Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A Connoisseurs Revenge! (678)

Am I the only one who like Burgundy? I find her quite interesting. I can't wait to see her again in episode 41.

Evaluation time :3

10char

Ash:MAN I HATE THIS LINE
    Burgundy:How about you come over here?
    Ash:SEEMS LEGIT

There were a lot of moments in this episode that made me say 'that's what she said.'
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who like Burgundy? I find her quite interesting. I can't wait to see her again in episode 41./QUOTE] Is she set to appear in episode 41 for sure? I hope she does.

Burgundy's name is fitting for her. Her voice as well...it was pretty annoying fits perfectly for her personality. Despite being annoying and stuff, I enjoy her character. And her French was interesting to hear.

Sawsbuck has an ok voice to me, didn't stand out much to me though with everything else going on.

I enjoyed Cilan's dramatic parts, and Burgundy's vision of Cilan being evil to her.

The episode I liked overall, enjoyed watching it again.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

"Because this day, is my revenge day!" LOL
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Ok episode Burgundy did come off as a little annoying to me especially with her pushiness on Ash to replace his team, after all his Pokemon attacked her. I did like the dress she was wearing in the flashback it was very cute.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Burgundy's name is fitting for her. Her voice as well...it was pretty annoying fits perfectly for her personality. Despite being annoying and stuff, I enjoy her character. And her French was interesting to hear.
    This. She is supposed to be annoying and that makes her funny.

Anyways I enjoyed this episode. Cilan looked pretty awesome being somewhat evil. Ash's Pokemon attacking Burgundy was quite amusing.

I can't wait to see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    This. She is supposed to be annoying and that makes her funny.
    Not my brand of humor at all, doh! Rough episode to slog through.
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

This was an amazing episode. Seriously, I can actually call myself a fan of Cilan now.

3DS FC: 1719-3694-1541

Shinies (Not counting trades)

Nice episode Cilan battled well but it was funny that Ash's pokemon were at stake because of that battle...

It seems Cilan put into practice Ash's type-disadvantage strategy, however he executed it perfectly, putting that Dewott in it's place.
    *Sigh* It seems Nintendo likes the 'crazy types'. I mean I feel sorry for Ash's Pokemon, but not as much as that Burgundy! Hopefully she'll put her crazy in a box, stash it away and never open it again...~*^^
    Eeveelution Ace Trainer
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/28tw9d4.gif[/IMG]
    -Credit to Purplepassion-

Diamond/Pearl team pre-national dex
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20gijow.png[/IMG]
    -Credit to Gladeshadow, Dark Valley Request Shop

After watching it again, I could''t help but picture Sonic the Hedgehog and Amy Rose talking instead of Cilan and Caberbet.

Random : PokéRadar

okay.....seeing as how no one ELSE made the joke....I will! at one point in the episode....."Cilan used leer!"

OMG she was nuts. Glad Clian put her in her place im liking Clian more and more and glad he got an episode to himself. Hope Burnangy never comes back though however she prob will as shes Clians rival.
    I did laugh though when Clian put Ashs pokemon up and Ashs face

So I'd guess that Burgundy's Sawsbuck doesn't have Sap Sipper then? Okay, weird.. It would've won if it did..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    So I'd guess that Burgundy's Sawsbuck doesn't have Sap Sipper then? Okay, weird.. It would've won if it did..
    How is it weird? The awesomeness of the battle would have been ruined if Sawsbuck had Sap Sipper and won.

one of my favs
    CENSORED BY SOPA

This episode was really funny. Burgundy was a right b***h and her telling Ash that he needs to change his entire party was hilarious. The Cilan fantasy where she made out that him and Pansage were evil was amusing too.

Pokemon episode marathon? Okay.

Burgundy got stomped by Cilan. Stomp episodes are usually pretty good to watch. I could do without all of the bad food puns that those two kept throwing around. This is, ideally, how Ash should be treating his rivals at this point in his battling career but whatever. At least we get to see it from one of the protagonists this time around. Cocky Cilan is probably one of the better characters in this series.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I don't know, I go between liking Burgundy and being indifferent about her. It's something new to have the third member of Team Twerp have a rival. I think the closest previous one was Brock and.... Blaine, I think his name was?... back in "Pokemon Fashion Flash", and that was just one episode. And it was more of a romantic rival! To have an actual ongoing rival for the third member of the troupe is definitely new. Burgundy can be a little annoying, but she's funny too, especially when she rants and raves. I definitely like her better than Iris's main foe Georgia, who's joined Ursula on my hated rivals list. I especially liked Ursula's imagined criticism Cilan gave her. LOL

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Burgundy would have been a good character if the writers didn't constantly do the same thing with her. Make her appear at a random tournament, screaming for revenge and then get destroyed and leave, then oh well on to the next revenge plan.........and the next failure.

Basically, if you watched this episode, you just watched everything the writers are willing to do with this bland character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Haha cool episode, its raping time for Dent, he just destroyed the girl.
    Raping time?

At least Burgundy is a character that has some logic. Like ew who would use a swarm sewaddle, the recommendation she made for Ash made sense.

Also, it would have been funny if it turned out that her Sawsbuck had Sap Sipper.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567