109 23.44%
  • Pearlshipping

107 23.01%
  • Negaishipping

46 9.89%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ash shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I don't know why, but I like Pokeshipping (and no, I'm not an oldie, I first got into pokemon when 4th gen came out). I have absolutely no idea how I came to support Pokeshipping.

One ship I absolutely HATE is Advanceshipping. Ash and May... well, it's not the most pleasant idea for me. No offence to Advanceshippers.

As for Negaishipping, I like Wishfulshipping more, and Dawn, um, this might sound weird, but I decided to pair her up with Brock after seeing them crazydancing to distract the psyduck.
    Wow that's actually pretty cool IMO (it amused me very much) especially after Dawn and Brock got bashed for never interacting throughout DP

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

I prefer Pearlshipping. I was never into any sorts of Pokemon shippings until I watched DP and I saw that Ash and Dawn were a really good team together. ^_^ I think they'd be cute together. <3

I was going to run in here and shout "NONE!" but... after a split-second of hard thinking, I'm going to go the nostalgic route and say Misty.

Everyone and their dog was a Pokéshipper back in the day, and, even though it's far from being my favorite pairing today, it still holds a spot in my heart. Misty has always been my favorite female, because I can relate to her the easiest, and there's always been something about the other 3 that bugs me. Heck, even Team Rocket was supportive of them. You could say it was played up on purpose, especially concerning the dub, but, really, I liked their chemistry very much, and Misty's influence still pops up from time to time, even now.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Misty's influence? The character hasn't appeared in an episode since way back in 2005 and over two generations ago. Unless you mean a brief lure appearance from back in 2007.

I am going to say no shipping at this point. Misty may never appear in an episode ever again and the other girls all have their supporting ships. I think Takeshi Shudo said he gave up on shipping mid Johto.

i ship ash with may,iris, wendy, and sakura
    Made by skyomi

Jesus, Misty is massacring this poll.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I am going to say no shipping at this point. Misty may never appear in an episode ever again and the other girls all have their supporting ships. I think Takeshi Shudo said he gave up on shipping mid Johto.
    He might have given up shipping, but it was certaintly a big point in May's storyline after he left.

Dawn has a supporting ship since when? She seemed platonic with everyone. Though, they tried to force some crap with Kenny at the very last minute.

I don't really ship Ash with anyone, or ship much in general. But, I can admit when a pairing looks nice. Ash, and all the main girls individually have their own charms I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    He might have given up shipping, but it was certaintly a big point in May's storyline after he left.
    Shudo was the main writer of the original series, he said he gave up on shipping early into Johto because he didn't want the anime to be about love.

This is why Pokeshipping hints came to a halt during the Johto days, and barely appeared at all besides a few episodes.

As for May's storyline, the Contests were easily to put a romance subplot into since they were aimed at girls.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Shudo was the main writer of the original series, he said he gave up on shipping early into Johto because he didn't want the anime to be about love.

This is why Pokeshipping hints came to a halt during the Johto days, and barely appeared at all besides a few episodes.

As for May's storyline, the Contests were easily to put a romance subplot into since they were aimed at girls.
    That makes sense now, lol, i was gonna say earlier that it wouldnt make any sense if shipping was supposed to be gone entirely and then they have this guy who constantly gives may roses and they're blushing about each other all the time...so yeah that makes sense now xD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Pokeshipping, definitely. I've been a Pokeshipper for 11 years and that won't change even if Misty never appears on the show again.
    Maggots of Society: Chapter One Up!

Twins with Sike Saner! She loves to stay in the shadows.

Advanceshipping- Ash and May learned quite a bit from each other, and the Manaphy Movie was PURE advanceshipping (Luvdisc scene, when Ash puts May into the capsule), and Ash and May, no matter how much they fight, always seem to make up. Misty bullies Ash a lot, she seems to fall more into the older sister category, Dawn into the "Best Friend, Sister" category. May seems to be the only different one, and Iris looks a lot like Misty- constantly bagging on Ash's decisions, ect..I always found pairing Dawn with an OC was the way to go, and I despise ContestShipping, and IkariShipping, so all the better! (No offence)
    What I'm Currently Working On:

Destiny of the Aura. An Advanceshipping FanFic!

Creds to BrutakaBlaziken for the outstanding banner! // Proud Advanceshipper and looking like a Amourshipper!

Had to go with pokeshipping because Ash and Misty just felt so close. Dawn also seemed to have a close bond with Ash but not quite like Misty did. As for May, it just seemed to me that she forgot Ash was there half the time, and she was obviously more into Drew. For now it's too early to tell what kind of relationship Ash will have with Iris so no opinion on that. Pokeshipping FTW.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I went with Pearlshipping. I don't know, I just feel like there was something special between Dawn and Ash that wasn't in the other girls' relationships with him.
    Idk, it's just my opinion.
    YouTube Channel | FanFiction Profile

Proud Supporter of Pearlshipping!! (: and
    Contestshipping | Wishfulshipping | Egoshipping | Oldrivalshipping | Specialshipping

Pearlshipping. (:

Even though it didn't go far with the romance, I still find it to be the most simple, cute and inspirational of all the other Ash centered ships. It's their bond I value the most.

Poke and Negai are fun with the bickering, and Advance didn't really have much going for it other than the few hints here and there (besides, May had Drew).

I'm generally OK with all Ash ships, but Pearl seems so...right. (:

SatoKasu.

Pretty much the only TachiShipping I ever supported in the anime. Kasumi's a cute tsundere and Satoshi looks like Red. I foresee perfectly bred babies. Now make them.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 5th April 2011 at 9:29 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

I'm on the fence on all Ash/Satoshi ships. So, I'm kinda in need of informed recommendation.

Should I really choose one and get with a fandom to make up my mind? Or should I just continue going back and forth every time a new female companion appears, never to settle on anything?

Each have their particular, strong pros and cons...

PokeShipping: Pro - First to travel together, have saved each others lives at one point or another.
    Con - First male/female dynamic in the series, giving the writers excuse to work them over as much as they could with the short amount of time they thought they had until the series' original end.

AdvanceShipping: Pro - First female to need Ash/Satoshi in her journey development, both the first to go through a region collecting badges/ribbons in their respective competitions.
    Con - Their time as student-teacher (the strongest bond they shared) would have eventually ended, and the (first) rival ship is strongest in terms of overall support and evidence.

PearlShipping: Pro - Both have very similar personalities in their determination and aspirations, both have shared and gained several competitive skills in learning from each other.
    Con - A rival ship has been made near-canon (in dub), and their final goodbye was not as strong as it could've been.

NegaiShipping, however, has barely begun. Comparisons have been made between Iris and Misty/Kasumi, but that could be counted as a pro or con. That's a matter of opinion.

...Someone wanna help me? Before this thing may be taken down...
    Last edited by Ashton Nauran; 5th April 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton Nauran View Post
    PearlShipping: Pro - Both have very similar personalities in their determination and aspirations, both have shared and gained several competitive skills in learning from each other.
    Con - A rival ship has been made near-canon (in dub), and their final goodbye was not as strong as it could've been.
    What rival ship has been made "near Cannon"? I hope you're not referring to Kenny. Just because in the dub she called him handsome ( or cool, in the jap version.) doesn't mean she is suddenly in love with him or anything. It's pretty one-sided on Kenny's part. Unless proven otherwise. All we have to go on is her "cool" comment. People call others "cool" all the time, so I don't really see any signs of her being interested in him. Most of his appearances she seemed annoyed, or just friendly with him. Dawn didn't have a romantic interest in him, or anybody else really.

At any rate, May has been shown to be interested in Drew. Misty did show a interest in Ash, but it didn't amount to anything in the 13+ years of this show. Iris, is really too soon to tell.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 5th April 2011 at 11:28 PM.

Everyone pretty much compliments each other with the word kakkoii in the Japanese version. It really doesn't mean anything. Guys do it with each other, people do it to their Pokemon.

And lol, someone edited my post even though I was just joking. Wouldn't purposely offend fellow shippers of my anime OTP. >_>
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Kasumi's a cute tsundere and Satoshi looks like Red. I foresee perfectly bred babies. Now make them.
    Lol, yes, Kasumi is an adorable tsundere, and Satoshi is so dense it makes the couple all the cuter (the fact that one won't admit their feelings and the other is oblivious to it makes the couple happening all the more desirable). Although Red is a flirt in the manga, right?

Anyways, I just wish Satoshi and Kasumi ended up together, they were the cliche best friends who would get together at the end of the series, since there was only supposed to be one season and movie, and at that point Kasumi was Satoshi's only love interest...After that their hints only increased in the 2nd season which could lead to the belief that they were still going to have them end up together but then as someone said before, one of the writers gave up on shipping during the Jhoto series, unfortunately

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Quote Originally Posted by blondekid15 View Post
    Lol, yes, Kasumi is an adorable tsundere, and Satoshi is so dense it makes the couple all the cuter (the fact that one won't admit their feelings and the other is oblivious to it makes the couple happening all the more desirable). Although Red is a flirt in the manga, right?
    Red's Electric Tale of Pikachu counterpart, Satoshi, is a sort of a flirt, but Red from Pokemon Special is more similar to Satoshi from the anime when it comes to love. He has two girls on him (arguably three, which includes Kasumi, Yellow, and maybe Blue) and he doesn't do anything about it. He's not as oblivious to love as Satoshi is, but he's just as incompetent and uncaring as Satoshi. Heck, Manga PokeShipping is pretty much the same as PokeShipping, only Kasumi's feelings for Red are stated outright internally and she doesn't get angry at Red like she does with Satoshi in the anime (since her manga counterpart isn't a tsundere).

However, Red from the games is too cool to flirt with girls. They flirt with him.

Anyways, I just wish Satoshi and Kasumi ended up together, they were the cliche best friends who would get together at the end of the series, since there was only supposed to be one season and movie, and at that point Kasumi was Satoshi's only love interest...After that their hints only increased in the 2nd season which could lead to the belief that they were still going to have them end up together but then as someone said before, one of the writers gave up on shipping during the Jhoto series, unfortunately
    Well, at least people won't be disappointed when another ship comes true and the one they prefer doesn't. :P I think it works out better that way.

The first movie thing is debatable, but it does seem that way from the trailer, depending on how you view it.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 6th April 2011 at 9:02 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Advanceshipping.

May and Ash are the best!
    Advanceshipper

Pokemon White FC: 4169 4118 1297

What do we call AshXJessie?

Advanceshipping. I hate Dawn and Iris, and Misty and Ash seem to cliche for some reason.
    True Pokemon fans don't HAVE a signature.

ADV all the way!!!! I have loved this pairing ever since I saw the first episode with May in it. They just click for me, I really don't know why.

This is coming from a girl who grew up thinking Ash and Misty would make the best couple (before I knew shippings existed). But when I watched the AG I just love their little moments.

Ash and May look perfect for each other and the teacher/student relationship was also a great add. Ash actually knew more then someone at the beginning of a journey- and could use that knowledge to help them. The fact that he helped change May's total opinion about Pokemon pushed this pair on me too.

I DISLIKE with a PASSION Contestshiupping- Drew just seems too harsh, if I was in May's position I would hate it if he insulted me on a back-to-back basis then handed me a rose. It doesn't make up for anything that would have come out of his mouth minutes/hours/days before or after I get that rose.

I can support Poke/Pearl/Negai because I can see how these pairings are represented- I mean there isn't much I can argue with anyway, I DO NOT want any fights. But on ther other hand- like other people, clearly, I don't take other shipping hints as seriosuly (a few maybe, but not a lot at all)

That's it...I didn't need this much info in here...I don't think...but anyway, that's my opinion.

~ADV~
    May Fanfiction.net Profile:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1758036/

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster
    What do we call AshXJessie?
    Redshipping.

Next time use What's This Ship Called, please.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

POKESHIPPING of course!

Ash and Misty, together forever.

Anyway I also beleive in

Contestshipping (May and Drew)

WishfulShipping (Iris and Cilan)

and whatever Dawn and Kenny are.
    Quote of the moment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwindstudios View Post
    Theoretically, In order for garchomps and pidgeots to fly at the speed of sound, (Let's include sonic the hedgehog into this to...) they need to consume over 5 1/2 MILLION calories a day!
    Bow to the Dual-Weilding Key of Destiny
    Roxas:Claimed

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast