Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Hunter's Club

Hybrid View

Default The Shiny Hunter's Club

Banner made by §Suicune§

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new and enhanced Shiny Hunters Club!

In this club, we can discuss nearly everything related to Shiny Pokemon. Hunting for a certain shiny? Hatched yourself a shiny? Or maybe you got some awesome Rumble shinies? Even art you made about Shiny Pokemon can be posted here!

~~~~~~~~~~

Index

1. Rules
    2. Strike System
    3. Member List
    4. Club Activities
    5. Topics
    6. Shiny Pokemon Merchandise
    7. Shiny Guide
    8. FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~

Rules (Updated May 18th, 2011)

NOTE: These can be updated/changed at any time if needed!

• If you wish to join, make sure to read all the rules below, remember them and most important, follow them
    • Every post has to contain at least 4 PROPER sentences, this is to prevent SPAM
    • Do not use things like "Ok, thanks" or "I'll try that" to make more sentences, you will get a strike for doing this
    • Pictures taller than 800x600 must be posted in spoilers
    • Do not update on your hunts 5 times a day, but just when you think you made some good progress
    • Do not ask questions we have in our FAQ
    • Do not bash the Owner or the Co-Owners for a decision they make. If you get a strike/ban, you deserved it, else you wouldn't have gotten it
    • Do not post pledges like "I (name) promise to never leave this club no matter what", as most people find them annoying
    • Do not reply to SPAM or trolls. Ignore them and let the co-owners report them
    • No flaming
    • Do not discuss trades or battles
    • All of the standard Club rules apply here

If you want to join, make sure to post the following pledge in your first post in the club plus 3 more proper sentences.

I (ScreenName), have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

Fail to do this will result in a strike once you do join correctly.
    Make sure you don't just post the pledge and nothing else, because that will get you a strike aswell!
    You don't have to wait until someone accepts you. If you join as described above, you're in and you'll be added to the member list. If you're declined, me or a co-owner will post it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Strike System

For every broken rule, you receive a strike, no matter what.
    3 strikes will result in a ban for a month.
    Get 3 more strikes and you'll be banned permanently, no exceptions, so make sure to read and follow the rules and everyone will be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Member List

~PM me if I missed you~

Spoiler:- Member List:

Last edited by Pokerealm; 30th May 2011 at 7:32 PM.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Bananas. This used to be another post. SORRY GUYS!
    Last edited by Zabi; 13th July 2011 at 5:23 AM.

Shiny Pokemon Merchandise. It exists. Who would have guessed?

This post will be edited later with descriptions, pictures, and more~

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

I kirkeastment hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

What made you start shiny hunting?

The first time i started shiny hunting was when i first found the old third gen shiny discussion page. Which was years and years ago now. At the time i was just seeing so many people putting hours of effort into SRing and REing, and this was how i found out about these methods of shiny hunting as well, as until that point i had no idea how to actually go about finding shinies, just that i had found quite a few whilst playing my games.

What is your favorite method of hunting?

I would have to say REing. It adds so much variety, and although you can create a control group on what you'll find, its nearly impossible to control down to the exact Pokemon you want. I think thats what makes it all the more surprising and exhilarating when you find a shiny.

What is your favorite shiny you own?

Its a split decision for me, as on one hand i have my avenged Shiny Groudon, which took a few hundred SR's to find on my old Ruby file. Which is sentimental as i had to avenge a Shiny Groudon i had lost a few months earlier(due to me not knowing what it was), which actually appeared without SRing, so it was a RE legendary.

On the other hand though, i have my Shiny Treecko. My first ever Shiny Starter, and a hatched one w/egg moves, which was hatched on Emerald to boot.

What is the shiny you would like to own?

Shiny Jirachi. I love this Pokemon so much as its just so cute, especially for a Steel Type.

What's your best shiny story?

Difficult to say really, if i had to pick my best then i would say its my Shiny Snover.

At the time in the 2nd(i believe) imagination of the Shiny Pokemon Club, i had noticed that when chaining if you try and fish up a Pokemon and KO it, it resets your patches.

For example, if i reset the radar and there were 2 sparkly patches and two shaky patches, then i fished up a pokemon, KO'd it, then the patches would stay where they were, but they would change to 3 sparkly & one shaky patch.

I was attempting to see if this could be exploited to get a Shiny Patch without the need for excessive use of Max Repels/recharging the radar repeatedly. I had just arrived at Lake Acuity, activated the PokeRadar, went into the first patch i saw, and bam, Shiny Snover, 100% random encounter shiny, to start off my chain.

Needless to say, i didn't continue testing the method, as i felt this was a way of saying to me, nice idea, your off your rocker, but heres a shiny anyway.

It's all happened - What shiny got away from you?

OMG, well, theres only ever been one shiny that got away, and it was an Exeggcute, which i encountered during my first ever run-through of Pokemon Fire Red. I was in the Safari Zone, attempting to find Chansey for Lucky Egg's, and bam, Shiny Exeggcute appears before me. Chuck Ball. Escaped. Fled. Sucks.

If you could change the color of one shiny, which one would it be?

Garchomp. Its like hey i'm Shiny here. Wait. No i'm not. Wait, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no. For crying out loud.

Did some MM hatching today for a Shiny Zorua, just to try and mix things up a little in my lack of a shiny hunting regime, and i didn't find it terribly tiresome for some reason.

Of course i only hatched 25 eggs, so not really much time to find it boring, but hey, that took me around 40 minutes, which is the longest i've spent playing the games in a few weeks now.

I'm going to continue my EV training over the weekend, and begin to build my team in Pokemon White.

I CooKeyy hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Hello, Well ive been here since 09 never really posted much but since its starting fresh ill start fresh by starting to be more active on my shiny hunts.
    Im new to shiny hunting and since B/W are just around the corner i decided to
    start shiny hunting
    My first shiny was through the masuda method which was a scyther after only 27 eggs and just about a week ago i got my cyndaquil and chikorita through SR.

Well i was into competitive battleing in PBR and used to see alot of altered colored pokemon with sparkles i was interested looked it up and saw how people would hunt for these "shinies"
    i was intrigued and decided to look for these shiny pokemon myself.
    I dont really got one since all the methods ive tried have been only masuda method and soft resetting.
    Easy, this would be my first shiny which was a scyther now a scizor.
    This would either be a houndoom or a manectric there shiny form are just awesome

Well i hope to make some friends out of this to encourage my shiny hunting as well as keep me motivated i hope to get accepted here
    here is what i got last week in a matter of 5 days
    got this after 48 SRs

got this after 1730 SRs

PS: i am also looking forward for the activities they sound like fun.
    Last edited by CooKeyy; 25th February 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Back in April of 2006, I decided to search 'Purple Rapidash' on Google because I was always curious about why I had a purple Rapidash on my Silver version. I remember reading a post in which the purple Rapidash was referred to as a shiny Pokemon, which I also searched. This led me to the shiny Pokemon page on Serebii, and I've been hunting ever since.

Though I don't do it very often, I absolutely love hatching eggs. I like being able to influence the IVs and nature of my shinies. Also, egg moves are cool.The only reason I don't do it more is because it is a very slow and inefficient method.

Latias. Without a doubt.

What is your least favorite shiny and why?
    A better question would be "How can shiny Smoochum NOT be your least favorite shiny?"

Gah, there are just so many! Of course, I'd really love Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, and Manaphy, but the one I'd like above all else is a shiny Deoxys. I had the chance to get one a longggg time ago. but I blew it. =/

All my shiny stories are amazing in my opinion!

I accidentally SR'd over a shiny Zapdos a while ago...oh, and a couple of uncatchable shiny Poochyena while SRing for Mudkip.

As much as I love shiny Garchomp, it really could be more vibrant. Perhaps a sleek silver color? I don't know...

What do you guys think of our mascot nominations?
    Why is Latias not a nomination? I mean, the other nominations are great ( <3 Flygon, Entei, and many others), but c'mon! Latias = BESTEST SHINEH EVAR

I Ψosiden hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
    Nice to see this club back up, and I’m glad to start with a clean slate because I didn’t start off too great in the last one, but I have read and re-read the rules, so I should be set for this one.
    Nice Ideas for activities and prises Zabi, I’ll be sure to have a go at the shiny of the month in March, though I fear it will be won by someone quite quickly.
    Can I suggest adding to the rules ‘Keep on the topic of shiny Pokemon’ or something to that effect, I think you forgot it.

On my current hunt’s, some of you will know that I am new to shiny hunting, and I am planning on doing One of each of the methods before doing anything else. So far:
    Chaining: COMPLETED, Bronzor
    Masuda Method: 34 Vulpix Eggs (I know it’s not much yet but it’s a start.)
    I also have a question for people about the Masuda Method. Is there any way of checking a nationanality of a pokemon? (I got a smeargle off someone in Italy off GTS but I’d like to be sure if it is actually an Italian smeargle).

Default Wonderful plan

My business is extremely fortunate to you personally regarding writing this kind of goods.This kind of really help myself good deal.I actually enjoy your work.Whoa, that looks so competent!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://wholesaleweddin.blog.com
    http://promiserings-45.livejournal.com
    http://quizilla.teennick.com
    http://promiserings-45.xanga.com
    http://wholesalewedding194.webs.com
    http://www.blogtext.org
    http://www.blurty.com
    http://promiserings.typepad.com

I Landorus hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Hello people. First, I guess I will start out with listing my hunts. My hunts right now are Basuaro and Mudkip in White through the Masuda Method. The Magikarp is being bred so it might have an Adamant nature and the Dream World ability. If I get both on a shiny one I would be so happy. I have over 400 Pansage eggs, but I don't count my hunts anymore so I am not sure how much I have for either.

My latest shiny is a shiny Weepinbell in Pokemon Rumble. It took around 100,000 Pokemon to appear. That figures though, because I got 4 Rumble shinies in one day before. I used all my luck then. :3

Here are pictures of the shiny Weepinbell:
        Spoiler:- Click:

Edit: Okay, I guess I will just leave. Even though I never broke the rules I guess I have to. Bye everyone. It was nice talking to some of you.
    Last edited by Landorus; 25th February 2011 at 7:47 PM.

I have gotten 2 new shinies last weekend, but as you know I couldn't post yet.

Saturday, I hatched:

That's right, a Shiny Skorupi hatched in White!

I already hatched ~700 eggs before and then collected 300 Tepig and 600 Skorupi eggs. The 498st Skorupi out of those 600 was this red beauty :3

Definitely one of my most favorite shinies EVER : D

He has a Timid nature which sucks, but I'm not evolving it anyways so I don't mind~

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01YfC9wPAE

------------------------

The next day, I was hatching for my new MM target, Maractus, when I suddenly got a strong feeling I had to hunt on Route 5, where I got Trubbish some months ago.

Not even 200 encounters later, this appeared:

Exactly what I was hoping for!
    Caught it in a Heal Ball, and evolved it into Reuniclus~

Pictures of it's evolutions:

Spoiler:- More Pictures:
    Last edited by Pokerealm; 25th February 2011 at 7:12 PM.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Hi everyone! I’m G-Money, and I’d love to rejoin for the new club.

I, G-Money, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I wasn’t really that active in the old version of the club because I was afraid I’d get flamed for posting when I didn’t have a shiny. Let’s hope the new incarnation of the club will be a better facilitator for shiny discussion. I think that it has good a chance to work really well, although I’d probably add a rule about respect between members and common courtesy. I’m really looking forward to the new club and I wish the best of luck to everyone who joins.

I really like the new activities! They seem like a great idea to add a little spice to the club. Although I know I’ll probably never win the Hunter of the Month, it’ll be fun trying! I don’t take pictures of my shinys, but I might start if I’m in the hunt. I catch shinys so rarely that nobody questions my veracity, “lol.” The circuit and the shiny of the month sound fun, too – it would be awesome if everyone in the club was racing for the same shiny!

Back in February 2006, I was playing through Emerald when I ran into a gray Slugma. I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up online and discovered “shiny hunting.” I read a lot about people who search exclusively for these elusive creatures, and I was fascinated by this entirely new way of playing the game. Shiny hunting is what kept me playing Pokemon, and I still enjoy it to this day.

I’ve been shiny hunting for 5 years (although I did take a couple of breaks) and have 13 shinys to show for it:

Slugma (Emerald) - Random Encounter
    Electrode (Ruby) - Random Encounter
    Shuppet (Emerald) - Random Encounter
    Zangoose (Ruby) - Random Encounter
    Dialga (Diamond) - SR
    Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
    Uxie (Diamond) - SR
    Bibarel (Diamond) - Safari Zone
    Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
    Magnemite (Diamond) - Egg Hatching
    Tangela (LeafGreen) - Random Encounter
    Giratina (Diamond) – SR
    Staravia (Diamond) – Random Encounter

I like random encounters and SRing, since those are the “classic” methods of hunting. I always loved shinys for their rarity and difficulty to obtain. If there’s something that makes shiny hunting easier or changes the odds, I think it takes some of the fun out. That’s just my opinion, though, and I have no problem with anybody else hunting whichever way they please. Shinys are for personal enjoyment, and each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. (I’d kindly ask that no one respond to this paragraph, as last time it caused some unnecessary problems.)

Hmm, that’s a tough one. I treasure all of my shinys, but my favorite is probably Shuppet. It’s the first shiny I really hunted for – I spent all April vacation 2007 hunting, “lol.” I sat in bed and just kept REing in Mt. Pyre without stop. My determination paid off, and after what seemed like hundreds of hours, I had a nice translucent-blue ghost to show for it.

I’d probably have to say Staravia, since it’s the most common Pokemon out of all the shinys I have, with the exception of Bibarel. Bibarel has cool story, though – I found it in the Safari Zone!! That place is a shiny hunter’s worst nightmare, and I was terrified throughout the whole battle. I kept thinking it was going to flee, but I was one of the few fortunate ones.

In terms of appearance, my least favorite shiny would be Uxie. It’s almost monochromatic with an ugly, diluted, orangishness; but still, a shiny is a shiny!

I think the coolest-looking shinys are Rayquaza, Charzard, and Metagross, although I’m focused on getting Treecko right now. Every time I see that normal Treecko pop out of the Pokeball, I envision how cool shiny Treecko looks. I’ll SR for Rayquaza and Beldum soon, once I get Treecko, Mudkip, and Kyogre for my Sapphire quest. I’ll want to play through Kanto with a shiny Charzard, so I’m going to need to get shiny Squirtle first, but I want shiny Hitmonlee and some regular FR version-exclusive Pokemon before I restart my game.

I’m not really that ambitious in my shiny hunts!

After I got Slugma and found out what shinys were, I went through all my boxes on all my games to see if I had caught one before without realizing it. Guess what? A shiny Electrode sat in my Ruby PC without me knowing it! I must have caught it a long time ago, before I knew what shinys were. I probably just thought, “Oh look, a blue Electrode. That’s cool. I should catch it.” I’ve had my Ruby file since 2003, so Electrode’s an ancient shiny. It was my first (and probably last) shiny I ever got by "box hunting."

>.> You just had to mention this, didn’t you. “lol” I would’ve posted this a couple of days ago, but that was during the club’s transitionitory (no, that’s not a recognized word) downtime. I’ve been SRing relentlessly for Treecko, and it was bound to happen at some point. Even I, the great G-Money, could not hold it off any longer. I was plagued by the infamous shiny Poochyena!! Oh, how that uncatchable golden beast taunts me! *sob*

Uxie. Give it some contrast between the primary and secondary colors, like purple or dark green!

Hunting Progress:

My quest to catch all the Sapphire SRable shinys continues. I’m not counting my SRs, as I’ve probably already done well over 8000 and I like to do other stuff while SRing, and pressing a button on a calculator over and over isn’t too fun. (Ironic, since I spend my days hitting a permutation of buttons on a DS over and over. )

Did I make the 40-word limit?
    Last edited by G-Money; 25th February 2011 at 6:51 PM.

Poseidon, G-money welcome the new club. Nice first posts (especially G) and good luck with your hunts!

Landorus, I'm going to have to deny you entrance into the club. I know who you are (Yanappu) and you have both harassed our co-owner Zabi in the past and blatently insulted members in the last club thread. Please don't post here again. That is all.

Also, I'm happy to admit I've had quite a bit of shiny luck since the old club closed down and this new one opened. In fact, I've managed to hatch three shinies! First is a female cottonee, soon Whimsicott with a mild nature and mischevious heart. I named her Rex. She's a buttkicker. Second is a shiny female litwick I dubbed Grave. She's got a Sassy nature and like cottonee, will soon be fully evolved into a very pretty pokemon. And last but not least...my pride and joy... HOSS THE LARVESTA! It's male, jolly nature, and has the eggmoves morning sun and zen headbutt. I was SO excited to not only hatch one in 80some eggs but that it also had a great nature for Larvesta. I'm definitely going to level him to 100 without evolving.

EDIT: Pictures!

Last edited by Ivyon; 25th February 2011 at 7:39 PM.

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

I Jonny7197 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them

Well here is the club again, ahh yes my hunts.
    Well my main hunt in the desert has got up to 8550 REs with no shiny, being my second most long hunt, my other hunts i am not really doing much as I am Concentrating on this hunt.

However my rumble has produced 4 shinies this week so I guess thats kinda good .

I hope the club isn't overrun by spam again
    Last edited by Jonny7197; 25th February 2011 at 6:53 PM.
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

I, ShinyFufu, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I'm delighted to see that the club is finally up and running once again. I haven't posted much these last few days because the Shiny Club is the only thing that really keeps me at Serebii, haha.

Well, let's see...a few days ago, I obtained a shiny Geodude on my Emerald version. I was random encountering in the Magma Hideout, in hopes of finding a shiny Torkoal. After 27,910 encounters, the shiny Geodude appeared. My neglect to properly prepare for the possibility of finding a shiny Geodude/Graveler left me without a pokemon with Damp (to prevent Geodude from using Selfdestruct), so I just chucked a Master Ball at the shiny Geodude. It is now a shiny Graveler on my HeartGold version, waiting to be traded to some other game so that I can evolve it.

As of now, here are my hunts on my games.

FireRed1 and 2: Nothing (any suggestions? I'm might restart my FR2 and do a shiny quest...)
    LeafGreen/HeartGold: Staryu -- 12,400 encounters
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Alternating between Swablu and Torkoal -- 1012 and 200 encounters respectively
    Diamond: Piplup -- 405 eggs hatched
    Platinum: Gible -- 3,307 encounters
    SoulSilver: Suicune -- 1,031 SRs

At the moment, the shiny I'd like most is Gible. Garchomp's shiny form may suck, but hey, it's still shiny! Plus, Garchomp is a cool Pokemon.

I also plan on SRing on both Black and White until I get a shiny Tepig on one of those games. Hopefully it shines quickly.

So yeah, good luck everyone, and hopefully this club lasts a while. I'm really liking all the new aspects of it as well.

I ShinyDan hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Its nice to see this club back again, I was previously a member but didn't ever seem to have enough time for shiny hunting. Still, I used to love reading people's posts and I'm hoping that rejoining the club will give me the inspiration to start hunting again.

Thought I might as well list my current hunts:

Magikarp: 1120 eggs.
    Gastly: 1320 encounters.
    Johto starters: Not been counting but I started the hunt last August and have only done a few here and there since then.

I'm also seriously considering getting a proper camera to video whatever I might end up getting and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Finally, goodluck to all shiny hunters
    (Non chain shinies only)

Credit goes to Chao Monster for the sprites.

http://gamejolt.com/ - great little gaming website

Figured I should post my answers to Storm's topic list...

Back in the old days, of Gold and Silver, I was distraught because I fainted the Red Gyarados due to being too overleveled. I knew that shinies were rare (my game guide told me about them when I got it with the game), so I wasn’t going to see one again. But then, one day while training in Victory Road, a shiny female Ursaring appeared, and I screamed. It took a long time, but I caught her. Unfortunately, she now rests in peace due to the internal battery dying. However, that got into shinies, although I never got one again until Fire Red!

I don’t have a particular favorite way. Hunting is nice because I’ll never know what I’ll get, but I lack patience. Same with SRing. Chaining I abused the heck out of. But I think I kinda prefer the Masuda Method now. Been lucky so far.

…All of them? I think Flygon’s my absolute favorite, though, because of the ironic story behind it.

Garchomp. Because you can barely tell what it looks like. Shiny female Unfeazant isn’t nice to look at either.

…Reshiram. ;-;

I got so many…I’ll do 4 of them, but if asked I can probably do all of them.
    - Flygon – This was before I knew of the Emerald RNG. I was running around in that tower in the desert, looking for a female Trapinch, before I would get the fossil. For kicks, I pretended I was being chased by a shiny Trapinch. And then, a female, level 23, SHINY Trapinch appeared. I caught her and named her Citrus. She’s my baby. ;-;
    - Typhlosion – It was a few days after HG/SS came out in Japan. I had a game imported for my birthday, and when it came in, I started SRing for the heck of it. I wasn’t aiming to get a shiny, so I was planning to move on after a few days. Then I looked down and my ALL-TIME FAVORITE STARTER was red.
    - Joltik – This was mentioned in the last club, but I was having severe bad luck with the Masuda Method. I just wasn’t getting anything for 2 months. My Petilil hunt gained a Venipede and Pansage hunt. I was getting upset. Then Ivyon and Zabi told me to breed 50 Joltik eggs. I obliged, thinking it’d be fruitless. The morning after, I hatched 2 shiny electric spiders from the same batch of eggs.
    - Petilil – This is my most recent shiny. After Joltik, I had renewed hope, and bred 50 Petilil eggs. Sure enough, the 17th egg was the shiny. She’s now a Lilligant, my first fully EV-Trained Pokemon!

Exeggcute, Safari Zone, Leaf Green. Hated it ever since.

Garchomp to a much brighter blue, like Gible. Or Flareon to a more noticeable shade of orange.

ShinyDan, Fufu, you both are accepted.
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

Copy paste FTW:

Alright, I'm back with a new shiny in 5th gen:

Shiny Rufflet/Washibon .

I started hatching for a shiny Rufflet/Washibon a couple days ago, as I really wanted to get this shiny. I was originally REing for a shiny one, but rather than risk running into something I didn't want, I hatched it instead. Was going to get ready for bed, so I decided to get 5 more eggs in my party, which would have gotten me to 300 eggs. Luckily, on the 299th egg, out popped a shiny Rufflet <3.

More pics/a.k.a. picspam:

Closeup of Rufflet hatching screen
    Shiny Rufflet, trainer ID
    Shiny Rufflet, serious nature
    Rufflet vs. shiny Rufflet comparison
    Shinydex
    Sparkles

I've decide that I am going to hatch for a second one, as I really want both shiny Rufflet and shiny Braviary. Other hunts are still going strong, Beldum is now my longest hunted shiny, 3 years and counting since I started the hunt. I really hope my games battery lasts long enough to get me one of my dream shinies.

Welcome to the new club members, hope you follow the rules and enjoy yourselves.
    Last edited by Twilit Dragoon; 25th February 2011 at 7:07 PM.
    Formerly Storm_Dragoon

Latest Shinies - Omega Ruby:

2380 SRs/RAs

Hello there, I was a member of both the previous incarnations of this club and would like to join this one aswell;

I, Cell, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Well, I was looking at the pokedex of Rayquaza and saw the black form, I did some research and started a hunt for the beast on my emerald (Little did I know the RNG is messed up). However, it did shine one day. I've been hunting ever since, basically.

My favorite method is hatching, my most succesfull method is Soft Resetting.

Probably my Dustox and Sandslash.

Hariyama, random encounter in Emerald, only caught it because it was shiny and I don't really like the pokemon in general.

Well I'm currently hunting for a venomoth, so that one at the moment.

Probably hatching my first shiny after 9 years of hatching, it only happened a couple of days ago. The wurmple made my day.

A Chansey in the safari zone on my firered. I tried to catch it, but I ran out of safari balls..

____

This is just my latest shiny from my Soulsilver, it hatched on the 20th of February (ironically, that is the day I noticed the other club was closed).

I was hoping it would evolve into Dustox, and it did. I was pretty happy with it. This is my first hatched shiny (since the 50% egg in crystal).

Ah well, I hope I get accepted and I wish you all good luck on your hunts.

I The M hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

yes the club is back!!
    I want to rejoin the club because i love shinies and i hunt them

my current targets:
    mewto:3700SR
    sudoowoodo:not counting but i think that i am already up 8000
    and i do some RE in oreburgh mine:2700RE

also congrats to:Storm Dragoon,ShinyFuFu,Pokerealm,Ivyon,Landorus and Cell(sorry if I miss spelled any name)

Good luck to evreyone and sorry for my bad english(I am from Belgium)

I Laevateinn hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Huzzah! The Shiny Pokemon Club returns, glad to see it's still alive. One of the reasons why I haven't been on as much as I wanted to is because of the spam that was brewing up from the new members, let's hope we won't have deja vu.

Anyways, I've caught a few new shinies since I stopped posting in the old club. I'll have to get the videos up later but here is a list:

3rd Shiny Cyndaquil on SS
    Shiny Bidoof in a NON-Shiny patch on Platinum (Why me?!? >.<)
    Shiny Minun with Pokeradar on Platinum (FINALLY!!! )

It all started about 10 years ago. I was wandering around in the grass on Pokemon Gold and I encountered a Shiny Weepinbell. I'd managed to learn about Shinies when I encountered the Gyarados and I also managed to capture the Weepinbell. Ever since then I hunted Shinies to get that same feeling from that day I got my first real Shiny.

Oh, that's a hard one... I'd say SRing. Even though I'm not the best at it, it gives the most feeling of satisfaction out of the methods I know about.

Agh! Another tough one! Well, I'd say it would be a tie between Tristan (my Dusknoir), Vladimir (my Darkrai) and Oswald (my Minun). All three are good battlers and all three have fantastic colours imo.

To be truthful I don't have a Shiny that I hate the most. I'll take anything from a Rayquaza to another Bidoof.

A dream Shiny of mine is Relicanth (which is what I'm hunting for now). I love coelacanths and I also love Relicanth. Why not, eh?

My best story would be the awesome tale of Archie the Banette. I had been having extreme difficulty hunting for Banette and was getting exhausted by the broken chains, so I gave it one more shot and Archie appeared at a chain of 1. I'd never been more happier, considering that he'd appeared on 24th of December!

I've had a few mishaps in my lifetime of hunting...

Golbat - Pokemon Crystal
    Whismur - Pokemon Ruby
    Minun - Pokemon Sapphire

Make Flareon's body purple and the mane and tail black, it would look much better (and more eviler).
    NOTE: I am a person with Autistic needs, somebody who is very sensitive to stuff like criticism and I might not understand jokes or the way things are said to me. Please be considerate before posting a reply to me and try to be kind, because if you are kind to me, then I will be kind to you.

I Jolteon Jordan hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I was a part of this club once before, and I'd like to be a part of it again. Pretty much one of the only places I post on Serebii.net Forums nowadays. It's nice to have a place to talk about shiny Pokemon and not have so many people think you're wasting time.

I guess I'll answer some of those questions to make my post more interesting:

I've always had a liking for shinies. Heck, I had hunted a little before then. Once, I was SRing in my Japanese Diamond out of boredom and only around twenty SRs in, a shiny Drifloon appeared! I had also tried to SR a shiny Dialga and Heatran, but I was too impatient at the time, and gave up. But there were some moments on my Japanese HeartGold that drove me to take my appreciation for shinies to the next level.

While randomly playing after finishing a final, I had the top screen hidden under the desk and relying on the sound of the game to know where I was going (I didn't want anyone to be picked on, which I always have been for liking Pokemon since Elementary) while heading for the Lake of Rage. But all of a sudden, I heard the noises of sparkles. My heart skipped a beat and I looked at a shiny Girafarig that was staring practically into my soul. My Pokemon were too strong to weaken it, I had only a few Poke Balls with me, but somehow, Lady Luck was on my side and it was caught. But it didn't stop there.

On the same day, I was training my Pokemon for the 8th gym while at home. But then, HeartGold struck again when a shiny Graveler scrolled across my screen. I was so shocked to get not one, but TWO shinies on the same game on the same day. I weakened it, but then, the worst occured... Graveler used Selfdestruct. I had never been so upset over a shiny, but eventually I moved on.

But still, HeartGold had more to offer. The next night, I was watching Top Gun with my father and sister while climbing up Bell Tower. I was wondering if I should SR for a shiny Ho-Oh. It looked pretty neat shiny, I had never had a shiny legendary, and my HeartGold had been so nice maybe I'd get lucky. But as I was thinking that, a blue Gastly sparkled, and then my mind was set: Shiny Ho-Oh will be mine.

But that was the last amount of "good luck" my Japanese HeartGold had. My whole Christmas break went by with no shiny, as did the whole month of January, but finally, at the beginning of February, I had decided I needed to make sure I knew what a shiny Ho-Oh looked like while scrolling across the screen, so I decided I would only see what the beauty looked like with an Action Replay (but I swore to myself I wouldn't catch it. I wanted to make sure I would know the difference between normal and shiny while the Pokemon scrolled across the screen). So I played on two DSes: My DSi had me SRing for Ho-Oh, and the DS Lite had me entering a code. But just before I finished the code, I saw a Ho-Oh, but this one was a different color, but not only that, it sparkled!

I stared in awe for the first minute or so, my jaw to the floor, then I finally just shut the DS, yelled with victory (curing my sore throat that day), and proceeded to capturing it. After almost KOing it by accident, I decided it would be best to use the Master Ball and not let that month and a half go to waste.

From there, something in me continued to give me the motivation to hunt for a shiny, and after a few shinies, I decided to officially call myself a shiny hunter.

Normally SRing, but I'm starting to really like REing, as it goes by really fast.

My shiny Latias. Latias is one of my favorite Pokemon, probably my favorite shiny, and I worked so hard for her.

Everyone else probably has the same answer: Garchomp, but I also thinking Simisear and Gothita are pretty dumb too.

Dialga, who I plan to SR for soon.

Ho-Oh possibly, which was already explained above, but Latias and Giratina were neat on their own. Latias came through pure luck, and Giratina came through pure effort.

At the time, Latias had become my longest hunt I had kept track of. I really wanted one, and it was bugging me to no end that she just wouldn't shine. I wanted to SR for her one morning at school, but I had some math homework to take care of. But then my friend took my DS, claiming he would SR for it, but wouldn't count. I wasn't going to let him do that and took the DS. Now I felt the need to SR for Latias, so I talked to Latias, entered a battle, and on the FIRST LATIAS OF THE DAY, A SHINY ONE APPEARED! I luckily closed the DSi right on time to save the initial sparkles for the video, and caught her by the end of the day.

Giratina, as I said, was more of effort than luck. I had been hoping for a shiny Giratina before 2011, but it didn't seem to look that way at the time. In the end, I decided I would dual SR, hoping maybe, just maybe, a miracle would happen. I SRed with no breaks, just constant button mashing and counting. It was 11:40 PM, I was loosing hope. I was past 13,000 SRs, but then, at 11:45 PM, I noticed a Giratina with radically different colors descending on my Japanese Platinum while live recording, proceeded to gasp and yell with joy. I didn't want to bother, and I wanted to officially have my last 2010 shiny, so I proceeded to Master Ball the amazing dragon.

Two uncatchable shiny Poochyenas. Curse you Mudkip!

Probably Rapidash. I like the blue flames over the gray ones. I can't help but mention one thing though: I'd change shiny Umbreon's black fur to a shining silver. While I really love shiny Umbreon as it is, I absolutely LOVE how it looks in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Instead of having black fur, for some reason, it has a metallic silver look, but I absolutely LOVE how it looks on it. It looks awesome.

Congrats on ShinyStormDragoon's not one, but TWO shiny Rufflets! Amazing luck you got there! Also on mrrrrrrr KENNEDY's Kyogre and Stantler, ShyniHunter's shiny Torchic, CooKeyy's shiny starters, Ivyron's MM shinies, and Pokerealm's shiny Skorupi and Solosis!

As for me, February's a good month for me. I'm hoping for one more shiny before the release of Black and White though because once that happens, all of my other hunts will be put on hold and I will be hunting for a shiny Snivy.

I'm currently on 10,563 REs at Victory Road on my Japanese Pokemon White, and I'm really hoping for a shiny Rufflet. My last shiny was a 2nd shiny Heatmor at 4,413 REs, so it's been a little over 6,000 REs since my last shiny. I'm hoping to reach 11,000 REs by tonight. Wish me luck guys! And good luck on all of your hunts as well! (And sorry for the really long post)

P.S. You can lose a shiny by sending it to the Dream World? Ouch... That's scary. Think of all the little Japanese children that have lost shinies. D: Glad to know that now though!
    Most Recent Shiny:
    Aron (499 Eggs)
    Current Shiny Targets:
    Riolu (300 Eggs)

Michael/Ryuuto of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness is my bishie for I am the #1 Michael/Ryuuto fangirl! <3

I Reckless, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

Phew, I've been stalking the forums for a while now but only just decided to make an account after seeing this thread =] I'm Reckless, nice to meet you all!

Back when I first started playing ruby, I came across an oddly coloured Wurmple. Not sure about it and thinking my game was glitched, I decided to catch it anyways, being the reckless (geddit?) person I am and not being far enough into the game to care much if it somehow messed up my file. I had no idea it was a shiny until about a year (and many game restarts) later. I did a little research, turns out it was a fabled shiny, and i've been hooked ever since!

Either SRing or random encounters in the wild. I never managed to see every pokemon in Diamond so I've never tried chaining before, and I've never traded online to try Mesudaing, although since I got my DS hooked up to my shiny (geddit) new router, I'll give every method a go =]

Well, I don't HAVE any shiny pokemon on any of my saved files, yet I have had some in the past when I didn't realise just how rare they actually were. I loved my shiny zigzagoon though, evolved him up into a linoon as soon as I was able =D

I'mma jump on the bandwagon here and say Garchomp. Seriously, I don't even need to say anything about it and y'all will know what I'm talking about.

A shiny Kyurem, which is my current aim. I've totally lost count of the amount of SR's I've done, but I've been at it for almost 3 days straight and I'm not letting up!

In Ruby, walking along route 119 to progress further into the game... BANG. Shiny zigzagoon. I flailed.

Garchomp, I would have him bright green =]

I Aznska8er hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Nice the club is open again i like to rejoin to post and known more about the shinys of the other members.
    Well, no shinys yet:

Current hunts:
    Shiny Lugia is taking too long: 9000 SRs
    ekans:279 SRs

Also congrats to all those who have recently obtained shinys.
    Good luck on your hunts.
    Last edited by Aznska8er; 25th February 2011 at 8:37 PM.
    Latest shiny
    897th egg
    June 25th

Default Wonderful idea

We are incredibly happy to you personally intended for placing such things.That help much my family great deal.I love your hard work.Incredible, that looks flexible!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://quizilla.teennick.com
    http://www.blogtext.org
    http://www.blurty.com
    http://promiserings.typepad.com

I Polarix hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Well, since the last thread was closed I have a new shiny to report! As seen in my sig, I encountered a shiny Ekans in Route 32 after 9670 encounters. I was actually going to take a break from that hunt if I hit 10,000 and I didn't really expect a shiny to appear. I managed to catch him after a couple of Pokéballs and named him Salazar, after Salazar Slytherin in Harry Potter - I couldn't think of anything more fitting at the time, but if anyone has a suggestion for his name, I'll be glad to hear it.

I've now moved to Slowpoke Well on both HG and SS and am going to hunt there for a while. Zubat has an 85% chance of appearing at all times of day leaving Slowpoke with a measly 15%. Although I would rather get a shiny Slowpoke, a shiny is a shiny, and Crobat doesn't look too bad.

Congrats to everyone that's just posted their new shinies, Landorus, Ivyon, PokeRealm, ShinyFufu, Storm_Dragoon and Cell, and good luck to everyone with their current hunts!

One day I think I was looking on the Serebii pokedex pages and saw that each Pokemon had an alternate colour, a Google search later told me they were shiny Pokemon. This was around the time the 3rd Generation came out and I got Sapphire and Emerald. I didn't have much patience at the time so I never really got anything out of those games, and I was dissapointed when I found out Emerald had a broken RNG too. However, I kept my hopes up of one day finding a shiny and my first shiny - an 1/8192 one too - was a random Spoink in Pearl. He is now my beloved Shiny Grumpig Rufus!

I'd probably have to say this is random encountering, probably because I can EV train, level up and just have the excitement of not knowing exactly what is going to appear!

Ceres the shiny Roserade, I found him in Eterna Forest while I was trying to start a chain of Buneary, and his colours are amazing.

It's gotta be Weavile. I absolutely loved it until I saw it's horrible pink and yellow shiny form.
    Fin.

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast