View Poll Results: Which Start Wil You Choose?

Voters
1823. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snivy

656 35.98%
  • Tepig

414 22.71%
  • Oshawott

753 41.31%
Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Hybrid View

Default Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

To stop the constant creation of threads like this, I shall make an official one.
    As the title asks, which among the Unova starters will you be journeying with?

#495. Snivy. [More info here.]
    :: Type: Grass
    :: Ability: Overgrow/Perversity (Dream World)
    :: Evolution Chain: Snivy >> Servine (Lv17) >> Serperior (Lv36)
    :: Base Stats: HP (45), Attack (45), Defense (55), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (55), Speed (63)

#498. Tepig. [More info here.]
    :: Type: Fire
    :: Ability: Blaze/Thick Fat (Dream World)
    :: Evolution Chain: Tepig >> Pignite (Lv17) >> Emboar (Lv36)
    :: Base Stats: HP (65), Attack (63), Defense (45), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (45), Speed (45)

#501. Oshawott. [More info here.]
    :: Type: Water
    :: Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor (Dream World)
    :: Evolution Chain: Oshawott >> Dewott (Lv17) >> Samurott (Lv36)
    :: Base Stats: HP (55), Attack (55), Defense (45), Sp. Attack (63), Sp. Defense (45), Speed (45)

You can share your reasons as to why you'd pick it.
    And feel free to share what its nickname gonna be.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

For black, Oshawott, because I always choose the Water starter on my first run. And for white, Tepig, because my friend chooses Snivy. That way we have all 3 starters.
    STEEL TYPE SAFARI
    Ferroseed, Forretress, Excadrill
    5155 - 3555 - 6383~

I'm gonna choose Oshawott although I will also be using Snivy and Tepig.

i think i will go with snivy and oshawott in black and tepig in white
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Tepig. So far I have always chosen the Fire starter, and the other two have much worse movepools. It also means I dont need to find a space for a fighting type. (I need a solid fighting type in all of my teams as I had a terrible experience in HG when my only fighting moves were Focus Blast on Typhlosion and Ampharos and really struggled because my team was bad in general.)
    He is also the best starter when it comes to gyms doing great against the second, third and seventh gyms, while Snivy is good in one gym and Dewott is good in one too.
    So yeah, suitable typing, more effective at gyms, better movepool and I like his design better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Snivy all the way. I'm usually a Water-type person, but Snivy just appeals to me so much. I love snakes, and nature, and the color green, and... yeah.

It shall be male, and its nickname shall be Jeremy.

Oshawott, it's got my favourite final evolution of the 3 and the last time I chose the water starter was in Silver.

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

I am picking Oshawott! Oshawott is my favorite out of the starters. It is just so awesome! I really like Samurott so I can't wait to have my own. It is an awesome water type and I havn't chose a water starter on my first time before. I want to have an awesome adventure with my Oshawott. I am going to name mine Aqua.

I think Tepig cause it have a great atack and hp stat in it last evolution and great movepool

I'm picking Oshawott, because it appeals to me more than the others do. I usually pick the water starter. It shall be nicknamed Triton. My second choice would be Tepig, however.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 22nd February 2011 at 1:51 PM.

I'll pick Snivy in my white version. Just because I like the last form of that Pokémon.
    And there's another reason. I wanted to choose Snivy or Oshawott in my japanese black version. I chose Oshawott. So now I want to see the adventure with Snivy.
    Oshawott is a good choice too. I learned him TM (like surf and cascade).

I don't like Tepig final form... So it is why I don't hesitate between Snivy and Tepig
    Thank to wafiazizul and GameMaster0000!
    ありがとう chemistryfreak!
    Danke Girathommy!
    Thanks iqgoldmine for the Ditto!

Tepig. I like the Fire Type Starters from all Generations (even though I like the Treecko Line better than the Torchic Line) Also, my brother is choosing Oshawott, and we could get each other Starter's Data in our PokeDex. Hopefully one of my friends will choose Snivy.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I chose Oshawott on my Japan Black. So I will go with Tepig for my White. I won't pick Snivy due to it's Awful movepool.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Probably gunna pick Smugleaf since I love the design for the 1st and 2nd evo and its stats arent bad but I dont like its last evo much so i might just not evolve it on its second stage =p

Default Snivy

Quote Originally Posted by LeviNifty View Post
    Probably gunna pick Smugleaf since I love the design for the 1st and 2nd evo and its stats arent bad but I dont like its last evo much so i might just not evolve it on its second stage =p
    cool, i thought i was the only one who thought that!
    I bet if the 5th gen where the first gen, and the first gen where this one, everyone would say it became kiddy and suckish, just tired of hearing those stupid negative comments!~GKJG September 13th 2010.

[SIZE="3"]GKJG: I mostly battle.
    Pkmn SS fc=3782-1478-1774.
    My favorite pkmn are: and most importantly !

Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.
    I agree completely with this statement.

Kevin Durant is now a Pokemon.

Oshawott.
    I liked it from the start and did never think it was a rip-off of Piplup(luckely people stopped that). I think it looks both cute and cool. Water is also my favorite type among Fire/Grass/Water. I also love the evolutions and I don't care if Samurott doesn't lokk that much like Oshawott and Dewott. It is also a good mixed sweeper and is one of the best water types of Unova.

May we have an undecided option for the poll?
    I think my friend will be choosing Snivy or possibly Oshawott and so I will pick the two opposites, although i still think i may just box them as even though i will not complain, I do not like these starters as much, usually it's easy for me but not at all this time. There is also that many other awesome pokemon of the same types as the starters as to not need them.
    etc.
    Tepig line < Chandellure and Volcarona
    Oshawott line < Caracossta, Seismitoad and Jellicent
    Snivy line < Lilligant, Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn
    (all of the above are in my opinion, others may certainly vary)
    There are just way too many other awesome pokemon that i like more-so.

I will pick Oshawott, because when I first play a Pokémon game, I usually go with the Water starter. Plus I don't like any of the other Water Pokémon in Unova.
    'Cause Magnezone is too mainstream.

I will probably choose snivy in white and oshawott in black. im kinda really wanting a fire type starter though since i never played through hg ss with cyndaquil but i strongly dislike tepigs evolutions so im not sure that ill pick tepig
    my shinies :-D
    (x2)
    (x4)(x7) (x6)(x4)(x3)
    (x3)

I'm getting an Oshawott for Black and choosing Snivy for the 3rd version. :P
    I'm picking Oshawott because I plan to have a fir and grass type on my final team, and there really isn't alot of water types.(from what i've seen)
    Snivy is because I want a Panpour. I love them Panpour. Plus, I've really liked snakes.
    And Serperier(sp?) is so elegant, every time I think about it, I imagine it is some King or Butler for some fancy people or Pokemon. At first I was all liek, "OMG SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAKKKKKEE! Gamefreak, I had the feeling you and me shared similar thoughts!"
    (I had a perfect idea of a snake starter, and *poof* It's there!)

I have claimed the Derpfish! (Stunfisk)
    I have also claimed Romano, from Hetalia.
    Not even Spain can touch him now! >)

Copy and paste this into your sig, just because I told you to. (Started by Thing)

Snivy, since it's cute. And a grass type. And a snake. It's evolution looks wonderful. Basically, it's my kind of Pokémon.

My brother's going with Oshawott. Galileo and Poseidon shall... do... something.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by DaTreeko =3 View Post
    And Serperier(sp?) is so elegant, every time I think about it, I imagine it is some King or Butler for some fancy people or Pokemon. At first I was all liek, "OMG SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAKKKKKEE! Gamefreak, I had the feeling you and me shared similar thoughts!"
    (I had a perfect idea of a snake starter, and *poof* It's there!)
    Lol metal gear solid! i might call my snivy solid snake or THE King.

Oshawott i will call Samurai, Warrior or something along those lines
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Oshawatt because its the best out of the 3 clearly.

Also his mustages ownz the big and the green snake.

Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast