was seven months ago so take that as you will. http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma...games-at-once/ . I personally never had a problem with SS motion controls overall but one thing I didn't like was long-play sessions ended up hurting my wrist. I guess I'm okay with either play styles but prefer a more traditional controller. *shrug*

Speaking of controls, was there any news on whether they'd go for motion controls or traditional controls for Zelda U?
    What was seen and directly commented upon at E3 literally constitutes all of the confirmed "news" we have on the title. Everything else is interview ambiguities like the sort found in the link above.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Cool, didn't notice that.

I think I remember that type of arrow trajectory in other games but I could be remembering wrong. Did WW have that?
    It certainly wasn't in Oot3D or Skyward Sword. In the former, the arrows are essentially made of light i.e they reach their target near instantly an don't have an arc. Skyward Sword did have an arc but it also had aiming reticle and controls that were ideal for precision sniping. In SS if I could see it, I could hit it. I know TP had an aiming reticule as well so the problem only exists in WW. All to often the arrow just arcs over the enemy.

This was the latest I could find and it was seven months ago so take that as you will. http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma...games-at-once/ . I personally never had a problem with SS motion controls overall but one thing I didn't like was long-play sessions ended up hurting my wrist. I guess I'm okay with either play styles but prefer a more traditional controller. *shrug*
    Ah forgot about that interview. I assume controls will be WW-like then. Unless they have weird hybrid controls, that is, using motion controls while the Gamepad stays on your lap to manage inventory, maps etc.

Boxart for Hyrule Warriors.

Before anyone says anything, yes, that character on the box that isn't Link or Zelda is likely a playable character who likely uses magic, and Link is now outnumbered 4:1 in terms of character gender unless he's actually a girl in this game
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Boxart for Hyrule Warriors.

-snip-

Before anyone says anything, yes, that character on the box that isn't Link or Zelda is likely a playable character who likely uses magic, and Link is now outnumbered 4:1 in terms of character gender unless he's actually a girl in this game
    Silver haired girl isn't even wearing armor? That's the Team Ninja seal of approval right there!

I don't get why they're so secretive on the roster. Just show Ganon/Demise already. He's practically guaranteed to be in.

The mystery Hyrule Warriors Girl is (in my opinion) quite likely to be the Mortal Incarnation of Nayru,taking that Farore might be in there too and Din may become a plot twist where she is evil as she represents the Triforce of Power,which Ganon has in most games.

Why do people keep saying that the thing in Zelda U's Trailer is a Robot,it's Zelda for crying out loud,the most up to date thing in Zelda history is the Train from Spirit Tracks,and the Arrow is probably enchanted in some way
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Page 257 of 268 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast