Lucky eggs are one of the most rare and wanted items. When a pokemon holds this item, it gains extra exp points in battle.
The only way to get a lucky egg is to catch a chansey, which has a 5% appearance rate no matter where you look and only has a 5% chance of holding a lucky egg. Yes, the odds are very low, but there is a simple way to increase them.
What you will need
- A Pokemon with the ability COMPOUND EYES*
- a Banette with the ability FRISK knowing the move THEIF*
- Recommended but not required: smoke ball
- some patience
* Having a pokemon with compound eyes first in your party raises the chance of finding a pokemon holding an item.
* An alternative would be to catch the Pokemon, but that is a little harder and will deplete your poke-ball supply.
Put your pokemon with compound eyes first in your party and give it the smoke ball to prevent the hold-up of not being able to flee.
Have your banette in your party HOLDING NO ITEMS, otherwise the move theif will not work.
Walk around on route 209 and run away from all of the wild pokemon until you find a chansey. If you find one, switch pokemon with your banette and it will alert you if it is holding an item. Use theif or catch the pokemon, now you have your lucky egg