Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: A Connoisseurs Revenge! (678)

To be honest, I was expecting that change Burgundy's English name because of how Cabernet is related to wine. It's the same reason why they changed the term from pokemon sommiler to pokemon conniseur

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I can hardly call the recent episodes of BW as fillers. These episodes are getting really good. Today's episode was very enjoyable.

Burgundy reminds me a lot like Ursula from DP. I hope to see more of her unlike how much Ursula was shown poorly of.

Plus, I was amused by how Burgundy was attacked by Ash's Pokemon when she criticized them. She insulted Sewaddle, tried to lick Snivy, said Tepig's face is too happy, denied a leg huggle from Oshawott and no comment wise for Scraggy. If only Pidove was here, too. xD I bet she would peck the hair out of Burgundy's head.

But she does talk like trainers today, competitive wise. Who want perfect natures, move sets and abilities. Although Ash doesn't roll that way and goes for his own strategies.

Good episode no doubt. Plus, I hope someday Cilan will reach Connoisseur Rank S in the series. Doubt Burgundy will, but at least from Rank C to Rank A if she's that committed.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Too bad Burgundy was true that Ash wasn't going to finish the Unova League. (-o-)

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Red face

You knows that HOW? Mebbe this'll be Ash's lucky 2-years or so.

Ash knows he's down the drain without Pidove? You need a flying type, pure and simple..
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

Quote Originally Posted by Notalwaysbalckanddwhite View Post
    You knows that HOW? Mebbe this'll be Ash's lucky 2-years or so.
    "Mebbe" because Ash only wins the leagues nobody else cares about (Orange Islands, Battle Frontier). The day he wins a main league will be the day we get a free Arceus.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by Notalwaysbalckanddwhite View Post
    Ash knows he's down the drain without Pidove? You need a flying type, pure and simple..
    Well, without Team Rocket pestering him, a Flying-type seems a little less relevant. lol Sad way of looking at it.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

I just figured out!!! Burgundy's VA is the same person who did the voice for Daniella, the kindergarten teacher from "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!!"

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    But she does talk like trainers today, competitive wise. Who want perfect natures, move sets and abilities. Although Ash doesn't roll that way and goes for his own strategies.
    Amen to that. I personally want to try to train my pokemon the same way Ash does, & only worry about natures whenever I think of a personality for them
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 11th June 2011 at 8:42 PM.

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    To be honest, I was expecting that change Burgundy's English name because of how Cabernet is related to wine. It's the same reason why they changed the term from pokemon sommiler to pokemon conniseur
    XP so THAT'S what a "sommelier" is, a connoisseur? When I saw the Japanese title I was like, "What is a sommelier?"
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

I saw it this morining it was okay. But i made me relized just how much the pokemon anime style has changed! lol

Burgundy is an interesting change from Cabernet.

I like how they stay true to the dub. Now it seems that "Its time for the battle to be served!!" was a mistake by the dubbers. I like "It's Evaluating Time!" better.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    XP so THAT'S what a "sommelier" is, a connoisseur? When I saw the Japanese title I was like, "What is a sommelier?"
    Well, a sommelier is a connoisseur that only deals with wine, whereas a connoisseur can specialize with any kind of food and beverage
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 11th June 2011 at 9:58 PM.

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson

Burgundy. Who does she think she is? Dissing Ash and his pokemon relationship like that is unacceptable. I mean his pikachu is at the very high level and his friendship with Ash is like extremely high. How could she not knowing that he's pretty much of experienced trainer who traveled more than one region and few of his pokemon defeated a couple of legendary pokemon. For instance, Charizard crushed Articuno, Pikachu beaten Regice and Latios, and most of all, Sceptile defeated Darkrai in the Sinnoh League after he defeated his rival and enemy who happened to be cruel and more arrogant than she is. As for his unova pokemon, he just caught them. Anyway, I'm glad that Cilan schooled Burgundy. But haven't seen the last of her yet. And if Ash has to duel Burgundy in the Unova League(if she keeps getting gym badges), then he would KOed her instantly.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

This episode was good. I must say that Burgundy is in my Top 5 Worst pokemon characters ever. It was awesome to see Cilan beat her easily.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I think I heard Lisa Ortiz

"And now for the taste test!"
    This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I am also an Eternal Ferriswheelshipper! Credit to LunGhost.

Copy the above Pokemon into your signature if you know how they relate to each other. (Started by Eternal Draconic)

Now that I've seen the episode clearly, Burgundy has become a new rival for Cilan,and quite a new enemy for Ash. Don't you agree?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Now that I've seen the episode clearly, Burgundy has become a new rival for Cilan,and quite a new enemy for Ash. Don't you agree?
    I don't think her and Ash will have anymore to do with each other except for Ash just getting annoyed. Burgundy's focus is on Cilan now.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    I don't think her and Ash will have anymore to do with each other except for Ash just getting annoyed. Burgundy's focus is on Cilan now.
    Yes I agree on Burgundy's rivalry with Cilan. But she got one Gym Badge. Let's hear it for Cilan for saving his new friend's relationship with his pokemon.

This was a fantastic episode, one of the best Unova episodes in my oppinion. Burgundy is a funny, angry character and she's one of my new favorites! She thinks she is all that and refuses advise from others - my kind of rival! TPCi did a good job with giving Burgundy a name that keeps the wine theme present with Cabernet, so props to them!

Burgundy was quite... blunt in her evaluation of Ash's Pokemon, but she does have a point about Oshawott thriving for attention. She might not be skilled enough to run her own Connoisseur shop, but she has a few skills. She also right about Ash's unruly Pokemon - one comment and they all attack her! Funny as it was, I thought at least Pikachu was mature enough to take an insult. Remember kiddies, when someone makes fun of you be sure to react with violence!

I'm a bit dissapointed in Cilan's dark side, as it didn't look too dark. He acted a bit too sure of himself and placed all of Ash's Pokemon (minus Pidove) in risk, but he didn't act too different compared to normal. I wanted Evil Cilan!

As for the battle, It was one of the most interesting yet in BW. Cilan's statigies were quite effective, so I hope Ash took notes. If this is Cilan's true battle power, then Ash's win over him at the gym looks even more plot-powered than before. Also, I like the doubled meaning TPCi snuck in with Cilan's comment about attacking Swasbuck from the front and behind.

Overall, I had a great 22 minutes watching this episode. With all of BW's changes and TR's serious role, I only watched BW out of obligation (and to see if Ash ever uses Pidove/Tranquil - poor bird), but Burgundy adds a new spice to this dish that makes me want to order seconds. I can't wait for her return!

---
    Burgundy. Who does she think she is? Dissing Ash and his pokemon relationship like that is unacceptable. I mean his pikachu is at the very high level and his friendship with Ash is like extremely high.
    Remember, Burgundy is only a C-rank Connoisseur and shouldn't run her own stand according to her Connoisseur handbook. Her dissing Ash's Pokemon was to show off both her inexperience in the profession and her abrasive personality.

How could she not knowing that he's pretty much of experienced trainer who traveled more than one region and few of his pokemon defeated a couple of legendary pokemon. For instance, Charizard crushed Articuno, Pikachu beaten Regice and Latios, and most of all, Sceptile defeated Darkrai in the Sinnoh League after he defeated his rival and enemy who happened to be cruel and more arrogant than she is. As for his unova pokemon, he just caught them.
    She might not know about Ash because the Unova region is far away from the regions Ash made all of his accomplishments. Plus, not a lot of people reconize Ash and his accomplishments anyway and BW doesn't reference Ash's past achievements.

Anyway, I'm glad that Cilan schooled Burgundy. But haven't seen the last of her yet. And if Ash has to duel Burgundy in the Unova League(if she keeps getting gym badges), then he would KOed her instantly.
    She's pretty focused on getting revenge on Cilan by being a better Connoisseur, so I don't think she'll be earning badges anytime soon. And if she does, there is always room for her to improve.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

I liked this episode a lot more than the raw. Burgundy is a cool character, and I can't wait to see her come back. I hope we get to see more battles from Cilan. His whole persona changes.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

This was a great plotted episode.

It gave me a lot of what I wanted.

I wanted some background or spotlight on Cilan. I wanted the Connoisseur theme to be delved into more. I wanted more humor. This had it all.

The only thing I was like "OMG and WTF?" about was Burgundy's damn cameltoe...
    Why is the camera right up on it? No pervertness here but the animators could've cleared that out or angled somewhere else.

But other than that, this was good! Now, where in the world is Team Rocket?
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Fine episode. Burgundy was sort of annoying, though. Didn't like how she insulted Ash's Pokemon, even though she's in the C-Class. The battle between her and Cilan was okay, as well.

Welcome to Spring in the Unova region (Thankyou sawsbuck for the confirmation) and this was a great episode. The consutation with Burgandy was very funny, she definately got her own consultation from Ash's Pokemon. The battle was also fine for me. Burgandy was an arrogant girl who let her anger get the better of her and for Cilan to win so easily was just a way to being crashing back down to Earth. Unfortunately, it didn't work and her ego wouldn't allow her to thank cilan for her compliment.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

At first I thought this may be just another dull filler episode, but I was delightfully surprised. Firstly I really liked the setting of the large Poke mart, and I was also delighted with the battle. It was good to see Cilan's Dwebble again, especially it using its Shell Smash and X-Scissor combination, which could see it become a really strong Pokemon. One of my favourite parts was seeing Sawsbuck which I think was a good Pokemon to include in the battle. There were also a few parts of the episode that made me laugh too, intentional or not

This is also left nicely open for Burgundy to return as Cilan's enemy. All in all, a really good episode.
    Running for the thrill of it

I really didn't like this episode.

That girl annoyed me

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast