Jalorda @ Petaya Berry/Leftovers/Life Orb/ Miracle Seed
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Modest/ Rash
    EVs: See below
    -Substitute
    -Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power Fire/ Return/ Leaf Blade
    -Twister/Calm Mind/ Growth

This set is very diverse, and is a dragontamer98 original. Substitute down with Jalorda's great speed. He can sub down to range of Petaya and Overgrow and Giga Drain to regain health. After that he can sub down again and keep on Giga Drain, somewhat of a stall set. Hidden Power Fire has nice coverage with Giga Drain. Twister has nice coverage with Hidden Power Fire. Calm Mind is for more boosts and some bulk. Growth is another way of boosting, and Leaf Blade and Return can be used to take advantage of the attack boosts, but double Grass is risky...
    The Evs depend on the set you choose. If you choose to use Twister or Calm Mind, the EVs are 252 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP. With Growth the EVs are 180 Attack/ 76 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed.

HP might have to be adjusted to get into range of petaya with 3 subs.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Awesome pokémon, glad it's getting a feature so soon.

Seems like pretty much every practical set has been posted at one point or another, so I'll post some...

Counters: Shell Break Cloyster can easily destroy a SubSeed SmugLord, but a Leaf Storm from a PerveLord will obviously OHKO it.

Has anyone made a PerverStorm SubSeed hybrid set yet?

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Awesome pokémon, glad it's getting a feature so soon.

Seems like pretty much every practical set has been posted at one point or another, so I'll post some...

Counters: Shell Break Cloyster can easily destroy a SubSeed SmugLord, but a Leaf Storm from a PerveLord will obviously OHKO it.

Has anyone made a PerverStorm SubSeed hybrid set yet?
    Cloyster switches in as Serperior subs up and gets OHKO'd by Energy Ball, what a fine counter.

A Pervesity Leaf Storm SubSeed set would be walled too easily by a grass type or Heatran and any dragon not named Kingdra, depending which Hidden Power you choose.

Lati@s counters basically every Serperior set there is so they're the main things Serperior's teammates have to deal with. With that Tyranitar and Bronzong are good teammates because they handle the Latis well and Bronzong benefits greatly from leech seed.

OK, so I haven't looked at all of everyone else's contributions so forgive me if I repeat any, but these would be my choices:

Just one Perversity Set?
    Serperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Perversity
    EVs: 20 HP / 252 SAtk / 236 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Reflect
    - Mirror Coat

Leaf Storm for the most obvious reason - the two stage raise of special attack plus a powerful stab! Hidden Power [Fire] because the most common counters against Serperior always seem to be grass types such as Venusaur or Ferrothorn and thus with this, they can be OHKOed. Reflect just incase it runs in to anything it might have troubles with and this can also support the team, whilst mirror coat allows your "vulnerable" special defence to become a weapon, again it's really a 'just in case scenario'. EVs are basically to max out speed and special attack, but 236 speed alone allows you to outrun the fastest 110 base speed pokemon and you gain nothing else from increasing it to max, so why bother? The rest can just be put in to HP for a slightly higher defence system. This set is a bit of both really.

Physical Sweeper
    Serperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Leaf Blade
    - Snake Coil
    - Dragon Tail
    - Mirror Coat

OK, Overgrow because after Mirror Coat or Dragon Tail you'll be getting hits which probably put your health to a very low percentage - perfect for this trait to kick in! Leaf Blade because it is your strongest physical stab move which can be enhanced by Coil! With Coil increasing your defence, Serperior's special defence is going to look like a tasty meal for some others which is where Mirror Coat comes in. Dragon Tail is very much needed to allow this pokemon to boost its stats against something weak or to prevent it becoming a sitting duck for a resistant grass type such as Leafeon.
    EVs are a similar story as before, but swapping the special attack in to attack.

Don't disturb the rattle snake...
    Serperior @ Leftovers / Big Root
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire] / Reflect
    - Calm Mind
    - Toxic

I really love this set. It's really hard to counter once it's got going! Increasing all EVs in Def and SpDef, none in health as you want that Giga Drain to heal a high proportion of your own HP. Calm Mind + Giga Drain's recovery allows you to stall out their toxic whilst Hidden Power [Fire] surprises any popular grass or steel type switch-ins. Reflect raises defence but that's fairly pointless if you're stuck against their counter. Bold nature already increases defence to a high level anyway. Leftovers or Big Root? Well Giga Drain is your primary source of healing but leftovers helps, but so does Big Root... Choice is yours but I'd personally go for leftovers as it'll heal you every turn.

Counters: For sets without Hidden Power [Fire], Venusaur, Leafeon, Ferrothorn and other bulky grass, poison or steel types. Fire type pokemon are never really used but Blaziken's Speed Boost makes it the most likely candidate to be faster as no other (bar Arceus) reaches higher than 108 base speed. They must be careful of toxic however!
    Parteners: With so many weaknesses, it's hard to help Serperior, but a Starmie + Psych Up would do very nicely here..!

The Grass starter Serperior gets the first POTW mention compared to the other 5th gen starters.
    I may have just joined but I have been playing pokemon since it first came out so must have learnt something in that time.

Sub/Toxic Serperior

- Substitute
    - Mean Look
    - Toxic
    - Leech Seed

Pretty self explanatory move list. Substitute to block any status problems, attacks etc. Mean Look keeps the opponent from switching. Toxic and Leech Seed drains health while healing the health taken away from Substitute.

Perversity works best with this set.

Don't need Attack or Special Attack for this set so natures like Impish and Careful work well as they boost Serperior's Defence and Special Defence.

Hold item has to be Leftovers to making Serperior survive even longer, helps against sweepers.
    Last edited by Pledster; 21st February 2011 at 12:36 PM.

The Walling Snake Set
    Serperior-Impish/Timid/Calm/Careful-Big Clay/Miracle Seed
    -Reflect/Light Screen
    -Coil/Calm Mind
    -Leaf Blade/Aerial Ace/Energy Ball
    -Substitute/Double Team/Toxic
    This set is used against pokemon with strong physical/special moves, start off with reflect/light screen to up the defense, increase your attack and defense more with coil/calm mind then use a move to damage the enemy and finally either up your evasiveness or plant a toxic on the enemy. If you go with subsitute, use that at the beginning of the set. Natures depend on whether your going to be physical or special and item depends on your reflect/light screen.
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 21st February 2011 at 5:13 PM.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

[QUOTE=Suicune95;11989992]

Revenge Disrupter
    Serperior @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
    4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
    -Glare
    -Dragon Tail
    -Leaf Blade
    -Iron Tail/Hidden Power Fire
    This set is similar to the previous one, except it isn't meant to stay out for too long. Serperior comes in, and can either paralyze with Glare, crippling a sweep or use Dragon Tail to force a switch. Leaf Blade can be used for STAB, possibly performing a revenge kill. Iron Tail can also be used for a revenge kill, but is slightly unreliable. And Hidden Power Fire can be used to take the ever so common Ferrothorn.

Dragon tail has negitive priority so the choice scraf becomes redundant in that case, Glare seems pointless, as if you are focusing on a revenge set, why cripple when you could kill? replace the first two pointless moves with Giga impact and aerial ace to give better coverage for a revenge kill set? it seems more logical to have a revenge killer rather than a revenge disrupter
    Last edited by EvanSeven; 21st February 2011 at 2:41 PM.

Looking at Serperior, I personally am not too impressed. In fact, I find none of the 5th gen. starters are spectacular in any way. They have their nice little niches and unique things, but these I see as small.

Anyway, here is my Serperior set:

The SubSeed

@Leftovers

-Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Mean Look/Aerial Ace/Glare/Pursuit
    -Leaf Blade/Energy Ball/Giga Drain

EVs: 252HP and Speed, 4 ATK or SPATK

This set can be kinda fun actually. The idea is to SubSeed and use Mean Look to keep the seeded victim in battle. Mean Look can be replaced with Glare to spread Paralysis. You can also use Aerial Ace so that other grass types don't ruin you. The last slot is STAB. You could also use Pursuit to catch switchers that want to get rid of Leech Seed.

Sweet Scent
    Bold @ Light Clay
    252 Def/ 80 Spa/ 176 SpD
    Peservity
    - Sweet Scent
    - Leaf Storm
    - Dragon Tail
    - Light Screen

Makes sense right? *Nooo* yep I'm expecting that. Bold Dragon tail
        Spoiler:- Click or I will order you to dance with Justin Beiber:

(12:21:35) Udder Chaos: jb is gggggggaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    (12:21:45) Ray !: ^
    (12:21:48) GoreAndSuch: ^
    (12:21:51) adadadada: ^

Sweet Scent
    Bold @ Light Clay
    252 Def/ 80 Spa/ 176 SpD
    Peservity
    - Sweet Scent
    - Leaf Storm
    - Dragon Tail
    - Light Screen

Makes sense right? *Nooo* yep I'm expecting that. Bold Dragon tail
        Spoiler:- Click or I will order you to dance with Justin Beiber:

(12:21:35) Udder Chaos: jb is gggggggaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    (12:21:45) Ray !: ^
    (12:21:48) GoreAndSuch: ^
    (12:21:51) adadadada: ^

Sweeping Serperior-Miracle Seed/Leftovers
    -Swords Dance/Calm Mind
    -Leaf Blade/Energy Ball
    -Dragon Tail/Iron Tail/Twister
    -Toxic
    A standard sweeping set. The first slot to up the attack and two moves to attack and toxic to scare the enemy itno switching.

Unstrikable Seperior-Big Root
    -Double Team
    -Subsitute
    -Giga Drain
    -Toxic/Reflect/Light Screen
    The aim of this set is to overuse double team so the opponent can't strike. If the opponent is using moves like aerial ace, use subsitute and giga drain lost hp. Use toxic to scare off enemies or reflect/light screen to help defense.

Supporting Seperior-Big Clay
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Toxic
    -Subsitute
    A good way to up the defense and support your team. Shame serperior can't get baton pass.
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 21st February 2011 at 5:49 PM.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

What about a defensive perversity set?
    Since his stats wont be decreased by your opponents move out side of swagger and flatter.
    Serperior-Light Clay
    Perversity
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Dragontail
    -glare

or

Offensive

Serperior-left overs
    perversity
    -Dragontail
    -Swagger
    -psyche up
    -leafstorm

^^^I think this should be tested, I like the idea but it might be gimmicky.

Serperior-bigroot
    overgrow
    Calm Mind
    Coil
    Giga Drain
    Dragontail

If your opponent lets you set up, your good.

Serperior-LifeOrb
    perversity
    -Twister
    -GigaDrain
    -Hidden Power-Ground
    -leafstorm

Generic perversity set plus twister.

When I first saw this guy I expected a Grass Psychic Pokemon, or Grass steel. And even though hes neither of those im suprised he doesnt learn any psychic moves still.
    Mike: 2793-0594-7347
    Pokemon Master in White 2. Aiming to demolish 6th gen.

Jynx would be a good partner taking care of poison/and dragon types

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Just saying, Perversity hasn't been released yet as an ability, so basically all the sets with perversity should probably go at the end of the analysis and mentioned as Dreamworld only.

And Jaroda basically sucks without it.
    I'll mention that it technically doesn't exist yet, but I'll still include the sets.

Serperior @Wide Lens/Wise Glasses
    Perversity
    -Leaf Storm
    -Glare
    -Leech Seed
    -Hidden Power(Rock)

Serperior @Leftovers
    Overgrow
    -Coil
    -Leaf Blade/Aerial Ace
    -Calm Mind
    -Leaf Tornado

Serperior @Brightpowder
    Overgrow
    -Growth
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain
    -Dragon Tail/Iron Tail

Serperior @Rugged Helmet
    Overgrow
    -Toxic
    -Double Team
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Tail

Quote Originally Posted by pikamanepicfail45 View Post
    vs fire
    perversity
    focus sash/big root(br works better)
    moves-
    giga drain
    hp rock/water
    leaf storm
    leech seed/glare/taunt

also my computer is making copies of my posts
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1zdulxv.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by EvanSeven View Post
    Dragon tail has negitive priority so the choice scraf becomes redundant in that case, Glare seems pointless, as if you are focusing on a revenge set, why cripple when you could kill? replace the first two pointless moves with Giga impact and aerial ace to give better coverage for a revenge kill set? it seems more logical to have a revenge killer rather than a revenge disrupter
    Yeah it was pointed out already, I hadn't realized that it had negative priority, which I still think its usable, but there's a good chance whatever you're trying to get rid of could kill Serperior. Although Giga Impact forces the recharge which gives the opponent a chance to revenge kill Serperior itself. As for Glare, there may be a circumstance where it would be impossible to revenge kill so paralysis may be the best bet as it can stop a sweeper, but I definitely see your point.

