• Ocarina of Time

293 41.09%
  • Others

229 32.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279
Results 6,951 to 6,959 of 6959

Thread: Zelda games discussion

I've been wondering, are there any major differences between the original Majora's Mask and the new one? I'm assuming they did something to make it easier.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Read it now!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex, listing all of my custom Pokémon visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Chiefly, they altered the control scheme for swimming while Zora Link, they altered the four boss fights and they upgraded the Bomber's Notebook to make it more involved with keeping track of tasks, errands, comings and goings. There may be other small changes but those are the big ones.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Chiefly, they altered the control scheme for swimming while Zora Link, they altered the four boss fights and they upgraded the Bomber's Notebook to make it more involved with keeping track of tasks, errands, comings and goings. There may be other small changes but those are the big ones.
    Some item locations got swapped around too, and the first two Great Fairies swapped locations and thus rewards (you get the extended magic meter in Woodfall instead of the upgraded spin attack, and vice versa for Snowhead).

Some fights were made easier (Odolwa is an absolute joke now), but I would hesitate to say the game is overall any easier. Odolwa is definitely the only significant case of something being dumbed down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Some item locations got swapped around too, and the first two Great Fairies swapped locations and thus rewards (you get the extended magic meter in Woodfall instead of the upgraded spin attack, and vice versa for Snowhead).

Some fights were made easier (Odolwa is an absolute joke now), but I would hesitate to say the game is overall any easier. Odolwa is definitely the only significant case of something being dumbed down though.
    I had just assumed that with the way games are going these days there was going to be some significant dumbing down. I'm glad to hear that isn't the case.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Read it now!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex, listing all of my custom Pokémon visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I had just assumed that with the way games are going these days there was going to be some significant dumbing down.
    That's a poor assumption to make. You know what happens when you assume. You make an *** out of you and then somehow me gets made an *** of by association. So no pulling me down with your assumptions, now, hear?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'd put MM above TP without a second thought.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved TP, but its atmosphere is just nothing in comparison to Majora's Mask.
    TP certainly got kind of gloomy and really creepy at times, I'll give it that. But it missed the sad atmosphere MM had. I believe it's the emotional parts of the story that are what separate "edgy" from "dark".
    Out of the 3D games I've played, I'd put Majora's Mask at an easy first place, with Wind Waker and OoT jockeying for second/third (Replaying OoT recently improved my opinion on it a lot -- the Water Temple isn't the best, but it's mostly just remembered as bad, I suspect, because we were a lot younger. Remembering where you went, or taking notes, improves things a lot -- but by the same token, it kinda got dragged back down because some of the sidequests suck on ice -- the Gerudo Archery Challenge for the quiver upgrade and the Big Poes (especially if, like me, you play it on the GameCube)), with Twilight Princess a fairly far fourth. I just can't seem to get excited about the prospect of playing Twilight Princess like I could when I was a (comparative) young'un.

I've never played Skyward Sword and don't see myelf ever bothering any time soon due to my (potentially irrational?) hatred for motion controls on whole.

They were ranking they games in terms of "darkness", one of those subjective things that can be made to mean whatever. It wasn't strictly a "favorite Zelda" discussion.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They were ranking they games in terms of "darkness", one of those subjective things that can be made to mean whatever. It wasn't strictly a "favorite Zelda" discussion.
    Okay, yeah. That's my nonexistent attention span showing through there.

In which case I would argue that I felt a stronger emotional response to Majora's Mask which makes it the darker game than Twilight Princess by a long shot. Or maybe that's backlash since I felt like TP may have been trying too hard to present itself as dark and gritty (i.e. it sure looks the part) but it ultimately doesn't elicit the same kinds of responses -- basically, as someone said elsewhere in the thread, it's the difference between just being "edgy" and being really "dark." Twilight Princess feels like (pardon my French) the Shadow the Hedgehog of the franchise, if you exclude the part where Shadow the Hedgehog could be less than playable at times and included poorly-designed faux replayability. So, uh, nothing like Shadow the Hedgehog, I guess.

Point may be that it's just kind of nebulous. I've been writing this as I think, because I guess I don't believe in penning cohesive thoughts.

(edit: And, you know, I could be completely full of it, as I never finished the game. I also haven't played it at all in years.)
    Last edited by The Admiral; Today at 8:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I've been wondering, are there any major differences between the original Majora's Mask and the new one? I'm assuming they did something to make it easier.
    The saving system is now different. Whereas the Owl Statues previously just did a "Quicksave" and the Song of Time did a full save, Song of Time no longer saves your game, and Owl Statues do full saves. They've also added additional statues that you can't Soar to, but you can still save at. It's much better this way.

Song of Double Time has been improved as well. Whereas previously it would skip ahead to 6am or 6pm, it no lets you advance to any specific hour in your current day. It's rather helpful in that you don't have to sit around waiting for those tasks that can only be done at awkward hours.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod, one of the writers for the PotW, and (apparently) best regular mod of 2014.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279