Serperior Special Counter
    Ability: Overgrow/Perversity
    EV: 252 Sp Def/ 252 HP/4 Speed
    Items: Big Root, Leftovers
    -Mirror Coat
    -Giga Drain/Leech Seed
    -Calm Mind
    -Light Screen/Dragon Tail

Calm Mind is the only move Serperior has to raise its Sp Def, and being a Special Counter it'll need this.
    Calm mind and perversity is a terrible idea.
    Mike: 2793-0594-7347
    Pokemon Master in White 2. Aiming to demolish 6th gen.

What about a tomrent jaroda?

Jaroad@Grass Plate
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Perversity
    EVs: 100 HP / 36 Def/ 100 SDef / 88 Speed
    -Substitute
    -Torment
    -PRotect
    -Leaf Storm

Thi set will more than likely turn out to be the great Jaroda sets of 5th Gen playing similarly to sets like Torment Dusknoir did in 4th Gen. The EV spread is precise and to the point; Obviously a Pokemon utilissing Torment wants much HP EVs to annoyer a lot of Pokemon on the other team, as the annoyer role is what this Pokemon set is made to fill. 36 DEf EVs provide just enough Def to live some physical attacks in case you dont get subbed down. Same with SDef. This set really doesnt need any speed so i only gave it 88.Grass Plate + Pervisity + LEaf Storm is my definition of power and this set will be sure to strike fear into opponents as they will not be expect it. Forgot to mention, with Poison Spikes down, nothing can stop it.
    Last edited by Snoopi; 22nd February 2011 at 3:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockleon View Post
    Calm mind and perversity is a terrible idea.
    That's why Overgrow is slashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopi View Post
    What about a tomrent jaroda?

Jaroad@Grass Plate
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 100 HP / 36 Def/ 100 SDef / 88 Speed
    -Substitute
    -Torment
    -PRotect
    -Leaf Storm

Thi set will more than likely turn out to be the great Jaroda sets of 5th Gen playing similarly to sets like Torment Dusknoir did in 4th Gen. The EV spread is precise and to the point; Obviously a Pokemon utilissing Torment wants much HP EVs to annoyer a lot of Pokemon on the other team, as the annoyer role is what this Pokemon set is made to fill. 36 DEf EVs provide just enough Def to live some physical attacks in case you dont get subbed down. Same with SDef. This set really doesnt need any speed so i only gave it 88.Grass Plate + Pervisity + LEaf Storm is my definition of power and this set will be sure to strike fear into opponents as they will not be expect it. Forgot to mention, with Poison Spikes down, nothing can stop it.
    ._________________________________________________ ______.
    Last edited by #TWERKTEAM; 22nd February 2011 at 3:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    That's why Overgrow is slashed.

._________________________________________________ ______.
    face palm*
    oh duh lol.
    Mike: 2793-0594-7347
    Pokemon Master in White 2. Aiming to demolish 6th gen.

? asasasin sceptile is that face a good one :/ ?

serpy time!!!!

serpeior@focus sash
    overgrow
    252spd/252spat/4acc
    Frenzy plant
    growth

leaf storm
    leaf tornado

use growth. let the enemy nearly 1 shot you. get saved by focus sash. frenzy plant for the 1 shot win

credit to Huspoelcredit to Kewzu from cj's request shop

that set looks pretty good but I dno't think you need all those grass type attacks. try mixing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by ddrox View Post
    serpy time!!!!

serpeior@focus sash
    overgrow
    252spd/252spat/4acc
    Frenzy plant
    growth

leaf storm
    leaf tornado

use growth. let the enemy nearly 1 shot you. get saved by focus sash. frenzy plant for the 1 shot win
    Walled by every grass resist known to man.

No Snoopi it means your set is horrible, no offense.

well id like to see you come up with something better, all you do is wait for someone to post something bad so you can feel smart correcting it. you dont even bother telling them whats wrong with it you just make snide remarks that make you look better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    No Snoopi it means your set is horrible, no offense.
    Let's try to keep things nice here? Instead of just saying its horrible provide criticism and point out whats wrong and why it won't work, and give other options. Although I'd have a hard time with that set as I don't have experience with torment sets.

serpy time!!!!

serpeior@focus sash
    overgrow
    252spd/252spat/4acc
    Frenzy plant
    growth

leaf storm
    leaf tornado

3 grass attack are not necessary, and as assassinsceptile said it is walled by anything that resists grass. You could use Hidden Power Fire or Ice instead of Frenzy Plant, because its recharge turn basically means a KO for you, and leave Leaf Storm. You could replace Leaf Tornado with Giga Drain for HP recovery, Glare for paralysis, or maybe Dragon Tail to stop a wall attempt.

Userbar by Gladeshadow
    Banner made by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopi View Post
    well id like to see you come up with something better, all you do is wait for someone to post something bad so you can feel smart correcting it. you dont even bother telling them whats wrong with it you just make snide remarks that make you look better than us.

I actually say what's wrong with the set a majority of the time but ok you have your opinion.

Serperior@LightClay
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Att / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Light Screen | Reflect | Glare | Leaf Blade

The best set Serperior can currently run due to it being one of the fastest screens users in the game and its Dream World ability not being released yet. Glare is for further support and Leaf Blade is to at least do some damage with Serperior's terrible movepool. Walled by a MH Taunt user, as all screeners are, but it's the best Serperior can currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune95 View Post
    Let's try to keep things nice here? Instead of just saying its horrible provide criticism and point out whats wrong and why it won't work, and give other options. Although I'd have a hard time with that set as I don't have experience with torment sets.

3 grass attack are not necessary, and as assassinsceptile said it is walled by anything that resists grass. You could use Hidden Power Fire or Ice instead of Frenzy Plant, because its recharge turn basically means a KO for you, and leave Leaf Storm. You could replace Leaf Tornado with Giga Drain for HP recovery, Glare for paralysis, or maybe Dragon Tail to stop a wall attempt.
    I see countless sets that are completely terrible and the posters obviously do not know much about the competitive metagame, I'm allowed at least one post where I contribute about as much as some of the sets posted here. Not to mention the number of times I've had to explain what a counter is because people cannot seem to understand that it is not a pokemon that can simply defeat a pokemon one on one, but a pokemon that can switch in on a pokemon and still win.
    Last edited by #TWERKTEAM; 22nd February 2011 at 5:05 AM.

Smuglord sucks outside of Dreamworld.

This is saddening.

here is a weird sunny day moveset

ability overgrow
    item heat rock-extra sunnyness/light clay longer screens
    moves
    sunny day
    solarbeam
    light screen
    reflect

idea is to sunny day, light screen, reflect (dosent have to be in that order) then solar beam till death

Ash ketcum - king of hax

HOORAY! he actually changes his clothes on black and white

all right people here is my edit on the set

Serpeior@focus sash
    overgrow
    252spd/252spat/4acc
    frenzy plant
    growth
    dragon tail
    glare

here is a new move set. this set is preferably paired in double battles with darkrai.

serperior@???(suggest something here)
    overgrow
    252spat/100def/100spdef/56spd
    calm mind
    grass knot
    round
    toxic

calm mind sweeper paired with darkrai. do i really have to say anything else?

credit to Huspoelcredit to Kewzu from cj's request shop

what happens if you use sword dance with peversity?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

Serperior @Leftovers
    Overgrow
    -Glare
    -Double Team
    -Leech Seed
    -Dragon Tail/Iron Tail

Serperior @Wise Glasses
    Perversity
    -Leaf Storm
    -Hidden Power(Rock)/Hidden Power(Fire)
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic/Glare

Calm down Serperior@ leftovers
    Ability:Overgrow
    ev:252 special attack, 252 speed
    Modest nature(+special attack- attack
    Energy Ball
    Wring Out
    Hidden Power(fire)
    Calm Mind
    Serperior should start the battle out with calm mind. After calm mind has been set up, he should hit his opponent with wring out. After that, use energy ball and hidden power. Whenever a new pokemon comes into battle, us wring out.

Also

Serperior@ Life Orb
    Ev:4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 speed
    Leaf Storm
    Leech Seed
    Hidden Power (fire)
    Giga Drain
    Bet you have never seen this before! Perversity makes it so moves that raise stats lower stats and moves that lower stats raise stats. How cool is that!!! Leaf Storm does 140 and lowers special attack, but with perversity, it raises your special attack two stages. That’s the main point of this set. Leech seed and giga drain is to keep raising HP and Hidden power is just another move.
    Last edited by Haxorusfan; 22nd February 2011 at 4:49 PM.

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

all right people here is my edit on the set

Serpeior@focus sash
    overgrow
    252spd/252spat/4att
    frenzy plant
    growth
    dragon tail
    glare

here is a new move set. this set is preferably paired in double battles with darkrai.

serperior@???(suggest something here)
    overgrow
    252spat/100def/100spdef/56spd
    calm mind
    grass knot
    round
    toxic

calm mind sweeper paired with darkrai. do i really have to say anything else?
    Frenzy Plant is usually a horrible idea, because it leaves you as a sitting duck the following turn. You're usually better off with Leaf Storm, since at least you can switch out and not die after that or use a supportive move instead of an attack. Growth is an okay idea, but I think that going with Coil/Swords Dance and Leaf Blade / Aerial Ace / Pursuit / Iron Tail / Dragon Tail as Physical Options is more valid than mixperior, since Serperior's special movepool is very shallow.

For your second set, Darkrai and Serperior are in two totally different tiers. Also, there are better options than Serperior in that field of play. Round wouldn't be as effective as a Fire/Ice Hidden Power. You have some nice ideas, but a few things should be altered for them to reach their maximum potential.

I'll make a few quick contributions besides this though, here's a few quick sets for Serperior.

SubCoiler @ Leftovers
    Overgrow, Jolly, 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
    - Leaf Blade
    - Coil / Mean Look
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute

Leech Seed drains HP over time, and gives Serperior piles of HP per turn thanks to Leftovers. Substitute gives Serperior cover to set up Coils and Substitutes can be used numerous times thanks to Leech Seed and Leftovers support. As an alternative to Coil, Seperior can trap a seeded target with Mean Look. Leaf Blade provides offense, and even though it is quite potent and gets a nifty STAB boost (And sometimes Overgrow), it lacks mass coverage.

Countering this set: This set is limited to only one offensive type, and pokemon with Sap Sipper can set up off of it easily. Miltank, Zebstrika and Sawsbuck can easily beat this set. Cloyster can shatter substitutes and decimate Serperior itself with STAB Skill Linked Icicle Spears. Taunt shuts down 3/4 of Serperior's moves, rendering it vulnerable after it's last substitute fades. Frosslass packs Taunt and super effective STAB Ice Beams, and Leaf Blade can potentially be blocked also by Cursed Body.

Speedy Screener @ Light Clay
    Overgrow, Jolly, 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Glare / Toxic
    - Leaf Blade

I know that this has been posted a few times in a similar fashion, but this is my take on the Screener set. It favors speed so Screens can be set up earlier against some Pokemon that would outrun the high Def/SpDef variations. Light Screen and Reflect are givens. Glare gives Paralysis support, Toxic gives Poison. Bulky Waters/Grass types are handled better with Poison, offensive powerhouses are handled by Paralysis. Leaf Blade is your offensive move.

Countering this set: The three main Sap Sippers still have a nice advantage here. Brick Break takes out the screens. Accelgor with Hydration has a nice edge over Serperior, with resistance to status conditions and a fast hitting STAB Bug Buzz. And though they aren't as favorable, Bulky Grasses with Leaf Guard (Now that Ninetails is gaining some ground with Drought). Unfortunately, this niche is filled only by Tangrowth and Leafeon, with Leafeon being more favorable thanks to X-Scissor. Most Ice, Flying, Fire, Bug and Poison types work fine though. Roserade, Weezing, Infernape, Volcarona, Abomasnow, etc. Again, Taunt shuts down Serperior as well.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Quote Originally Posted by garchompkid View Post
    what happens if you use sword dance with peversity?
    It reduces your attack 2 stages.

Lessons learned from Challenge Cup: make sure you check Servine's ability before you use Snake Coil
    Quote Originally Posted by totaldude54
    Isn't Pokerus an STD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekul the Sarcastic View Post
    It reduces your attack 2 stages.

Lessons learned from Challenge Cup: make sure you check Servine's ability before you use Snake Coil
    Likewise, Intimidate increases your attack one stage, as perversity effectively switches every stat change you get to have the exact opposite effect.

The Snake that SubSeeded Eve

- Energy Ball
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    EV's and Nature
    EV's: 56 HP 252 SAtk 200 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk -Atk) Timid Nature (+ Spd -Atk)

The Basic SubSeed set, with the help of calm mind making Energy Ball Stronger.

The Snake that SubSeeded Adam

- Leaf Blade
    - Coil
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    EV's and Nature
    EV's: 56 HP 252 Atk 200 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk - SAtk) Jolly Nature (+Spd -SAtk)

The Basic SubSeed Set that uses Coil. However This set may be perferrable over Calm Mind set because Coil raises Serperiors Accuracy on top of its raised Atk and Def.

The Snake that Mixed up Adam and Eve while Subseeding!

- Leaf Blade
    - Energy Ball
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    Item Attached: Life Orb/ Leftovers
    EV's and Nature
    EV's: 252 Atk 252 SAtk 4 Spd
    Naive Nature (+ Spd - SDef)

I am not an advocate for Life Orb but Serperior, even with Max Atk and SAtk EV's only maxed out at 249 each, 273 if one was in a Beneficial Nature. That is really low so the Extra 30% from Life Orb places Serperiors Atk and SAtk at 323.70! With Energy Ball STAB at 120 and Leaf Blade STAB at 135 with 100% Accuracy back by a 323.70 Atk and SAtk while Subseeding can be really annoying to types that don't resist Grass. The Reason I advocate Life orb for this set is because Serperior is Subseeding.

Serperior:

Hold item:Leftovers
    Nature:Adamant
    Ability:Overgrow
    -coil/swords dance
    -leaf blade
    -dragon tail
    -leach seed

This set focuses on enhancing serperiors sweeping abilities. Coil maxes out both attack and defence, however swords dance maxes out attack at a quicker rate. Leaf blade acts as its primary move and is boosted by stab and its status move. Dragon tail switches out anything that resists leaf blade and out of serperiors shallow move pool it is probably one of its best attacking moves. Finally leech seed and leftovers helps restore some HP while trying to boost its stats.

if when you use moves that effect stats they get reversed by perversity, then use leaf storm as it normally lowers your sp. atk
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

I have a few sets here:

Double screen @ Leftovers/Light Clay
    Overgrow, Jolly, 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp.Def
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Leech Seed
    - Dragon Tail/Toxic

The idea here is to set up 2 screens and boots your defence then Leech Seed + Leftovers to stall your opponent. Dragon Tail would help you to get rid of other Grass Pokemons, especially Whimsicott and other Taunt users. Toxic is for more effective stall and double status would drive your opponent crazy. However, you would be vulnerable to Taunt and Grass Pokemon

Perversity abuse @ Leftover/Life Orb
    Perversity, Jolly, 252 Atk / 128 Sp.Atk / 128 Spd
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power Fire/Ice
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Tail

Obviously, Leaf Storm is to raise your Special Attack. Hidden Power Fire/Ice gives you better coverage. Dragon Tail is to force your opponent to switch Pokemon and with common Pokemon like Gyarados, Salamence, Scraggy, their Intimidate would raise your attack as well and you can abuse Leaf Blade for critical hit or continue using Dragon Tail to get further boots from Intimidate. Leftovers give you a bit of HP while Life Orb allows you to hit harder. Nevertheless, this set relies a bit on luck and entry hazard is always welcome
    Last edited by 13_luckynumber; 23rd February 2011 at 1:37 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast