Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Thread

Default Xbox One Thread

Okay well with MS' E3 press conference just hours away we might as well have an Xbox One thread.

Before we get started though I would like to urge people to stay on topic; ie talk about the facts we know about the system.
    Please don't rage against MS - yes it's fine to complain about decisions they've made regarding the system but don't go on about MS in a broader sense (for example if you think MS is abusing it's market power).
    Please don't focus on unconfirmed rumours or things that are not clear yet (ie things there are still contradictory statements out about from MS or no official statement).
    And please be civil to each other.

Keeping that in mind there you go, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Please don't focus on unconfirmed rumours or things that are not clear yet (ie things there are still contradictory statements out about from MS or no official statement).
    Welp, I'm useless in that department for sure. I've heard so many things about this system that it's hard to keep track of it all without pulling up everything all at once to look them over again and again, and most of what I found were mostly people talking about it in a pretty ragey mood (Angry Joe being the big one). I don't exactly know which resources to look up, and whether I should really trust Microsoft's word at this point because it seems like they're struggling to rewrite everything about what this system is, or at least trying to fill in holes. And of course, since I'm not that much of a technology geek nor know a lot about how systems in gaming work and all that (especially when it comes to the Xbox, since I don't own one), a lot has gone over my head about all of the capabilities of the Xbox One. And even when things are laid out for me, I easily forget about it until I look it up again. (In which case, I welcome any and all corrections and explanations.) I just know that when it comes to game rentals, video game distributions like GameStop and GameFly are screwed.

So from what I've gathered, this appears to be the dirge of the Xbox. If Mircosoft screws (or screwed, I think the Microsoft conference has started or finished by now) up at E3, then it's goodbye to the Xbox. Maybe. Microsoft isn't going to go bankrupt over this, we know that for sure, but the video game department is going to suffer a lot. It might not go away, but we probably won't see anything new from them for a long time--at least not by themselves, I think.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Not worth the $500 as of E3.

Well that was boring.

Boring as all get out, but much better than the reveal last month. I don't like the current pricing, the 24-hour-connection requirement, or loaning games only once. If either of those policies change (highly unlikely) and after a price drop, I may consider getting one. But PS3 (because I still don't have one) and PS4 take priority over the XO.

The price is a huge no-no for me. I wasn't exactly sold on buying it in the first place but the price really threw me off.

I might buy it a few years down the road after the price has been lowered significantly but for now I'm probably sticking with my PC and 3DS for gaming (unless Sony has something good in store for the PS4).

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

They had a big chance here and they slipped up a little.

The most interesting games included Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break and they chose to show Ryse, which appears to be full of QTEs, and BF4, which we had seen gameplay of anyway, in favor of those. The MGSV trailer was pretty cool, and Project Spark looks like what Minecraft should have been, but those are both multiplats.

Oh, and I almost forgot, 499 euros is equivalent to around 660 US dollars. And a lot of the television features aren't even available in Europe. AND Playstation is already a big brand in Europe. This is pretty bad for Microsoft.

Unfortunately, not even Halo 5 can cause me to buy this invasive console. It's hefty in price and the fact that playing offline is only capable for 24 hours is a huge no for me. Internet access isn't permitted to everyone so easily, and regardless of whether it is or not, we shouldn't have to feel forced into connecting ourselves with the world. Internet access is no guaranteed thing, one day we could very easily see it crash heavy force (sure it could be a long way away) but when it does, what is this console worth? Microsoft has relied to heavily on connectivity with the Internet this time around, and i'm disappointed to see so.

Whether i'm being a jerk or not I don't know, but I really hope the sales on this console flop heavily so they realise just how much of a fanbase they have lost and are dealing with here.

The only things I would consider changing my mind buying this console would be if Xbox Live is now free and the Console itself is reduced in price heavily (which is clearly not going to happen because of money being a key factor in captivating people nowadays).

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Not worth the $500 as of E3.
    The Xbox one isn't worth buying at all, especially not with the restricted DRM that they have in place. Shame though because Crimson Dragon looked really interesting.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I woulda certainly bought it if it didn't cost 500$.
    Have the issues it's said to have, and didn't have lackluster games, sorry Microsoft, try again next year.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Well, the Xbone just lost for me. I do not think I'll get it, especially since it's competitors are doing everything right
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

The Cons.
    1. 100$ more that competition.
    2. Requiring a online connection every hour or 24 hours to access your game Library.
    3. Forced upon players a Unwanted peripheral like Kinect.
    4. Sharing games is confusing as is the trading of used games.
    5. Exclusives don't seem to be helping clear the hatred for the system.
    6. System still seems to be a glorified cable box that happens to play games.
    7. Most of the Triple A titles are Multi platform.

The Pros
    1. Live is getting dumbed down and friendlier.
    2. Live price reduction to 60$ a year.

I don't think this system will do very well, there will likely be a price drop in a month after release and still do abysmally. They will be forced to remove the Semi-always online/DRM and how used games will work on the system to save the Xbox One. Sales will then rocket back up and it will become a good system again but a huge loss for major mistakes with the previous system OS and DRM.

Ether way, they made a worse mistake than sony when they launched the ps3 at 600$ and it's gonna hurt them in the end. They will be forced to do the above at a major loss Billions and Billions of $ as well as selling off a few of their developers.
    Last edited by HafuTrance; 11th June 2013 at 7:00 AM.
    Omega Sapphire team

So, you get a special achievement if you pre-order the Xbone. Way to devalue your achievement system, Microsoft.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    So, you get a special achievement if you pre-order the Xbone. Way to devalue your achievement system, Microsoft.
    Wasn't there also talk of getting achievements for watching TV?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

It's nicer than what they gave the people who bought the 360 at launch - the Red Ring of Death.

I'm still scratching my head about the daily 'check in', one weirda*se policy that kinda ignores potential unfortunate events, though I don't see why people are just about exploding with rage about it...

Used games - um guys, you're going to be allowed them you know?

I like the look and sound of the new video editing tool and that matches are saved automatically - though I'd like to see the editing program in more detail and in a hands on way.

$500 puts it beyond my 'buy at launch' price point though.

Project Spark looks awesome, hours of silly fun to be had there - this was actually the thing I liked the most about their conference.
    Forza 5 sublime as ever, perhaps the first 8th gen game that'll be looked to as a standard setter (at least graphically).
    Witcher 3 looks stunning.
    Titanfall looks like a truly awesome scoop for Xbox One and a good fit into the exclusives stable with Gears (who were prominent for their absence...) and Halo.

The stall prior to Battlefield 4 was certainly not helpful, but the game looked excellent - dropping plastic bugs (FA-18s) on enemies? That's brutally awesome.

Ryse... I'd like to like you, I mean I love antiquity - but... How many QTE events do you sodding need?!
    Dead Rising 3... Is the industry that devoid of ideas we're getting yet another Zombie Apocalypse game? Seriously?!

Also guys, please stop calling it the "Xbone"... It's hardly a tone we need to take here.

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]I'm still scratching my head about the daily 'check in', one weirda*se policy that kinda ignores potential unfortunate events, though I don't see why people are just about exploding with rage about it...
    Maybe because there are genuinely people who don't have their Xbox connected to the Internet for whatever reason? I know my uncle doesn't connect his, and considering the distance away from his modem it is, trying to connect an Xbone once a day would just be a giant hassle. The problem is made worse by the fact he doesn't have a wireless router, so that simple fix is out of the equation.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Maybe because there are genuinely people who don't have their Xbox connected to the Internet for whatever reason? I know my uncle doesn't connect his, and considering the distance away from his modem it is, trying to connect an Xbone once a day would just be a giant hassle. The problem is made worse by the fact he doesn't have a wireless router, so that simple fix is out of the equation.
    It also doesn't help that wireless routers are so expensive.

Also guys, please stop calling it the "Xbone"... It's hardly a tone we need to take here.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    It's just a combination of Xbox and One. It doesn't have some deep sexual meaning or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    It also doesn't help that wireless routers are so expensive.
    So once again, it's a silly decision (yes I accept that without question) - but it's hardly the greatest anti-consumer evil ever committed...

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    Boring as all get out, but much better than the reveal last month. I don't like the current pricing, the 24-hour-connection requirement, or loaning games only once. If either of those policies change (highly unlikely) and after a price drop, I may consider getting one. But PS3 (because I still don't have one) and PS4 take priority over the XO.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I don't want to pay $500 for a system that has to use electricity 24/7. The not being able to use used games also killed its chances for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I don't want to pay $500 for a system that has to use electricity 24/7. The not being able to use used games also killed its chances for me.
    By all means check MS' website if you don't believe me but MS isn't banning the resale of its own games - other publishers may choose to or put a fee on them.

Even so, they shouldn't even have the option to do so.

but it's hardly the greatest anti-consumer evil ever committed...
    Actually, i'd say it stands a high chance of this.

I'm trying to think of things that have been worse in the gaming industry, but the Xbox One is just dominating any other bad consumer deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Actually, i'd say it stands a high chance of this.

I'm trying to think of things that have been worse in the gaming industry, but the Xbox One is just dominating any other bad consumer deal.
    Evil implies malice of fore thought, this just seems like stupidly forgetting a basic fact.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast