Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2277

Thread: Minecraft

He's probably talking about servers. I recently went on 3 or 4 servers, and even the sugar cane dropping lagged, when they had not on earlier updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChedWick View Post
    I'm not a racist; I get called a racist but I consider myself an equal opportunity hater.

It's not just multiplayer that has random lag issues. On single player, gravel and sand have a decreased falling speed.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    It's not just multiplayer that has random lag issues. On single player, gravel and sand have a decreased falling speed.
    I believe this was intentional.

Those Creepers, they just keep staring at me through my window & door. They won't go away O.O

Quote Originally Posted by PurrtyKitty View Post
    Those Creepers, they just keep staring at me through my window & door. They won't go away O.O
    Try an underground tunnel as a safety exit and install torches. Saves me every time.
    A stairwell to a higherr altitude safety exit is also efficient if you have can jump down safely.

Me, I make houses and abodes in the sky with snow blocks and then slabs to prevent spawning.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I've never had a Creeper even do one block of damage to any of my houses. Prevention is the best medicine, they say, and mine comes in the form of torches and fences. Nothing spawns on my ground. And even though I have an emergency escape exit, I've never had to use it.

I went overboard on one of my older worlds. My house was three blocks thick in terms of walls; the top seven floors could self destruct, but the bottom floor had Dispensers everywhere. When activated, volleys of arrows continually shot out until turned off.

Finally decided to update Tekkit to the most recent version and now I got force fields to play with... This is awesome. But before I do that, I plan on using teleporters to build different houses across the world.

I have a question about the Xbox 360 version: Since the Xbox. Minecraft is updated to 1.0.1 (excluding the end), does that mean that seeds that work for the computer version 1.0.1 will work on the Xbox as well?
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    I have a question about the Xbox 360 version: Since the Xbox. Minecraft is updated to 1.0.1 (excluding the end), does that mean that seeds that work for the computer version 1.0.1 will work on the Xbox as well?
    To answer your question, yes. And last I checked, the 360 version does indeed have the End.

The Xbox 360 version does not have The End in yet- it's in the next update. link

Also does anyone know of the mod which my brother describes as making Creepers bend left to right when walking and Endermen to have wobbly arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    The Xbox 360 version does not have The End in yet- it's in the next update. link

Also does anyone know of the mod which my brother describes as making Creepers bend left to right when walking and Endermen to have wobbly arms?
    It's called Better Animations and was one Google search away.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    It's called Better Animations and was one Google search away.
    *facepalms self*
    Thank you-been looking for that all afternoon

I decided to use a texture pack for the first time yesterday. After looking around, I settled on a Majora's Mask themed pack. I like how the moon looks like it wants to crash into Minecraftia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I went overboard on one of my older worlds. My house was three blocks thick in terms of walls; the top seven floors could self destruct, but the bottom floor had Dispensers everywhere. When activated, volleys of arrows continually shot out until turned off.
    I still make traps and defences for my base even though I've been playing in Peaceful since the 4th night. I died falling down a mineshaft, it was nigh impossible for me to get back because my base is about a kilometre from my spawn point across an entire forest and of course I hadn't made a bed yet. So after 6 minutes of getting shot with arrows, bitten by spiders and getting ambushed by Creepers while desperately punching my way through the undergrowth I ending up losing basically all my stuff.

Peaceful mode was made for me though. Infinite supplies in Creative are far too easy and I can really do without the tension during the night. I wish the hunger meter was still in effect though as I can afford to go out my way to kill animals or farm the land even if it will be annoying to carry the extra food while building and regularly hunt/harvest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

How do you install texture packs? Do you save it as a .png file or something?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I've played it a lot, but I do prefer Terraria. I've always preferred 2D to 3D in terms of games. Minecraft's fun though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I can't say this for all Texture Packs, but when I downloaded the zip file for the Majora's Mask Texture Pack, I simply moved it to the Texture Packs folder in the Minecraft files, and it came right up when I went to the Texture Packs option ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    The old texture packs like Dokucraft need a patcher. Otherwise the water will look weird with text on it. But for the newer ones, you should be fine to just place them in the textures folder.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Now, I'm new to this Minecraft thing, and a little noobish so please forgive me. I'm just here to see if anyone could give me a little advice so that I don't suck at this game. Like how to build these traps that you're all speaking of and other things to keep those pesky Creepers out of my house.

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Now, I'm new to this Minecraft thing, and a little noobish so please forgive me. I'm just here to see if anyone could give me a little advice so that I don't suck at this game. Like how to build these traps that you're all speaking of and other things to keep those pesky Creepers out of my house.
    Monsters are repelled by light, so put torches around your house so that the area around it is lit beyond a creeper's line of sight. As for the traps, there are Youtube videos on how to make redstone traps, but nothing beats experimenting yourself. That's how I built my sand-suffocation trap.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

I enjoy playing Xbox 360 a lot so when Minecraft came out for it I was pumped. I'm hoping they'll start pumping out more updates to get more up to speed with the computer version but it's still pretty fun.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I enjoy playing Xbox 360 a lot so when Minecraft came out for it I was pumped. I'm hoping they'll start pumping out more updates to get more up to speed with the computer version but it's still pretty fun.
    I really like how they added Enchantment tables and brewing, among a bunch of other stuff, but I wanna fight a Wither...

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Quote Originally Posted by #SwoobatForUbers View Post
    Monsters are repelled by light, so put torches around your house so that the area around it is lit beyond a creeper's line of sight. As for the traps, there are Youtube videos on how to make redstone traps, but nothing beats experimenting yourself. That's how I built my sand-suffocation trap.
    Alright, thanks. I can't believe I haven't played this game sooner!

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Not gonna happen. Everything I've heard is that after the next update, which would be 1.2.4 and add The End and Ender Dragon, 4J is going to go separate from how the PC version has gone and do the updates how they want. Possibly doing stuff early, skipping some things, or even adding things that aren't in the PC version (not counting mods).

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 LastLast