• Ocarina of Time

292 41.83%
  • Others

222 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272
Results 6,776 to 6,799 of 6799

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Alternatively, getting to the dungeons in Majora's Mask requires you to explore the areas before them, though even then OoT has more dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Alternatively, getting to the dungeons in Majora's Mask requires you to explore the areas before them.
    Also, completing the dungeons physically changes the area, opening up new things to see and do. OoT did very little of this, like leaving Zora's domain unchanged after the water temple.

Alternatively, getting to the dungeons in Majora's Mask requires you to explore the areas before them, though even then OoT has more dungeons.
    Ocarina may have more dungeons, but they felt like they were there for the sake of being there. You don't really get to see how the dungeon affects the locale like in MM. Mainly, because they lacked the cause-effect chain that MM's dungeons had, which felt a lot more rewarding to me.

Also, why do people assume that Gyorg's new look means that the boss battle will be changed? Not saying it won't be, but Original Gyorg felt like a generic fish monster rather than a masked fish, so the new look actually makes the mask motif stand out.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 16th November 2014 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Sure do, sure do... but Skullfish and Desbrekos are scarier than them.

Aw... I have extremely bad arachnophobia...

And I'm not going to look up Skullfish and Desbrekos on Zeldawiki or whatever the NIWA one is.

I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    While I did complete the game, I will agree that the saving system was truly horrid. It made it so you really had to dedicate no less than an hour (more often two or three, especially if Dungeons are involved), because you couldn't really play in short spans. Even with the "Quicksave" of the Owl Statues, they were few and far between, so you either had to backtrack or start over on your 3-day cycle.

I'm hoping they just give it a quicksave feature that's accessible at any time. That would make it less painful, imo, while still preserving the original 3-day game mechanics.
    That's instantly fixed simply because you can now close the 3DS to indefinitely put the game on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    That's instantly fixed simply because you can now close the 3DS to indefinitely put the game on hold.
    Except as he was saying he wanted to be able to close the game so he could play a different game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes you might want to, you know, stop and play another game. Especially for an impromptu "Hey let's play SSB" invitation, or something. I don't think the 3DS's sleep mode should really be a factor here, honestly. That's like saying "You can just pause the game and turn off your TV" for the N64 version.
    I literally already answered that. Sleep mode =/= saving mechanism.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Aonuma has kindly revealed a sneak peek of the Twilight Princess pack.

Greetings to everyone in our The Legend of Zelda community! I'm Eiji Aonuma, the supervisor for Hyrule Warriors, and I'm happy to talk to you all again.

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released soon, so today I would like to give you a sneak peek at what's inside.

The highlight of the first DLC pack, the Master Quest Pack, was being able to team Link up with Epona. This time around, there will be a new playable character - someone from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... Who do you think it is?

Here's a hint: this character only appeared in this form at the very end of Twilight Princess.

In that game, Midna is cursed and cast out from the Twilight Realm, but now you will be able to unleash her true form as Twili Midna!

When I was developing Twilight Princess, I thought it was such a waste to let a beautiful princess like her only appear in the ending. Now Koei Tecmo Games has made my wish to see more of her come true.

Twili Midna's weapon is the Mirror of Twilight, which appeared in Twilight Princess. This mirror was destroyed at the end of that game, but it's pretty amazing in Hyrule Warriors. In fact, I can't describe in words what's so amazing about it, so I hope you'll download this DLC pack and see for yourself.

In addition to Twili Midna, the Twilight Princess Pack includes new weapons, costumes and an adventure map, so if you played through the original game, they should contribute to the fun you'll have in Hyrule Warriors. (For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.)

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released globally on November 27!

Aonuma has kindly revealed a sneak peek of the Twilight Princess pack.

Greetings to everyone in our The Legend of Zelda community! I'm Eiji Aonuma, the supervisor for Hyrule Warriors, and I'm happy to talk to you all again.

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released soon, so today I would like to give you a sneak peek at what's inside.

The highlight of the first DLC pack, the Master Quest Pack, was being able to team Link up with Epona. This time around, there will be a new playable character - someone from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... Who do you think it is?

Here's a hint: this character only appeared in this form at the very end of Twilight Princess.

In that game, Midna is cursed and cast out from the Twilight Realm, but now you will be able to unleash her true form as Twili Midna!

When I was developing Twilight Princess, I thought it was such a waste to let a beautiful princess like her only appear in the ending. Now Koei Tecmo Games has made my wish to see more of her come true.

Twili Midna's weapon is the Mirror of Twilight, which appeared in Twilight Princess. This mirror was destroyed at the end of that game, but it's pretty amazing in Hyrule Warriors. In fact, I can't describe in words what's so amazing about it, so I hope you'll download this DLC pack and see for yourself.

In addition to Twili Midna, the Twilight Princess Pack includes new weapons, costumes and an adventure map, so if you played through the original game, they should contribute to the fun you'll have in Hyrule Warriors. (For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.)

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released globally on November 27!
    Oh man... I had hopes for Hero's Shade to be the new character. But still, it's great that we get to see that Midna again, this time in action too! And the pack releases around my birthday! Too bad I can't afford a Wii U or own a credit card to buy the dang game and its DLCs...

I'm also curious to see what certain character we 'll get to dress Link as up? Perhaps this is where we get the Hero's Shade... It would be fitting, actually.

Odd that Twili Midna is considered to be a separate character while the Link's secret water weapon isn't.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Odd that Twili Midna is considered to be a separate character while the Link's secret water weapon isn't.
    It's like Zelda, who has Sheik.

The current Midna could be seen as Midna's Sheik form.

It's not that odd really.

The way it works is that there are 2 different models, one for the weapon and one for the character.
    For Link's water weapon, Link's character model is still there, even though you technically are playing as a different character. For Link's other weapons his character model is holding the weapon model, for the weapon in question it is simply switched around.

Now with Midna and Twili Midna, the characters have 2 very separate distinct character models. The only way Twili Midna could work as a weapon model is if the original Midna was present and effectively "wielded" Twili Midna: it wouldn't make any sense.

Midna's chest opening animation would also be messed up, as she'd transform back into Imp form to open the chest, in the same way that Link does when using his water weapon. Character models have chest opening animations, weapon models do not.

It's also why the weapon swapping glitch worked for some characters. Lana could use Zelda's Wind Waker because she is simply a character model wielding a different weapon model.

Oh well, that makes sense, I suppose.

I guess I'm just disappointed the DLC wasn't someone entirely new.
    My signature sucks.

Today was just so good day. Yesterday got bought Nintendo eshop card and today I downloaded my Hero of Hyrule pack today. Now i will get all DLC packs when they get revealed. And it wasn't expensive at all, only 15 euros. I tried Master quest map in adventure mode and that was pretty hard. But luckily, next week Twilight princess pack will come and I will play it as soon as it comes.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

The new weapon has been confirmed to be for Zelda (though they haven't said what it is yet)
    and the new costume for Link is based off of the Postman character.

also:

Clifford the big black wolf?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Spoiler:- Ilia costume for Zelda:

Spoiler:- Postman costume for Link:

Spoiler:- Zelda with the Dominion Rod:

Spoiler:- Twili Midna:

Spoiler:- New Adventure Map:

There is also a free update on the 27th:
    • Raises the level cap
    • Raises the material cap
    • New potions
    • New medals (achievements)
    • Amiibo support
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow. Nintendo does DLC better than everyone else, especially Bandai Namco with their absurd prices for character outfits.

That Ilia outfit...it looks surprisingly like the original, but those ears kind of bug me. As for the Postman outfit? Um...I have no words.

The dominion rod looks cool. Probably the best part of the DLC pack. Too bad I still haven't mustered up the cash to get the season pass. I'm too busy spending it on other video games.
    My signature sucks.

The dominion rod looks cool. Probably the best part of the DLC pack.
    You know what's even cooler about it?

...It's not a weapon for Link.

Was getting pretty tired of Link being up to 7 (with the addition of the Spinner) while the next highest (Lana) only got 3. Not to mention how many characters only have one item as it stands.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The Patch is dropping in Europe as I type this.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Was getting pretty tired of Link being up to 7 (with the addition of the Spinner) while the next highest (Lana) only got 3. Not to mention how many characters only have one item as it stands.
    Yeah, this to.

And why the heck does someone as important as Ganondorf only get one weapon? You'd think they'd give him a Golden Spear or Bouncy Energy Ball or Falcon Punch or something by now.
    My signature sucks.

I really have no words for this:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/...AADtVCilRNqsSA

Spoiler:- TP Spoiler!:
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

So I scanned my Yoshi amiibo figure, and it awarded me a measly Rupee. Just ONE. There's better rewards out there, but yeah. You can scan up to five amiibo figures a day, and you do not have to wait 24 hours - it resets every midnight, local time.

Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272