Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Hunter's Club

I just got White!
    Well, it depends on your definiton of "just", since I got it at about 9:45.
    I didn't SR for a shiny starter, because I think it isn't worth making me wait for the game.

However, my friend did run in a shiny Patrat in Black three days ago.
    He didn't have any Pokéballs left.
    It's kind of funny. It's almost as if he is trying hard not to have any Pokéball just so he can miss a shiny.
    He found a shiny Rattata on SoulSilver a while ago, but KOed it.
    He also found a shiny Bidoof in Platinum. He caught it, but then his battery died.

The only legit shiny he got is Chatot because of that, which was chained.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichoholic98 View Post
    I Jerichoholic98 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Nice to see that the club's back.

Haven't been hunting all that much because I didn't want to get any thing started with B/w coming out.Decided to go for Oshawott on white and when I get black i'll probably go for Snivy. Hopefully i'll actually get a decent hunt.
    You did not do the pledge correctly, so you obviously didn't read the first post.
    I suggest you go back and read them.

I got White on friday and I quite like it (not used to the differences between it and SS, such as no L=A setting).

That aside, I was in Wellspring cave, looking for a tm, when I saw one of those dust clouds. The last one gave me a thunderstone, so I walked to it and stepped in.

It wasn't a thunderstone.

This little creature appeared, let out some sparks and made a cute yelp... I had to just throw pokeballs at it, because my lowest level was 32. I finally managed to catch it after 27 pokeballs. I went to the center and bought some more pokeballs (and great-ultra's).

Then I went to route 7 to train my Ferroseed. I walked on the ledge, fell off into the grass and...

A second shiny appeared, about 10 minutes after catching the first one. I did the same here and just tossed great balls, got it on the 2nd ball.

It's the first time I've had 2 shinies in a day, let alone two 1/8192 ones. Wow, just wow. I guess the 5th generation is finally making me lucky. (for now).

I eddy963 have read all the forum and club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule no matter which one will give me a strike.

Well no shinies since january 26th and it was a shiny rattata after 1,500 encounters. Right now hunting for lugia.
    Last edited by eddy963; 6th March 2011 at 9:48 PM.
    Cheating isnt the way to make a strong pokemon team. Its all about hard work to get them stronger. Thats the key to make strong pokemon teams!

Wow Cell, congrats on your Drilbur and Zebstrika!
    Both are awesome shinies =3

Quote Originally Posted by eddy963 View Post
    I eddy963 hereby acknowledge that I have read all the forum and club rules and agree to abide them.
    Well no shinies since january 26th and it was a shiny rattata after 1,500 encounters. Right now hunting for lugia.
    You're banned for a month because:

-You obviously didn't read the first post/rules, as you posted the wrong pledge
    -Your post contains less than 4 sentences
    -Your post is less than 40 words

This means you receive 3 strikes and thus, are banned for a month.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Thought I'd answer some of the other questions, seeing as I'm having no luck getting the last of the Shiny Pokemon of the month, Pikachu. (27 chain, then a Pichu killed it.)

What was your very first shiny Pokemon?
    A Pikachu that was traded to me. But I want my own...

Are you guys going to Sr for a Shiny Starter or play through?
    I'm not sure, I do want to play the game, but a shiny starter is very tempting.
    Do you guys have any special targets your going to hunt for in B/W?
    Yes, I guess some of the harder-to-get Pokemon, like starters, through MM.

Congrats to every one with a new shiny, especially the Zebstrika and Drilbur. Cell, I envy you...
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

I Pokémon Trainer Xande (call me PTX for quick) hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Want to learn with the masters how to shiny hunt.I will need for a challenge a nincada and a poochyena shiny on pokémon Sapphire.However,to start my hunt,I will get a Mudkip shiny, too.

My first no Lake of Rage Gyarados Shiny:Magikarp in HG.

All right people its that fateful day. That day I start a new hunt for a new shiny. Im about to start hunting shiny Tepig. I really hope to get it soon and wont stop till I do get it. White will come in the mail in a couple days too which means I'll SR Snivy soon too. I may not have gotten Mesprit, but that dosent bother me anymore. Im over it and want Tepig more. i only have 3 SRs for Tepig now, so im off to a pretty good start, but i have the whole rest of the evening so i cant wait until I can show you my new shiny Tepig.

Arceus its much higher chances of getting a shiny starter by using the masuda method, masuda method chances of being shiny have increased in 5th gen so that's what I'm going to do plus to tell whether it is shiny is time consuming seeing as you have to send it in to battle then SR... I just don't have time tbh

Rarely on here from now on so PMs and VMs will get very late replies, the only site I will be on is my forum (click the banner to visit) which I am on every day.
    The free zorua are still available. I won't battle anyone I don't know so don't ask!

My main FC's are:
    Charly (B):5114 2825 8300 - Japanese pokemon & Zorua trades only.
    Charly (SS): 4942 3334 2812 - Everything 4th gen
    Buffy (W):2666 1316 2030 - Everything 5th gen

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBreeder View Post
    Arceus its much higher chances of getting a shiny starter by using the masuda method, masuda method chances of being shiny have increased in 5th gen so that's what I'm going to do plus to tell whether it is shiny is time consuming seeing as you have to send it in to battle then SR... I just don't have time tbh
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a strike for failing to post four sentences. Rules is important, yanno?

Congrats on all the nice shinies in the club lately! I see several people have gotten some really nice ones like Drillbur and Meinfoo~ So awesome. Keep up the good luck guys!

As for me, I've hatched around 900 eggs of shelmet/gothita total so far with no luck yet. Hoping one shines in the next batch of 300, though I doubt I'm going to breed another batch for a week or so. When I do though... it's gonna be so fun. But until then I'll be SRing tepig on my white. I wants that golden bacon~

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

Wow, I'm not posting here as much as I should, even WITHOUT shinies to report. I can always congratulate though. So congrats on the Drilbur, Zebstrika, Chandelure(Litwick) and Voltorb. Also good luck with the shiny Bacon, Shelmet, Gothita, Scraggy and Sentret.

My first hunt in Black might be Snivy once I get a Ditto. Litwick also looks cool as well. I quite like Zebstrika and Haxorus as well. Zorua, Zoroark and Scolipede as well...

Damn, so many shinies I could get...

Welcome to all new members (as soon as they do the right thing of course...)

P.S. 40 word/4 sentence rule sucks.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    P.S. 40 word/4 sentence rule sucks.
    Sorry, but that's how it is. Do you honestly want to see short little posts about 'oh hey I got 30 more eggs to my 100 this is taking so loooong omg this sucks'? It's barely worth a read. Besides, it isn't THAT hard to come up with 4 sentences. I do think the 40 word limit is a bit much, yes, but for now people will just have to deal with it. Maybe later on, we'll lighten up on that rule.

I got Pokemon Black yesterday, and obviously it's great replaying and being able to understand everything. I have had this feeling in my gut that I'll get a shiny soon, and usually those gut feelings are right. So who knows, I might have a new shiny!
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

I Siny, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

What made you start shiny hunting?
    Finding so many randomly that it got my interested.

What is your favorite method of hunting?
    Softresetting because in soulsilver it is a easy way to get all the 3 starters shiny with a little patience. But i would love to try the Masuda Method, i never had because i never owned a foreign Ditto.

What is your favorite shiny you own?
    Shiny chikorita, (i will never evolve her)

What is your least favorite shiny and why?
    Shiny gyarados everybody has it.

What is the shiny you would like to own?
    Shiny espeon it is my favorite pokemon and shiny teddiursa it is just so cute!

What's your best shiny story?
    I found 2 shiny pokemons a day after each other randomly. And both are great shiny's a shiny rapidash and a shiny sneasel.

It's all happened - What shiny got away from you?
    Thank god never happend to me.

If you could change the color of one shiny, which one would it be?
    I would say shiny wooper, i think her shiny form color is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBreeder View Post

I know the Masuda Method odds have increased this Gen, but I still want to SR the Tepig. Im SRing right now. It would just be a great feeling to Play through the game using a shiny Starter, a great start to a new Generation. Thats why I wanted to do it and gave up my other hunts to start hunting Tepig. I dont mind SRing Pokemon as Ive done it, and sucessfully gotten many shinies from this method. Anyw ay I guess its progress report time. Im gonna SR all day, naturally and so far Im on 68 SRs for Tepig, not a bad start. At least my DS Lite is cooperating and the shoulder buttons work. I hope I can get up to a good number like 300 or even get the shiny, If I do, naturally I'll update here with pictures or a video.

as promised, the rest of the pics of Wurmple #4:

also, i dont know if anyone saw my last post, but after 519 encounters in Ilex forest, i had this show up:

dude completely surprised me! was not expecting another shiny so quickly. it also helps me when i get Black or White. Stats:

Yeah, this post was supposed to go in a few days ago, i just couldnt get to a computer in time. I did get myself White on Sunday after i gotten off work (cost me only 30 bucks!!). It's also good to know im not the only one crazy enough to Reset for the Bacon. Currently at 310 resets (im not reseting now as im actually at work typing this). feels like its about 2 minutes per reset....
    after Tepig Shines, my next target is Lillipup. i wont be back til my next shiny. Don't care what it is.......
    Friend Safari Code: 2552-1203-9237 Psychic type Safari with Sigilyph, Grumpig and Xatu. please PM me if you decide to add me

Ratchet and Clank 1 LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvNgxP68MA
    Metroid Prime 3 LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q
    Kingdom Hearts 2 LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ur_6oZi8_4
    Ratchet and Clank 2 LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY

Today, I was recording some Tepig SRs, in hopes of getting a shiny on film. I was talking to some friends on msn, saying that I'm never lucky enough to get a live shiny. Then this:

Appeared in White . I am so happy that I got shiny Tepig, and only the day after I bought the game it appeared!

More pics:

Shiny Tepig1
    Shiny Tepig2
    Shiny Tepig, Lonely nature
    Sparkles
    Videos on my youtube channel~

I am so happy that it appeared as quickly as it did. I really didn't want it to be another shiny Oshawott and take forever. I have no idea what my next target in White will be, but I feel like SRing for another shiny Tepig in Pokemon Black. This has totally made my day <3.

Congrats to all new shinies everyone~
    Formerly Storm_Dragoon

Latest Shinies - Omega Ruby:

2380 SRs/RAs

Wow congrats to Storm Dragoon for getting Tepig so early. I have to tell you im insanely jealous right now, as im still SRing away for the exact same target.I'll probably be SRing all day and evening, but I can hope I get it tonight at least. Im also very impatient for my White version to arrive, as it didnt arrive today, but im hoping for it Wednesday at the very earliest in which case I'll also be persuing shiny Snivy. I'll probably breed for Oshawott, I'll have to trade for one though, as I dont have an English one, but a huge Congrats to Storm Dragoon and her Tepig. I cant wait to show my own story.
    Last edited by Aquanova; 7th March 2011 at 11:33 PM.

Sorry for no mascot contest today guys, I got a little too absorbed in Black and White yesterday. It will resume tonight!

Anyways, this is my first post in a while actually regarding shiny hunting! In my English White, I have begun my hunt in Wellspring Cave for a shiny Roggenrola.
    I started it last night and will be continuing it today as well, while playing English Black on the side. (My main focus is Roggenrola though).

I'd say I've done about 500 encounters so far. Its a fifty-fifty chance, I'll either get Roggenrola, or, I'll get Woobat. I don't really want Woobat, but if it shines, hey, I'll catch it definitely. =]

I trained up a Patrat into a Watchog for Illuminate, but, even with Illuminate, I am not getting encounters that fast. Ah well, I WILL find this shiny, I'm not giving up on this one so easy(Piplup).

As I said on MSN, mega congrats S_D on that Tepig!
    Congrats to everyone else as well, and good luck everyone!

Tons of congrats on Tepig! I have been WAY too focussed on B/W to hunt. I didn't get the Japanese copy, so I am really excited. I'm hoping I'll get an RE, since I have both games and go into grass a lot.

I don't know if I posted this yet, but I hit 40 on Hoppips, and after an hour of reseting, my chain broke :/ but I'm way to excited now to care

So no new shinies, hopefully that will change soon! Blanket congrats on all new shinies.
    Happy Hunting!

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ivd3dw.png[/IMG]

Member of the SHINY POKEMON CLUB
    Co-Owner of the POKEMON BREEDING CLUB

Yes! Shiny Kricketune in Rumble! Upload Pics later. But, on a sadder note, I am apparently the only one who has to wait to try for a shiny starter. My copy of White is being held, but I have to wait 'till Saturday until I can get it. I'm still debating on whether or not to play through or get a Shiny Oshawott, leaning toward Oshwott. But congrats on all new Shinies. What makes me think there will be alot of Shiny Tepig soon... Well, good luck to everyone else hunting!
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

Saturday? Ouch man...

I went into EB and it turns out I can get it for the sale price of $58, which is cheap for a Pokemon DS game over here. That means I only need to cough up 3 more dollars. Not that it helps me get my shiny targets easier, I might just hope for random encounters for the time being. it'd suck if the Patrat Prof. Juniper catches ended up shiny...

Anyway, Snivy will be the first target. The method will be by egg(the only method of shiny hunting I haven't been successful on). Pokemon Black and White are just around the corner for us Australians...

...BRING IT ON!
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Okay guys, todays match has just ended! The winner is Zorua!

Today's match is Larvesta VS Bisharp! Whoever wins that match will face Zorua at a later time!

Remember, I will be taking votes in my profile so leave me a VM with your vote please.

Thanks for everyone voting and I am glad to see this has been a success!

If you missed it in my first post, this is the bracket for this tournament to find our mascot! The Bracket

I'll start off by voting Bisharp!

I'm doing this by Eastern Standard Time by the way.

Up to 1,000 encounters in Wellspring Cave~=]

Wow, awesome Storm Dragoon and Cell , big congrats on your shinies
    I love the coloring of that Zebstrika!

I'm still hunting for another shiny on my japanese pokemon white but nothing yet ~_~
    I´m getting really tired of this hunt, why can´t Golett finally shine?
    It´s so cool looking, I´d really like to add a shiny Golurk to my team =/

Thanks for your congrats guys

@ Helio:
    It took quite a lot of resets, I stopped counting when I hit like 800 and that was just after the first month... it took another 3 month to finally appear :O
    That´s a lot by my standarts, especially for the roamers, as you have to search and encounter them everytime you reset to see if they´re shiny

Congratulations on the Tepig and Metapod.

I've finally gotten a jap. Ditto to masuda with in White, but I have a couple of questions about the breeding in White/Black:

-Is it true that you can now use an everstone in combination with Masuda?
    Doesn't this cause problems with the frames? As masuda tests 4 frames per egg and the everstone would have a 50% chance to skip to the next frame with the correct nature?
    Or is it that masuda stayed the same and that the nature has 50% chance to change to the everstoned nature?

Something else I'm wondering about is does the masuda method only work with a foreign and a poké from the original game?
    Example:
    Jap. Ditto with ingame caught Drilbur -> Masuda
    Jap. Ditto with traded Drilbur (different English game) -> Masuda?
    Jap. Ditto with trade Drilbur (French game) -> Masuda?

I'm not hatching for Drilbur, by the way, just the first poké that came to mind.

I'm actually hatching for a Shelmet to evolve into an Accelgor (Amazing shiny, in my opinion). I'm everstoning a Hasty nature on it because it was the best Shelmet I could find at the moment. Haven't made my assortiment of synchro.'s yet.

Also about that, what poké is best to use as a Synchro? I might breed one to get the usefull natures.

Anyway, I wish all of you good luck on your hunts (and random shinies aswell!)

I SoLaR-ScEpTiLe, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

What made you start shiny hunting?
    Besides the Red Gyrados i came across a Shiny Tentacool at Cinebar Island back in Gold..since that day i knew i wanted every Pokemon
    Shiny once in my life

What is your favorite method of hunting?
    I don't really know, i like them all...chaining is cool because the sparkle patch gives me a really great
    feeling

What is your favorite shiny you own?
    Crunchy.Jr my Sceptile...its my pride and im really proud of it

What is your least favorite shiny and why?
    Cubone i think..i dont really like that kind of green somehow

What is the shiny you would like to own?
    I already have my dream shiny..thats my Scepile

What's your best shiny story?
    I was chatting with my boyfriend when he still lived in NZ and i was playing my Pokemon
    Platinum, and i randomly saw a shiny Medicham popped up, i told him and i was all freaked out because
    i like Blue shinies so much<3 I catched and named it after my Boyfriend

It's all happened - What shiny got away from you?
    Shiny Geodude in LG...Selfdestruct on me...=(

If you could change the color of one shiny, which one would it be?
    Zoroark..his hair would be nice if it was light blue and his fur white-ish =D
    Last edited by Littlemyuu; 9th March 2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: the questionare..
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    -Is it true that you can now use an everstone in combination with Masuda?

Something else I'm wondering about is does the masuda method only work with a foreign and a poké from the original game?
    Example:
    Jap. Ditto with ingame caught Drilbur -> Masuda
    Jap. Ditto with traded Drilbur (different English game) -> Masuda?
    Jap. Ditto with trade Drilbur (French game) -> Masuda?
    To answer your questions, Cell:

1. Yes, the Everstone (As well as the bands to transfer IVs) do work with the Masuda Method. I know several people who attempted and while MMing had plenty of Pokemon with the same nature as the Everstone holder, AND hatching a shiny with the nature too.

2. All of those would work, except maybe for the last one. I'm not sure if a parent HAS to be of the native game or not.

Just to let you guys know, unfortunately Zabi's computer died, so again the Mascot voting is on hold for right now. Please be patient, we'll get it back on track soon!
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast