109 23.44%
  • Pearlshipping

107 23.01%
  • Negaishipping

46 9.89%
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ash shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Thanks, & yes I am aware. Just ignore those people who say that because they sure don't influence me. And you're absolutely right, nostalgia isn't just a major role that plays with Pokeshipping, It's also hints, cuteness, fanart, pictures & fanfiction!
    That's nothing. You have to consider fans, songs, dialogues, events, attitude... So much stuff.

But yeah, I kinda do agree with lokoduro. I mean, it's like half the people who voted just voted because of nostalgia, which makes me really sad since, well, you know. And it's like people are trying to push away newer ships like NegaiShipping just because it's not from the golden days of Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    That's nothing. You have to consider fans, songs, dialogues, events, attitude... So much stuff.

But yeah, I kinda do agree with lokoduro. I mean, it's like half the people who voted just voted because of nostalgia, which makes me really sad since, well, you know. And it's like people are trying to push away newer ships like NegaiShipping just because it's not from the golden days of Pokémon.
    Well I named what was on the top of my head, we have no songs of them 2 together singing, i'm totally disregarding english because those don't count they are cute but no. dialogues? events? attitude? I don't understand it's vague. It could be nostalgia or the fact that it's their fave ship? I don't think you're aware that Pokeshipping has been supported by many fans of the Pokémon anime. In the early years, It was the most popular ship in the fandom; it still maintains a strong following to this day though. Along with the other ships that are in this poll. So I don't see how Negaishipping is being pushed maybe people don't like Iris which has nothing to do with the ship itself.

Well why else do you agree with him? I bet if the poll was Pearl>Advanced>Negai>Poke, he would be silent like an empty street. Please excuse the imagery, whilst trying to prove my point.
    Last edited by Blessed; 30th March 2012 at 1:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    @FlameMistress: same thinking.
    I won't lose myself to nostalgia or teasing=love.
    What are we talking about again? So we have to choose one of the four on the poll and not anything else? Is that what you're talking about?

My ideal battle ever!

Well I named what was on the top of my head, we have no songs of them 2 together singing, i'm totally disregarding English because those don't count they are cute but no. dialogues? events? attitude? I don't understand it's vague. It could be nostalgia or the fact that it's their fave ship? I don't think you're aware that Pokeshipping has been supported by many fans of the Pokémon anime. In the early years, It was the most popular ship in the fandom; it still maintains a strong following to this day though. Along with the other ships that are in this poll. So I don't see how Negaishipping is being pushed maybe people don't like Iris which has nothing to do with the ship itself.

Well why else do you agree with him? I bet if the poll was Pearl>Advanced>Negai>Poke, he would be silent like an empty street. Please excuse the imagery, whilst trying to prove my point.
    For lord's flipping sake, that was meant to be humorous. No need to immaturely blow your fuse over it. I don't even have an idea what you're talking about. People these days...

Seriously, calm down. It is true that it seems like people are pushing newer ships away, he has a point. To be honest, I think he'd be quiet if the poll was Poké > Negai > Advance > Pearl or something like that. It's about bias here.

For lord's flipping sake, that was meant to be humorous. No need to immaturely blow your fuse over it. I don't even have an idea what you're talking about. People these days...

Seriously, calm down. It is true that it seems like people are pushing newer ships away, he has a point. To be honest, I think he'd be quiet if the poll was Poké > Negai > Advance > Pearl or something like that. It's about bias here.
    But I'm not infuriated or being immature about it I'm just saying the truth. & why can't you just be happy supporting your fave ship? you don't need to be concerned with what other people like or whatever the reason is which could be nostalgia. Just keep calm & carry on.

But I'm not infuriated or being immature about it I'm just saying the truth. & why can't you just be happy supporting your fave ship? you don't need to be concerned with what other people like or whatever the reason is which could be nostalgia. Just keep calm & carry on.
    I don't think going completely ballistic and ranting just because I said that I look into dialogue, attitude, songs, etc can exactly be considered mature, y'know.

I don't think going completely ballistic and ranting just because I said that I look into dialogue, attitude, songs, etc can exactly be considered mature, y'know.
    Oh ma'am that's beside the point, I'm saying that I didn't understand what you meant by those 3 things because they could fit in with hints. (if it's original of course.) And we were just having a fun little debate but instead you're making personal remarks about me as a user.

Oh ma'am that's beside the point, I'm saying that I didn't understand what you meant by those 3 things because they could fit in with hints. (if it's original of course.) And we were just having a fun little debate but instead you're making personal remarks about me as a user.
    That fun little debate unfortunately died when you went ballistic.

Actually, I don't really ship Ash with anybody.. but if I *had* to pick one of them, it'd probably be May. I just love her character, (not that I don't the others) & I could see those two going beyond friendship, & being on a fairly stable relationship (as opposed to Misty fighting with him every so often, etc)...

But I don't have an official one, simply cause he's never really "gotten" the danged idea that a girl likes him. =P

As for pairing the others up which seems to be common here:

I am simply *not* a MayxDrew person, couldn't stand him from the second he showed up, & still can't. I've also never been fond of love-hate, OR rival pairings for that matter... I don't really have a ship for May, unless Tyson had shown interest that I might've missed otherwise..

Dawn is with Barry in my mind, you can blame the video games on that bit. I've never seen (nor plan to) the D&P series, so I can't exactly vote in that matter, but if its anything close to their DPPt relationship, I'm all for it.

Iris... again, same issue as Twinleaf, but what little I do know, I wouldn't complain if they did pair these two up.. so I'm gonna say Cilian with Iris.
    Last edited by NekoGirl001; 30th March 2012 at 1:45 AM.

That fun little debate unfortunately died when you went ballistic.
    >Implying that I'm ballistic.

I'll find it flattering though.

>Implying that I'm ballistic.

I'll find it flattering though.
    Which you are.

Oh, and you're welcome.

I'm a Timeshipper. I know it's not on the list but if I'm afraid if I pick one on the list that I might be targeted next.

My ideal battle ever!

@Angel~: Look,I am WIshful and a Pearlshipper,so I could be just like Pokeshippers on youtube and say that Negai sux:I did the opposite,I am defending Negai because every shipping has some credit,if it is not the old days shipping...well Idc,it has to be a nice shipping,not the classic one.
    Pokeshipping still has that huge support because it is the classic one,even people that don't even watch the anime are always like "Misty and Ash omg they are already dating and kissing and loloolol"
    But in fact,Pokeshipping has hints,just like Advanced,Pearl and Negai....being the first or being the most followed doesn't mean it has to be 4x better than Negai,3x than Pearl and 2x than Advanced.
    People do that.If they don't like Iris,they will not like Negai...it is just the way it works.
    And sorry,at least if the poll was Negai>Advanced>Poke>Pearl,I would be sad...but at least it would prove that people actually consider the shipping before hating it.
    To finish:you don't need to get mad just because we have a song...FlameMistress meant to expand the shipping aspect of all shippings,she was not referring to Pearl vs Poke.It seems you get annoyed at Pearl so that you run into conclusions before considering what she really meant.

@FlameMistress:Totally agree.There is much more in shipping than looking to it and searching for canon status.And why OS needs to be the golden days?AG,DP and BW....all of them had/have some amazing moments.It is most unfortunate that,in fact,everyone consider this to be the golden age(I'm saying you got a point there,it sounded confusing sorry : S )

@Caseydia:Actually I don't see any problem in including other shippings here.It is not as if the 4 should be considered the superiors or anything...
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Doesn't matter which one you pick, you're always being targeted by someone. /jk

And wise words, loko. It's true. More people are beginning to ship Poké just because it's the 'classic' than for actual hints.
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 30th March 2012 at 2:07 AM.

The main message I'm getting from this little discussion here is: "Please close this thread, Skiyomi! We don't want it anymore!" If that's not the case then I suggest the tone of this conversation get a lot friendlier and more accepting and soon. That means no more thinly (or thickly) veiled insults at people who ship something besides you, no more rash generalizations about an entire group of shippers and no more of you suddenly getting to decide that someone's reason among the vast assortment of reasons that people can have to ship something is suddenly irrelevant. This is happening on both sides and it's gotta end.

tl;dr: All of you, chill pills now or lose the thread.

Actually I would say that hints are little matter...even if Pearl has nice ones,what I really like is that they were so caring for each other.It is not a "hint" from an episode,it is what they did in every episode...it is Pearlshipping growth.It was consistent growth,every little episode was a step.
    @Skyiomi:I will shut up.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

*swallows chill pills* Aaaaand done.

As I've said before, hints aren't everything, regardless of what shipping it is. You just patiently watch their relationship develop, look for the feelings they have for each other, you know. After all, think about in real life; you don't always go around throwing hints at your romantic interest, do you? In almost all ships, they're keeping it onside, keeping it natural. So the relationship actually grows.

for me pearlshipping is the most strongest of Ash's shippings

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I love your sig :
    Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    pearlshipping,I love that shipping ^^
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

But it should be this:

Misty might have given him a lure
    May might have given him a ribbon

Sorry, Grammar Nazi here. ^^; They need more slogans like this. Make the shipping world happy.

I think Advancedshipping is one of my favorites. Due to May's soft kind personality and Ash's outgoing hero-like character, I think they make a good couple. May was not pushy or controlling, and I think that Ash was more of a teaching figure, always looking out for her, making them able to work well together. It just seems like the two was always occupied with other things. No biggie.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UDI View Post
    for me pearlshipping is the most strongest of Ash's shippings
    Same here...it just felt really close
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

@FlameMistress: Actually I see no redudant part if you put kasumi,haruka and hikari.xDDDDD
    if that is why you corrected,obviously(sorry brazilian >,< )
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Out of the ones up top, I like Advancedshipping too. I also enjoy Kodakshiiping even more because it seems more current. I like that Ash gets all up in Trip's face for battles but is he really doing that for another reason?

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    Out of the ones up top, I like Advancedshipping too. I also enjoy Kodakshiiping even more because it seems more current. I like that Ash gets all up in Trip's face for battles but is he really doing that for another reason?
    Then what about ComaShipping? It's basically the same.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast