Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1874

Thread: The Shiny Hunter's Club

Welcome to the club ryodragonite! Good luck on the Buizel! You'll get more patience as you go about hunting.

As for the Hunter of the Month, at the moment, Keruso is in the lead with seven. I am going to wait another day or two to announce who the winner is, because I believe Cutty Flam has eight and I want to make sure everyone gets a fair shot at announcing how many they got last month.

Congrats on the Kabuto, Heliotrope!

As for me; Still SRing for Ho-oh. Oh my goodness, I am over 15,000 Soft Resets. I never thought it would take this long, but it sure is! I don't mind, but, I just wish it would show up already, haha! Been hunting it for 15 days straight with nothing yet. Hopefully it won't take that much longer, I found yet another new target(I got like 823354 different targets at the moment) I really want to hunt, but I need to get Ho-oh to hunt it first.

Well, good luck everyone!

Well I have a few things to post this time!

First of all congrats to all from this post to my last post on your shinies.

Second, last night at around 11 P.M I was extremely bored of hunting for charmander on my firered for about 2-3 weeks now at an estimate of about 30,000 SR's so sad to say I gave up on shiny charmander.

However! At the same time I started playing through my fire red I started a RE hunt on route 11 on my white version going for a shiny zangoose and after a short 48 encounters I found myself face to face with a shiny seviper.

Pictures will be posted as soon as I can find the cord from my phone to the computer.

Now, I have two questions I have asked this once with no reply... Can I join the circuit even though it is this late in the competition

Also, where can I find a random name generator for pokemon.

Hey guys~

First off, congrats to:

SoulDew on Blitzle
    Charizardmaster#1 on Bidoof
    JolteonJordan on Throh and Rufflet, YOU FINALLY GOT IT! :3
    Completely Insanity on Rufflet aswell
    Nakashima on Totodile
    Pucca_ness on Suicune
    Pamizard on Pawniard and Axew
    Helio on Archen and Kabuto
    Missingno. Master on Rufflet
    ShyniHunter on Chikorita
    NinjaJesus on Cyndaquil
    Keruso on Tympole and your second Patrat
    TehShinyHunter on Zangoose

---------------------

Oh, Zabi made me an awesome Shiny Card, it's under the spoiler in my signature, so check it out! =D
    And don't bother spamming him with requests, he owed me something so yeah xD

As for my hunts:

I got Relicanth as my swarm in SS.
    Since I'm using the same files, I'm dual hunting it.
    I keep the swarm by changing the time right before I start hunting each day, I just set it a minute forward and that way the swarm won't change =3

I'm also trying very hard to reclaim my lost Nidorino from 5 years ago in FR.
    I actually hunted for one using a lv 31 pokemon and repels so I only found Nidorino and Nidorina (more Rino's). However, it fled after throwing a Safari Ball.

Now I'm using a level 30 mon and repels, in a different area.
    All I find is Nidoran M, Nidorino, Nidorina and Venomoth.
    Thanks to the repels, the encounter rates for them are now:

Nidoran M - 50%
    Nidorino - 25%
    Nidorina - 12,5%
    Venomoth - 12,5%

I'm pretty sure I'll get Nidoran M which should be captured easily.
    If not, I probably get Nidorino, I just hope I can catch it this time.

I have 2 reasons why I hunt it in FR:

1) I lost it in this game, so I want to reclaim it here.
    2) I LOVE Shiny Nidoking's sprite in FR.

I'm also doing some Headbutts in SS on the Taillow tree.
    The other pokemon at that tree is Exeggcute which I also want.

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Pokerealm; 2nd May 2011 at 8:23 AM.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Hey everyone, last time I posted was to talk about my Litwick, named Caketop. I'd like to say congratulations to everybody that recently got shinies, in the first place. Then, I'll have to add something.

I don't think I should post abount hunts I actually do, until they're over, but well, that's me. Maybe it'll end up in some other way, who knows? The thing is, today is the day I found my second shiny. (I'm still new at this!)

I've been hunting for a Solosis, having in mind to call it "Dujero" (Sounds like a Japanese guy saying Jello, that's why I decided to take this specific name.)

This morning, as I was getting back in front of my PC, I thought of hunting a bit, random encounters and stuff.

It took three Random Encounters.

The only thing is that it has a "Lonely" nature, but hey, who cares? It's a shiny!

Spoiler:- Here is... Dujero!:

That's pretty much it at the moment.

I'll probably start SRing Totodile, I guess, after a race with K'sa, and two of my friends!

Quite a quick hunt this one, but after Cobalion which took over 12,000SRs it was most welcome!

Everstone worked so he is Timid natured, IVs seem okay 25-28's.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ndmyd3.jpg[/IMG]

edit: damn, totally forgot that rule.. as this was definitely not spam it didn't even run through my mind! (I'll fill it up now anyway to abide by the rules)

Working on a shiny Solosis now, don't expect it to be quite as quick as Cottonee but here is hoping! Can't believe how much quicker MMing is compared to SRing, I know the odds are far greater but still... I am also still SRing Terrakion, out of the trio he is by far my favourite but I do plan to get them all in their shiny variants.
    Last edited by Marvs; 2nd May 2011 at 7:22 PM.
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvs View Post
    Quite a quick hunt this one, but after Cobalion which took over 12,000SRs it was most welcome!

Everstone worked so he is Timid natured, IVs seem okay 25-28's.
    Uh, rules. 4 sentences per post minimum. Follow them please. You get a strike. Congrats and congrats on the cottonee.

Anyways~ I RETURN WITH NEWS! Of the shiny variety!

So~ I've been hunting on Route 9 and a couple days ago I decided to just start hunting there on both my japanese games. And thus, I headed to Route 9 on my japanese black and began to hunt. Not too long after....BAM! A shiny Minccino appeared in a double battle with a wonderful sparkle! After two shotting the wild Garbodor accompanying it with my level 71 Celebi (wtf) I chucked a premier ball at the little fluffball and captured it! It's female with a Brave Nature and technician as its ability which makes me quite happy. She'll be evolving as I already have another shiny Minccino from using the Masuda Method waaay back last year. I named her Silk~

Of course, I took pictures.

Spoiler:- Pics under da spoila~:

And that's all the news I got for now. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

hi guys, you may think i was inactive, the thing is, i was training for vgc, so no shiny hunting in my white is being done.HOWEVER, my pearl is still acive as a shiny hunter and i'm right now sring for uxie, then azelf. after that, mespirit. i have a question fo you, though: can i just save in the route in which mespirit is in, and if it doesn't shine, i just sr to the start of the route again? or do i have to save in front of mespirit, let it run off, find it, and if it's not shiny, reset in the cave? thanks, and well done to all the shinies in 10 long pages!!!!!
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Default Shiny Lillipup Get!

I have returned with a shiny!

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/161jk46.jpg[/IMG]

That's right, the first shiny in my Badge Quest is a female Lillipup! LSA, you were right, it looks a lot different.

I jumped a mile when the sparkles went off. I'm home sick today, and she appeared on exactly the 1300th RE (incidentally, this is my longest completed hunt to date. I'm really lucky.)

I'll post Evo pics later. Impish nature, not great but not horrid. Also not the shiny I wanted, so I won't bother EVing her. I'm glad she came so fast; she came while I was triple hunting on Black, White, and HG all for different things (which I will keep a secret for now. 2 pics under the spoiler!

Spoiler:- Lillipup:
    Happy Hunting!

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ivd3dw.png[/IMG]

Member of the SHINY POKEMON CLUB
    Co-Owner of the POKEMON BREEDING CLUB

Ugh! i still dont have that shiny oshawott that i have searched for weeks for!
    im only on my 370th egg but thats cause my school has been on with my homework and clubs and stuff like that so its been hard to fit shiny hunting in!
    I really hope it appears soon. I am so so excited! i just cant wait.
    And well done to all the other shinies that have been caught and hatched!

If anyone wants a banner like this, feel free to ask me.

YAY!!!!!!
    My first random encounter hunt is over, after 2,636 RE's in the dreamyard on earth day my shiny patrat appeared :O i am so happy with him even though he has a relaxed nature cause he is a shiny! I did 2,600 RE's the night before and the next day on the 36th encounter BAM a shiny! also sorry i was on vacation when i found him so i could not post here as soon as i had hoped :/ and he has run away so he will be my super shiny hunter
    now i am SRing for the starters as i just got SS and i am SRing for rayquaza on my ruby since i got a used gameboy i am not counting rayquaza's soft resets just ... because (i dont know why) congrats on all of the new shinys (hoping for some luck as i get into a new hunt
    and ..... thats it
    Last edited by Latios99; 3rd May 2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: i dont know :P
        Spoiler:- my shinys:

Why do people
    talk with every sentence
    on a different line?
    Paragraphs much?

Congrats Doug on Lillipup. That was a pretty fast hunt.

As for me, this is more about me complaining updating you on my Ho-oh hunt. Over 16,000 SRs now. For once, I am getting a bit impatient. That usually doesn't happen for me.

There are a few in real life things going on(that are pretty bad mind you) so I may not post that often for a few days. I'll post when I get Ho-oh obviously, but that is probably it for now. Sorry guys, hope you understand life comes first. :C

I'll still be popping in, etc. So, don't break any rules please. :C

@Arceusvictini: I answered your question on your profile.

Gratz to everyone on y'all shinies. Found shiny Terrakion the other day after just 411 SRs, ill have pics below. It was only my 2nd shiny hunt, was pretty awesome how quick i got it. I'm going after Virizion next to complete the duo leg of teh circuit. whelp good luck on your hunts everyone!

Spoiler:- pics:

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, especially Comprehension with your terrakion!

Well, my last post was some time last month and i still have no new shinies. Over the break i focused on a new hunt (which adds to the other like 50 i have right now) for snivy via masuda method. I hatched 900 eggs over a span of six days, which equals to about 150 eggs a day. Sadly, no shiny hatched and i didnt find a shiny over spring break and now i'm back at shcool X_x. I didn't hunt much other than that over the break besides some groudon srs.

Since i have finals coming up in a couple of weeks i wont be hunting nearly as much and i'll be mainly studying/finishing essays and whatnot. I'll try to post here as often as possible with updates and stuff. If i get any time to hunt (mainly on the weekends) i'll be hunting either groudon on ss or snivy on white.

Good luck to everybody on their hunts!! Especially Zabi with his irl situation and the long hunt with ho-oh!!
    Latest shiny, whirlipede after 11781 random encounters on June 14, 2011

Current Hunts:
    Treecko ~7500 srs

My Youtube account: Shinypokeradar

Hello, everyone, and congratulations to all shinies that I missed, especially the Patrat for I envy the owners of shiny Watchogs.
    I was pretty close when it came to getting the most shinies for the month, but unbelievably, that luck drained after April 10th, boo hoo. I'm afraid I have to buy my 3DS before shiny hunting for this month, which also happens to be the month of my upcoming birthday which is in about two weeks. Virizion and Yanma have to be put off for a few days, I'm afraid.
    I'm still drawing shiny Pokes for people, but still being lazy for PM requests. Sme icky things happened to me today in the forum, but oh well, happy days are up ahead.

Anyways, happy hunting~

I -Totodile-, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

I finally decided to join the new club. I was a member in the previous two club and I've been lurking in this one for a while.

The main reason I've joined is because I started hatching for shiny Snivy yesterday using the Japanese Oshawatt I found on the GTS. After 30 some eggs, I got a shiny Snivy!

Hasty Nature
    Full DS Shot
    Comparison

And it's Hasty natured, which is alright for a Serperior. I've already begun EV training it.

Congrats on all the new shinies guys, some of you have great luck!

I've been random encountering in Pinwheel forest since Friday, started that hunt with the rest of us that do these weekend event hunts. Had no luck so far though, but decided to push trough and see if I can still get lucky. On 4452 encounters now, so hopefully getting close to some sparkles ^^

Aside of that, I've put my MM hunt on hold for a bit while I hunt in the forest. Might get me all fired up to go back to MM later, as I sort of got very tired of hatching eggs after 1120 of them. I wont do anything else when I'm shiny hunting than just that, so you can see how that would get boring after a while.

And I'm thinking I should SR for another shiny starter in my SoulSilver game, now that I've transferred my Totodile to Black. Theres just something about that gens starters that I really like. I'll have to do that somewhere between encountering and hatching eggs though, as I only own 1 DS system and my mother doesnt agree with me robbing a bank to go buy a 3DS. Lame, huh? :')

Just wanted to post an update here, trying to be social and all

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

So here's a pic of the ever so average looking shiny weepinbell I got after about 3000 RE in SS a couple of days ago. He looks so boring so I think ill evolve him into blue lipped victreebell because he looks dope as shiiiiii

Spoiler:- Pic:

Anyway thought id try my luck on unova route 11 tonight and about an hour of REs and shiny rufflet shows up! worst nature but shiny is a shiny is a shiny. (ignore the date, Ive been playing with seasons)

Spoiler:- Pic:

Think ill give REs a break for a while and try and hatch my shiny lickitung or staryu now, both of their shiny forms are out of this world.

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by pipes; 3rd May 2011 at 5:06 PM.

Hi!! First of all, congrats for new shinies! Shiny Suicune is a nice shiny, I like it!!
    As for me, I've been hunting in Kanto, with 3 files, in Mt.Ember, and I've begun a new hunt in Route 8. My target in Mt.Ember is shiny Ponita. In this hunt, I have 3 shinies, Fearow (7510 encounters), Machop (8816 encounters) and Rapidash (1612 encounters), but shiny Ponita hasn't appeared. I've got 7500 encounters for it, no luck. I was hunting with 2 SP's and it's very fast!
    Also I'm hunting in a interesant route in my Fire Red (2). It's the route 8. Growlithe, Ekans, Pidgey and Meowth appear in this area. They are impresionant shinies. I am motivated, because I like Meowth very much, and also I like shiny Growlithe, ekans and pidgey. I've now 2400 encounters for it.

Good luck!!
    My 2011 shinies:

- Shiny Weedle, after 24.816 encounters. (LG1)
    - Shiny Hoppip, after 1.862 encounters. (LG1)
    - Shiny Fearow, after 7.510 encounters. (LG1)
    - Shiny Machop, after 8.816 encounters. (FR1)
    - Shiny Rapidash, after 1.612 encounters. (LG1)

I started hatching for a shiny Munna soon after I last posted. It barely took a few eggs before I started to get really, really irritated. My Musharna/Musharna pairing is producing eggs quicker than my Ditto/Rufflet one but it's still prone to long gaps between eggs. Coupled with Munna's low hatch rate, I usually only had between two and three eggs on the go at once and I kept fully running out of eggs, which bugs the crap out of me!

It took 140+ eggs before my brain started working. :P I dropped my Volcarona for my Rufflet and that sorted things out- 2,560 steps is still fairly quick but gives eggs time to generate. I still have occasional niggles (like getting no eggs before my first hatched) but it's a lot less frustrating and a lot rarer. Anyway, I'm currently at 540 eggs hatched (still unemployed, still have lots of free time). Might hatch some more in a bit as my housemate won't be home for ages.

Reading the 5th Gen. shiny thread, it seems like the next community hunt will be Dragonspiral Tower. I don't care for anything in it, but in the doubles grass outside 3/4 of the Pokémon are ones I wouldn't mind shiny. So I may have a go there. Could be fun; I've never deliberately RE'd a shiny before.

Congrats on new shinies!

Alright, guys, time to address something.

As you know, Zabi is a great banner artist. He's created several nice shiny banners for a few members. But lately people have been requesting banners from him. Alot.

ZABI IS NOT A REQUEST SHOP.

He only created banners for his close friends, people he has known and trusts very well. And yet people he doesn't even KNOW request from him. Those banners take hours, days even to do. Just requesting it without a second thought is VERY inconsiderate, especially now because he's having an IRL issue, and he just doesn't have time to create them anymore. And half the time, those who do request have like 2/3 shinies. That's just really foolish.

Just make your own, for pete's sake. Open up MS paint, get some sprites and a background, and there you go! Heck, the one with ALL my shinies was made in paint!

Also, don't rip off Zabi's banner design. It's HORRIBLE to do that, essentially stealing.
    Last edited by Profile; 3rd May 2011 at 6:07 PM.
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

Okay, I just figured I'd post what my hunts are as of now. Liable to change, but I don't usually update just for that.

Black: Route 8: Shelmet, any will do
    White: Contrary to what I said, due to the longevity of running for REs in Wellspring, Dreamyard: Patrat with Run Away
    HG: Starters: Chickorita
    Ruby: Inspired by G-Money, Mudkip. Going for every SRable in-game before I lose the internal battery.

Okay, so those are my hunts. They could change, but likely not until I get my shinies. By the way, the only hunts I will be counting are the RE ones, as I can't concentrate on 4 games well enough to count SRs. I may decide to substitute an RE hunt for HG SRs, but not likely. I may end up doing 3 simultaeous badge quests. I wish I had a way of knowing how many SRs I was doing, but oh well. At this rate, using all my consoles, I can do very fast hunts. Unfortunately, I cut my Mudkip SR speed in half by Quad Hunting :/ I may find a new hunt and do him on the side. Not likely though.

Until next time, Happy Hunting!

Oh, and @Zabi, I hope all turns out well for you. Thanks for the congrats!
    Happy Hunting!

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ivd3dw.png[/IMG]

Member of the SHINY POKEMON CLUB
    Co-Owner of the POKEMON BREEDING CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Profile View Post
    Alright, guys, time to address something.

As you know, Zabi is a great banner artist. He's created several nice shiny banners for a few members. But lately people have been requesting banners from him. Alot.

ZABI IS NOT A REQUEST SHOP.

He only created banners for his close friends, people he has known and trusts very well. And yet people he doesn't even KNOW request from him. Those banners take hours, days even to do. Just requesting it without a second thought is VERY inconsiderate, especially now because he's having an IRL issue, and he just doesn't have time to create them anymore. And half the time, those who do request have like 2/3 shinies. That's just really foolish.

Just make your own, for pete's sake. Open up MS paint, get some sprites and a background, and there you go! Heck, the one with ALL my shinies was made in paint!

Also, don't rip off Zabi's banner design. It's HORRIBLE to do that, essentially stealing.
    This, this, just so much this...

I'm going to make something clear guys. I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE ANYMORE PEOPLE BANNERS THAN THE PEOPLE I HAVE ALREADY MADE THEM FOR.

So, the only people who have banners I made them are: LordSemaj, Ivyon, Profile, and Pokerealm. I made them for these people because, they are probably my closest friends on Serebii.

I am not some artificial person who you guys can just add me as a friend so I can make you a banner. That isn't how it works. Those banners are a lot of time and effort. My time. My effort. The one I made for Pokerealm? Three straight days of just working on it. Mine? Two days to get the format done.

I know you guys like my banners but, I can't make them for everyone. If I could, I would. But, half the people asking me? I don't even know you. I'm not a robot, I don't just make banners 24/7 like some of you may think.

Especially now. My 85 year old grandma is practically in her death bed right now, I don't have any time for this stress! I have enough of it as is.

As to anyone who decides 'Well, if Zabi can't make one for me, I'll just make one myself.' Well, good for you people. Seriously, its not THAT hard to make something.

But, don't copy my format.

This. This is stealing. You think I appreciate this? Just change the name on the card and put in your shinies? (Although this example hasn't done this yet.) Still. I MADE THAT. What the hell gives you people the right to just take something I made? You think I enjoy you people stealing my stuff? Hell no. It took me hours to make that, and your just going to take my banner for yourself? Sorry, that doesn't roll with me...

I probably sound like the biggest douchebag right now but, honestly, I am just fed up with it. I really am.
    /club rant over

In other news...SRing for Ho-oh... Going to reach 17,000 SRs today. (I do about a thousand a day if you guys wanted to know.)

Good luck everyone.

I COME WITH MY ORDER OF.......
    http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...t=4ecb5373.jpghttp://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...t=4ecb5373.jpg
    Shiny bacon!!!!!!!!!
    Yes! After some eggs( around 1500?) I got him. I congratulate everyone. I want to ask, what is the probability of finding a shiny in a shaking patch? Is it still the normal? And directed to zabi, do you use MS paint for those shiny cards? I love bacon. Heh heh. Good luck with your hunts guys!
    White friend code: 0260 9599 2029

credit to PokemonRoss for the amazing banner!!! thx!

I'd like to join the club!
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionvsworld View Post
    I'd like to join the club!
    Please read the first post and join correctly. When you do, you will recieve a strike for breaking the club rules with this post.

Congrats on all the recent shinies guys.

I'm hatching 120 Bouffalant eggs just for the heck of it at the moment. Once they all hatch and don't shine I'll be back on route 10 for more RE goodness. I've also been SRing Snivy a bit. I don't expect it for a while...but darn would a shiny be nice.

Good luck to everyone hunting! Especially Zabs. You can get that ho-oh dude!

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast