View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
702. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

    173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

    292 41.60%
  • Others

    223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 262 of 275 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 6862

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #6526
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    I have a theory about the Robot in the Zelda U trailer,The game can be a sequel to Skyward Sword,which explains the minority of Zelda landmarks,and since Lanayru Mines are not in Zelda games after this game the robot can be made by the Lanaryulean Forces who are fighting against the Hylians for Territory
    It doesn't have any credence 'cause in Skyward Sword, the robots are already dead in the present.

  2. #6527
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    It doesn't have any credence 'cause in Skyward Sword, the robots are already dead in the present.
    They could have been revived/remade
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

    Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

  3. #6528
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    I have a theory about the Robot in the Zelda U trailer,The game can be a sequel to Skyward Sword,which explains the minority of Zelda landmarks,and since Lanayru Mines are not in Zelda games after this game the robot can be made by the Lanaryulean Forces who are fighting against the Hylians for Territory
    You can see a town in the distance. It's mostly white which leads me to believe its the latest incarnation of Hyrule Castle Town. We can still have sequels set many, many years in the future though, like Wind Waker. On a serious note though, considering the trailer gave so little info we weren't initially sure that the character shown was even Link, or even male, I think its way too early to begin speculating on the timeline.

    On another note: Lana finally got her character trailer:


    Aside from the kawaii-desu, she seems like an interesting fighter. Now does anyone have idea what she'll actually do in the story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  4. #6529
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    I'm not really a fan of ranged/magic fighters so she doesn't really look all that interesting to me. As for story involvement, do Dynasty Warriors games even have stories beyond "1 MILLION TROOPS"?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #6530
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Yeah, they are putting a lot of TP vibe in the game, but Link and Zelda look kinda ugly in those outfits, given the new design of the overall game (it is a HD version of Skyward Sword's style with a mix of TP realism, I think.)
    I agree with you, the regular Hyrule Warriors look is way better looking than the TP outfits look. :/

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Friend Code: 4811-6937-0414 PM me if you want to add me for your friend safari
    My RE Shiny Pokemon: x1x1x1x1x2
    My Shiny Pokemon Attained with Breeding + MM: x3x1x1

  6. #6531
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm not really a fan of ranged/magic fighters so she doesn't really look all that interesting to me. As for story involvement, do Dynasty Warriors games even have stories beyond "1 MILLION TROOPS"?
    Depends on the game, typically the story modes are based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is loosely based on historical events. in 8, ambition mode has you making a small kingdom to welcome the emperor, and then uniting china.

  7. #6532
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    You can see a town in the distance. It's mostly white which leads me to believe its the latest incarnation of Hyrule Castle Town. We can still have sequels set many, many years in the future though, like Wind Waker. On a serious note though, considering the trailer gave so little info we weren't initially sure that the character shown was even Link, or even male, I think its way too early to begin speculating on the timeline.

    On another note: Lana finally got her character trailer:


    Aside from the kawaii-desu, she seems like an interesting fighter. Now does anyone have idea what she'll actually do in the story?
    Lana does look to have quite an interesting play-style in the screenshots it didn't really show us much but now seeing it all in motion really gives me a good idea on how her magic attacks come into play and it looks like she will be one of my Mains
    As for the Story apparently she has a "hostile" relationship with Cia(Interesting!!)
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

    Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

  8. #6533
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    You can see a town in the distance. It's mostly white which leads me to believe its the latest incarnation of Hyrule Castle Town. We can still have sequels set many, many years in the future though, like Wind Waker. On a serious note though, considering the trailer gave so little info we weren't initially sure that the character shown was even Link, or even male, I think its way too early to begin speculating on the timeline.
    It was Link, Aonuma confirmed it. That ''it wasn't Link'' non-sense was actually one of Aonuma's trollish jokes.

  9. #6534
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    It was Link, Aonuma confirmed it. That ''it wasn't Link'' non-sense was actually one of Aonuma's trollish jokes.
    Well he did say "no one said that was Link" which was true, but I do find it a bit trollish too that he said that regardless.

    I personally didn't think he looked like a girl, you see male characters with long hair all the time and in JP usually the characters are teens, which would explain his face's look.

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Friend Code: 4811-6937-0414 PM me if you want to add me for your friend safari
    My RE Shiny Pokemon: x1x1x1x1x2
    My Shiny Pokemon Attained with Breeding + MM: x3x1x1

  10. #6535
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    It doesn't have any credence 'cause in Skyward Sword, the robots are already dead in the present.
    Some of the bots, like Armos and Beamos, appear in other games as well without the need for time travel. They just look a lot different, just like many other monsters.

    That said, the robot still means nothing about it's place in the time line.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  11. #6536
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    739

  12. #6537
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter.
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Why is Midna attacking Philemon? Is she trying to get a persona or something?

  13. #6538
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,108

    Default

    Finally finished Wind Waker HD! Another fantastic Zelda game down my belt. I have to say that its a brilliant bridge between Oot and more modern Zeldas. It has more complex storytelling and more memorable characters than older games, yet it still retains some of its gameplay elements. Simple things like the magic meter and secret mini-dungeons hidden down holes put to great use in a game that had better tech available to it. You can also see shades of newer games that started here, such as the parry attacks brought to TP or the loot system brought to SS.
    Sailing was also a blast. Don't get me wrong, I abused the Swift Sail and Warping too, but I see why people find it so relaxing. Letting the wind take me while I mess about with Charts and items on the Gamepad never gets old, and contrary to the empty ocean I expected, each sector had an island, and with it, a little story to tell. It was a complete world, with the vast majority of it left up for you to explore.

    I think my only criticism is that I'd like it to be longer. Oot and SS were both 60-70 hour adventures, but for all of its grand scale, WW only lasted just over 40 hours for me. I could easily go for another dungeon or an extended Ganon's Tower, another big multi-phase bossfight. I'd take anything to make the adventure last a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  14. #6539
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I think my only criticism is that I'd like it to be longer. Oot and SS were both 60-70 hour adventures, but for all of its grand scale, WW only lasted just over 40 hours for me. I could easily go for another dungeon or an extended Ganon's Tower, another big multi-phase bossfight. I'd take anything to make the adventure last a little longer.
    Yeah, that's a common complaint. I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be a water dungeon during the pearl quest but it was scrapped due to time constraints or something.

  15. #6540
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,903

    Default

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  16. #6541
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    739

    Default

    You forgot the Skyward Sword clothes for Link and Zelda.

  17. #6542
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Unsure how I feel about Fi being playable. On one hand she is by far the most annoying companion from Zelda, on another should could be very interesting to play as.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  18. #6543
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Unsure how I feel about Fi being playable. On one hand she is by far the most annoying companion from Zelda, on another should could be very interesting to play as.
    Well, that's what I'm curious for. Don't tell me she's going to transform into Goddess Sword and attack the enemies as a sword; that would be hilarious.

  19. #6544
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter.
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post

    Link must feel so alone as the only male
    Or happy. Means he don't gotta share.


    WW took around a good 60-70 hours for me and the closest thing I have to a complaint is how you're not allowed to leave the great sea. It really annoys me when I get forced to turn back after reaching the edge of the map because "it's too dangerous".

  20. #6545
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Well, that's what I'm curious for. Don't tell me she's going to transform into Goddess Sword and attack the enemies as a sword; that would be hilarious.
    Kind of looks like she'll be doing something related to the Goddesses. It's really hard to tell, but that scan shows her surrounded by blue, green and red lights (the blue one looks like it has an orb in the center, too).

    ...And do I see Link swinging one of those black obelisks from OoT?

  21. #6546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    It really annoys me when I get forced to turn back after reaching the edge of the map because "it's too dangerous".
    What would you have had them do instead?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #6547
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    What would you have had them do instead?
    Maybe not leave The Great Sea, but have the map wrap around like a globe.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  23. #6548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Maybe not leave The Great Sea, but have the map wrap around like a globe.
    That'd kinda defeat the purpose of the ending, though, if the Great Sea was literally the entirety of the world. After all, they do leave to find new lands, which leads into Phantom Hourglass and subsequently Spirit Tracks. Honestly, it was either keep the arbitrary line you can't pass, or impose some sort of physical barrier.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  24. #6549
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter.
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    What would you have had them do instead?
    Not a clue. Don't mean I can't have a problem with it.

  25. #6550
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,682

    Default

    "Masculinists: Is Zelda Musou SEXIST? Where are the strong and independent male characters? Also, could the game be RACIST?? Who's representing the Gerudos? Why isn't the only near pure black character, Ganondorf, in the game?? And more importantly, is the game HOMOPHOBIC?? Why isn't the obviously only homosexual Zelda character, Ghirahim, in the game?"

    Great on having more female characters. Melon-fest >>>> Sausage-fest.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Page 262 of 275 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •