• Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 273 of 275 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275 LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 6865

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/ze...n#.VHxcOVc4Et3
    Any Ghibli vibes you got from the trailer of Zelda U were intentional apparently. In other words, they're testing me to see how long I can handle without anyone new footage.
    To be honest, I would have never even made the connection between the two. TP Link still strikes me as the most anime-like in terms of appearance.

A load of new dates for the Symphony of the Goddesses tour have been announced for 2015, for those interested. Looking forward to my third Zelda concert outing in London.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Princess Mononoke is one of my favorites, so I noticed right away. The more Zelda takes from that film the better, especially around the concept of open-world exploration.

That offscreen footage was ehh.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    That offscreen footage was ehh.
    I just saw people talking about this on another site, but I can't find any links or get anyone to give me one. It's driving me mad. Where are these announcements or whatever happening?

Edit: Found it. It's being lived streamed on Youtube. They didn't advertise this very well, did they?
    Edit2: Oh wait, it's not on Nintendo's channel yet. It's a link I clicked while on Nintendo's channel. I'm a newb at Youtube, and I'm kind of freaking out right now.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 6th December 2014 at 6:11 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I just saw people talking about this on another site, but I can't find any links or get anyone to give me one. It's driving me mad. Where are these announcements or whatever happening?

Edit: Found it. It's being lived streamed on Youtube. They didn't advertise this very well, did they?
    Edit2: Oh wait, it's not on Nintendo's channel yet. It's a link I clicked while on Nintendo's channel. I'm a newb at Youtube, and I'm kind of freaking out right now.
    Was revealed at the The Game Awards like half an hour ago, and was the closer of the event. It was ehh.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/world-...slice_4r/66696

Neatly-trimmed footage from the event tonight. 9 out of 10 doctors agree that "ehh" is a questionable descriptive term, at best.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I live under a rock, okay? I didn't even realize the game rewards were tonight, so I was caught by complete surprise and went a little crazy there.

But I've cooled off now.

No one knew these game award whatevers were tonight. I'm amazed the stage acts and winners found their way there, and even that was probably by accident. The above clip of the Zelda footage is all you really need to take away from the event.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/world-...slice_4r/66696

Neatly-trimmed footage from the event tonight. 9 out of 10 doctors agree that "ehh" is a questionable descriptive term, at best.
    9/10 people agree that trailer was "ehh"

Source: Same source where you got yours

Not saying the game is ehh, just that the footage shown was nothing mindblowing. The show ended on a whimper with that disappointing short look.

Nintendo's big directors talking almost ruined that trailer for me. What I wanted(and what probably else wanted) was the Zelda footage, but instead we got Miyamoto and Aonuma having an awkward and possibly scripted conversation with the actual Zelda game on that screen in the background. The focus should of been entirely on the game, not on those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    The focus should of been entirely on the game, not on those two.
    Uh... no. We would have gotten very little in the way of insight had it been raw footage, with no explanations, no hints and little to no music. That would have bad.

This, people. This is why we can't have nice things.

-----
    Words to|live by

Reminder that Geoff "Doritos Pope" Knightly paid for these awards out of his own pocket to protect his brand.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Uh... no. We would have gotten very little in the way of insight had it been raw footage, with no explanations, no hints and little to no music. That would have bad.
    I at least wished that they focused on the footage, with an explanation as the background element. It felt almost like the opposite of that here. I feel like they divided the attention to me.

Or they could of flipped it completely, like they did at E3, where they spend time explaining things and then show a little bit of footage as a teaser. That was so much better, if at least because the focus was on the game and not on the directors "having a good time".

I guess I should mention as a disclaimer that I actually did like that trailer, but I guess many of the trailers before that had raised my expectations for it.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 6th December 2014 at 9:05 AM.

The gameplay video definitely wasn't the best, but I have been begging for one since e3, so I am very glad we finally got one! I love how massive the world is, although I hope they have a massive variety of terrain. I don't want to just be in plains and forests all of the time. Maybe some freak weather occurrences would be nice too (maybe you get really strong enemies and your horse goes crazy or something in a thunderstorm :P ).

I also noticed that Link is right handed in this game (when they were demonstrating the sword on the horse), so maybe he is ambidextrous?
    Too much water guys!

I think the footage looked pretty good overall, but for first time gameplay was shown, I think it was done way too casually for such a major release.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    9/10 people agree that trailer was "ehh"

Source: Same source where you got yours

Not saying the game is ehh, just that the footage shown was nothing mindblowing. The show ended on a whimper with that disappointing short look.
    It's pretty mind-blowing for a Zelda game to be of this scale.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Reminder that Geoff "Doritos Pope" Knightly paid for these awards out of his own pocket to protect his brand.
    Praise the Doritos overlord!

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

For a series based on the fun of exploring caves, I think it was only a matter of time before they went open-world.

It's great to see Epona return, but the world seemed very empty. It seems they're taking the inspiration for the NES Zelda too far, and getting rid of other innovations in the series. We'll have to wait to see how much they've gotten rid of towns, castles, and NPCs, and also how the story works.

Quote Originally Posted by Seachran View Post
    It's great to see Epona return, but the world seemed very empty. It seems they're taking the inspiration for the NES Zelda too far, and getting rid of other innovations in the series. We'll have to wait to see how much they've gotten rid of towns, castles, and NPCs, and also how the story works.
    Im not too worried, wind waker at a glance seemed really empty too, and that's argubly the best zelda game to date.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Im not too worried, wind waker at a glance seemed really empty too, and that's argubly the best zelda game to date.
    Wind Waker was definitely great, but this seems to be completely different. It still had a world filled with characters, villages, and random buildings. It was just the ocean in between that was empty. What I'm worried about is that Aonuma takes his interest in the NES world too far, rather than merging it with games like WW to make an open world that is free to explore, but still dense with different characters and things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Seachran View Post
    Wind Waker was definitely great, but this seems to be completely different. It still had a world filled with characters, villages, and random buildings. It was just the ocean in between that was empty. What I'm worried about is that Aonuma takes his interest in the NES world too far, rather than merging it with games like WW to make an open world that is free to explore, but still dense with different characters and things to do.
    I REALLY doubt they would do that, seeing how big this release is for nintendo, I bet they have lots of people to calculate how to appeal to as many people as possible.

I almost didnt want to watch the Awards, given its history on SpikeTV. Havent watched since 2011, but I gave it a shot. Glad I did, though, and it wasn't a complete train wreck.

The Zelda reveal was pretty cool I'll admit. A large overworld is something I'll be looking forward too. The Epona AI and the slow mo mid air bow/arrow shooting looks stunning.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I almost didnt want to watch the Awards, given its history on SpikeTV. Havent watched since 2011, but I gave it a shot. Glad I did, though, and it wasn't a complete train wreck.

The Zelda reveal was pretty cool I'll admit. A large overworld is something I'll be looking forward too. The Epona AI and the slow mo mid air bow/arrow shooting looks stunning.
    Epona's AI is still dumb. It collided with one or two horses, and it was sliding on the ground in a few scenes, with the rocks blocking the way.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I REALLY doubt they would do that, seeing how big this release is for nintendo, I bet they have lots of people to calculate how to appeal to as many people as possible.
    Maybe it's not something they intentionally want to do, but it is inevitable that the bigger they make the world, the less dense it will be. I wouldn't consider that a problem though, because they could have a similar amount of content just be really spread out. Like I said, it's hard to tell now with so little information. This area could just be for tech demo purposes.

As for appealing to a wide audience, that problem has mostly been solved by having an older Link and getting rid of Skyward Sword's watercolor style. It looks very clean now, but still full of color. I don't see this style dividing people the way WW and SS did.

Yeah the world did seem a little too barren for my liking, but I guess it could just be a result of it still being in development. I love the idea of an open world Zelda though, I hope they take this chance to include a larger variety of races (Zoras and Gorons obviously, and it'd be cool to see the Kokiri/Koroks again and maybe the Mogmas or the snow people from ST). Larger and more interesting settlements are a must too.

Page 273 of 275 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275 LastLast