Bulky Calm Mind
    252 HP/200 Def/52 speed/Jolly
    Salac Berry
    Ability:Overgrow
    -Calm Mind
    -Glare/Substitute
    -Energy Ball/Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power Fighting/Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Flying

Who expects this? Substitute will help boost stats, but Glare will cripple other pokemon. Calm mind boost special defense and special attack, so you don't need EVs in either. Energy ball and Giga drain are obviously for stab(GigaDrain makes it bulkier), and hidden power is for coverage. After enough damage, Overgrow and salac berry will take effect, allowing it to sweep before it faints. Looking for a better EV spreed, though.

Offensive Calm Mind
    252 Sp.att/252 Speed/Jolly
    Salac Berry
    Ability:OverGrow
    -Substitute
    -Calm Mind
    -Endergy Ball
    -Hidden Power Fighting/Fire/Flying

Get up substute, activate salac berry, and get as many calm minds as possible. Once overgrow and salac berry take effect, sweep.

Swords Dance
    252 Attack/252 Speed/Jolly
    Leftovers/Life orb
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Leaf Blade
    -Return

Get up substitute, then boost. Leaf blade is for stab, and Return hits every thing but ghost, rock, and steel types. The item depends on your opinion.

Who said Ninetales is the only sunlight summoner?
    252 Sp.attack/252 Speed/Modest
    Heat Rock
    Ability:Overgrow/Perversity
    -SunnyDay
    -Solar Beam
    -Hidden Power fire
    -Substitute

Use substitute....Then sunny day...like all my other sets.... When you're ready, use sunny day. SolarBeam needs no boost in the sun, and if you still have substitute up, you can handle tyranitars, hippowdons, and politoads by sacrificing the sub to use Sunny Day, then solar beam. Finally, hidden power fire gos up to 105 power in the sun, and can OHKO abomnisnow.

Description:Set up a substitute and then start boosting up with coil.Leech seed is very handy with this set,too while it helps gaining the HP that you lost using sub.
    Why aerial ace when coil boost accuracy?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Serperior-

Snakes have been known for leeching things..
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature:Adamant/Jolly
    Item:Leftovers
    -Leaf Blade
    -Leech Seed
    -Coil
    Dragon tail

Serperior-

Snakes have been known for leeching things..
    Nature:Adamant/Jolly
    Item:Leftovers
    -Leaf Blade
    -Leech Seed
    -Coil
    Dragon tail
    You should think about using substitute, which works great with Leech seed, leftovers, and Stat boosting moves.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Disrupt & Set Up
    Serperior @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
    252 HP/4 SpDef/252 Spd
    -Glare
    -Coil
    -Dragon Tail
    -Leaf Blade

The purpose of this set is to come in and disrupt whichever Pokemon is out, and set up to be a physical tank. Glare allows for a relatively reliable paralysis, which provides an opportunity to use Coil to set up. Dragon Tail can be used for phazing, and with its speed maxed Serperior can hit them before they hit it. Leaf Blade is used for basic stab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revenge Disrupter
    Serperior @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
    4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
    -Glare
    -Dragon Tail
    -Leaf Blade
    -Iron Tail/Hidden Power Fire
    This set is similar to the previous one, except it isn't meant to stay out for too long. Serperior comes in, and can either paralyze with Glare, crippling a sweep or use Dragon Tail to force a switch. Leaf Blade can be used for STAB, possibly performing a revenge kill. Iron Tail can also be used for a revenge kill, but is slightly unreliable. And Hidden Power Fire can be used to take the ever so common Ferrothorn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Physical Tank
    Serperior @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature/Impish Nature
    252 HP/4 Att/252 SpDef
    -Coil
    -Leech Seed
    -Leaf Blade
    -Dragon Tail
    Here Serperior uses Coil's boosts to act as a physical tank. Leech Seed when used with Leftovers provides a fair amount of recovery each turn. Leaf Blade is used again here for basic STAB damage, and Dragon Tail can be used to get rid of any threats or something that you can't hit for normal damage.

Userbar by Gladeshadow
    Banner made by me!

A Jalorda works great with Typhlosion. You can have the Oath combo, and an Oath set is always worth mentioning in the case of a starter. Jalorda can either set up a Sunny Day or let the Typhlosion do the work, and/or you can look at how Jalorda can open up a move on a Typhlosion because it will be carrying and grass move. Typhlosion can either have Extrasensory or Focus Blast to attack opposing Fire types, unless you are in a triple battle and have, say, an Empoleon or Samurott (you can tell I like starters).
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

Serperior @ Leftovers
    Overgrow
    Jolly
    60 Atk / 252 SpD / 196 Spe
    -Glare/Coil
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Dragon Tail

A rather defensive set. Whether to use Coil or Glare is entirely up to personal preference. Substitute for obvious reasons, and Leech Seed to keep Serperior alive. Dragon Tail to phaze. The 196 Speed EVs are there to outspeed positive natured, max EV'd base 105 Pokemon.

And now for a Perversity set...

Serperior @ Life Orb
    Perversity
    Timid / Modest
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Leaf Storm
    -HP Fire/Rock/Ground
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed

Leaf Storm is a powerful move, and also gives you a +2 boost in SpA every time you use it. Pretty standard. HP Fire is for opposing Grass, Bug and Steel types (especially Scizor and Ferrothorn), HP Rock is for Flying types and HP Ground is mostly for Fire types, especially non-Balloon Heatran. SubSeed to beat Dragons.
    Last edited by Ultimate Glalie; 20th February 2011 at 11:24 PM.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

you need moves that can take out fires and ices and grass moves that can take advantage of overgrow
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

Serperior@Leftovers
    Jolly/Overgrow
    248 HP/126 Def/126 spdef/4 Atk
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Dragon Tail
    -Toxic/Glare

SubSeedSerppurtior. SubSeed is the name of the game. Its the third fastest non-uber Subseeder behind Sceptile and Whimsicott. Dragon Tail helps rack up passive damage through entry hazards if you catch something on the switch. Toxic/Glare is some status to fock up walls or p*ss of sweepers. The HP EVs get it 4 subs. Split the defences and 4 Atk for Dragon Tail. Jolly is for outspeeding...something. I think it beats max speed base 70 and below or something...

Counters: Chillacinno, Breloom, stuff with Dual Chop work great a breaking this guys subs. Shell Break Cloyster is an absolute wrecking ball against this. Icicle Spear easily breaks the sub after two hits and you still have 75 of +2 power to KO with. Since Dragon Tail gets negative priority he can break its Sub and then attack full force nect turn. Just watch out for Glare and you'll be fine.

Teammates: Ferrothorn makes a great partner for taking out Cloyster and setting up Spikes, Stealth Rock etc. Anything
    Last edited by Aurath8; 20th February 2011 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Chandelure would work well as a counter, considering Serperior doesn't have many moves than can actually do damage, and if Chandelure has a Choice Scarf it should be able to outspeed to avoid the Dragon Tail, which seems to be present on several sets.

Userbar by Gladeshadow
    Banner made by me!

I've had this dual screen set sitting around for a while.

Nature: Bold/Calm
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Perversity (so sue me.)
    EVs: 252 Def./ 252 Sp. Def./ 4 Speed
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Leech Seed
    -Hidden Power Fire

A simple set. Reflect and Light Screen due to being a dual screener. -.- Leech Seed is for survivability, and HP Fire hits almost anything with an immunity to Leech Seed (Grass-types and Sap Sippers) for at least neutral damage. Perversity is the ability both for switch-ins on the odd stat-lowering move, and because this set gains absolutely nothing from Overgrow.

Teammates: Flash Fire Heatran resists every type Serperior is weak against, and enjoys the boost from the Fire-type moves this set will attract. Also any Pokemon with low defenses would love the protection provided by Light Screen/Reflect.

Counters: Sap Sipper Azumarrill walls this set, though why anyone would use that over Huge Power is beyond me. Also Flash Fire variants of Houndoom, Heatran, Chandelure, and Heatmor can shut this down completely with Taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune95 View Post
    Chandelure would work well as a counter, considering Serperior doesn't have many moves than can actually do damage, and if Chandelure has a Choice Scarf it should be able to outspeed to avoid the Dragon Tail, which seems to be present on several sets.
    Dragon Tail has negative priority. Nothing would need a Choice Scarf to outspeed it.
    Last edited by Frahugganiffle; 20th February 2011 at 10:48 PM.

A good counter for Serperior would be Charizard, moltres and any other fire/flying combo. Charizard is a good block due to hight attack/special attack (depending on nature) and could demolish Serperior with aerial ace and air slash. Moltres is similar, with heat wave at its disposel (charizard could learn this too). A good way of blocking this is to get a rather strong pokemon that can learn follow me, and increase its Evaisiveness.

Just a thought...

Serperior- Timid Leftovers/Light Clay
    -Giga Drain
    -Calm Mind
    -Subsitute
    -Toxic/Light Screen/ Reflect

A wall and supporting serperior; set up subsitute and then giga drain to drain back the lost hp, use toxic/light screen/reflect to help keep the substitute going and then use calm mind to power up your giga drains to get full health. Give it a timid nature so it can be fast to have the first turn for subsitutes and giga drains. Give it ev's in hp, speed and if theirs anything remaining in special attack
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Serperior:
    Nature: Bold/Timid/Modest/Calm
    -Giga Drain/Leaf Strom
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Ground/Rock/Ice)
    -Toxic/Leech Seed
    -Protect/Substitute
    This set depends on what you want to run. Hidden Power (Fire/Ground/Rock/Ice) for good coverage. Giga Drain, Toxic and Protect/Substitute gives recovery and spam damage. Leaf Storm, Leech Seed and Protect/Substitute gives powerful STAB and recovery. Serperior is able to pull off this set well with its bulkiness and its fast Speed.`
    Last edited by SazandoraMASTER; 20th February 2011 at 11:29 PM.

Okay, I've been waiting to sign up specifically for a Pokémon like this.

Serperior Special Counter
    Ability: Overgrow/Perversity
    EV: 252 Sp Def/ 252 HP/4 Speed
    Items: Big Root, Leftovers
    -Mirror Coat
    -Giga Drain/Leech Seed
    -Calm Mind
    -Light Screen/Dragon Tail

Serperior's a defensive type of Pokémon, so using it as a counter works pretty well. Mirror Coat takes anything something dishes out to Serperior, and sends it back double. With all the weaknesses that come with being a Grass-type, Serperior's gonna be sending quite a lot back. Giga Drain allows you to heal plenty of the damage Serperior takes in one go, while Leech Seed takes more time, but foregoes resistences. Calm Mind is the only move Serperior has to raise its Sp Def, and being a Special Counter it'll need this. Light Screen raises not only Serperior's Sp Def by double, but the rest of the team as well, while Dragon Tail knocks the more unfavorable opponents out of the battle, while doing damage.

Stallperior
    EV: 252 Sp Def/252 Def/4 HP
    Items: Leftovers
    Moves:
    -Toxic
    -Light Screen/Reflect/Protect
    -Gastro Acid/Protect/Leech Seed
    -Leaf Blade

A set focused on stalling and walling opponents. Being fast and having good defenses, Serperior can screw with opponents for a while Toxic is well.... Toxic. Light Screen and Reflect, your choice. Gastro Acid is an interesting move, since it can take out those pesky Abilities. Protect stalls for Toxic, while Leech Seed steals a little HP every turn, adding to Toxic and healing Serperior. Leaf Blade is so you aren't stuck when you're Taunted, and is a decent move overall.

Hail the King
    EV: 108 Sp Def/108 Def/252 Sp Atk/4 Speed or HP
    Ability: Perversity
    Items: Big Root
    Moves:
    -Leaf Storm
    -Giga Drain
    -Wring Out
    -Energy Ball

Leaf Storm needs no explanation; it's the center of this set pure and simple. Massive damage, and instead of halving Sp Atk each time, it doubles it, thanks to Perversity, making it obcenely stronger each use. The jump in Special Attack also helps the rest of this moveset as well. Giga Drain steals HP, and the Big Root just makes it even more effective and dangerous. Wring Out punishes opponents when they first come out, which is boosted by Leaf Storm/Perversity. Energy Ball is mostly a slot-filler, but still an overall decent move.

Counters:
    POISON-TYPES RUIN SERPERIOR. Immune to Toxic and anything Serperior can throw at them, and just overall beat Serperior to a pulp. Crobat, being insanely faster and having a x4 resistence to pretty much everything Serperior has, in addition to a slew of Poison and Flying moves Crobat has, is perfect for dethroning Serperior. On that note, Flying-types can also screw with Serperior pretty badly too, especially ones with x4 resistences like Charizard and Moltres, who also have plenty to send right at Serperior.

Double/Triple Battles:
    What makes Serperior very, very useful here is Gastro Acid. With that and a decent speed, Pokémon like Slaking and Regigas are best buds with Serperior. Sweepers are also quite close to Serperior, particularly ones that can smash through Serperior's weaknesses, and benefit from its support.

Quote Originally Posted by Frahugganiffle View Post
    Dragon Tail has negative priority. Nothing would need a Choice Scarf to outspeed it.
    I was unaware of this, thanks for pointing that out. And in that case Scizor could also be a good counter with supper effective X-Scissor or U-Turn.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Serperior- Timid Leftovers/Light Clay
    -Giga Drain
    -Calm Mind
    -Subsitute
    -Toxic/Light Screen/ Reflect
    I could see Glare being useful in the 4th move slot as well. Providing paralysis support for the rest of the team and possibly stopping the opponent from knocking down your substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackYinZekrom View Post
    Hail the King
    EV: 108 Sp Def/108 Def/252 Sp Atk/4 Speed or HP
    Ability: Perversity
    Items: Big Root
    Moves:
    -Leaf Storm
    -Giga Drain
    -Wring Out
    -Energy Ball
    You shouldn't use Energy Ball in this set as you already have two other grass moves. Hidden Power Fire, Ground, Rock, or Ice could all be useful. Fire for taking out opposing grass types and Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress. HP Ground can be used for taking out fire types, like Chandelure or Heatran, and Poison types, which you said kill Serperior. Rock for flying types and Ice for dragons.
    Last edited by Suicune95; 20th February 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Userbar by Gladeshadow
    Banner made by me!

The Untouchable
    Serperior-Timid
    -Subsitute
    -Light Screen/Reflect
    -Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
    -Toxic/Calm Mind/Glare
    Put all ev's in speed, hp and remaining in special defence, if using light screen/reflect, use light clay, if not then use leftovers.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Serperior @leftovers
    EV's: 125 HP/ 252 Atk/ 133 SpD
    Nature: Careful (+ SpD, - SpA)
    Moveset:
    -Dragon Tail
    -Iron Tail/ Aerial Ace
    -Leaf Blade
    -Snake Coil

This is pretty unique, Snake Coil raises defense which makes him harder to kill which allows you to spam Dragon Tail + raises attack so makes Dragon Tail is more powerful. Aerial Ace gives better coverage than Iron Tail, but Iron Tail is more powerful. Leaf Blade is good for STAB and it's awesomely powerful. He's quite bulky so this set should last, it's just a shame he doesn't have a decent healing move (excluding Leech Seed, because you'll be using dragon tail).

Default Sub-Perior

Sub-perior
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed/Coil
    - Glare/Dragon Tail/Aerial Ace
    - Leaf Blade
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    EVs and Nature:
    156 HP / 240 Sp. Def / 102 Speed / 12 Attack
    Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk) / Careful (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)

Serperior has a surprisingly nice bulk, and it's speed is fast enough to set up Substitute. Substitute is kinda obvious, blocks Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, etc. Leech Seed makes Serperior super Bulky, regaining HP each turn after Leftovers and Leech Seed, while slowly eating away at the opponent. Although Coil would make Serperior hard to take down as well, and gives a boost to Leaf Blade as well. Accuracy boost isn't that much needed, but helps Glare. Speaking of Glare, it's a really great move on Serperior, to cripple sweepers and just screws up most Pokemon in general. And it hits ground types/Motor Drive/Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb/anything Thunder Wave couldn't hit too! Although, since Poison Pokemon and other Pokemon with a 4x resistance to grass like Ferrothorn, Crobat, Scizor, and Charizard make a great counter, Aerial Ace is also useful to get neutral hits. Dragon Tail can be a Roar/Whirlwind alternative, screwing up Stat boosts, inflicting a little damage on the side, and inflicting more damage on the next Pokemon with Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes if it is already set up. Leaf Blade is so you don't get owned by Taunt. It's a great move in general too.

Overgrow is for when you get down low enough, Leaf Blade gets a boost.
    Jolly is for Speed, and Careful is so he will have max Sp. Def, and Coil for Def.

Counters:
    Basically any Pokemon with a 4x weakness to Leaf Blade.
    Crobat is probably the best, since it's faster than Serperior, can set up Taunt, and has two STAB moves that can screw up Serperior.

Opposing Grass Pokemon are also ok counters, since they resist Leaf Blade, and aren't affected by Leech Seed. Just watch out for Glare/Aerial Ace.

Skarmory is also a notable counter, due to it's massive defense and resistance to Leaf Blade and Aerial Ace.
    Last edited by Pokeman Man; 21st February 2011 at 3:09 AM. Reason: Fixed something

i guess you could run growth for mixed sweeping? growth+leaf storm, energy ball, HP whatever, return, dragon tail could be a decent set, but with sweeping it's outclassed by sceptile, who has better offensive stats and a better movepool. it does have glare, which is a big plus on support sets. for counters, i'm pretty sure any fast fire type can kill it. fire types resist leaf storm and HP fire/ice.

Just saying, Perversity hasn't been released yet as an ability, so basically all the sets with perversity should probably go at the end of the analysis and mentioned as Dreamworld only.

And Jaroda basically sucks without it.

Why don't we slap it with a focus sash and call it a lead?

With Perversity

Serperior @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry
    Perversity
    Timid/Naive
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe or 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe... idk
    -Leaf Storm
    -Taunt
    -Glare/Dragon Tail
    -Sunny Day

Leaf Storm for an attack with of course perversity to make people mad. Taunt for Wall breaking. Glare can be for more annoyance, or Dragon Tail can be a less accurate Roar. Sunny Day makes this guy Hippowdon's worst enermy, temporarily crippling sand storm teams.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

vs fire
    perversity
    leftovers/big root (br works better)
    moves-
    leaf storm
    hp rock/water
    giga drain
    leech seed/glare
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

vs fire
    perversity
    leftovers/big root (br works better)
    moves-
    leaf storm
    hp rock/water
    giga drain
    leech seed/glare
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

vs fire
    perversity
    focus sash/big root(br works better)
    moves-
    giga drain
    hp rock/water
    leaf storm
    leech seed/glare/taunt

also my computer is making copies of my posts

credits go to here.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

vs fire
    perversity
    focus sash/big root(br works better)
    moves-
    giga drain
    hp rock/water
    leaf storm
    leech seed/glare/taunt

also my computer is making copies of my posts

credits go to here.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast