Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

I was chaining a budew, and it broke, to find a shiny bidoof. It was really startling and aggrivating, partly because i loathe bidoof. irony. xD

Yeah that's nice.

After over 17k REs, I finally caught my shiny Mareep!! The wait was long, but it was worth it. I got my first shiny choice. Now my Badge Quest can continue!
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I was training in the 4x2 patch of grass once while I was bored and I encountered a Shiny Tangela, I was so excited and when that Ultra ball went *Click* I almost laughed of excitement It's bizarre, I'm 18, play shooter games and horror games, but when I find a shiny my heart races more XD
    Sorry if I'm not replying swiftly, I've got a lot of messages!

Y Friend Code: 5429 - 7016 - 0452

soft reseted (reset'd?) for a pink moltres, my daughter wanted it, and how can I say no? It was the first time SR actually worked for me.
    I had to reset my 3DS,

Friend Code is 4742-6299-3861

Friend Safari- Pyroar, Growlithe, Fletchingder

Looking for scyther, Frogadier, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ditto, Eevee

Earlier I was training my Umbreon just south of Goldenrod when a Shiny Drowzee appeared...I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a second.

Anyway I finally caught a shiny that wasn't the Red Gyarados...took about a decade but still, I finally caught one.
    Friend Codes:

Soul Silver 5157-4043-3208
    Platinum 1248-9847-9278
    White 5243-3643-0105

Just caught my third random encounter shiny! A pretty purple Nidoran girl named Sasami.

Unfortunately this was on an unsavable restart of my HG version, so she' s pretty much lost to me already...
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

I've got a lot of shiny event pokemon (entei pichu etc.) and a shiny sneazel that I found near snowpoint. (it just had to be pink)

Congrats on all the recent shinies!

Oh, welcome back, Nomad! I've missed seeing you post and show your new shinies. Hope you have a successful hunt soon! ^^

It feels like it's been forever, but I finally have a new 4th Gen shiny I can post about .

Copypasting from the General Shiny Thread:

Oh my gosh, yes!!! After months of SRing between my different targets, I finally have a new shiny, and my first one of the New Year ^_^

And it is...

Spoiler:- *insert drumroll here* XD:

Good luck everyone on your hunts :3.
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

I ran into a shiny Tentacruel in SoulSilver while surfing around Whirl Islands.
    It's the first shiny Pokémon I've caught, aside from the Red Gyarados.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity_ View Post
    I ran into a shiny Tentacruel in SoulSilver while surfing around Whirl Islands.
    It's the first shiny Pokémon I've caught, aside from the Red Gyarados.
    Omg, the first shiny Pokémon I ever encountered was a Tentacruel in Gold while surfing around those island. I didn't menage to catch it, though D:

Woah, Was so tired of MMing in my White 2, and tried chaining in my Old Game Pearl
    Got Shiny Roselia on 47th for almost 3 hours of chaining
    a Week after
    Shiny Ponyta on 50th , i continued the chain and got another on 62nd , so its really possible to get 2 or more shiny in 1 chain. Like
    They are my only shinies aside from free Shiny Dratini in White 2,

IV's are Roserade(got it evolved) HP / Atk/ Def / SaTK / SdeF/ Spd Respectively
    10 - 15
    19 - 24
    8 - 13
    0 - 2
    14 - 19
    3 - 8

Ponyta 50th
    17 - 22
    0 - 2
    0 - 1
    20 - 25
    9 - 14
    9 - 14

Ponya 62nd
    23 - 27
    25 - 29
    2 - 6
    20 - 25
    0 - 3
    15 - 19

I'm glad people still is finding shinies! Those rare, different colored pokemons are so pretty! So here is my story: I stopped using the pokeradar some weeks ago (became kinda boring, wanted to do something new), and started soft resetting in my heartgold.

Finally, after weeks of SR'ing, i got it! I was watching TV, and when i looked down i couldn't believe my own eyes. A red/pink Lugia! Tried to capture it in a pokeball to match the color, but i got scared when it only had Safeguard left, so i used my Masterball. Stats? Not the best but absolutely not the worst!

Nature: Timid (Thanks Abra <3 )
    IVs:
    HP 28-29
    ATK 9-9
    DEF 3-4 (meh, who cares about defense...)
    SPEC ATK 12-12 (This could have been higher)
    SPEC DEF 28-29
    SPD 29-29

Overall good enough stats, and the red color looks wonderful.

I must say i'm really happy now! It's my first legendary shiny-hunt, but definitely not my last!

- My Offers -

Spoiler:- My Offers:

- Looking For -
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

I do only trade and accept legally obtained pokemon. I'm also using instacheck.

One of the 3 shiny pachirisu I chained today has a good nature (Modest)! I'm so happy. My next shiny will be Eevee if I find it in the trophy garden, otherwise I'll try to get a Budew.

I know this is not catching them but a friend is moving away and he has given me his copy of HG and there are at least 100 shinys on it! They seem to be legit, he has pumped over 300 hours into the game! Delighted with this goldmine!

Spoke to him there, he says they are all legit!, Some effort!
    Last edited by Phenetic; 13th February 2013 at 6:24 PM.
    FC: 0705-4126-9115

Friend me! All welcome!

Chained five Shiny Shinxs five days ago ^.^

Any sugestions for a future chain?, something easy to acomplish.

After a long time not playing any games on my DS I decided to restart playing Soul Silver. For the first time I decided to go for any shiny starter and after 521 SR's I got myself a shiny :3.

Now I need to figure out more stuff about IV's and EV's /noob ;p

Spoiler:- Pics ^^:

Hunting with pokeradar a vulpix...after 7 chain a shiny appeared!Then i remembered that its had roar but luckily i caught it with 4 shots .It has Timid nature!Also i was chaining eevee at the trophy garden and after 3 chain a shiny appeared!But unluckily this time after 1 pokeball my ds turned off cause to battery .
    DON'T WORRY LADIES!BROCK IS HERE!

FOR TRADE:
    Lv70 Relaxed nature || ALAMOS Event
    x3 Lv50 Hardy,mild,bold nature || WIN2011 Modest flawless nature
    x2 Lv50 docile,naughty nature || GAMESTP
    x2 sassy,nasty nature || Oblivia
    adamant flawless nature || TRU
    Jolly flawless nature (MAY2010) || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event ||

Looking For any shiny(Prefer Pokeradar's)

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2w658r6.png[/IMG]

Wow why is it dead in here D: 4th gen has some awesome places to hunt.

Speaking of hunting anyways, I am at 8,525 REs in my HeartGold Badge Quest...this is going to be a long hunt by the looks of it.

Good luck to all chainers/MMers/SRers/REers!

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

I've gotten the vast majority of my shiny Pokemon through chaining on my Platinum. I've recently taken a break from it to try to get some shinies out of the Masuda Method. Needless to say, I'm already missing the chaining.
    Current Shiny count: 191
    Currently going for: Three Bulbasaur via Masuda Method (Currently at ~320 Eggs)

Shiny List

YEAH!

So, I was hunting and level grinding in HG to evolve my Totodile before Falkner. I beat the Sprout Tower and it evolved, of course. I then decided to unlock the primo gifts and get a Slugma egg.

I got it and ran around in order to hatch it, but whilst doing so, I look to my HeartGold game...and out pops a shiny Bellsprout on the 10,463rd RE! Anyways, I have images of Bellsprout (and Hoothoot) here. Enjoy:

Shiny Bellsprout Encounter

Bellsprout's Summary

Shiny Double Battle!

Video: Shiny Bellsprout

Next hunt is Route 35.

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Got a full Chingling chain going on my first try while I was at work last night. Managed to pull one Chingling out of it. I was hoping to grab two, but I broke the chain because I wasn't paying attention. I'm thinking I'll go back for that last Chingling tonight, and maybe a Zubat, too.
    Current Shiny count: 191
    Currently going for: Three Bulbasaur via Masuda Method (Currently at ~320 Eggs)

Shiny List

I've been on a shiny hunt for my boyfriend lately, so I decided to chain for a lot of them and SR for only a few. A couple days ago, I chose to go after Corsola. My chains kept breaking in the mid 20-30s a few times, it was a huge pain in the neck. :P However, I did manage to keep going with my last chain, and obtained shinies on the 26th and 33rd encounters. I started resetting around 38, got it up to 40, and managed to come out of there with 8 shiny Corsola. :) I was running low on Ultra/Dusk Balls more than Max Repels and thought that I had more than enough shinies. I kept chaining for whatever reason a bit after, but I didn't pay too much attention and ended up breaking my chain at 50. Oh, well. Still got a bunch of nice blue rocks to show for.

Hmm...Looks like Spinda's swarming right now. Guess it's the one I'm going after next since I'm too lazy to change the hour~

I was hoping to get a few Pokemon out of the Trophy Garden, especially Eevee, but its appearance rate is so low that I couldn't even find one after a good hour or so of resetting.

Xx|Divinity|xX

I'm working on a Platinum BQ...

Started SRing for Piplup back in January and finally got it in April. I was training on Route 203 which I also planned to hunt on (for Shinx), and before I'd even gotten to the first gym, I found a shiny Starly (one of my targets, but I was hoping to get Shinx out of the way first), and that was only 101 REs into the game (keeping track of all encounters). Went on to beat the next two gyms so I wouldn't have to worry about finding a shiny too early, and not long after beating the second gym, I found a shiny Machop. Then mid-May I found Bidoof in Route 203, who was also one of my main targets (I'd wanted Piplup, Starly, Shinx, and Bidoof).

So now I'm half-way through my BQ with 4 shinies, still hunting in Route 203 for Shinx, the last pokemon I need to have all the main ones I was hoping for when first starting the BQ.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 14,400 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#9) (Bell Tower) - Ho-Oh: Complete! 14,869 SRs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

So I'm doing a nuzlocke challenge for heart gold. When I was level grinding to battle Clair I found a shiny gligar while I was hanging with my friends. Then just yesterday when I was level grinding to fight Red I found a Shiny Golbat. I named it Lisa after my Crobat which died against Blue.
    Looking for: Non-American Ditto

Shinys I own:

friend code: 1246-8713-1756

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast