293 40.81%
  • Others

232 32.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284
Results 7,076 to 7,081 of 7081

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    given they're redoing the previous games into 3d, is there a good chance oracle of seasons/age are likely to be in the pipeline?
    Not likely for a while at least. First, they would do Link's Awakening. That was the big in-house game. The Oracles were developed by Capcom and sold much less. If Link's Awakening gets remade, it's possible they could follow since they use the same engine and graphical style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you think Ocarina of Time is packed with emotion, I think you should play some real story-focused games. It's not even the best example from its own time period.
    What a toxic, pretentious statement. Yes, clearly I've never played any "real" games, and you know far more than me! Thanks for telling me what I should play! Ocarina of Time is not focused on story, and although time periods have little to do with it, just for example, Xenogears came out the same time and its story is so far ahead that they can't even be compared. Xenogears script alone is longer than all Zelda games combined. With that much writing and development, it makes any emotion in Ocarina of Time/WW/TP/SS seem almost nonexistent in comparison. I was only talking about Ocarina in comparison to other Zelda games, to which it is very similar. Anyone touting other Zeldas as having far better story have to be biased or jumping on the hipster hate-wagon. Because none of them are "real story-focused." The atmosphere, which is mainly what I was talking about in the first place, is still unique and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Any emotional investment I had in OoT's story was shallow, at best. Wind Waker did a much better job of exerting some actual emotional power, mostly because Link wasn't just another blank, emotionless, dead-behind-the-eyes everyhero like in previous games. You can't relate to a piece of cardboard.
    He now shows a shocked faced when something surprising happens, a serious face when he's fighting, and a happy face when something good happens. That has nothing to do with character, and he's still the same as every other game. Wind Waker has everything great Ocarina of Time has and does it a bit differently. It's normal to like one over the other. The story and atmosphere are great. But Link is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Seachran View Post
    What a toxic, pretentious statement. Yes, clearly I've never played any "real" games, and you know far more than me! Thanks for telling me what I should play! Ocarina of Time is not focused on story, and although time periods have little to do with it, just for example, Xenogears came out the same time and its story is so far ahead that they can't even be compared. Xenogears script alone is longer than all Zelda games combined. With that much writing and development, it makes any emotion in Ocarina of Time/WW/TP/SS seem almost nonexistent in comparison. I was only talking about Ocarina in comparison to other Zelda games, to which it is very similar. Anyone touting other Zeldas as having far better story have to be biased or jumping on the hipster hate-wagon. Because none of them are "real story-focused." The atmosphere, which is mainly what I was talking about in the first place, is still unique and well done.
    I think you took both Ocarina of Time and what I said far too seriously.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So why are the Dinolfos in Agitha's Level 3 mission allowed to cheat?

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    So why are the Dinolfos in Agitha's Level 3 mission allowed to cheat?

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.
    That one mission is more manageable if you face the horde of Dinolfos charging straight at you and you start a very long juggling chain with her BBY combo. And with Hasty Attacks, it becomes a cakewalk.

Little Mac thought he was ready for the BIG leagues...
    But he was only ready for a squishing sound coming from his body... ~Made by yours truly~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That one mission is more manageable if you face the horde of Dinolfos charging straight at you and you start a very long juggling chain with her BBY combo. And with Hasty Attacks, it becomes a cakewalk.
    Basically this. Let them come to you, since the BBY has a little lag time. As soon as one BBY combo ends (The beetle spawns), immediately start another, since by the time the Dinolfos hit the ground from being flipped into the air by the first Beetle, the second one should've already spawned. If the don't get hit and manage to get too close, just smack them with an X special to scatter them. Your success in Agitha's Level 3 weapon mission is dependent on beating that first wave of Dinolfos quickly without taking much damage. Usually within the first 5 minutes, you know how it'll turn out.

...Zant's is worse, IMO.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod, one of the writers for the PotW, and (apparently) best regular mod of 2014.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think you took both Ocarina of Time and what I said far too seriously.
    Well that's a convenient way to end a discussion. Sorry for trying to have one in this discussion thread. From now on I guess I'll just post non serious one-liners.

Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284