View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
699. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    180 25.75%
  • Wind Waker

    173 24.75%
  • Ocarina of Time

    292 41.77%
  • Others

    222 31.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 271 of 275 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275 LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 6856

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #6751
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lemuria.
    Posts
    346

    Default

    I can't wait till spring~! Another reason to loom forward to warmer weather!


    Quick question, are there Skulltulas in MM?

    “My brother, whom you killed. My brother, Linus….It’s none of your business……”


    I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

  2. #6752
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    I can't wait till spring~! Another reason to loom forward to warmer weather!


    Quick question, are there Skulltulas in MM?
    Sure do, sure do... but Skullfish and Desbrekos are scarier than them.

  3. #6753
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    So it took me three tries, but I was able to get Agitha's Lvl 3 weapon. Her C2 is great for boss weak-point gauges. Use the C2, then dodge ASAP, and then use your C2 again while the boss is still in the air to finish off the gauge.

    Also, I learned the hard way that 15:00 minutes on the dot does not equal an A rank, you have to be under that amount for the A.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  4. #6754
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    Quick question, are there Skulltulas in MM?
    Generic Skulltulas? Yes.

    But if you mean golden skulltulas, then no.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  5. #6755
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm sure they'll make some minor improvements that make things more convenient.
    Hope so.

    Gave MM a few tries back in the day but stuff like saving just put me off the whole thing. Never got past the 1st dungeon.

  6. #6756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Gave MM a few tries back in the day but stuff like saving just put me off the whole thing. Never got past the 1st dungeon.
    While I did complete the game, I will agree that the saving system was truly horrid. It made it so you really had to dedicate no less than an hour (more often two or three, especially if Dungeons are involved), because you couldn't really play in short spans. Even with the "Quicksave" of the Owl Statues, they were few and far between, so you either had to backtrack or start over on your 3-day cycle.

    I'm hoping they just give it a quicksave feature that's accessible at any time. That would make it less painful, imo, while still preserving the original 3-day game mechanics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Generic Skulltulas? Yes.

    But if you mean golden skulltulas, then no.
    That's false. The Swamp Spider House and Ocean Spider House give their regards.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  7. #6757
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    While I did complete the game, I will agree that the saving system was truly horrid. It made it so you really had to dedicate no less than an hour (more often two or three, especially if Dungeons are involved), because you couldn't really play in short spans. Even with the "Quicksave" of the Owl Statues, they were few and far between, so you either had to backtrack or start over on your 3-day cycle.

    I'm hoping they just give it a quicksave feature that's accessible at any time. That would make it less painful, imo, while still preserving the original 3-day game mechanics.
    I'd think this would be less of an issue now anyway, given the ability to just put your 3DS to sleep if you need to take a break.

  8. #6758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I'd think this would be less of an issue now anyway, given the ability to just put your 3DS to sleep if you need to take a break.
    Yeah, but sometimes you might want to, you know, stop and play another game. Especially for an impromptu "Hey let's play SSB" invitation, or something. I don't think the 3DS's sleep mode should really be a factor here, honestly. That's like saying "You can just pause the game and turn off your TV" for the N64 version.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  9. #6759
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's like saying "You can just pause the game and turn off your TV" for the N64 version.
    I don't think that's necessarily a fair comparison, since a 3DS also has a battery to worry about.

  10. #6760
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Does anyone have any tips for getting Link's level 3 Gauntles? I have tried that level so many times that I lost count. It takes so long to kill those Poes even with Level 2 gauntles, then I need to defeat Zelda, kill Argorok, do it in 15 minutes and get 1200 KO to reach, also take little damage than possible.

    It just feels so hard to do in just 15 minutes.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!


    Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

    I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

  11. #6761
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

  12. #6762
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Best game has to be between ocarina or majoras mask

  13. #6763

  14. #6764
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    "One other confirmed change is that fishing will be introduced to Majora's Mask for the first time, and there will be two separate areas to fish in. My best guess would be an area in the swamps and an area down along the coast."

    Awesome addition, I always love fishing in Zelda. Putting an extra mini game in Great Bay and Southern Swamp, which both already had a lot to do and see, is just perfect.

    Quote Originally Posted by largo.sync View Post
    Best game has to be between ocarina or majoras mask
    They're so closely related, I treat them as one package. But at the same time, they each have separate pros and cons. So I don't pick one to be better than the other.

  15. #6765
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seachran View Post
    "One other confirmed change is that fishing will be introduced to Majora's Mask for the first time, and there will be two separate areas to fish in. My best guess would be an area in the swamps and an area down along the coast."

    Awesome addition, I always love fishing in Zelda. Putting an extra mini game in Great Bay and Southern Swamp, which both already had a lot to do and see, is just perfect.
    Fishing, huh?

    SKULLFISH CONFIRMED... dang it!

  16. #6766
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes you might want to, you know, stop and play another game. Especially for an impromptu "Hey let's play SSB" invitation, or something. I don't think the 3DS's sleep mode should really be a factor here, honestly. That's like saying "You can just pause the game and turn off your TV" for the N64 version.
    A handheld is a fair bit easier to put aside than the console version is, but fair enough. That's why I said less of an issue instead of not an issue at all.

  17. #6767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutittaja View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for getting Link's level 3 Gauntles? I have tried that level so many times that I lost count. It takes so long to kill those Poes even with Level 2 gauntles, then I need to defeat Zelda, kill Argorok, do it in 15 minutes and get 1200 KO to reach, also take little damage than possible.

    It just feels so hard to do in just 15 minutes.
    The first five minutes are the most important. The trick is to learn to handle the first wave of Poes and Lana that appears right in front of you without taking too much damage. If you get a bad start, literally everything else tends to fall apart from there.

    Ideally, you want to pick off the non-Captain Poes first. They have the lowest health and tend to die in one or two weak point Smashes (depending on Link's level). Believe me, it's a LOT easier to keep your health up when you don't have three Poes attacking in every direction. Once they're down, your next target should be Lana rather than the Captain Poe; she's more aggressive, and thus, needs to be removed next or she can result in you taking more damage. She also dies a little faster than the Captain Poe. However, be sure to keep an eye on the Captain Poe while fighting Lana, because if an opportunity to Weak Point Smash it arises (without the need to take too much damage), then it's usually worthwhile to bring that weak point gauge down. It's also worth noting that since the Gauntlets' Weak Point Smash has a pretty sizable AoE, paying attention to the angle you're facing can help maximize damage by catching other enemies in the AoE.

    Also, Rally Captain appears right after Argorok does. The best advice is to completely ignore Rally Captain and go straight for Argorok. Argorok is actually the least of your worries in this map; the Gauntlets' B-B-Y attack (the electric shockwaves) absolutely BRUTALIZE Argorok's weak point gauge; it can make it so every time Argorok hits the ground, you'll be doing a weak point smash. Remember that your Special Attack (X) during a Focus Spirit can bring Argorok down immediately, so an easy strategy is to bring Argorok down with the Hookshot, smash its weak point with B-B-Y, immediately activate Focus Spirit as soon as the weak point smash finishes, and then hit X to hit Argorok again before it gets into the air to immediately put it back down on the ground and expose its weak point.

    The rest is just making sure you're not taking too much damage, and ensuring that your levels (and badges) are high enough.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  18. #6768
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    So I've never played a LoZ game before (like ever) and know nothing about the series but the remake of Majora's Mask (don't know why) has got me interested. Is it a worthwhile entry?
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  19. #6769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    So I've never played a LoZ game before (like ever) and know nothing about the series but the remake of Majora's Mask (don't know why) has got me interested. Is it a worthwhile entry?
    Yes, only because it's a Zelda game where emotion and character development is given out to many different characters.

    Link is just the helper.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 15th November 2014 at 1:21 AM.

  20. #6770
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yes, only because it's a Zelda game where emotion and character development is given out to many different characters.

    Link is just the helper.
    That sounds right up my alley then! Thanks!

    I keep reading comments about how it's super linked to Ocarina of Time and whatnot, should I start with that 3DS remake first then?
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  21. #6771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    That sounds right up my alley then! Thanks!

    I keep reading comments about how it's super linked to Ocarina of Time and whatnot, should I start with that 3DS remake first then?
    Sure. OoT is the first game before Majora's Mask. Try that one out to get a feel of the 3D Zelda game, though don't expect it to have as much emotion Majora's Mask has.

    OoT also has the extra Master Quest, which makes everything in the game harder and completely changes the steps to clear the dungeons.

  22. #6772
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Ooh! Sounds exciting! Thanks again for the feedback!
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  23. #6773

    Default

    Majora's Mask undoubtedly has better sidequests and more emphasis on NPCs; however, the main quest, particularly the number of dungeons, lacks the scale of OoT. In general, OoT has a better main playthrough, but relatively few sidequests, while Majora's Mask has a weaker main quest, but better and more numerous sidequests.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  24. #6774
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    So I've never played a LoZ game before (like ever) and know nothing about the series but the remake of Majora's Mask (don't know why) has got me interested. Is it a worthwhile entry?
    It's very different from the rest of the series, in a good way. If it's the only one to ever interest you, that just means you have great taste in story/atmosphere. You will however get more out of it if you play Ocarina of Time first. Besides easing you into the gameplay mechanics a little better, it also sets up the premise of the story in Majora's Mask, and is referenced throughout the game.

  25. #6775
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Majora's Mask undoubtedly has better sidequests and more emphasis on NPCs; however, the main quest, particularly the number of dungeons, lacks the scale of OoT. In general, OoT has a better main playthrough, but relatively few sidequests, while Majora's Mask has a weaker main quest, but better and more numerous sidequests.
    Not sure about lacking the scale of OoT. I found that OoT's dungeons weren't all that big (or particularly memorable, but that's not really relevant) as I had previously thought. MM's dungeons on the other hand felt larger had quite a gargantuan scale. I can understand the more hardcore Zelda fans being disappointed with the number of dungeons, but I thought the quality of them more than made up for it.

Page 271 of 275 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •