• Ocarina of Time

289 41.76%
  • Others

220 31.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 268 of 268 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268
Results 6,676 to 6,695 of 6695

Thread: Zelda games discussion

I only got through the first scenario so far last Friday, just didn't play at all this past weekend due to being busy and intensive maintenance Nintendo did over the weekend. I'm going to play more this week, though.

Okaaaaay, Hard Mode starts to show its hard side after the fourth map is done.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Well I've already beat the game so I'm just getting all the collectibles and skulltulas at this point.

The Death Mountain hard mode skulltula has got the to be the most ANNOYING skulltula to get in my opinion. I almost got it on my first try but apparently I was a smidge too late and didn't get the requirements. Ever since that one, I haven't got close. Guess its time to level up Sheik some more.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Well I've already beat the game so I'm just getting all the collectibles and skulltulas at this point.

The Death Mountain hard mode skulltula has got the to be the most ANNOYING skulltula to get in my opinion. I almost got it on my first try but apparently I was a smidge too late and didn't get the requirements. Ever since that one, I haven't got close. Guess its time to level up Sheik some more.
    Really? Never had a problem with that one. I just let the Gorons take West Boulder Keep, which gives you enough time to repel Darunia a second time, and rack up the 1500 kills if you haven't already. Obviously you need to have protected the Allied Base decently well early on so that having them hold West Boulder Keep for a little while won't, y'know, destroy the base and end your game, but once you've beaten Darunia back, you can retake the West Boulder Keep and let the gates open so that the Skulltula spawns.

Water Temple was more annoying for me, if for no other reason than because Sheik has a habit of rushing to her death while I'm trying to down King Dodongo within 3 minutes. Without fail she seemed to get herself in a heck of a situation and die before King Dodongo... at an alarming rate no less since she just rushes into the enemy base. Oh well.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Really? Never had a problem with that one. I just let the Gorons take West Boulder Keep, which gives you enough time to repel Darunia a second time, and rack up the 1500 kills if you haven't already. Obviously you need to have protected the Allied Base decently well early on so that having them hold West Boulder Keep for a little while won't, y'know, destroy the base and end your game, but once you've beaten Darunia back, you can retake the West Boulder Keep and let the gates open so that the Skulltula spawns.

Water Temple was more annoying for me, if for no other reason than because Sheik has a habit of rushing to her death while I'm trying to down King Dodongo within 3 minutes. Without fail she seemed to get herself in a heck of a situation and die before King Dodongo... at an alarming rate no less since she just rushes into the enemy base. Oh well.
    Let's just say I'm like Sheik, but in this case, I don't die.

Majora's Mask baby. <3

2/3ds Friend code:0104-1468-6275 IGN:Marc

Friend safari; Doduo, Woobat, fletcheinder

Is it true that Zelda U is coming in 2018? I have read it somewhere, and although I think it is fake, I was just wondering, as it seems awfully far in the future. Personally, I think it will come late 2015-mid 2016.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Is it true that Zelda U is coming in 2018? I have read it somewhere, and although I think it is fake, I was just wondering, as it seems awfully far in the future. Personally, I think it will come late 2015-mid 2016.
    It's supposedly coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It's supposedly coming next year.
    So that basically means it is meant to be coming winter next year, but then it will inevitably get delayed to mid 2016! OK, thanks for the information!
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

I have read in many places that Zelda U is coming in 2015, not 2018. But I think that it is coming more autumn-winter-spring time in between 2015 and 2016. So, no, I don't think that is coming that late.

I got Wii U Saturday (so happy) and I want Hyrule warriors! That game is just so cool and awesome looking. Me and my sister were talking about which one we should get: Super Smash bros or Hyrule Warriors, Huryle Warriors is our way to go. I mean, that even Hyrule Warriors is fightning game, it still has some kind of plot, but SSB is just battling. And both me and my sister are huge Zelda fans, so we are totally getting it.

But I'm really looking forward to Zelda U. Can't wait to get it and experience it.
    Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

So that basically means it is meant to be coming winter next year, but then it will inevitably get delayed to mid 2016! OK, thanks for the information!
    No, it doesn't mean that at all.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

While I get the obvious reference to the delay of Twilight Princess, I recall no similar delay with Skyward Sword. So like BCVM22 said, no, this isn't likely to be the case.

Just a reminder, the free DLC that includes the villains as playable characters is out. Same goes for the Master Quest pack.

Of the three villains, Volga's definitely a favorite of mine. Quick attacks with great power, and absolutely love his Fire Breath, since it's fast, has a good sized, cone-shaped area effect, and still does decent damage. Makes it very easy to seize keeps in a timely manner.

Yet I absolutely hate Wizzro. He's just... not fun to play, in my opinion. I can't quite put my finger on why, though. Perhaps because the lack of "weight" behind his attacks makes them feel less satisfying? Tough to say.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So I am wondering, from those of you who have played it, is Hyrule Warriors worth it? I am trying to get more Wii U games and I only have MK8, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Pikmin 3. I have heard little about the game, but seen some gameplay and it seems to be a free-roaming game...

Anyway I was hoping someone would tell me what they think about the game and if they recommend it.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i won a match with jigglypuff against kirby (the forums user) once. thanks for reading my smash bros story
    ^ So inspirational I can't even...

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Of the three villains, Volga's definitely a favorite of mine. Quick attacks with great power, and absolutely love his Fire Breath, since it's fast, has a good sized, cone-shaped area effect, and still does decent damage. Makes it very easy to seize keeps in a timely manner.
    I love his Claw attack for speed and his full-out dragon transformation for destroying crowds. I trained him to level 30, yet he feels like he hits like a level 50 to me. I did notice his defense is particularly bad though. Oh, and his standard heavy attack just destroys weak-point gauges(unless it's a giant boss like Dodongo).

Or this could all just be in my head. Except the weak-point gauge thing. That's definitely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    So I am wondering, from those of you who have played it, is Hyrule Warriors worth it? I am trying to get more Wii U games and I only have MK8, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Pikmin 3. I have heard little about the game, but seen some gameplay and it seems to be a free-roaming game...
    It's actually more level based, and each stage has a large map you fight for control over with an enemy army.

Warriors games in general are often criticized for feeling repetitive, but I find this one to be extremely addictive. The Adventure Map really gives it a lot of replay value, to.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 17th October 2014 at 7:06 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Anyway I was hoping someone would tell me what they think about the game and if they recommend it.
    Personally I think the game isn't talked about as much due to the fact that it had the misfortune of being released a week before Smash. It got a bit of hype, but at the same time, after 7 days, everyone and their brother was talking about Smash, so it got overshadowed a little bit.

That said, it's still a fun game. To an extent, like any "Warriors" game, it does get a little bit repetitive, but at the same time, I found it enjoyable. Being able to play as other Zelda-universe characters is pretty dang cool, and it does have a lot of things (Gold Skulltula hunt, Adventure Mode) to help keep you interested beyond the relatively short story.

Also, the music is pretty fantastic as well. It needs more lovin'!

Everyone above outlined everything you need to like about this game, especially Adventure Mode.

If you're sick playing as a C. Falcon Ganondorf, you'll love this.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

So, I downloaded Hyrule Warriors and wow, it's awesome! I do have some questions though.
    What do you get for killing the gold cucco?
    Do the levels scale in difficulty as you level up? Like, if you played the first scenario with a level 30 Link, would everything just die as soon as you breathe too close to them?
    How high is the difficulty spike? I played the first level of Cia's story and came ridiculously close to failure, it was really intense (but it was SO AWESOME!) and I had a bit of trouble defeating     Spoiler:- Boss:

Finally, how does one unlock different types of weapons? For instance, I know that Lana can get the     Spoiler:- Weapon:
    but I don't know how.

Thank you!

-Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneydew2000 View Post
    So, I downloaded Hyrule Warriors and wow, it's awesome! I do have some questions though.
    What do you get for killing the gold cucco?
    Do the levels scale in difficulty as you level up? Like, if you played the first scenario with a level 30 Link, would everything just die as soon as you breathe too close to them?
    How high is the difficulty spike? I played the first level of Cia's story and came ridiculously close to failure, it was really intense (but it was SO AWESOME!) and I had a bit of trouble defeating     Spoiler:- Boss:

Finally, how does one unlock different types of weapons? For instance, I know that Lana can get the     Spoiler:- Weapon:
    but I don't know how.

Thank you!
    • Can't answer that one yet, because I haven't evoked the rage of a Cucco swarm yet.
    • The difficulty does not scale up as you level up. That being said, overlevelling does not make you completely overpowered unless you are something like Level 30 and choosing to fight in the first area
    • Depends on what you take on. On the normal path (not in Cia's storyline), the difficulty curve is pretty consistent and doesn't really spike that much (outside of cheap tricks played by the RNG regarding Gohma's and King Dodongo's attacks). However, Cia's storyline is actually pretty tough, though it does ramp up fairly consistently.
    • On certain maps, you can obtain Sealed Weapons from chests after clearing out enemy keeps. These either become upgraded versions of a character's existing weapon or a completely new weapon after you complete the battle. These are more numerous in Adventure Mode than Legend Mode, but you get enough in Legend Mode to allow you to always use a recommended weapon for each map, with the exception of     Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Spoiler:- How to obtain Lana's second weapon:
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Page 268 of 268 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268