Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Connoisseurs Revenge! (678)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Once again we don't need an even rivalry. Seriously why must a main character always be reduced to either getting owned by his/her rival or at most being even with them? Cilan had to beat her as he was teaching her a lesson. Having him lose just to keep the rivalry even would have defeated that purpose.
    This!

I'm happy Cilan schooled her, she's just full of himself and its so incompetent, she deserved it!!!

But like always with every little thing there are complains -_-

Hopefully this gurl becomes a recurring rival and Cilan teach her some gud lessons! Not every rival has to beat the main characters. And I hope Iris has a rival too.

She doesn't have to be a rival, just a reoccurring character would be nice.

Cilan has been really showing his darker side lately, huh? xDD

But I can't really have a say in this- I still want to watch this episode!

Dream team

My deviantart

Seems pretty ffunny, but haven't seen it yet.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Can only find pics. Anyway seems like a great episode. Cabernet losing makes sense considering she has a lower status than Cilan. Cilan kicking *** is something everyone would love to see. She deserves it too, dissing all of Ash's pokemon (even Pikachu like wtf?) I wonder if Cilan is ever gonna face a class S Somelier?
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

"It's tasting time" in this episode apparently meant "It's clobbering time". Man Cilan was awesome in this episode he actually got a major battle this early in this series, guess the comparisons to you know who stop for right now.

Well Cabernet at least tried but it was pretty dang obvious she was outmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    So, Cabernet lost to Cilan a year ago in a gym battle and wants revenge, although she's been back to the gym to re-challenge him (but he was already travelling with Ash), so she has the badge. Now she just wants revenge. iit also seems that Cilan gave her and her Oshawott a bad 'tasting' result.

Oh, and you insult Pikachu, you get thunder slapped.

Four classes of Sommelier - S,A,B, and C. Cilan is an A, Cabernet is a C, the lowest class.
    So Cilan is in class A of Sommelier, good for him. Maybe he'll get to class S by the end of Best Wishes. Poor Cabernet...oh well, don't care for her much anyways.

Cilan won the battle 2-0, he's just too good.

It looked like Cabernet gave all of Ash's Pokemon on hand a bad tasting result...no wonder she's in the lowest class.

No Team Rocket again...how I miss them so.

I have only seen the episode pictures on serebii so far but it looks like a nice episode, Cilan gets some focus which I like.

Although, waiting three weeks for this really was worth it for myself. I wish something big and shocking happened. Oh well, it still seems like a nice episode.
    Click and feed/warm my Pokemon/eggs, something amazing happens:

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Once again we don't need an even rivalry. Seriously why must a main character always be reduced to either getting owned by his/her rival or at most being even with them? Cilan had to beat her as he was teaching her a lesson. Having him lose just to keep the rivalry even would have defeated that purpose.
    There's hardly ever been a even rivalry, heck, probably never, Paul won more matches against Ash, Barry and Ash only had one battle, the 2nd one finished before they could declare a winner(Monferno landed away from the field.

So yeah, unless Ash has an even rivalry with Shooti, or his possible rival belle, this should be, should've been a even rivalry, so yeah, she should of won.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Great episode. Cilan being ruthless was an interesting twist.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Ughh, i've only seen the screencaps, does anyone know where I can watch this, its not even on youtube yet?

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    There's hardly ever been a even rivalry, heck, probably never, Paul won more matches against Ash, Barry and Ash only had one battle, the 2nd one finished before they could declare a winner(Monferno landed away from the field.

So yeah, unless Ash has an even rivalry with Shooti, or his possible rival belle, this should be, should've been a even rivalry, so yeah, she should of won.
    This doesn't make sense (?)

Why Cilan needed to lose in the first place? he's a sommelier A and Cabernet is a C. Cilan is more skilled than her in "tasting" and battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Dwebble wins with Shell Break and Scissor Cross against Dewott.

Out come Sawsbuck and Pansage. Pansage wiins with Solar Beam.
    ....Sap Sipper / Herbivore means nothing? Wow, I thought this season was going to be different.

Sawsbuck is an awesome pokemon to have against Cilan. To have sawsbuck lose that easily and that hackedly is really stupid. glad I stopped watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    ....Sap Sipper / Herbivore means nothing? Wow, I thought this season was going to be different.
    Sawsbuck has more than one ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I wonder if this means we'll also see Cabarnet face off against Ash in the Unova League

The only thing I don't get is that Cilan's a really nice guy. Why would he do something like Gary or Trip would do & Toy with Cabarnet like that? I know that she was acting like a b**** but still
    To be fair, he did the same with Ash in their gym battle. Seems that's just how he treats people to whom he's giving a poor "tasting" evaluation. Ash managed to subvert his expectations by unexpectedly syncing with his pokemon--made him eat his words. Cabernet...didn't. (Also: Trip toys with his opponents now? News to me)

Sawsbuck is an awesome pokemon to have against Cilan. To have sawsbuck lose that easily and that hackedly is really stupid. glad I stopped watching.
    Because Sap Sipper is totally Sawsbuck's only possible ability, right? And being evolved automatically means a monster must be strong, right? (Hint: it's not, and it doesn't)

There was nothing "hacked" about this match. All it means is that Dent's monsters are stronger and Dent himself is a more skilled battler. So perhaps you should consider not jumping to conclusions in order to justify your apparent dislike of the show, eh?

Not all Sawsbuck have that ability.
    It could have Chlorophyll, or maybe even Serene Grace.

Help me hatch 'em all!
    Join the Serebii Mario Kart 7 Community!
    42-3526-7253-4749

Like others have said, Sap Sipper isn't Sawsbuck's only ability. Also, this season is different from past ones, they are always different to some degree.

And like others have said, Sawsbuck doesn't win battles automatically just because, it has to be strong enough as well have it's trainer be able to call the right moves. Cilan is a gym leader so he's good at battle right off the back, plus his Pokemon are fairly strong as is.

So nothing was wrong with it, you just personally don't like it, which would be your opinion over a fact.
    Click and feed/warm my Pokemon/eggs, something amazing happens:

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    So it sounds like Pokabu was sent to Juniper's?
    Nope, Tepig was there and getting tested. It looks like Pidove got the boot, since everyone else was there. Though you could find out that Snivy, Tepig and Scraggy stay by looking at the movie posters.

Would've been nice to see Sawsbuck with the Herbivore ability.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post

Ash had a rivalry with Gary, Paul, and currently with Trip. All who he lost before finally defeating at the league and it looks to be going the same way for Trip. You also seem to forget that both May and Dawn had rivalries as well. While they handled a few of their rivals better than Ash did his ( Harley and Ursala) it was pretty much the same thing. Cilan didn't need to lose. Why just to have an even rivalry? Once again why must a main character only either lose or stay even with their rivals? I'm glad we have Cilan who is showing his rival what's what. There was absolutely no I repeat no reason for him to lose.

I'm just very interested with the Cabernet's pokemons' attacks...
    Dewott knows water gun, water pulse, shell blade and a scratching move...is it fury cutter? I don't know Japanese.
    Sawsbuck knows horn leech, megahorn and a kicking move...is it double kick?
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

It might not be right, but bulbapedia says Dwebble's ability is Sturdy, and I'm not sure we knew that before. Maybe this was shown when Dwebble didn't faint from Water Pulse?

I have a question what exactly is a pokemon sommelier? Since I speak no Japanese whatsoever I have no idea what they are saying on the show without subtitles.

Cilan is quite a skilled battler...He swept through that ignorant child like so easily! People stop complaining, this girl was immature, bitter over her loss, and was going about her revenge against Cilan totally wrong. He had to beat her to teach her a lesson, and I'm glad she did. Great episode. The humor was there, her dissing Ash's pokemon was kinda funny and they attacked her, a bit too much talking before the battle, but the battle was good.

8/10

To those who say Cilan should've lost, but do we really need some other underdog character on the main cast?

Isn't a bit more realistic that at least one of the main characters is "superior" to a trainer in the world, can beat them flat out without really trying, only to have him/her lose at the end of the series?

Yes, I did say it was too one-sided, but perhaps because I find it hard to believe that Cabaret is THAT weak, I mean Cilan lost to Ash's Oshawott, how did his skill raise to pretty much E4 level? So I would've liked to see some of Cilan's Pokemon taking damage, well I guess technically they did but they didn't seem all that affected. Cabaret losing easily to Cilan, makes me think if they didn't screw Ash over, he would beat Cabaret with near OHKO's. So maybe that's why I had trouble believing Cilan's sudden strength. If he's that powerful. then Ash should really train against Cilan, until Cilan can't beat Ash at all. Ash would then kick Trip's butt for sure if that happened.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I don't think it was a case of Cabaret being a weak trainer. I believe she was just too confident and reckless in the battle and let Cilan get under her skin a bit too much. Cilan himself had a similar problem against Ash, did he not? If I recall right, he thought the battle was pretty much over and was actually surprised Ash won in the end.

I have to agree. Dewott still somehow put up a good fight but Sawsbuck's battle pretty sucks.

Though, I must say I'm glad to see him get a victory. Cilan seems to have a very lovely personality.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast