Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Hunter's Club

Default The Shiny Hunter's Club

Banner made by §Suicune§

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new and enhanced Shiny Hunters Club!

In this club, we can discuss nearly everything related to Shiny Pokemon. Hunting for a certain shiny? Hatched yourself a shiny? Or maybe you got some awesome Rumble shinies? Even art you made about Shiny Pokemon can be posted here!

~~~~~~~~~~

Index

1. Rules
    2. Strike System
    3. Member List
    4. Club Activities
    5. Topics
    6. Shiny Pokemon Merchandise
    7. Shiny Guide
    8. FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~

Rules (Updated May 18th, 2011)

NOTE: These can be updated/changed at any time if needed!

• If you wish to join, make sure to read all the rules below, remember them and most important, follow them
    • Every post has to contain at least 4 PROPER sentences, this is to prevent SPAM
    • Do not use things like "Ok, thanks" or "I'll try that" to make more sentences, you will get a strike for doing this
    • Pictures taller than 800x600 must be posted in spoilers
    • Do not update on your hunts 5 times a day, but just when you think you made some good progress
    • Do not ask questions we have in our FAQ
    • Do not bash the Owner or the Co-Owners for a decision they make. If you get a strike/ban, you deserved it, else you wouldn't have gotten it
    • Do not post pledges like "I (name) promise to never leave this club no matter what", as most people find them annoying
    • Do not reply to SPAM or trolls. Ignore them and let the co-owners report them
    • No flaming
    • Do not discuss trades or battles
    • All of the standard Club rules apply here

If you want to join, make sure to post the following pledge in your first post in the club plus 3 more proper sentences.

I (ScreenName), have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

Fail to do this will result in a strike once you do join correctly.
    Make sure you don't just post the pledge and nothing else, because that will get you a strike aswell!
    You don't have to wait until someone accepts you. If you join as described above, you're in and you'll be added to the member list. If you're declined, me or a co-owner will post it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Strike System

For every broken rule, you receive a strike, no matter what.
    3 strikes will result in a ban for a month.
    Get 3 more strikes and you'll be banned permanently, no exceptions, so make sure to read and follow the rules and everyone will be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Member List

~PM me if I missed you~

Spoiler:- Member List:

Last edited by Pokerealm; 30th May 2011 at 6:32 PM.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Bananas. This used to be another post. SORRY GUYS!
    Last edited by Zabi; 13th July 2011 at 4:23 AM.

Shiny Pokemon Merchandise. It exists. Who would have guessed?

This post will be edited later with descriptions, pictures, and more~

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

FAQ

Q: What is the chance of finding a shiny?
    A: In most cases, it's 8/65536 (1/8192). However, the Masuda Method increases the chance to 1/2048 in D/P/Pt/HG/SS and 1/1366 in Black & White. Using the Pokeradar in D/P/Pt also helps finding shinies, with a chance of 1/50 to see a "Shiny Patch" at a chain of 40+.

Q: What is the Masuda Method?
    A: Breeding 2 Pokemon from different language games. Like a Japanese Ditto with an English Magikarp. As the US versions and the English EU versions are both the same language, they won't work together.

Q: What Pokemon can't be shiny?
    A: All Wonder Card Pokemon (Event Pokemon) can't be shiny unless they're always shiny. Also, in Black & White, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Zorua (in-game event) and Zoroark (in-game event) can't be shiny.

Q: So, can I get Shiny Zorua by breeding?
    A:
    Yes, you can always breed for a shiny one.

Q: I heard there's a better chance of finding a shiny by doing this and that, is that true?
    A:
    No, as mentioned above, the Masuda Method and chaining are the only ways to increase your odds. Otherwise it's always 1/8192, no matter what.

Q: I've hit *insert large number* encounters/SRs, is my game broken or am I doing something wrong?
    A:
    You're just unlucky. It might take 100 encounters, but it can take over 40,000 aswell (very rarely).

Q: Isn't the chance to see a shiny starter in HG/SS 3/8192 because you see 3 pokemon at the same time?
    A:
    No, even though you see 3 at once, the chance is still 1/8192 for all 3 of them. It's like doing 3 encounters, but faster.

~~~Will be updated with more later~~~
    Last edited by Pokerealm; 27th February 2011 at 9:26 AM.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D

I Ψosiden hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
    Nice to see this club back up, and I’m glad to start with a clean slate because I didn’t start off too great in the last one, but I have read and re-read the rules, so I should be set for this one.
    Nice Ideas for activities and prises Zabi, I’ll be sure to have a go at the shiny of the month in March, though I fear it will be won by someone quite quickly.
    Can I suggest adding to the rules ‘Keep on the topic of shiny Pokemon’ or something to that effect, I think you forgot it.

On my current hunt’s, some of you will know that I am new to shiny hunting, and I am planning on doing One of each of the methods before doing anything else. So far:
    Chaining: COMPLETED, Bronzor
    Masuda Method: 34 Vulpix Eggs (I know it’s not much yet but it’s a start.)
    I also have a question for people about the Masuda Method. Is there any way of checking a nationanality of a pokemon? (I got a smeargle off someone in Italy off GTS but I’d like to be sure if it is actually an Italian smeargle).

I Landorus hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Hello people. First, I guess I will start out with listing my hunts. My hunts right now are Basuaro and Mudkip in White through the Masuda Method. The Magikarp is being bred so it might have an Adamant nature and the Dream World ability. If I get both on a shiny one I would be so happy. I have over 400 Pansage eggs, but I don't count my hunts anymore so I am not sure how much I have for either.

My latest shiny is a shiny Weepinbell in Pokemon Rumble. It took around 100,000 Pokemon to appear. That figures though, because I got 4 Rumble shinies in one day before. I used all my luck then. :3

Here are pictures of the shiny Weepinbell:
        Spoiler:- Click:

Edit: Okay, I guess I will just leave. Even though I never broke the rules I guess I have to. Bye everyone. It was nice talking to some of you.
    Last edited by Landorus; 25th February 2011 at 6:47 PM.

Hi everyone! I’m G-Money, and I’d love to rejoin for the new club.

I, G-Money, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I wasn’t really that active in the old version of the club because I was afraid I’d get flamed for posting when I didn’t have a shiny. Let’s hope the new incarnation of the club will be a better facilitator for shiny discussion. I think that it has good a chance to work really well, although I’d probably add a rule about respect between members and common courtesy. I’m really looking forward to the new club and I wish the best of luck to everyone who joins.

I really like the new activities! They seem like a great idea to add a little spice to the club. Although I know I’ll probably never win the Hunter of the Month, it’ll be fun trying! I don’t take pictures of my shinys, but I might start if I’m in the hunt. I catch shinys so rarely that nobody questions my veracity, “lol.” The circuit and the shiny of the month sound fun, too – it would be awesome if everyone in the club was racing for the same shiny!

What made you start shiny hunting?

Back in February 2006, I was playing through Emerald when I ran into a gray Slugma. I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up online and discovered “shiny hunting.” I read a lot about people who search exclusively for these elusive creatures, and I was fascinated by this entirely new way of playing the game. Shiny hunting is what kept me playing Pokemon, and I still enjoy it to this day.

I’ve been shiny hunting for 5 years (although I did take a couple of breaks) and have 13 shinys to show for it:

Slugma (Emerald) - Random Encounter
    Electrode (Ruby) - Random Encounter
    Shuppet (Emerald) - Random Encounter
    Zangoose (Ruby) - Random Encounter
    Dialga (Diamond) - SR
    Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
    Uxie (Diamond) - SR
    Bibarel (Diamond) - Safari Zone
    Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
    Magnemite (Diamond) - Egg Hatching
    Tangela (LeafGreen) - Random Encounter
    Giratina (Diamond) – SR
    Staravia (Diamond) – Random Encounter

What is your favorite method of hunting?

I like random encounters and SRing, since those are the “classic” methods of hunting. I always loved shinys for their rarity and difficulty to obtain. If there’s something that makes shiny hunting easier or changes the odds, I think it takes some of the fun out. That’s just my opinion, though, and I have no problem with anybody else hunting whichever way they please. Shinys are for personal enjoyment, and each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. (I’d kindly ask that no one respond to this paragraph, as last time it caused some unnecessary problems.)

What is your favorite shiny you own?

Hmm, that’s a tough one. I treasure all of my shinys, but my favorite is probably Shuppet. It’s the first shiny I really hunted for – I spent all April vacation 2007 hunting, “lol.” I sat in bed and just kept REing in Mt. Pyre without stop. My determination paid off, and after what seemed like hundreds of hours, I had a nice translucent-blue ghost to show for it.

What is your least favorite shiny and why?

I’d probably have to say Staravia, since it’s the most common Pokemon out of all the shinys I have, with the exception of Bibarel. Bibarel has cool story, though – I found it in the Safari Zone!! That place is a shiny hunter’s worst nightmare, and I was terrified throughout the whole battle. I kept thinking it was going to flee, but I was one of the few fortunate ones.

In terms of appearance, my least favorite shiny would be Uxie. It’s almost monochromatic with an ugly, diluted, orangishness; but still, a shiny is a shiny!

What is the shiny you would like to own?

I think the coolest-looking shinys are Rayquaza, Charzard, and Metagross, although I’m focused on getting Treecko right now. Every time I see that normal Treecko pop out of the Pokeball, I envision how cool shiny Treecko looks. I’ll SR for Rayquaza and Beldum soon, once I get Treecko, Mudkip, and Kyogre for my Sapphire quest. I’ll want to play through Kanto with a shiny Charzard, so I’m going to need to get shiny Squirtle first, but I want shiny Hitmonlee and some regular FR version-exclusive Pokemon before I restart my game.

I’m not really that ambitious in my shiny hunts!

What's your best shiny story?

After I got Slugma and found out what shinys were, I went through all my boxes on all my games to see if I had caught one before without realizing it. Guess what? A shiny Electrode sat in my Ruby PC without me knowing it! I must have caught it a long time ago, before I knew what shinys were. I probably just thought, “Oh look, a blue Electrode. That’s cool. I should catch it.” I’ve had my Ruby file since 2003, so Electrode’s an ancient shiny. It was my first (and probably last) shiny I ever got by "box hunting."

It's all happened - What shiny got away from you?

>.> You just had to mention this, didn’t you. “lol” I would’ve posted this a couple of days ago, but that was during the club’s transitionitory (no, that’s not a recognized word) downtime. I’ve been SRing relentlessly for Treecko, and it was bound to happen at some point. Even I, the great G-Money, could not hold it off any longer. I was plagued by the infamous shiny Poochyena!! Oh, how that uncatchable golden beast taunts me! *sob*

If you could change the color of one shiny, which one would it be?

Uxie. Give it some contrast between the primary and secondary colors, like purple or dark green!

Hunting Progress:

My quest to catch all the Sapphire SRable shinys continues. I’m not counting my SRs, as I’ve probably already done well over 8000 and I like to do other stuff while SRing, and pressing a button on a calculator over and over isn’t too fun. (Ironic, since I spend my days hitting a permutation of buttons on a DS over and over. )

Did I make the 40-word limit?
    Last edited by G-Money; 25th February 2011 at 5:51 PM.

I Jonny7197 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them

Well here is the club again, ahh yes my hunts.
    Well my main hunt in the desert has got up to 8550 REs with no shiny, being my second most long hunt, my other hunts i am not really doing much as I am Concentrating on this hunt.

However my rumble has produced 4 shinies this week so I guess thats kinda good .

I hope the club isn't overrun by spam again
    Last edited by Jonny7197; 25th February 2011 at 5:53 PM.
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Poseidon, G-money welcome the new club. Nice first posts (especially G) and good luck with your hunts!

Landorus, I'm going to have to deny you entrance into the club. I know who you are (Yanappu) and you have both harassed our co-owner Zabi in the past and blatently insulted members in the last club thread. Please don't post here again. That is all.

Also, I'm happy to admit I've had quite a bit of shiny luck since the old club closed down and this new one opened. In fact, I've managed to hatch three shinies! First is a female cottonee, soon Whimsicott with a mild nature and mischevious heart. I named her Rex. She's a buttkicker. Second is a shiny female litwick I dubbed Grave. She's got a Sassy nature and like cottonee, will soon be fully evolved into a very pretty pokemon. And last but not least...my pride and joy... HOSS THE LARVESTA! It's male, jolly nature, and has the eggmoves morning sun and zen headbutt. I was SO excited to not only hatch one in 80some eggs but that it also had a great nature for Larvesta. I'm definitely going to level him to 100 without evolving.