So something more like this?

Revenge Killer
    Serperior @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
    4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
    -Giga Impact/Aerial Ace
    -Iron Tail
    -Leaf Blade
    -Hidden Power Fire

Userbar by Gladeshadow
    Banner made by me!

-The Grass Type Wall That Annoyes All-

Naute- Overgrow
    Item- Leftovers

Aerial Ace/Hidden Power [Rock]

Grass Knot

Glare

Dragon Tail

With this very random mash up of moves, you can actually annoy the hell out of your opponent and really set up the match on your team’s favour . Send out your annoying Serperior first, and quickly set up glare, and because of Serperior’s awesome speed, you should be able to go first.

Okay, now your foe is paralyzed. Hurray! Now you have a choice. If your opponent is some huge and bulky ground, water or rock type then use Grass knot to topple them. If not then it’s time to use Dragon tail to cause little damage but to force your opponent to switch and move onto the next victim to paralyze.

Obviously, there is a problem here. If you run into a fire type for example, the chances are you’re going to get hurt a bit. So you can either use dragon tail to get rid of them or you can put hidden power to use. Personally, I would force the switch and get through your opponents team with glare as much as possible, and then go against the fire type.

There is a golden rule here: “If in doubt, switch them out!”

Try to get the most out of Serperior with this set for as long as possible.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/11gmw6f.png[/IMG]
    Comming Soon...

Thanks to Skiyomi for the great banner!

Sincerely, i´m starting to lose hope in POTW choices... but

I don´t have faith in a grass type as a wall(personal opinion, 5 weaknesses is meh) and grass as an attack isn´t good either

Serperior@Life Orb
    Naive/Timid nature
    4 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Overgrow
    -Growth
    -Solarbeam
    -Hidden Power FIRE
    -Dragon Tail/Iron Tail/Aerial Ace/Glare

In the sun, Growth boosts both attack stats by 2 stages. Solarbeam and HP FIRE give semi coverage, being boosted in the sun. This thing is a frail sweeper, clearly because of the sun, you will evade dragons or fire types. There is when the fourth choice comes into play. Dragon Tail if you catch the dragon on the switch, Iron Tail and Aerial Ace for different coverage depending on the team. Or Glare if you think paralyzing the threat is a good idea. It is good to say that it is cool to defeat the fire types that may come in to grab the sun, and kill Serperior.

I would come up with a Perversity set, or a Coil set, but you already know how to do one of those.
    My Shinies

My future team in Black:

If it's a set that revolves around sun, Shouldn't it have SUNNY DAY!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbomber72 View Post
    Sincerely, i´m starting to lose hope in POTW choices... but

I don´t have faith in a grass type as a wall(personal opinion, 5 weaknesses is meh) and grass as an attack isn´t good either

Serperior@Life Orb
    Naive/Timid nature
    4 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Overgrow
    -Growth
    -Solarbeam
    -Hidden Power FIRE
    -Dragon Tail/Iron Tail/Aerial Ace/Glare

In the sun, Growth boosts both attack stats by 2 stages. Solarbeam and HP FIRE give semi coverage, being boosted in the sun. This thing is a frail sweeper, clearly because of the sun, you will evade dragons or fire types. There is when the fourth choice comes into play. Dragon Tail if you catch the dragon on the switch, Iron Tail and Aerial Ace for different coverage depending on the team. Or Glare if you think paralyzing the threat is a good idea. It is good to say that it is cool to defeat the fire types that may come in to grab the sun, and kill Serperior.

I would come up with a Perversity set, or a Coil set, but you already know how to do one of those.
    ok dude grass pokemon are one of my favorites types(besides dragons duhhhh)

ok here are my sets enjoy

special wall/ sleep talker
    Calm
    252 Def/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Sp Atk
    perversity
    leftovers

Mirror Coat
    Leaf Storm
    Rest
    Sleep talk

HAH never saw this one coming. Leaf storm and perversity is pretty much staple and doesn't need explaining. Rest and Sleep talk to attack and Mirror coat, a move i cant believe no one else thought of, can fend off pokes like heatran, gengar, and scarf latios.

I also have another set, which goes perfectly with ninetails' drought abilty

Sunny Jaroda
    Modest/Calm/Timid
    252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Sp. Def
    Leftovers/Life Orb
    Perversity

Leaf Storm/Solarbeam
    Hp Fire
    Calm Mind
    Taunt/ Glare/ Leech Seed

Okay here a set that goes with the sun. Leaf Storm is a great mover with perversity, but if you're using overgrow for some reason, solarbeam is nice with the sun. Hp Fire benifits from the sun and can take out pesty bugs and steel types that sally wall jaroda. calm Mind makes it a mini-sweep, raises it already great sp.Def and Sp atk stats. Taunt to break walls and stop setting up rocks, glare to cripple pokes, or leech seed to try and set up for another poke or get some hp back if using life orb, the choice is yours.

Weaknesses

Okay Jaroda has, by far, the worst movepool of all the grass starters. I would love to make a special seep with this poke or specs, but its just not possible. The movepool cant support it. Steel types, Fire Types, and Dragon Types can easily wall this thing, with steel types fearing the rare hp fire, fire types hp ground, and dragon types hp ice, dragon, or dragon tail. It can compete somewhat thanks to perversity, but if it weren't for that ablity, jaroda is nothing.

P.S, Do blaziken next week. I have some awesome sets in mind

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Magcargo would also be another great partner due to it anailating Fire, Bug, Ice, and poison if magargo has a ground type move. In addition Jalorda takes care of macargo 's weaknesses of Water, Ground, and Rock

Also some counters are chandelure, Beartic and Accelgor

SERPERIOR, lol, I thought this was gonna be easy given Smuggilous Snape's movepool but I'm seeing a rather nice array of movesets people are coming up with...
    FYI, Shell Smash/Break does NOT sharply drop both Defences.

Choice @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
    Perversity
    Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Lead Storm
    Hidden Ice Power/Hidden Fire Power
    Giga Drain
    Wring Out/Glare/Toxic

Yeah, a barren set. Serperior barely has options, but it's apparently its most common set. Obviously, you charge up your Leaf Storms, hope you don't get walled *ferrothorn* and sweep for game. Basically, I'm here to tell you these are Serperior's best options for Choice, so unless you really really really want a fast fast fast Leaf Stormer.

Physical @ Life Orb
    Overgrow
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Return
    Glare/Taunt/Natural Gift

Again, barren. Pretty much every Grass type out there is getting Swords Dance and Leaf Blade. What Serperior has going for it is 113 Speed and semi-unique Glare and Taunt. Natural Gift is the Physical Hidden Power because...Serperior just doesn't have anything else.

Conservative Physical @ Leftovers
    Overgrow
    Adamant (+Atk, -Spd)/Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
    252 SpDef, 252 Atk, 4 HP
    Coil
    Leaf Blade
    Return/Rock Smash
    Dragon Tail/Glare/Taunt/Light Screen

This set on the more defensive of Serperior applications, by forgoing Swords Dance to also boost Serperior's Def. Dragon Tail and Glare are the only moves that benefit from the Acc increase, but they're good support nonetheless. Taunt or possibly even Torment or Leech Seed are always available.
    Rock Smash is used to hit Steel-types, but Leaf Blade actually does more even without STAB. Still, the Def drops might appeal to you.

Conversative Special @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Overgrow
    Bold (+SpDef, -Atk)
    252 SpDef, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
    Calm Mind
    Giga Drain/Grass Knot
    Hidden Ice Power/Hidden Fire Power
    Leech Seed/Taunt/Glare/Reflect

Inverse of previous set.

DualScreen @ Light Clay
    Perversity
    Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
    252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 SpDef
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Leaf Storm/Safeguard
    Glare/Taunt

Serperior, aside from Leaf Storm spams, plays a very unique form of Grass-type supporter in its ability to use DualScreens, a trait shared with Meganium, Celebi, and Exeggutor. Anyway, it's something, especially given other status moves like Glare or Taunt. Leaf Storm is so that it can hit hard if desires, possibly even setting up for a sweep of its own.

Status Platforming (SubSeeding) @ Leftovers/Big Root
    Perversity
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SpDef
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Taunt
    Glare

I don't have time to research different damage calculations, given my personal time AND how early on it is in Gen 5 AND the fact no one really cares. So I just listed balanced defensive stats to make them 270 apiece.
    Anyways, pooling all of Serperior's supporting moves together, you get a bit of a SubSeeding set. Mix and match with any of the moves from "Other Options." Either Leaf Storm or Giga Drain are possible for attacking options.

Utility Attacker @ Miracle Seed/Life Orb
    Perversity
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    104 HP, 252 SpAtk, 152 Spd
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Ice Power
    Taunt
    Glare/Toxic

This is Serperior to sweep with Leaf Storm without the actual need of a boosting move or Choice Item. I have personally created this Serperior for usage in the Ubers environment and I have to say it functions incredibly well.

Tormentor @ Leftovers
    Perversity
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 SpDef
    Torment
    Substitute/Protect
    Wrap
    Leech Seed

Serperior has a blistering 113 Base Speed with adequete defences to back it up. Unfortunately, its movepool leaves a lot to be desired, which hampers its Torment set. Still, a hyptothetical set of Wrap + Leech Seed can work. Work with whatever you feel like, possibly even CM + Giga Drain.

Team Options:
    On an Ubers team, I utilize Chandelure to combat Fire, Ice, and Steel. Serperior in turn can fight Water, Rock, and Ground.
    Otherwise, Serperior loves hazards. In Ubers, it loses out on many OHKOs without it.

Doubles/Triples
    Serperior's only appealing category is Speed...and that's about it. It does make for a fast Gastro Acid though, although Gastro Acid has little utility elsewhere.

Other Options
    Serperior could possibly try a Growth set, but there are so many better options out there. Besides, Serperior is much more comfortable working its niche: Pb Storm. And if not, Swords Dance. Of course, you could always try playing the Growth set as you would Swords Dance, only with Hidden Power. Like aforementioned, however, there are better Growth users than Serperior.

Sub + Overgrow + Pinch Berry. Serperior definitely has the Speed, but the issue lies in mainly resources. Serperior just doesn't have sufficient moves on either type of attack.

Iron Tail is a move for Serperior, but when it comes down to it, it is inferior to Return...unless you want a powerful move that can cause Def drops.
    Serperior learns Pursuit, but will rarely find situations to use it.

Like every other Pokemon, Serperior has access to Toxic. If you wish, replace Glare with it.

In terms of trap moves, Serperior has access to Mean Look and Wrap. Wrap is the inaccurate option, but does residual damage and is unaffected by Taunt, which is to Serperior's favour.

Swagger can work with the likes of Leech Seed, Wrap, and Glare. Flash is another one of Serperior's Status/phazing options, and works well with its fast Speed.

Twister can be considered for some Flinch power. Other than that, it can be used in a dire situation when Serperior can't afford to take another hit...

Mirror Coat can very easily obtain a KO. Serperior can take a relatively weak Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, etc. It may be difficult to fit Mirror Coat on, but it would not be to hard to force it on. To take a STAB Fire-attack, however, Occa Berry may be necessary, but it's not a bad prospect...

The issue with Frenzy Plant is that all who can learn it has access to the more flexible Leaf Storm. With Serperior, this difference is ever more profound due to Perversity. However, given Serperior's lack of moves, Frenzy Plant can be used on a Specs set (alongside Leaf Storm) in the situation where you have to have the extra 10 power, or in case Leaf Storm should run out of PP.

Pre-Evo Corner
    The first-evo thing has overall less Stats tha Treecko except for Physical Defence. However, it does get Perversity Leaf Storm, making it a better Scarfer than Treecko. That's about it.

The mid-stage guy has ok stats for UU, and decent Speed. Again, Leaf Storm spam is what it's made for.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast