Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shanej.mullan View Post
    I just got my first ever shiny . A Timid Bulbasaur with pretty good IVs. Was hoping for a non shiny Modest with some good IVs but this is far better. Time to try my luck with Squirtle

https://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=2063674&la
    Just to let you know, your Pokémon is set to private in PokéCheck, so we can't see the screenshot :3
    (I'd recommend using the PrtScrn key on Pokécheck, blanking out the PID and re-uploading it somewhere else.

I see you registered so that you could post that, in which case I'm hoping you keep coming on here and talking about your future shinies.

Timid + Shiny indeed is far better than Modest + Good IV's, IMO.

@Pingouin7

Thanks, I have changed the link.
    I was unaware you couldn't see it if it was private, I thought private just meant others couldn't clone it. I guess I was wrong

Very nice!
    I like how the Bulbasaur turned out to be shiny with you HG/SS ID SID.
    That's a nice stroke of luck!

If you think about it... had you chosen to hatch it still in D/P/Pt, it'd have hatched non-shiny and you would have missed out. :/

Hey, I am new to this forum. I made an account to ask this question; I can't find the answer at all on the internet.

I want to get a shiny Charmander from Professor Oak in Heartgold. I know that, with the Johto starters, you can look at the picture without going into the summary to tell if the pokemon is shiny. Does the same rule apply to the Kanto starters, or do I have to go into the summary?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by T.Roller; 20th September 2012 at 1:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Roller View Post
    Hey, I am new to this forum. I made an account to ask this question; I can't find the answer at all on the internet.

I want to get a shiny Charmander from Professor Oak in Heartgold. I know that, with the Johto starters, you can look at the picture without going into the summary to tell if the pokemon is shiny. Does the same rule apply to the Kanto starters, or do I have to go into the summary?

Thank you for your help.
    Nope, it unfortunately doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Nope, it unfortunately doesn't.
    Thank you very much. I appreciate your quick response.

I began a new game on my Heart Gold version recently, and lo and behold, the second Pokemon encounter was this beautiful bird:

Spoiler:- Shiny Pidgey:

Her name is Windy. She has been transferred to my White 2 version and is currently waiting to be traded to my English Black 2 game when I get it in a few weeks. She will part of my in-game team there~.
    Last edited by FireEmblemAddict; 23rd September 2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    I began a new game on my Heart Gold version recently, and lo and behold, the second Pokemon encounter was this beautiful bird:

Spoiler:- Shiny Pidgey:

Her name is Windy. She has been transferred to my White 2 version and is currently waiting to be traded to my English Black 2 game when I get it in a few weeks. She will part of my in-game team there~.
    Very nice!
    (Fun fact: This is almost exactly like Arcanine's Japanese name.)

I have a small question about chaining... Is it possible for the shiny patch to appear above Dawn's head? D: I've seen it like 9 times and it only appears to where I could see it. And also will it appear like behind a tree/fence/boulder...? nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I have a small question about chaining... Is it possible for the shiny patch to appear above Dawn's head? D: I've seen it like 9 times and it only appears to where I could see it. And also will it appear like behind a tree/fence/boulder...? nya~
    Firstly, quote. Yes a shiny patch can appear there. It is why you should always be careful when resetting to increase your chain to 40. Apparently (as i have only played as Dawn in one game and don't use that one for chaining) with Dawn it is possible to see the shiny patches above the character. So obviously if you see one go for it. Regarding the trees etc if you are careful enough you will not get into such a situation. Follow the guides on the pokeradar thread.

Secondly i have been successful in finally getting my shiny Nincada. Well i ended up with three as i mistepped and a budew broke the chain but oh well i got three of them.

Congratulations on all recently gained shinies and i wish everyone else luck on thier shiny hunts.
    Shinies are good.

I only got 2 shinies on my Hg, they are Goldeen (random encountered) and Gyrados. I had a shiny golbat on white but my ds ran out of power D:
    Looking for:
    Male Deino or its evolutions with Dark Pulse/ 5th gen
    MUDKIPZ / 4th Gen
    Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard in 4th Gen
    Raer Candeh
    Offerings: Zekrom
    Zoruas of any kind (Moveset is Scratch Leer Snarl and Embargo)
    PKMN White FC: 4126 4611 0615
    PKMN Platinum FC: 2322 9429 0319
    PKMN Platinum FC 2: 1678 9045 8445
    FEED THE STEVES
    "Swamp. Mountain.
    Ocean. Canyon.
    Hurry, the four who are there...
    Bring them here!"
    -Tatl from Majora's Mask

Not sure if I ever posted this so here's the video of my shiny dialga:

http://www.youtube.com/v/VU9zALzRL_k

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

About to 5000 soft resets for Rayquaza. I have been able to do about 1300 SR a day for the past few days since I haven't had work or school, but it should be too bad to keep up a good pace. I'm hoping it shines before B2W2 come out in a few days...good luck everyone!
    Shinies: ;663;

Currently hunting: N/A

About an hour ago I found this shiny roselia its modest likes to thrash about, I probably won't check its IV's, may teach it some weird moves though

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

About five hours ago I was just praticing with pokeradar and I was watch TV and when I looked at the screen I had encouted an shiny Male brave Shinx on my uncle's Diamond file once my uncle is done with transfering his pokemon from his White to his Black 2. I'm gonna transfer it to my White 2 and train it, It iv's were: 19/19/21/9/5/20.
    NEWEST SHINY POKEMON:
    Shiny Watchog (Female) Fifi Lv 55
    Obtained: 11/18/12
    Naive nature, A little quick tempered.
    Stats:
    hp 145, attack 113, defence 95, sp.attack 73, sp.defence 83, speed 114
    Keen eye ability
    Ivs:
    Hp 26, attack 27, defence 26 ,sp. attack 4 ,Sp. defence 22, Speed 26 (What is it with 26?)

Shines:

Secret target status: Japenese ditto is obtained

'Nothing is normal, curosity will agree...'

Just caught a shiny uxie today after three resets. That was more exciting than my average school holiday, honestly.

Current shinies: - 3 SRs, - 5 SRs, - Random encounter
    Hunts: , , // .

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    'Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.'

I am an Eevee fanatic. I am proud to say I have them all inc Eevee that I use on a reg basis. I tried MM for one, just one Shiny eevee with no luck at all. I must have done about 1500 eggs and not a single one. Very discouraging. And then I read about Eevee appearing in Mr. Backlot's garden. I SUCK at chaining. But I did it through lots of frustration. I got 5 shiny eevee's on the first night/chain before it broke. Then the next day i finally got my last 3. Although getting the last Eevee almost gave me a heart attack, I fainted two of them in the attempt to get it. They just didn't want to be caught. BUT i am now a proud owner of an all SHINY eeveelution team. YAY life is complete

restarted my HG so I could try to get a shiny starter, I hope for Chikorita,
    already have a totodile. so anything will be fine besides Toto
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Just got through my second play through of SS and first of HG and am now soft resetting for shiny rayquaza!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Finally!! After 4800ish resets, I got a shiny starter. A Cyndaquil! Cyndaquil was the one I wanted the least, but I'll definitely take it!!
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

SRing HG hoping for shiny starter so far I've reset 256 times. (Since I started count. I probably had close to 2-3 thousand before that)

Shiny Count.jpg
    Last edited by breetel03; 14th December 2012 at 8:01 PM.

I am currently gunning for a shiny Johto starter. At 625 SRs, hoping for Cyndaquil.

Also at 4,360 REs on Route 203 for my Platinum BQ.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Started Fired red for the first time a week ago. Almost to the end of the game, and I encountered a shiny Natu! And it's Modest!!
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

SHINY JOHTO STARTER after a total of 4,888 SRs, which is 14,664 Starters seen total (unless you count the 2 non shiny that came with the shiny which I certainly will not here). Man I am totally psyched about this shiny! It was no doubt the one I wanted the least but I finally get to start my BQ! Yay. So without further ado, it's male, it's sassy, and it's brownish.... it's Cyndaquil!

Also here's the video:

http://youtu.be/L6TVr68-QcM

Still shaking a bit. But I think it's time to start my BQ, which I'm racing Charoshi in, who got a cyndaquil too. On to Mr. Pokemon's house, and eventually the Union Cave.

Btw do you guys think I should EV it, or not? I have a rash one also, that is still at level 5 so I'm not sure. Tell me what you think.

Good luck to everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hello Everybody!
    Today is some symbolic data of the Earth, so i've awaited for it for my shiny hunts
    As some of you know i'm that shiny hunter who likes specifics data of owned pokemons (that's my own higher target in this), so today, after i will get my dreamworld Arceus (yes, this one from voting, last year? still got it to do) i'm going to do some matsuda's eggs for shiny Absol to own him/her in Sinjoh Ruins.
    I have more options to do.. there is Cresselia that still blocks my legit Darkrai in Platinum, so i can try with blue psychic beauty or gamecorner Abra.
    The day of psychics (xD) drives me to Unova also, where shiny Gothita hides somewhere, but i decided to deal with 4th gen at last.
    Wish me luck and god luck shiny hunters!
    My current shiny hunting progress...

- [Pt] Eevee for Leafeon, Flower Paradise, Matsuda Method - 172MM's..
    - [Pt] Gastly, Old Chateau - 4200RE's..
    - [Pt] Cresselia, for Route 210 - 2005SR's..
    - [SS] Raikou/Entei, for Route 44 - 228SR's..
    - [SS] Absol, Sinjoh Ruins, Matsuda Method - 910MM's..
    - [SS] Koffing, Burned Tower - 2505RE's..
    - [SS] Abra, Goldenrod City - 4550x5SR's..

LAST TIME PROGRESSED

------------------------
    LAST TIME OWNED:
    (2011.11.29) (BLK 5742 RE's) [Route 16] Brave
        Spoiler:- NOMAD'S SHINY CARD #001:

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast