293 40.75%
  • Others

232 32.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 7157

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    ...Why? The design by itself looks fine, and plenty of games deal with Protagonists with variable gender; I'm not sure why it's creepy now.
    In games like Pokemon the male and female protagonist are two completely different characters. I've never played Fire Emblem, but I can't help but find Robin being to be both genders in Smash Bros somewhat creepy, since they are the same person, but different gender. I find it especially creepy for an established character like Link. Link is a guy, there's no arguing that, so why make him a girl? I really feel like changing a character's gender should just be left to fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can figure it out from the context, but it's the idea that every fictional character has an opposite gender counterpart.
    I've just never heard it called that before. I guess I somewhat over exaggerated by saying that.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Link is a guy, there's no arguing that, so why make him a girl? I really feel like changing a character's gender should just be left to fan fiction.
    they wouldn't be changing his gender, they'd be adding a new character

IIRC wasn't Linkel intended to be Link's sister?

I think I heard a rumor that Linkle was Link's daughter from the future a while back. I just can't remember if it was confirmed or not.
    It'd make sense, because she's Zelda's iconic hair ties in the front.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Sorta. Linkle was intended to replace Link and she would have "sister-like" qualities. What that implies, I have no idea.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I think I heard a rumor that Linkle was Link's daughter from the future a while back. I just can't remember if it was confirmed or not.
    It'd make sense, because she's Zelda's iconic hair ties in the front.
    It was a mistranslation.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    they wouldn't be changing his gender, they'd be adding a new character

If it is a sister or daughter, I guess that's fine. I'll say it again though, this all sounds like a fan fiction, not a spin-off video game.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

In games like Pokemon the male and female protagonist are two completely different characters. I've never played Fire Emblem, but I can't help but find Robin being to be both genders in Smash Bros somewhat creepy, since they are the same person, but different gender. I find it especially creepy for an established character like Link. Link is a guy, there's no arguing that, so why make him a girl? I really feel like changing a character's gender should just be left to fan fiction.
    If you find the very idea of a female version of a character creepy by default without any real rationale, than there really isn't any point arguing over it.

Link may be a guy in every incarnation thus far, but he is also every bit as much a player stand-in (less so in more recent games, but that is the intent all the same) as your character in Pokemon or Robin. And they're not turning Link into a girl; they're creating a Link who is a girl. Though that's mostly a distinction without a difference, I suppose.

Haven't played any zelda in awhile. Last I played spirit tracks. I really want to try and beat it but I keep getting bored of it >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

If it is a sister or daughter, I guess that's fine. I'll say it again though, this all sounds like a fan fiction, not a spin-off video game.
    I always thought of Hyrule Warriors as sort of a fan fiction.
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

this all sounds like a fan fiction, not a spin-off video game.
    So you're saying a Zelda x Dynasty Warriors game that has made sport of drawing in as many disparate elements from across Zelda lore as possible from perspectives both external and internal (you know, among other things) isn't necessarily canon to the core of the franchise?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I always thought of Hyrule Warriors as sort of a fan fiction.
    Yeah, since I said that, I've been thinking the same thing. Between multiple worlds/eras coming together, original characters, and the general story line, it really does give a fan fiction-esque vibe. I guess this is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    So you're saying a Zelda x Dynasty Warriors game that has made sport of drawing in as many disparate elements from across Zelda lore as possible from perspectives both external and internal (you know, among other things) isn't necessarily canon to the core of the franchise?
    I would say that there's spin off level, and then there's fan fiction level. But yeah, as I just said above, I realized how silly that statement was.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 11th June 2015 at 5:24 AM.

Check it out!

Crossovers in general are not storyline marvels, the thing with a crossover is that you're just trying to get these characters together so that they can do stuff, so you're not going to focus on the minor details that much. This is especially the case with those that crossover from different dimensions or even series as there's of course going to be a lot of clashing and the like with the story details from each game, so you just do what you can that makes sense and then just have fun with it. Really, screw continuity, we're just here to have Ruto punch around Zant while Midna and the King of Red Lions are busy taking down The Imprisoned.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

That's what i hate about crossover. They don't even try to make a story. Just because you are making a crossover doesn't mean the story cannot be good.
    The worst part about this is that Hyrule warrior is the typical hack n slash game which means the experience will feel even more flat.
    At least the wii u version had nice graphics and a lot of content, but we all know the 3ds won't receive the same amount of content and the graphics will not be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    That's what i hate about crossover. They don't even try to make a story. Just because you are making a crossover doesn't mean the story cannot be good.
    The worst part about this is that Hyrule warrior is the typical hack n slash game which means the experience will feel even more flat.
    At least the wii u version had nice graphics and a lot of content, but we all know the 3ds won't receive the same amount of content and the graphics will not be as good.
    I actually kind of liked Hyrule Warrior's story (except the awkwardness that was the Gannondorf half).

Check it out!

Hyrule Warrior's story felt kind of slapped together to me, especially when it got to the time travel segment.
    And the Master Sword's "true power" coming from friendship is just stupid.

Well as pointed out, it's sort of impossible to make a story for a game like Hyrule Warriors make sense. It has to be a mish-mash of really convenient plot devices.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think I like it because it was more of a narrative than Zelda stories normally are. It wasn't necessarily higher quality, but it was interesting.

Check it out!

I loved Hyrule Warriors. I just wish they had a shop where you could pay money to level your highest level character like you could in Fire Emblem. I hate after beating the game and doing the challenges and master quest you have to grind to be high level to deal with the CPU's BS.

I do not know why we are getting another Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS? It is cool that Tetra and Daphnes are playable even though they do not fit with the style of the game haha.(Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game though even though I think Ocarina is objectively the best from a game design standpoint) They need to have Saria and Nabooru playable along with Komali and Medlii. It would also be cool if they had Demise in there as well. Also have the skull kid be playable along with Vaati. It has been ages since we have had him in the series.

My Advanceshipping AU fic The Legend of May: An Ash to the Past COMPLETE!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoys View Post
    I do not know why we are getting another Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS?
    it's not a sequel, it's a port

the Wii U game sold like ass in Japan, so they're putting it on a handheld to get more yen from it

Seriously? Sold that badly? Yeesh. I was told it was probably the best wii u game going.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
    Seriously? Sold that badly? Yeesh. I was told it was probably the best wii u game going.
    And you believed that? Over Smash and Mario Kart?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well, I've played both at a mate's, and mk8 is awful IMO, and smash U... it's ok, but apparently Hyrule Warriors is better in terms of gameplay. Because who buys a LoZ game for the story anyway?
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Smash for the 3DS seems broken to me in terms of the AI. It took me two hours to get Dark Pit because he kept blocking all my attacks and coming back whenever I knocked him off the stage but Wario falls off in two seconds and I get him? What's up with that? And it was all on the same difficulty level too. Two weeks it took me to unlock all the fighters and I am unable to get past the first page in the unlock section which is sad. If it weren't for the Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, and Bowser Jr's Kooplings altos, I'd have given up on the game.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

While this is not the thread for saying this stuff, yes the AI is janky for unlockables. It's about level 8/9 for some of the later ones. First page in the unlock section, I advise not wasting hammers.

Also, question: Who else would you like to see added for Hyrule Warriors 3DS? They announced Tetra and someone else, I think there'll be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
    While this is not the thread for saying this stuff, yes the AI is janky for unlockables. It's about level 8/9 for some of the later ones. First page in the unlock section, I advise not wasting hammers.

Also, question: Who else would you like to see added for Hyrule Warriors 3DS? They announced Tetra and someone else, I think there'll be more.
    Vaati. Now that would be a neat addition.

Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287 LastLast