293 40.75%
  • Others

232 32.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 284 of 286 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 7145

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    given they're redoing the previous games into 3d, is there a good chance oracle of seasons/age are likely to be in the pipeline?
    Not likely for a while at least. First, they would do Link's Awakening. That was the big in-house game. The Oracles were developed by Capcom and sold much less. If Link's Awakening gets remade, it's possible they could follow since they use the same engine and graphical style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you think Ocarina of Time is packed with emotion, I think you should play some real story-focused games. It's not even the best example from its own time period.
    What a toxic, pretentious statement. Yes, clearly I've never played any "real" games, and you know far more than me! Thanks for telling me what I should play! Ocarina of Time is not focused on story, and although time periods have little to do with it, just for example, Xenogears came out the same time and its story is so far ahead that they can't even be compared. Xenogears script alone is longer than all Zelda games combined. With that much writing and development, it makes any emotion in Ocarina of Time/WW/TP/SS seem almost nonexistent in comparison. I was only talking about Ocarina in comparison to other Zelda games, to which it is very similar. Anyone touting other Zeldas as having far better story have to be biased or jumping on the hipster hate-wagon. Because none of them are "real story-focused." The atmosphere, which is mainly what I was talking about in the first place, is still unique and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Any emotional investment I had in OoT's story was shallow, at best. Wind Waker did a much better job of exerting some actual emotional power, mostly because Link wasn't just another blank, emotionless, dead-behind-the-eyes everyhero like in previous games. You can't relate to a piece of cardboard.
    He now shows a shocked faced when something surprising happens, a serious face when he's fighting, and a happy face when something good happens. That has nothing to do with character, and he's still the same as every other game. Wind Waker has everything great Ocarina of Time has and does it a bit differently. It's normal to like one over the other. The story and atmosphere are great. But Link is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Seachran View Post
    What a toxic, pretentious statement. Yes, clearly I've never played any "real" games, and you know far more than me! Thanks for telling me what I should play! Ocarina of Time is not focused on story, and although time periods have little to do with it, just for example, Xenogears came out the same time and its story is so far ahead that they can't even be compared. Xenogears script alone is longer than all Zelda games combined. With that much writing and development, it makes any emotion in Ocarina of Time/WW/TP/SS seem almost nonexistent in comparison. I was only talking about Ocarina in comparison to other Zelda games, to which it is very similar. Anyone touting other Zeldas as having far better story have to be biased or jumping on the hipster hate-wagon. Because none of them are "real story-focused." The atmosphere, which is mainly what I was talking about in the first place, is still unique and well done.
    I think you took both Ocarina of Time and what I said far too seriously.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So why are the Dinolfos in Agitha's Level 3 mission allowed to cheat?

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    So why are the Dinolfos in Agitha's Level 3 mission allowed to cheat?

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.
    That one mission is more manageable if you face the horde of Dinolfos charging straight at you and you start a very long juggling chain with her BBY combo. And with Hasty Attacks, it becomes a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That one mission is more manageable if you face the horde of Dinolfos charging straight at you and you start a very long juggling chain with her BBY combo. And with Hasty Attacks, it becomes a cakewalk.
    Basically this. Let them come to you, since the BBY has a little lag time. As soon as one BBY combo ends (The beetle spawns), immediately start another, since by the time the Dinolfos hit the ground from being flipped into the air by the first Beetle, the second one should've already spawned. If the don't get hit and manage to get too close, just smack them with an X special to scatter them. Your success in Agitha's Level 3 weapon mission is dependent on beating that first wave of Dinolfos quickly without taking much damage. Usually within the first 5 minutes, you know how it'll turn out.

...Zant's is worse, IMO.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod, one of the writers for the PotW, and (apparently) best regular mod of 2014. Also now available in orange!

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think you took both Ocarina of Time and what I said far too seriously.
    Well that's a convenient way to end a discussion. Sorry for trying to have one in this discussion thread. From now on I guess I'll just post non serious one-liners.

are the secrets in oracle of seasons useful as far as making the game easier ie better weapons or is i just unlocking some side quests? it seems like i managed somehow to skip over 1 secret already and ive already gone as far as the summer rod.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    are the secrets in oracle of seasons useful as far as making the game easier ie better weapons or is i just unlocking some side quests? it seems like i managed somehow to skip over 1 secret already and ive already gone as far as the summer rod.
    You unlock better items. You can get the level 3 Sword and Shield upgrades, the Biggoron's Sword (uses both A and B slots but has huge power and a wide arc), a heart container, Bombchus, upgraded capacities for your Bombs, Seed Satchel, and Ring Box, and four rings (two per game) that you wouldn't otherwise be able to get. They're all useful perks.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod, one of the writers for the PotW, and (apparently) best regular mod of 2014. Also now available in orange!

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You unlock better items. You can get the level 3 Sword and Shield upgrades, the Biggoron's Sword (uses both A and B slots but has huge power and a wide arc), a heart container, Bombchus, upgraded capacities for your Bombs, Seed Satchel, and Ring Box, and four rings (two per game) that you wouldn't otherwise be able to get. They're all useful perks.
    ty for the reply, im guessing some of these perks will need a game reset. ive yet to find any secrets atm, im sure i missed some flags to find them somewhere.

is there a way to get the pyramid jewel without dimitri's flute? i have ricky flute only and they're mutually exclusive so im i n a tight spot. i got 3 of 4 jewels and the red pyramid one isnt in th espot i see in youtube vids.
    nvm i found it now though it nows makes sense that the jewels will be in different places with the 3 beasts for jewel locations. kind of makes me wasnt to restart someday and take the reptile over the kangaroo.
    Last edited by nel3; 29th May 2015 at 5:47 PM.
    polar pattern Vivillion

So...i am getting my first zelda game on 2nd June (my b'day) and i am gonna get Majora's Mask 3d but i am confused about how well i can do without a guide or anything. I've been watching youtube videos and it seems hard to figure out all the sidequests, HOW do i know which time i can trigger this and that without a guide/walkthrough? I really don't want to use them. And then talking to everybody in such a HUGE world seems impossible to me, unlike in pokemon with just like 5-15 people in a town.
    My FC: 4098-4557-7957
    Poison safari, with muk, garbodor, and gloom

The Eternian Forces League Normal Gym: OPEN
    Pokemon Aqua Gym League Flying Gym: OPEN

Grass type GYM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post
    So...i am getting my first zelda game on 2nd June (my b'day) and i am gonna get Majora's Mask 3d but i am confused about how well i can do without a guide or anything. I've been watching youtube videos and it seems hard to figure out all the sidequests, HOW do i know which time i can trigger this and that without a guide/walkthrough? I really don't want to use them. And then talking to everybody in such a HUGE world seems impossible to me, unlike in pokemon with just like 5-15 people in a town.
    Talk to everybody in the game and whatever relevant sidequest occurs through them will get automatically dotted down on your "sidequest" journal showing times when you can start them.

Worst case scenario you can also pick up Ocarina of Time for the 3ds, which while longer is arguably way easier due to the lack of the 3-day system.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, NFL Writer/Mocker, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

i just beat oracle of seasons for the first time and i have a question regarding the first secret. i understand the the secret of Labrynna will let you reset and start with sheild/sword and a 2nd heart. would it be possible to run 2 files on the game? i save the completed through the 3ds system and copy that file to the second save file. would it allow me to reset the game with the secret if i use it on the 2nd save file? id like to try the game with the bear or reptile flute.
    polar pattern Vivillion

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Sounds like a GOTY edition, with all DLC included.

Do we know yet if it's New-exclusive?

I don't think it will be New 3DS exclusive, the boxart shown for the game just shows the normal 3DS logo, not the one for New 3DS games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I suppose there may be some features of the game exclusive to the New 3DS like C-Stick (Pad?) control and just looking better.

Although one thing I noticed from the gameplay they showed in the trailer, is that the graphics look visually similar to the ones used for character models in SSB4 on 3DS. Still looks nice either way, I can't wait to hear more news about it at E3.

I sure do hope Tetra and DAPHNES NOHANSEN HYRULE will be released as DLC for the Wii U version without really having to buy the 3DS version for the transfer process. I sure can't burn over +100 hours all over again.

(Well, I could just buy the 3DS version, sneak those two in the Wii U, and then resell it.)

EDIT: A single shot of a crossbow next to Tetra seems to indicate that Link's female version will be included.

Nobody in the game uses a crossbow, but the female Link named Linkle has one with the very same design in her character design.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 10th June 2015 at 10:44 PM.

Nobody in the game uses a crossbow, but the female Link named Linkle has one with the very same design in her character design.
    Link's Crossbow Training may have been bad, but it exists.

Time will tell the significance of the crossbow but I'd say it's far too early to draw any sort of conclusive evidence.

Wait... They're porting Hyrule Warriors to the 3ds! Woo, now I have absolutely no reason to buy a Wii U, and another great game on 3ds!
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

EDIT: A single shot of a crossbow next to Tetra seems to indicate that Link's female version will be included.

Wait...what?
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

That character swapping mechanic is something I wanted from the start. Assuming they don't patch that into the Wii U version, I'm definitely getting the 3DS game.
    Tetra is looking to be a pretty cool character, despite the way her art style pops out.

I'm just going to point at that the crossbow was the same design as the one Linkle held. That really boost her chacnes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Wait...what?
    When the game was still new, there was a bit of concept art that got revealed. One of them was a girl holding a cross bow who resembled Link, and she got the most attention out of all of them. I think one of the guys at Koei Tecmo teased that they might use her in the future just because she was so popular.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 11th June 2015 at 12:00 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'm just going to point at that the crossbow was the same design as the one Linkle held. That really boost her chacnes. When the game was still new, there was a bit of concept art that got revealed. One of them was a girl holding a cross bow who resembled Link, and she got the most attention out of all of them. I think one of the guys at Koei Tecmo teased that they might use her in the future just because she was so popular.
    That's just creepy.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

That's just creepy.
    Someone doesn't like Rule 63.

Someone doesn't like Rule 63.
    I don't know what that means.

Check it out!

That's just creepy.
    ...Why? The design by itself looks fine, and plenty of games deal with Protagonists with variable gender; I'm not sure why it's creepy now.

I don't know what that means.
    I'm pretty sure you can figure it out from the context, but it's the idea that every fictional character has an opposite gender counterpart.

Page 284 of 286 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286 LastLast