EDIT: Pictures!

Last edited by Ivyon; 25th February 2011 at 6:39 PM.

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

I have gotten 2 new shinies last weekend, but as you know I couldn't post yet.

Saturday, I hatched:

That's right, a Shiny Skorupi hatched in White!

I already hatched ~700 eggs before and then collected 300 Tepig and 600 Skorupi eggs. The 498st Skorupi out of those 600 was this red beauty :3

Definitely one of my most favorite shinies EVER : D

He has a Timid nature which sucks, but I'm not evolving it anyways so I don't mind~

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01YfC9wPAE

------------------------

The next day, I was hatching for my new MM target, Maractus, when I suddenly got a strong feeling I had to hunt on Route 5, where I got Trubbish some months ago.

Not even 200 encounters later, this appeared:

Exactly what I was hoping for!
    Caught it in a Heal Ball, and evolved it into Reuniclus~

Pictures of it's evolutions:

Spoiler:- More Pictures:
    Last edited by Pokerealm; 25th February 2011 at 6:12 PM.

I, ShinyFufu, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I'm delighted to see that the club is finally up and running once again. I haven't posted much these last few days because the Shiny Club is the only thing that really keeps me at Serebii, haha.

Well, let's see...a few days ago, I obtained a shiny Geodude on my Emerald version. I was random encountering in the Magma Hideout, in hopes of finding a shiny Torkoal. After 27,910 encounters, the shiny Geodude appeared. My neglect to properly prepare for the possibility of finding a shiny Geodude/Graveler left me without a pokemon with Damp (to prevent Geodude from using Selfdestruct), so I just chucked a Master Ball at the shiny Geodude. It is now a shiny Graveler on my HeartGold version, waiting to be traded to some other game so that I can evolve it.

As of now, here are my hunts on my games.

FireRed1 and 2: Nothing (any suggestions? I'm might restart my FR2 and do a shiny quest...)
    LeafGreen/HeartGold: Staryu -- 12,400 encounters
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Alternating between Swablu and Torkoal -- 1012 and 200 encounters respectively
    Diamond: Piplup -- 405 eggs hatched
    Platinum: Gible -- 3,307 encounters
    SoulSilver: Suicune -- 1,031 SRs

At the moment, the shiny I'd like most is Gible. Garchomp's shiny form may suck, but hey, it's still shiny! Plus, Garchomp is a cool Pokemon.

I also plan on SRing on both Black and White until I get a shiny Tepig on one of those games. Hopefully it shines quickly.

So yeah, good luck everyone, and hopefully this club lasts a while. I'm really liking all the new aspects of it as well.
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

I ShinyDan hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Its nice to see this club back again, I was previously a member but didn't ever seem to have enough time for shiny hunting. Still, I used to love reading people's posts and I'm hoping that rejoining the club will give me the inspiration to start hunting again.

Thought I might as well list my current hunts:

Magikarp: 1120 eggs.
    Gastly: 1320 encounters.
    Johto starters: Not been counting but I started the hunt last August and have only done a few here and there since then.

I'm also seriously considering getting a proper camera to video whatever I might end up getting and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Finally, goodluck to all shiny hunters
    (Non chain shinies only)

Credit goes to Chao Monster for the sprites.

http://gamejolt.com/ - great little gaming website

Figured I should post my answers to Storm's topic list...

Back in the old days, of Gold and Silver, I was distraught because I fainted the Red Gyarados due to being too overleveled. I knew that shinies were rare (my game guide told me about them when I got it with the game), so I wasn’t going to see one again. But then, one day while training in Victory Road, a shiny female Ursaring appeared, and I screamed. It took a long time, but I caught her. Unfortunately, she now rests in peace due to the internal battery dying. However, that got into shinies, although I never got one again until Fire Red!

I don’t have a particular favorite way. Hunting is nice because I’ll never know what I’ll get, but I lack patience. Same with SRing. Chaining I abused the heck out of. But I think I kinda prefer the Masuda Method now. Been lucky so far.

…All of them? I think Flygon’s my absolute favorite, though, because of the ironic story behind it.

Garchomp. Because you can barely tell what it looks like. Shiny female Unfeazant isn’t nice to look at either.

…Reshiram. ;-;

I got so many…I’ll do 4 of them, but if asked I can probably do all of them.
    - Flygon – This was before I knew of the Emerald RNG. I was running around in that tower in the desert, looking for a female Trapinch, before I would get the fossil. For kicks, I pretended I was being chased by a shiny Trapinch. And then, a female, level 23, SHINY Trapinch appeared. I caught her and named her Citrus. She’s my baby. ;-;
    - Typhlosion – It was a few days after HG/SS came out in Japan. I had a game imported for my birthday, and when it came in, I started SRing for the heck of it. I wasn’t aiming to get a shiny, so I was planning to move on after a few days. Then I looked down and my ALL-TIME FAVORITE STARTER was red.
    - Joltik – This was mentioned in the last club, but I was having severe bad luck with the Masuda Method. I just wasn’t getting anything for 2 months. My Petilil hunt gained a Venipede and Pansage hunt. I was getting upset. Then Ivyon and Zabi told me to breed 50 Joltik eggs. I obliged, thinking it’d be fruitless. The morning after, I hatched 2 shiny electric spiders from the same batch of eggs.
    - Petilil – This is my most recent shiny. After Joltik, I had renewed hope, and bred 50 Petilil eggs. Sure enough, the 17th egg was the shiny. She’s now a Lilligant, my first fully EV-Trained Pokemon!

Exeggcute, Safari Zone, Leaf Green. Hated it ever since.

Garchomp to a much brighter blue, like Gible. Or Flareon to a more noticeable shade of orange.

ShinyDan, Fufu, you both are accepted.
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

Copy paste FTW:

Alright, I'm back with a new shiny in 5th gen:

Shiny Rufflet/Washibon .

I started hatching for a shiny Rufflet/Washibon a couple days ago, as I really wanted to get this shiny. I was originally REing for a shiny one, but rather than risk running into something I didn't want, I hatched it instead. Was going to get ready for bed, so I decided to get 5 more eggs in my party, which would have gotten me to 300 eggs. Luckily, on the 299th egg, out popped a shiny Rufflet <3.

More pics/a.k.a. picspam:

Closeup of Rufflet hatching screen
    Shiny Rufflet, trainer ID
    Shiny Rufflet, serious nature
    Rufflet vs. shiny Rufflet comparison
    Shinydex
    Sparkles

I've decide that I am going to hatch for a second one, as I really want both shiny Rufflet and shiny Braviary. Other hunts are still going strong, Beldum is now my longest hunted shiny, 3 years and counting since I started the hunt. I really hope my games battery lasts long enough to get me one of my dream shinies.

Welcome to the new club members, hope you follow the rules and enjoy yourselves.
    Last edited by Storm_Dragoon; 25th February 2011 at 6:07 PM.
    Latest Shinies - Black2:

47849 SRs!

Hello there, I was a member of both the previous incarnations of this club and would like to join this one aswell;

I, Cell, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Well, I was looking at the pokedex of Rayquaza and saw the black form, I did some research and started a hunt for the beast on my emerald (Little did I know the RNG is messed up). However, it did shine one day. I've been hunting ever since, basically.

My favorite method is hatching, my most succesfull method is Soft Resetting.

Probably my Dustox and Sandslash.

Hariyama, random encounter in Emerald, only caught it because it was shiny and I don't really like the pokemon in general.

Well I'm currently hunting for a venomoth, so that one at the moment.

Probably hatching my first shiny after 9 years of hatching, it only happened a couple of days ago. The wurmple made my day.

A Chansey in the safari zone on my firered. I tried to catch it, but I ran out of safari balls..

____

This is just my latest shiny from my Soulsilver, it hatched on the 20th of February (ironically, that is the day I noticed the other club was closed).

I was hoping it would evolve into Dustox, and it did. I was pretty happy with it. This is my first hatched shiny (since the 50% egg in crystal).

Ah well, I hope I get accepted and I wish you all good luck on your hunts.

I The M hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

yes the club is back!!
    I want to rejoin the club because i love shinies and i hunt them

my current targets:
    mewto:3700SR
    sudoowoodo:not counting but i think that i am already up 8000
    and i do some RE in oreburgh mine:2700RE

also congrats to:Storm Dragoon,ShinyFuFu,Pokerealm,Ivyon,Landorus and Cell(sorry if I miss spelled any name)

Good luck to evreyone and sorry for my bad english(I am from Belgium)

I Aznska8er hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Nice the club is open again i like to rejoin to post and known more about the shinys of the other members.
    Well, no shinys yet:

Current hunts:
    Shiny Lugia is taking too long: 9000 SRs
    ekans:279 SRs

Also congrats to all those who have recently obtained shinys.
    Good luck on your hunts.
    Last edited by Aznska8er; 25th February 2011 at 7:37 PM.
    Latest shiny
    897th egg
    June 25th

I Polarix hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Well, since the last thread was closed I have a new shiny to report! As seen in my sig, I encountered a shiny Ekans in Route 32 after 9670 encounters. I was actually going to take a break from that hunt if I hit 10,000 and I didn't really expect a shiny to appear. I managed to catch him after a couple of Pokéballs and named him Salazar, after Salazar Slytherin in Harry Potter - I couldn't think of anything more fitting at the time, but if anyone has a suggestion for his name, I'll be glad to hear it.

I've now moved to Slowpoke Well on both HG and SS and am going to hunt there for a while. Zubat has an 85% chance of appearing at all times of day leaving Slowpoke with a measly 15%. Although I would rather get a shiny Slowpoke, a shiny is a shiny, and Crobat doesn't look too bad.

Congrats to everyone that's just posted their new shinies, Landorus, Ivyon, PokeRealm, ShinyFufu, Storm_Dragoon and Cell, and good luck to everyone with their current hunts!

One day I think I was looking on the Serebii pokedex pages and saw that each Pokemon had an alternate colour, a Google search later told me they were shiny Pokemon. This was around the time the 3rd Generation came out and I got Sapphire and Emerald. I didn't have much patience at the time so I never really got anything out of those games, and I was dissapointed when I found out Emerald had a broken RNG too. However, I kept my hopes up of one day finding a shiny and my first shiny - an 1/8192 one too - was a random Spoink in Pearl. He is now my beloved Shiny Grumpig Rufus!

I'd probably have to say this is random encountering, probably because I can EV train, level up and just have the excitement of not knowing exactly what is going to appear!

Ceres the shiny Roserade, I found him in Eterna Forest while I was trying to start a chain of Buneary, and his colours are amazing.

It's gotta be Weavile. I absolutely loved it until I saw it's horrible pink and yellow shiny form.
    Fin.

I Laevateinn hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Huzzah! The Shiny Pokemon Club returns, glad to see it's still alive. One of the reasons why I haven't been on as much as I wanted to is because of the spam that was brewing up from the new members, let's hope we won't have deja vu.

Anyways, I've caught a few new shinies since I stopped posting in the old club. I'll have to get the videos up later but here is a list:

3rd Shiny Cyndaquil on SS
    Shiny Bidoof in a NON-Shiny patch on Platinum (Why me?!? >.<)
    Shiny Minun with Pokeradar on Platinum (FINALLY!!! )

It all started about 10 years ago. I was wandering around in the grass on Pokemon Gold and I encountered a Shiny Weepinbell. I'd managed to learn about Shinies when I encountered the Gyarados and I also managed to capture the Weepinbell. Ever since then I hunted Shinies to get that same feeling from that day I got my first real Shiny.

Oh, that's a hard one... I'd say SRing. Even though I'm not the best at it, it gives the most feeling of satisfaction out of the methods I know about.

Agh! Another tough one! Well, I'd say it would be a tie between Tristan (my Dusknoir), Vladimir (my Darkrai) and Oswald (my Minun). All three are good battlers and all three have fantastic colours imo.

To be truthful I don't have a Shiny that I hate the most. I'll take anything from a Rayquaza to another Bidoof.

A dream Shiny of mine is Relicanth (which is what I'm hunting for now). I love coelacanths and I also love Relicanth. Why not, eh?

My best story would be the awesome tale of Archie the Banette. I had been having extreme difficulty hunting for Banette and was getting exhausted by the broken chains, so I gave it one more shot and Archie appeared at a chain of 1. I'd never been more happier, considering that he'd appeared on 24th of December!

I've had a few mishaps in my lifetime of hunting...

Golbat - Pokemon Crystal
    Whismur - Pokemon Ruby
    Minun - Pokemon Sapphire

Make Flareon's body purple and the mane and tail black, it would look much better (and more eviler).
    NOTE: I am a person with Autistic needs, somebody who is very sensitive to stuff like criticism and I might not understand jokes or the way things are said to me. Please be considerate before posting a reply to me and try to be kind, because if you are kind to me, then I will be kind to you.

I Theshinyhunterba hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Today is a great day: The new club is here, and... OMG! a new shiny in LG appeared.
    At 4:32, and after 10.095 (Total: 24.816) a new shiny appeared in Viridian Forest! Is a shiny Weedle!!!!!! Im very happy Is rare nature, LV 4 and female. Someday I will put the photos.
    Congrats for your new shinys and good luck for your hunts!!
    Last edited by Theshinyhunterba; 25th February 2011 at 7:21 PM.
    My 2011 shinies:

- Shiny Weedle, after 24.816 encounters. (LG1)
    - Shiny Hoppip, after 1.862 encounters. (LG1)
    - Shiny Fearow, after 7.510 encounters. (LG1)
    - Shiny Machop, after 8.816 encounters. (FR1)
    - Shiny Rapidash, after 1.612 encounters. (LG1)

I xKatie0391 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I'm glad to see the new club up and running I've been constantly checking the club section since the old one closed. I hope this will be just as successful

Unfortunately, I've had no new shinies lately, but I'm going to keep trying. I'm going to reset Latias while I watch Lord of the Rings, so hopefully I'll get a lot done.

When I got my first chained shiny, I started chaining a lot because I loved the excitement of finding a shiny patch. Then I learned about SRing and wanted to try it and get more shinies; getting 2 SR'd shiny Cyndaquils spurred me on to try more targets.

Erm... probably SRing, as it doesn't require too much concentration

Probably my Furret. I love the colour

I don't really have a least favourite one

I would love to have a shiny Celebi, although it's not legitly possible, I hope one day it will be possible to SR for a Celebi.

Getting my 2 Cyndaquils in one day; just 5 hours apart.

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

Default I'm rejoining!

I ShinyDoug hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Well, the club has returned! No new news from me other than a LoR Gyarados and that I gave up on SRing since I wasn't motivated. I'm at Mt. Silver now and I''m hoping that it will be enough to get my Lv. 88 Typhlosion to Lv. 100 so it will be my first Lv. 100 shiny.

I am hoping for an RE shiny, and now I will reply to the topics.

I was on Serebii and I saw the page about shinies. I remembered an old, strange looking Pokemon on my Ruby file... I searched for it thinking it was a Wingull, but to no avail. I looked through every Pokemon until I saw a strange Electrike. I was inspired.

I love a good shiny when I least expect it.

Typhlosion is the man.

I don't have a specific least favorite, but I don't hunt for shinies that look exactly the same as normal.

Chikorita. I would love a shiny Chikorita.

I have two I wanna share:
    1) I caught that aforementioned Electrike without knowing what the heck it was.
    2) I was home, miserably sick. I took out my DSi and started SRing for a shiny Johto starter. Only a bit under 3000 starters in, out popped a shiny. It was Cyndaquil! The one I wanted most! I almost SR'd over it, since I missed it and went to Totodile, only to say, "Oh my GOD!" and go back to it.

Tentacruel on the way to get more PokeBalls and challenge the Cianwood Gym on HG... It haunts me...

Whichever shiny is unnoticable in difference the most.

I Ampharos_Spark hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Congrats to:
    Ivyon on your shiny Cottonee, Litwick and Larvesta.
    Pokerealm on your shiny Skorupi and Reuniclus.
    Storm_Dragoon on your shiny Rufflet.
    Cell on your shiny Wurmple.
    Laevateinn on your shiny Cyndaquil, Bidoof and Minun.
    Theshinyhunterba on your shiny Weedle.

The club is back! I was wondering if I would have a shiny to post about when the club returned but Dialga is being stubborn still and Charmander hasn’t shone yet. I’m actually currently Training a couple of my shinies, That I EV trained, up to level 100. I might play Rumble while I SR and see if I get lucky on there. I think I’ll answer one of the topics too.

The reason I began hunting,back in 2006, was because I had never found a shiny in any of my games except for the red Gyarados in GSC. So I decided to take it upon myself to bike all over hoenn until I found a shiny in Ruby. I had only started going through Rusturf Tunnel for a few minutes when a shiny Whismur appeared! Then I heard about SRing and decided to give it a try. I decided to try SRing for Rayquaza in Sapphire since it’s such an awesome shiny. After a couple of weeks I did an all nigher and at 7:!4, after I yawned and had to wipe my DS screen clean, I saw it. Then I started to hunt for other shinies such as my Latias and Latios via the eon ticket.

My current hunts are:

FireRed: Charmander – Current Focus
    LeafGreen: Porygon
    Diamond: Burmy (Male)
    Platinum: Dialga – Current Focus
    HeartGold: Lugia

Ruby, Sapphire and SoulSilver are undecided right now. I might try to SR for Entei and Raikou.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and XY Shiny mega Ampharos animation is from PLDHnet

Oh, sweet! The club is back! Now then, without further ado...

I Missingno. Master hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Ha! So glad to be back. Profile, maybe you should mention that while the event Zorua and Zoroark can't be shiny, it's still possible to hatch a shiny Zorua. And holy crap, are the odds for the Masuda Method really now 1366?! That's awesome!

Ivyon: Shiny Pokemon merchandise?! Wow. The most I've seen were cards depicting shinies, and a Red Gyarados plush on Amazon.com. Is there really more than that?

No new shinies, at least none found by myself. A friend of mine at college, however, just traded me his shiny Ninjask, so that's cool.

Well, it all started when I found my first shiny, a Zigzagoon. It felt so thrilling when I succeeded in catching it, as I knew exactly how rare shinies are, and, well, I eventually decided that I wanted to feel that thrill again, and so I began hunting shinies.
    I don't really favor any one method over another, but if I had to choose, I'd say MMing.
    Lapras. Lapras was the first shiny I ever successfully SR'd, and so it holds a pretty special place in my heart.
    My least favorite shiny... I dunno. I'd have to say Weavile, because pink is not my thing. Still keeping mine, though.
    Weezing. My favorite Pokemon, of course I want it in shiny form. Coming in a close second, Zoroark.
    Oh, I got quite a few of them. Hard to say what the best one is, really. There's the story behind my first Machamp, the story behind my shiny Mightyena, there's my Tropius, I MM'd a Murkrow without even trying... OK, I think my best one involves my shiny Gyarados. Back in 2009, I had just heard of the Masuda Method, so I decided to try it out. I tried it with Magikarp, since their eggs hatch quickest. Nearly a week went by, no shiny Magikarp. The day after my 19th birthday, I give up. I withdraw Gyarados and Ditto from the daycare and go off to hatch the remaining Magikarp eggs.

The third to last egg contained a shiny Magikarp.

The date was March 18th, 2010. I was in the Safari Zone catching random stuffs so I could trade everything over from Platinum. Then, a shiny Ekans appeared! One Safari Ball later... it broke out and ran away.

Persian. Give it black fur. Really, anything would be an improvement. Coming in at a close second, Garchomp. It's hard to tell if you're looking at a shiny one or not.

So, yeah, glad the club's back. Congrats on the shinies, everyone!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Hey guys! :)

I Bynca hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Not sure if I'm supposed to answer all the topics listed...but I will. lol

Anyway,
    I saw my friend's shiny...Uh...I think it was a Golem...
    SRing or (surprsingly) hatching.
    Rayqauza by far.
    Riolu and Lucario because I just don't think yellow suits them very well...
    Nidoking! In fact, I'm hatching for a Shiny male Nidoran at the moment.
    Er... Yeah, about that... I don't have one. ^^;
    Gligar in the original gold version, I killed him, not knowing what he was... :/
    As stated above, Riolu and Lucario, I think would look better with maybe red (cliche, I know). Oh! I know, better yet, to match Brawl: White instead of the yellow!
    Making an RPG Forum...any who would like to help/like more information about it, PM me.
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast