Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Breeding Club

Default The Pokemon Breeding Club

Hello, and welcome to the Pokemon Breeding Club! This club is for those breeders who want to talk about special Pokemon that you've breeded to perfection! Masuda Method shinies are also open for discussion here. Now, here are the rules:
    Rules:
    1. Any one is allowed to accept members.
    2. Please try your best to make your posts legible. We're not grammar police, but try and use proper grammar.
    3. Only the Owner and Co-Owners may give strikes. Three and you are banned for two weeks. Three more and you are banned for two months. Get another three, and you are banned indefinitely, forever, whatnot.
    4. No flaming.
    5. No SPAM.
    6. Stay on-topic.
    7. Don’t complain about how the owner or co-owners do their jobs. If you have a problem with their decisions, contact them via PM or VM.
    8. This isn't the place to handle trades; leave that to PMs and VMs if they have a specifically bred Pokemon you want.
    9. Do not double/triple post. Do not post one-liners, either.
    10. All SPPF rules apply here as well.
    11. If there is a spambot/some random spammer, like "Check out this product" and such, DO NOT RESPOND/POST ABOUT THEM.
    You will receive one strike if you break any of the rules listed here.
    Now, the way to join this club is as follows:
    I, (ScreenName), hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. Then, please give a reason for why you want to join the club, whether you're a breeder, or your just interested in breeding Pokemon, whatever, just give a legitimate reason.
    Oh, one more rule: HAVE FUN! Enjoy talking about Pokemon you're breeding or have bred!
        Spoiler:- Members List:
    Also, we have a banner, kindly made for us by ShinyDoug, so here it is:
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Breeding Club Banner:

The Pokémon Breeding Circuit!

Eggstatic for New Moves - Hatch a Pokémon with an Egg Move(s) and a TM. BOTH have to be moves that are not normally learnable. You can decide what Pokémon and moves however if they do not meet the standard they will not be counted. So no easy stuff. ** Egg moves must be chain bred.
    IV got the right NATURE - Hatch a Pokémon with an Everstoned nature and a perfect IV, the IV has to benefit from the nature.
    Volt Tackular Eggs - Hatch a Volt Tackle Pichu with 20+ Attack and Speed IVs.
    Incensant Breeding - Hatch a Baby Pokémon through Incense Breeding
    Master of Masuda - Hatch a Shiny Pokémon using the Masuda Method

Rules for Breeding Circuit

Smeargle is NOT allowed, due to it being able to learn any kind of move. This makes things a bit too easy.
    No Dittos unless absolutely necessary (i.e. genderless Pokémon). We want you to get into egg groups as it’s more creative and helps in the long run.
    No trading/hacking for the target. This defies the point of the circuit. You can obviously trade for foreign Pokémon to help with Master of Masuda or to help speed up the egg production.
    If trading via serebiiforums.com to help with the circuit all forum rules apply. Especially the rules regarding hacked Pokémon. Don’t do it.
    We would love to see the results of the circuit, so if you can, provide pictures to back up your story. Provide the OT, name, and ID number of your files before you start so we know you didn’t trade for the Pokémon.

**Examples with the Eggstatic for New Moves if you’re having trouble with thinking of moves and Pokémon:

Scyther with Baton Pass.
    Archen with Head Smash
    Marill with Future Sight.
    Last edited by Miror; 1st May 2012 at 4:04 PM.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

I, MewLover360, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to follow them.
    I really would love to join since I love breeding pokemon and I recently started breeding magikarps to hatch some shinies! ^^I also am able to do most pokemon in johto for people since I have a ditto! ^^

Welcome to the club MewLover360, and you do not receive a strike because the rules were edited after you joined, but please make sure to follow the rules.
    Well, still plugging away, I'm trying to breed for a Naughty Ekans so it can have a high Attack IV, but no luck. I'm mainly checking the runoff from my Ekans MM shiny hunt, but none of them have the right nature. Good luck on your breeding hunts!

Do you want me to help you by breeding some Ekans? I'll see if I have any and I'll breed it with my ditto. If I breed a naughty I'll trade it to you! Oops! I didn't see the new rule! Sorry! My progress:
    Magikarp Eggs (Magieggs)
    Hatched: 4
    Obtained: 6
    Current Eggs: 2
    Shiny: 0
    Normal: 4
    All my normal hatched magikarps are always released since I don't like clutter!
    I have a memory condition so please, if I forget something important don't ban or exclude me! I was born with this and the doctor's say I will keep it for my whole life. Please forgive me!

please click!!

I, LegitBreeder, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
    The name says all really - I'm a professional breeder

Rarely on here from now on so PMs and VMs will get very late replies, the only site I will be on is my forum (click the banner to visit) which I am on every day.
    The free zorua are still available. I won't battle anyone I don't know so don't ask!

My main FC's are:
    Charly (B):5114 2825 8300 - Japanese pokemon & Zorua trades only.
    Charly (SS): 4942 3334 2812 - Everything 4th gen
    Buffy (W):2666 1316 2030 - Everything 5th gen

Welcome LegitBreeder, but I have to give you a strike because of too short a post. Please make sure that your posts are long enough so they're not considered spam. Or one-liners, for that matter. I'm happy to see more members finally coming! A good thing to lengthen your posts is to discuss what your breeding for, and what sort of things you look for in your Pokemon when breeding.

Sorry for so many regular updates! XD I've just hatched a shiny magikarp!! I'm so excited! It's my first shiny magikarp! On the contrary my breeding magikarp that was in the daycare had to be switched since she evolved into a Gyarados so I put my newest shiny magikarp so now I have a 1/64 chance of having a shiny if I'm correct! Yay! Let's breed 64 eggs and I'm guaranteed to have at least 1 shiny! Yay!!
    I have a memory condition so please, if I forget something important don't ban or exclude me! I was born with this and the doctor's say I will keep it for my whole life. Please forgive me!

please click!!

Default I'm Joining!

I, ShinyDoug, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hey guys! I have just begun my first real MM hunt ever: Caterpie! Fear his awesomeness and might!

I am really enthusiatic about this hunt. I just tried to MM Misdreavus, but after 1 painfully long party of hatching, I found out they take 6000+ steps to hatch :/

Congrats to MewLover360 on his breeding success!

I picked Caterpie for 3 reasons:
    1) He is awesome
    2) He hatches in roughly 2500 steps
    3) He is awesome

Wish me luck! And Admin Miror B., I just noticed how much these rules look like the Shiny Hunter's Club's new and previous rules combined :P

Good Luck to All!

And my Sig will be updated with my new hunt.

EDIT: MewLover360, that chance boost is only in G/S/C... Sorry to burst your bubble
    Happy Hunting!

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ivd3dw.png[/IMG]

Member of the SHINY POKEMON CLUB
    Co-Owner of the POKEMON BREEDING CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDoug View Post
    I, ShinyDoug, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hey guys! I have just begun my first real MM hunt ever: Caterpie! Fear his awesomeness and might!

I am really enthusiatic about this hunt. I just tried to MM Misdreavus, but after 1 painfully long party of hatching, I found out they take 6000+ steps to hatch :/

Congrats to MewLover360 on his breeding success!

I picked Caterpie for 3 reasons:
    1) He is awesome
    2) He hatches in roughly 2500 steps
    3) He is awesome

Wish me luck! And Admin Miror B., I just noticed how much these rules look like the Shiny Hunter's Club's new and previous rules combined :P

Good Luck to All!

And my Sig will be updated with my new hunt.

EDIT: MewLover360, that chance boost is only in G/S/C... Sorry to burst your bubble
    1. I'm a she! ^^
    2. Really? Aww man! So it's still 1/8124? :/ I know, I was in Shiny Hunter Group...They banned me cause my posts were too short...Well, I have a memory condition and not much to post about so it's just mean to ban me...:/

please click!!

Welcome to the club ShinyDoug, glad this place is finally getting members! Yeah, I know that the rules look pretty much the same, but oh well, they are good rules, and I got permission from Zabi to use them (well, sort of). Good luck on your Caterpie hunt!
    MewLover360, you barely avoided getting a strike for your last post, but it just managed to fit the bill at about 46 words and exactly 4 sentences. Just make sure that you have some more content to your posts. And congrats on the Magikarp by the way.
    Good luck with your breeding!

I just remembered about some tricks I used to know to hatch eggs faster. But there is something I don't know:

Does Flame Body help hatch eggs faster? Or just Magma Armor?

I only ask because I currently don't have a Magma Armor Pokemon.

So Far I have hatched 30 eggs (1 Box) and I'm gonna get more and a Flame Body Poke (assuming it works) after church.

Actually, these eggs don't take that longto hatch anyway.

Good luck to all!

Edit: Since this does not warrant a new post, I'm at 60 eggs hatched.
    Last edited by ShinyDoug; 28th February 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Happy Hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDoug View Post
    I just remembered about some tricks I used to know to hatch eggs faster. But there is something I don't know:

Does Flame Body help hatch eggs faster? Or just Magma Armor?

I only ask because I currently don't have a Magma Armor Pokemon.

So Far I have hatched 30 eggs (1 Box) and I'm gonna get more and a Flame Body Poke (assuming it works) after church.

Actually, these eggs don't take that longto hatch anyway.

Good luck to all!
    Flame body and Magma armour both work! ^^ 30 caterpie eggs? Congratz! I've hatched 14 magikarp eggs! Not very big progress :/ But I think I'm doing pretty well so far! Now I've kinda slowed down the breeding because I've evolved my Golbat into a Crobat and I'm training it a bit more so I can hunt Raikou and then enter the E4! Today I'm also going to Game (store) in the UK (where I live) and catch some Wi-Fi to use Mystery Gift and acquire a shiny Suicune since it's the last day today! Wish me luck! ^^

please click!!

SIGH. MewLover360, please do not go off on random tangents about why you cannot breed at the moment, or update every few eggs. Thanks. If you have an update, just do what ShinyDoug did and edit an older post, rather than making a new one every single time.
    OK, so for being on topic, I'm up to around 700 eggs, and counting, and I did get the Naughty Ekans I wanted. I just hope that the shiny one I'm hunting for will be Naughty!

I, Pucca_ness, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hi I would like to join because i've recently bred some decent pokemon and i would like to gain more knowledge for future hunts.

I've obtained a shiny Charmander and a shiny Dratini with Extreme Speed via MM.

The Dratini breeding resulted in having lots of ExtremeSpeed Dratini which were popular on the forums for trades!

I've decided that it's time for me to finally create a competitive team and i've started with Scizor.

I've been breeding Scyther with the Egg move Baton Pass and perfect HP, Attack and Speed ivs and a Jolly nature and the Technician ability. Preferably i'm looking for an outstanding one but's it's taking an age.

I have many with a Jolly nature and good ivs but they're not sticking in the right places. I think i'm doing everthing right, both parents have flawless HP/Atk/Spd one is passing a stat with an item and the other is passing the nature. The problem is the Ability and the ivs :P i've had some perfect ivs but the wrong nature.

Only time will solve this =P I think i gave all the right info there. One of the parents might not have all three of those with 31 ivs.

So yeah, i've got a small amount there. I've bred others for egg moves for people before and myself when i've needed them, i've also got some from trades.

I'm also decent at photshop and illustrator so if you need artwork i can give it a go. I've never done artwork for a forum before though.

I hope i will lean lots from this club =]

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

Welcome to the club Pucca_ness, hope you get to have some fun here! Nice job on the Scythers, I might look into getting one myself XD Well, like I said, welcome and we're glad to have you here!
    Just a note, it is allowed to ask questions about breeding here, just make sure not to ask completely pointless questions please. Good luck to you all!

After careful consideration, it has been determined that Pucca_ness will from this time henceforth shall be a co-owner (like my Shakespearean language? ). She has shown herself as reliable and competent enough for the place of co-owner. As co-owner, Pucca_ness does have the power to give out strikes, and will assist the owner (me) in his duties. Good luck in your breeding!
    Last edited by Miror; 15th May 2011 at 8:10 PM.

Hello everyone! First of all as co-owner i will be vigilant so any spam and whatnot will not be tolerated. If you're referring to me it's "she" not "he" just to clarify.

If you double/triple post due to Serebii's or your own lagging issues then please delete one of them in the edit option thanks.

Also Mewlover, if you have to tell someone about your updates, i'm happy to listen via vm so you can save your larger posts for here. That way you can keep chatting to someone if you want/need to and you don't get in trouble for posting too little.

That goes for everyone who likes to update alot! Talk about updates amongst yourselves and talk about real progress, share tips and other pokemon breeding related things here.

I have some questions that members can answer if they want to. I hope they will add a bit of fun until Admin Miror B and I can think up any activities.

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding?
    What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own)
    What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? (Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc)
    Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected.
    Why do you breed pokemon?
    What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred?
    What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring?

Added by MewLover360
    Have you ever hatched a shiny?
    Have you managed to breed a starter?

I can say i've bred a shiny starter!

You can answer as many or as few as you like!
    Last edited by Pucca_ness; 1st March 2011 at 10:05 PM.

Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding? When I caught a ditto in HG
    What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own) I think it was an eevee
    What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? (Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc)Dratini
    Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected. Yeah, shiny magikarp
    Why do you breed pokemon? I love the thrill of getting shiny egg or seeing it hatch
    What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred? Manaphy
    What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring? 3days, shiny magikarp

Can I add some more questions? ^_^ Have you ever hatched a shiny?

please click!!

I know I'm never gonna reply to these if I don't now, so here goes nothing! (And in terms of Breeding, nothing is exactly right. I haven't played Pokemon since my chained Duskull yesterday. But back on topic)

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding?
    I wanted more of some Pokemon that I already had during the days of FR/LG.

What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own)
    That's a toughie... Squirtle maybe? It was so long ago...

What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? (Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc)
    Um... It was really Cyndaquil for shininess (failed and SR'd)

Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected.
    Adamant Caterpies! Haha

Why do you breed pokemon?
    For shinies and plain old duplication, sorry to say

What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred?
    Treeko. It was very helpful.

What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring?
    Not long. I'm usually not looking for anything in particular. Still working on Caterpie, though.

Have you ever hatched a shiny?
    Yes! Thank you Shiny Egg in Crystal!

Yup, many times.
    Happy Hunting!

I,alfredo3001, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
    I'm joining because,I'm actually better with breding more than Catching/chaining.I Love Breeding.

I'm currently MM for a shiny pichu.I hatched 150 in three days.And no shiny there yet :l

I'll keep the good-natured Leftovers to trade them and will keep one for me and then EV train it.Wish me luck,I need it.
    Last edited by alfredo3001; 4th March 2011 at 2:55 AM.

I'm back :3

Welcome alfredo3001, we're glad to have you here! Glad that you like to breed!
    Now update, up to around 900 eggs on Ekans, still hoping for a shiny one, but if I find one with good IV's I'll keep it for sure. Hope everyone's having a good time breeding, and good luck to you all!

I, beginingbreeder, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hi I would like to join so that i can learn more about breeding. I only started breeding in Soul Silver and I really am starting to like it, and maybe get some help with it if i have a question.

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding? I saw the benifits of it and just wanted to try it.
    What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own) sudowoodo
    What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? (Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc) Haven't yet
    Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected. n/a
    Why do you breed pokemon? I get a thrill out of it.
    What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred? pichu
    What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring? two days

Added by MewLover360
    Have you ever hatched a shiny? no
    Have you managed to breed a starter? no

Welcome to the club beginingbreeder, i hope you will learn all you need to know and show us some top bred pokemon!

As for me, not really bred any more Scyther, been playing White version alot. I plan to breed a shiny Axew at some point because shiny Haxorus is one of the best shinies imo.

Is anyone else planning to breed for shinies in 5th gen? Has anyone bred a shiny in 5th gen?

I decided to MM Munna since it has such a low step count to hatch. I have hatched 29 Munna eggs in a new hunt that I may or may not continue. However, when the 30th egg was hatching, my DSi did the all-too-often thing that it does of turning off when the left front corner is hit lightly. I REALLY hope it wasn't a shiny. I chose Munna because it is really easy to hatch, especially with my Flame Body Magmortar, which causes some to hatch before I get all 5 in my party.

Good luck to all of you guys!
    Last edited by ShinyDoug; 15th March 2011 at 9:17 PM.
    Happy Hunting!

I'm currently hatching Axew in 5th gen.

I'm aiming for an Adamant nature and a shiny version of it. So far about 60 eggs hatched, the going will be slow for i have a lot of college work to do.

Good luck on the Munna! I heard there was a way to speed up hatching even more by using something from the Entralink or w/e it's called but it's not permanent.
    Plus i do not know if it affects shiny production.
    Last edited by Pucca_ness; 15th March 2011 at 2:12 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast